Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

Yeah, but it's not that "smart"

It knew I started on 10 last week but instead of asking me if I was going to resume from hole 1, it just asked if I wanted to end my round. I think if I wanted to continue, I would've had to press "back" a bunch of times to go back to hole 1.

I have a feeling that my course may only have 9 of the 18 holes mapped. There was no way for me to manually toggle through holes 10 to 18. I logged a ticket.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I have a feeling that my course may only have 9 of the 18 holes mapped. There was no way for me to manually toggle through holes 10 to 18. I logged a ticket.

When that's happened to me I end the round and then just keep playing. It has automatically goes to #1 when I do and then added the front 9 onto my round so when I later upload it shows a full 18 holes.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

12 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

When that's happened to me I end the round and then just keep playing. It has automatically goes to #1 when I do and then added the front 9 onto my round so when I later upload it shows a full 18 holes.

My problem was that after hole 9, I couldn't get it to go to hole 10. It wanted to go back to 1 and I could only manually toggle to 1 through 9. So I couldn't use the watch for 10 to 18.

I am the worst estimator of yardage, so I feel lost without a GPS watch on the course. So I had to use my rangefinder to laser all my approach shots for the remainder of the round.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

7 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

My problem was that after hole 9, I couldn't get it to go to hole 10. It wanted to go back to 1 and I could only manually toggle to 1 through 9. So I couldn't use the watch for 10 to 18.

I am the worst estimator of yardage, so I feel lost without a GPS watch on the course. So I had to use my rangefinder to laser all my approach shots for the remainder of the round.

Seems like if you could end the round and then start another one that starts on 10.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

4 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Seems like if you could end the round and then start another one that starts on 10.

That is what i thought as well. Tried that and it kept restarting at 1. Frustratingly kept trying different options during the first few holes of the back 9, but it just wouldn't switch over nor could i manually toggle to 10, 11, etc. 

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

That is what i thought as well. Tried that and it kept restarting at 1. Frustratingly kept trying different options during the first few holes of the back 9, but it just wouldn't switch over nor could i manually toggle to 10, 11, etc. 

When you edit the round after, does it show holes 10-18?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Just now, yungkory said:

When you edit the round after, does it show holes 10-18?

No, this is what i see

image.png.1bb8479384eecf08a3d7215fb9bc0ec0.png

Updated 07/15/2022

Just now, dlow206 said:

No, this is what i see

image.png.1bb8479384eecf08a3d7215fb9bc0ec0.png

Yeah they definitely don't have your course mapped, you should at least see the back 9 on there:

2161E695-701A-40D3-8BA4-291E0B402DFD.png.b88274a08a9fd4e00c5ceac0f76b87aa.png

5 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Yeah they definitely don't have your course mapped, you should at least see the back 9 on there:

2161E695-701A-40D3-8BA4-291E0B402DFD.png.b88274a08a9fd4e00c5ceac0f76b87aa.png

I just looked in the app and found where I could edit. Here is hole 9 vs. 10. Hole 10 shows a black screen.

IMG_7113.PNG.159813876a4f2b0d169796c19c7b0fb7.PNG

IMG_7114.PNG.e242b77a950c27960d380e07d46ab930.PNG

Updated 07/15/2022

So...forgive me for maybe not understanding.  I don't officially have a handicap card, but I have been keeping track of my scores in the Grint, which is always suggesting the course handicap based off the history of the rounds I have entered.

What I am unclear of is what handicap are you to Enter into the shotscope when recording rounds.  If you enter the course calculated handicap based on your index, it records that as your new handicap in your over all account profile as well...trying to figure out how to reconcile this....

And also what handicap are you supposed to enter if you only play 9 holes?  I'm just trying to reconcile the 2 apps and trying figure out what is correct, is the shotscope information just not accounting for the new Handicapping methods?  I was just looking through the course history and was like...my NET shouldn't have been that, because I think it expects you to enter your full 18 hole handicap even if you only played 9??

Anyone played around with this? Or understand how it's supposed to work.  Did a couple searches and couldn't find any definite answers.

I ran into my first issue with the SSV3 today.
 I had the opportunity to play Inverness GC in south Denver yesterday.  Inverness is a semi-private resort course, either you have a membership or you are staying at Hilton as a guest.  The generosity of a friend of a friend allowed me to play.  Thanks Randy if you’re out there!
The watch picked up what course was being played and worked well during the round, no problems there. When I sat down to edit the round though the course could not be found.  Yeah, I could play the course but not edit afterwards.
 I have an email into support asking for help.  Fingers crossed that they know what might be happening.
Edit: the acknowledgment from SS states it take a week before I see a response, they are busy!

I have experienced similar activity. After s round, I went to edit it and the round could not be found, until the next day and it was ready to be edited.

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

9 hours ago, Gilley7997 said:

So...forgive me for maybe not understanding.  I don't officially have a handicap card, but I have been keeping track of my scores in the Grint, which is always suggesting the course handicap based off the history of the rounds I have entered.

