TESTERS WANTED! ×

10 rounds on it now.  Manual putting seems to be the ticket for now.  The only editing I am having to do now is when I forget to record something and a few shots where the gps is off a little, as in it thinks I'm on the green when I'm just off, or thinks I'm by the bunker when I'm actually in etc.  I also find the uploading of my round from the V3 to be a lot faster when I do it at home vs at the course after the round.  Must be due to better wifi

49 minutes ago, JY56 said:

10 rounds on it now.  Manual putting seems to be the ticket for now.  The only editing I am having to do now is when I forget to record something and a few shots where the gps is off a little, as in it thinks I'm on the green when I'm just off, or thinks I'm by the bunker when I'm actually in etc.  I also find the uploading of my round from the V3 to be a lot faster when I do it at home vs at the course after the round.  Must be due to better wifi

Are you using L1 or the L5 combo?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

My shotscope v3 arrived at the post office today in my local area a few hours too late to be delivered for this week's round 😐

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 7/24/2020 at 7:32 PM, toehold57 said:

Whereas my first round picked up every shot, the 9 I played yesterday had some missing shots.  Strangely (to me) they were all 60* wedges.  

Maybe I didn’t take big enough practice swings since they were chips around the green.

Which tag do you have on your 60°. I have my SW tag on my 56° wedge and it's misses recording it every time unless I tap the tag before a swing.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Not having any issues with the SS V3.....all are working and only have to edit one or two shots at round's end.  Usually a penalty that I forgot to tag.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

8 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Which tag do you have on your 60°. I have my SW tag on my 56° wedge and it's misses recording it every time unless I tap the tag before a swing.

I have the LW tag in my 60.  

Is this tapping a V3 thing?  I don’t recall seeing anything about having to tap a club to the watch.

On 7/25/2020 at 12:40 PM, dlow206 said:

My shotscope v3 arrived at the post office today in my local area a few hours too late to be delivered for this week's round 😐

@dlow206 "This week's round"? You mean for that day's round...right? xP

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

12 minutes ago, golfish! said:

@dlow206 "This week's round"? You mean for that day's round...right? xP

I wish I could play more than once a week. Maybe my birthday week I can play twice, haha

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

@toehold57: Is this tapping a V3 thing?  I don’t recall seeing anything about having to tap a club to the watch.

No, it is not a suggestion or requirement from Shot Scope. I started doing it because of 1) a posted article that said you sometimes need to "wake" the watch to make sure it records your shot, 2) I had a new driver that I couldn't install the tag on so I kept it in my waist band and then tapped the watch on it before using my driver (and that worked), 3) my watch consistently misses my SW use unless I tap the tag.  The tapping may not work for everyone but when I remember to tap before I swing, mine doesn't miss any shots and I don't have to do edits. I think having to do edits is a pain. I have told Shot Scope customer service about what I am doing and they have passed that info on to their team to test it.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

A new forum member was venting about Shotscope's unwillingness to repair his V2.  It sounds like the rechargeable battery is going out.  So, out of curiosity, I sent SS an email inquiring about this. Apparently once the 12 month warranty expires, it's a throw-away device... 😏

image.png.26f5b62b622889e8221ebc0a84e8faec.png

200.gif.d95cafe51e1cd2f30464429a5ed70c00.gif

Hopefully the battery longevity is stellar or there are going to be some disappointed customers. Hard to believe they're designed as such.

How Krav Maga Mahopac Can Help You Crush Your goals, GIF style!!

Edit: Updated message about the V2.  

image.png.d4296db6dffd69b51197de174bb78a3b.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 7/28/2020 at 8:11 AM, artful_golfer said:

@toehold57: Is this tapping a V3 thing?  I don’t recall seeing anything about having to tap a club to the watch.

No, it is not a suggestion or requirement from Shot Scope. I started doing it because of 1) a posted article that said you sometimes need to "wake" the watch to make sure it records your shot, 2) I had a new driver that I couldn't install the tag on so I kept it in my waist band and then tapped the watch on it before using my driver (and that worked), 3) my watch consistently misses my SW use unless I tap the tag.  The tapping may not work for everyone but when I remember to tap before I swing, mine doesn't miss any shots and I don't have to do edits. I think having to do edits is a pain. I have told Shot Scope customer service about what I am doing and they have passed that info on to their team to test it.

This tapping approach, is it tapping the tag to the watch or just tapping the tag with your hand? Just trying to make sure i understand.

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

This tapping approach, is it tapping the tag to the watch or just tapping the tag with your hand? Just trying to make sure i understand.

I just slap my watch against the sensor. You could spice things up and let out a "MASHED PERTATERRRRS" while you do it if you prefer.

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I started tapping the face of my watch to the tag before I start swinging because it seemed easy and simple. I haven't tried tapping anywhere else but the user guide says it's actually the strap that detects the tags. The MGS blog on the V3 says there is an antenna in the strap that detects the tag and because of the antenna you don't need to tap the tag. I don't what the difference is, I just know tapping works for my watch. I guess it's possible the connection with my antenna isn't strong enough to detect my swings or my SW tag, but by touching the watch my tags are closer to the antenna so that wakes my watch and makes it work. 

The other caution in the user guide is you should not wear an ion band, metal or other device on your wrists because it may affect the watch. I wear a silver Medic Alert bracelet (that I never take off) on the opposite wrist, so maybe I need the tapping to help overcome the bracelet.

PXG 0811 XF driver

2 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I started tapping the face of my watch to the tag before I start swinging because it seemed easy and simple. I haven't tried tapping anywhere else but the user guide says it's actually the strap that detects the tags. The MGS blog on the V3 says there is an antenna in the strap that detects the tag and because of the antenna you don't need to tap the tag. I don't what the difference is, I just know tapping works for my watch. I guess it's possible the connection with my antenna isn't strong enough to detect my swings or my SW tag, but by touching the watch my tags are closer to the antenna so that wakes my watch and makes it work. 

The other caution in the user guide is you should not wear an ion band, metal or other device on your wrists because it may affect the watch. I wear a silver Medic Alert bracelet (that I never take off) on the opposite wrist, so maybe I need the tapping to help overcome the bracelet.

Cool, thanks for the info. I just got the Shotscope v3 and havent used it on the course yet.

Also, slightly concerned about my MacGyver solution to putting the putter tag on my adjustable counterweighted grip. Will see how well that works out, actually more worried that its going to come off and i will lose the tag.

Updated 07/15/2022

17 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Cool, thanks for the info. I just got the Shotscope v3 and havent used it on the course yet.

Also, slightly concerned about my MacGyver solution to putting the putter tag on my adjustable counterweighted grip. Will see how well that works out, actually more worried that its going to come off and i will lose the tag.

I too have a counter weighted putter. I trimmed the stem on the tag to about 1/8" so it would fit in the grip hole. Then I applied electrical tape over the tag and down onto the grip on both sides. Next a wrapped electrical tape around the top of the grip and the edge of the tag to help make sure the first strip would stay in place. So far it is staying in place and doesn't look offensive. No one has even noticed. I posted a photo of it earlier in this thread but here it is again.

IMG_2926.jpg.e35b7febe06f9618e7c2ac0847b1294f.jpg

PXG 0811 XF driver

1 minute ago, artful_golfer said:

I too have a counter weighted putter. I trimmed the stem on the tag to about 1/8" so it would fit in the grip hole. Then I applied electrical tape over the tag and down onto the grip on both sides. Next a wrapped electrical tape around the top of the grip and the edge of the tag to help make sure the first strip would stay in place. So far it is staying in place and doesn't look offensive. No one has even noticed. I posted a photo of it earlier in this thread but here it is again.

IMG_2926.jpg.e35b7febe06f9618e7c2ac0847b1294f.jpg

I cut the stem off of mine and then put velcro on both the tag and on the grip. I put a hole in the velcro on the grip side so that the counterweight is still adjustable.

Updated 07/15/2022

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

I cut the stem off of mine and then put velcro on both the tag and on the grip. I put a hole in the velcro on the grip side so that the counterweight is still adjustable.