What I am unclear of is what handicap are you to Enter into the shotscope when recording rounds.  If you enter the course calculated handicap based on your index, it records that as your new handicap in your over all account profile as well...trying to figure out how to reconcile this....

And also what handicap are you supposed to enter if you only play 9 holes?  I'm just trying to reconcile the 2 apps and trying figure out what is correct, is the shotscope information just not accounting for the new Handicapping methods?  I was just looking through the course history and was like...my NET shouldn't have been that, because I think it expects you to enter your full 18 hole handicap even if you only played 9??

Anyone played around with this? Or understand how it's supposed to work.  Did a couple searches and couldn't find any definite answers.

I don't think it really matters to be honest. It can't submit scores, and I don't think it calculates net score anyways. I just round up and put my HDCP as an 8 (currently at 7.7 and it doesn't allow decimals). I submit my score, hole-by-hole, using the GHIN app.It's unfortunate that I still have to keep score separately on a scorecard and can't rely on the system completely, probably the only thing I miss about Arccos. Arccos would still miss shots on a rare occasion, and more-commonly miss a putt or two, but at least I could edit that on the fly since it was using my phone. Overall though, I enjoy not paying attention to my phone during my round and just playing golf.

5 hours ago, yungkory said:

I don't think it really matters to be honest. It can't submit scores, and I don't think it calculates net score anyways. I just round up and put my HDCP as an 8 (currently at 7.7 and it doesn't allow decimals). I submit my score, hole-by-hole, using the GHIN app.It's unfortunate that I still have to keep score separately on a scorecard and can't rely on the system completely, probably the only thing I miss about Arccos. Arccos would still miss shots on a rare occasion, and more-commonly miss a putt or two, but at least I could edit that on the fly since it was using my phone. Overall though, I enjoy not paying attention to my phone during my round and just playing golf.

So the reason I ask is because I was looking through the explore option and in the courses you have played, I noticed that I had a Nett Course record, and knew that couldn't possibly be true, so started reviewing some of the information and realized that I couldn't quite figure out what it was doing.  But I assume this would also be an issue with the leaderboard features.  Which I admit I am not a member of, but if people aren't putting in the consistent data for each course, that's a small problem.  At least the Grint does all the calculations for you based on your Index or estimated index.  I'm not even sure at all what Shotscope is actually doing with the handicap number, and no where in the HELP or FAQ is it explained.

3 hours ago, Gilley7997 said:

So the reason I ask is because I was looking through the explore option and in the courses you have played, I noticed that I had a Nett Course record, and knew that couldn't possibly be true, so started reviewing some of the information and realized that I couldn't quite figure out what it was doing.  But I assume this would also be an issue with the leaderboard features.  Which I admit I am not a member of, but if people aren't putting in the consistent data for each course, that's a small problem.  At least the Grint does all the calculations for you based on your Index or estimated index.  I'm not even sure at all what Shotscope is actually doing with the handicap number, and no where in the HELP or FAQ is it explained.

Ah, I see. Yeah for the leaderboards and stuff I could see how it could cause issues if you were trying to compete on that. It's unofficial so I think it's not meant to be taken too seriously? Grint does that for you because it submits your score and counts as a legit handicap. When I was using grint and linked it to my GHIN number, I was getting double-posts because I was also submitting my score thru the GHIN app. I unlinked it eventually because it wasn't calculating it correctly but I believe it was due to having an incorrect course layout for one of the courses I play most. 

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

Ah, I see. Yeah for the leaderboards and stuff I could see how it could cause issues if you were trying to compete on that. It's unofficial so I think it's not meant to be taken too seriously? Grint does that for you because it submits your score and counts as a legit handicap. When I was using grint and linked it to my GHIN number, I was getting double-posts because I was also submitting my score thru the GHIN app. I unlinked it eventually because it wasn't calculating it correctly but I believe it was due to having an incorrect course layout for one of the courses I play most. 

I mean even if they didn't calculate your index for you, I'm thinking they could just have you enter your Handicap Index on your profile and then use the course data to calculate your course Handicap automatically.  Seems like that little bit of programming would be more accurate.  

Once this learns your distances and such, does it give you club recommendations? like caddy mode or something of the sort? I just pre-ordered one, wont get here until October, haven't done as much research as i probably should have, but i have doubts ill regret it. 

Right Handed, My Bag:   M2 Driver 9 Degree Stiff shaft (2017);    RBZ Black 3W Ventus Stiff;   F7 3 Hybrid;   4-9 Iron Sub 70 699 Pro's standard length +2 lie stiff S300's;   48 Degree Sub 70 KBS Tour stiff shaft;    Bombtech 52/56/60 stock stiff shafts;   Evenroll Tour Stroke Putter 34 Inch  Gravity Grip;   Snell MTB.  I live in Southern Utah, 17 Handicap.

1 hour ago, Net Double said:

Once this learns your distances and such, does it give you club recommendations? like caddy mode or something of the sort? I just pre-ordered one, wont get here until October, haven't done as much research as i probably should have, but i have doubts ill regret it. 

Nope. No caddie function, all you see on the watch when playing is the GPS distances.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

4 hours ago, Net Double said:

It's good for what it is, a stat tracking device that gives gps distance. It's about 3y off of my laser rangefinder but I'm not good enough for that to make a tangible difference anyways. The best part is that it's always improving! 

New FW released:

New Feature - Show Last Tag

This is a new feature which gives the golfer visual feedback during the round. The last club tag the watch has detected will now appear on the watch screen. This will help give the golfer confidence that their shot has been detected. This function can be turned off in settings if you do not wish to use it. 

Improved Shot Tracking

The watch will detect club tags from further away than before. This means it is now more likely to pick up every shot, and you can check this with the new 'show last tag' feature.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Improved Shot Tracking

The watch will detect club tags from further away than before. This means it is now more likely to pick up every shot, and you can check this with the new 'show last tag' feature.

Really hope this means I can wear it on my left wrist (as a lefty). I'm right hand dominant but swing left (baseball, hockey, golf)

• :taylormade-small: M2 Driver,
  • :adams-small: Tight Lies 2, 3 Wood
  • :taylormade-small:  Burner 3 Hybrid
  • :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 4-GW 
  • :cleveland-small: CBX 54* SW
  • :titelist-small::vokey-small: SM6 58* LW
  • :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro 2.0 Rossie

New FW released:

New Feature - Show Last Tag
This is a new feature which gives the golfer visual feedback during the round. The last club tag the watch has detected will now appear on the watch screen. This will help give the golfer confidence that their shot has been detected. This function can be turned off in settings if you do not wish to use it. 
Improved Shot Tracking

Got it......updated automatically when I got home after golf today.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Tour Edge Exotics EXS(11.5*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 LW(58*) w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 7/30/2020 at 7:43 PM, toehold57 said:

I ran into my first issue with the SSV3 today.

I had the opportunity to play Inverness GC in south Denver yesterday.  Inverness is a semi-private resort course, either you have a membership or you are staying at Hilton as a guest.  The generosity of a friend of a friend allowed me to play.  Thanks Randy if you’re out there!

The watch picked up what course was being played and worked well during the round, no problems there. When I sat down to edit the round though the course could not be found.  Yeah, I could play the course but not edit afterwards.

I have an email into support asking for help.  Fingers crossed that they know what might be happening.

Edit: the acknowledgment from SS states it take a week before I see a response, they are busy!

Heard back from Support today.  They say there should be issues with this course.  And after the firmware update (hoping it immaterial a difference) I’m still not able to edit my round.

Took a screenshot as my reply.  Hopefully it’s a problem between the screen and the chair 😜

I saw a picture of the new firmware on IG today, I like the addition of the "last club" used. Hopefully the accuracy claims are legit, and it's better at locating you on the course. Guess we'll see on Thursday!

I have played two rounds now since the software update. The watch is performing perfectly.

I love the last tag indicator, the last thing I usually do before setting up to hit the shot is check the yardage. Now I immediately see that the correct tag is selected, you are ready to hit. I was initially getting 10 or so missed shots, and I was never sure if I had taken enough of a practice swing or not. Now I know immediately by just looking at the watch.

I think the other improvements in distance recognition and such have probably helped also, but the bottom line is that now I can just play golf without  having to think much about the V3 recording the shots. Accuracy is totally enough for me. I am really interested in the P Averages and over many rounds so I don't worry much if I forget to mark a shot as positional or if a putt is 21 feet vs. 20 feet. Just not that big of a deal for my purposes.

Loving the watch.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

Also loving the last tag indicator, it actually got all of the shots correctly today!

Pin accuracy is still pretty horrible at times, probably the majority of the time.

I'd like them to add a something similar to the last tagged shot where it tells you what you scored on the previous hole, after you do the pin collect. That way you know for sure it got your score correct. Maybe it doesn't matter tho, since you can't do anything about it. I just like knowing.

Shotscope responded to me after about a week and a half and they have updated my home course to have 18 holes, that makes me happy.

Updated 07/15/2022

On 8/4/2020 at 8:57 PM, toehold57 said:

Heard back from Support today.  They say there should be issues with this course.  And after the firmware update (hoping it immaterial a difference) I’m still not able to edit my round.

Took a screenshot as my reply.  Hopefully it’s a problem between the screen and the chair 😜

And the reply back from support?  They told me to enter the par value for each hole, then I would be able to edit the round.  And it worked. When I asked why this was needed -

We couldn't find a database that had all the pars for all the tees. So we require the user to confirm those pars are correct. You only need to do it once.”

Hi,

My own V3 has been working pretty well up until I updated the firmware to 2.2.62. Now it doesn’t record any data at all. When I get home and sync my round, nothing happens i.e. no data gets added. The “show club” feature only shows the three dots (...) on the screen. To be honest, I don’t think any club information has ever been shown by the watch before the firmware update either.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar?

I’ve raised a ticket with ShotScope but they are saying it will take at least a week before they are able to reply.

I've been having an issue with the GPS loading for the first hole. It often will just say "loading" and then I can't wait and I start play and then it picks up the first hole mid way through. Any tips to fix this?

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I