Hope it works for you. I thought about using Velcro but I was too worried I might knock the tag off in the bottom of my bag.

PXG 0811 XF driver

44 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Hope it works for you. I thought about using Velcro but I was too worried I might knock the tag off in the bottom of my bag.

I got worried about my approach while thinking about it so i am scrapping the velcro for now.

Updated 07/15/2022

18 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I did velcro too but wasn't happy with it as it made it noticeably higher, so went back to the same with tape.  Barely notice it. The only issue I have is it won't read left hand low and I did try it taped to the front of the grip but support says it has to be on top to work.  I think I'll probably go back to manual and in that case I probably don't even need a tag ?

I ran into my first issue with the SSV3 today.

I had the opportunity to play Inverness GC in south Denver yesterday.  Inverness is a semi-private resort course, either you have a membership or you are staying at Hilton as a guest.  The generosity of a friend of a friend allowed me to play.  Thanks Randy if you’re out there!

The watch picked up what course was being played and worked well during the round, no problems there. When I sat down to edit the round though the course could not be found.  Yeah, I could play the course but not edit afterwards.

I have an email into support asking for help.  Fingers crossed that they know what might be happening.

Edit: the acknowledgment from SS states it take a week before I see a response, they are busy!

Edited by toehold57

Does anyone know how to remove an entire hole from your round? For some reason SS thinks I played the 18th hole hitting driver from 63y and then 2 putting for eagle...

Edit: nevermind, after deleting the shots it removed the hole from counting towards my total. Very strange, it counted me as getting a 0 which made my overall round -2 but all is well now. Still have to do way too much editing. Forgot to try L1+L5 today.

So I used the Shotscope V3 for the first time and everything was all good until hole 9. I entered my putting strokes using Pin Collect on 9. When I was walking over to 10, there was an option to "Play Back 9" or "End Round". I am pretty sure I hit the upper right button for the check mark when it was on "Play Back 9" and it either ended my round or went back to Hole 1. I couldn't for the life of me get to hole 10 and gave up. Ended up with no GPS or tracking from 10 onwards. What did I do wrong?

Updated 07/15/2022

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

So I used the Shotscope V3 for the first time and everything was all good until hole 9. I entered my putting strokes using Pin Collect on 9. When I was walking over to 10, there was an option to "Play Back 9" or "End Round". I am pretty sure I hit the upper right button for the check mark when it was on "Play Back 9" and it either ended my round or went back to Hole 1. I couldn't for the life of me get to hole 10 and gave up. Ended up with no GPS or tracking from 10 onwards. What did I do wrong?

Strange, I've never seen that option to continue or end, it always just keeps going for me. Except when I played split tees and started off 10, then it just asked me to end my round.

18 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Strange, I've never seen that option to continue or end, it always just keeps going for me. Except when I played split tees and started off 10, then it just asked me to end my round.

When you play a round, does it allow you to manually toggle between all 18 holes? I could manually toggle only between 1 through 9.

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

When you play a round, does it allow you to manually toggle between all 18 holes? I could manually toggle only between 1 through 9.

Yeah, but it's not that "smart"

It knew I started on 10 last week but instead of asking me if I was going to resume from hole 1, it just asked if I wanted to end my round. I think if I wanted to continue, I would've had to press "back" a bunch of times to go back to hole 1.

Does any one know what to do if a course is using a temporary green. I haven’t played yet but know there is a temporary green in use at a course I will play over the weekend. Is it best to just switch to pin collect when I am on the temporary green and SS will record this as where the pin was?

7 minutes ago, EHump said:

Does any one know what to do if a course is using a temporary green. I haven’t played yet but know there is a temporary green in use at a course I will play over the weekend. Is it best to just switch to pin collect when I am on the temporary green and SS will record this as where the pin was?

That would be my guess!

4 hours ago, EHump said:

Probably, and since SS is based on Google Earth aerial views, the temp green is probably not mapped either. I think it would be too much of a hassle to ask SS to map the temp green and then back to the official one.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT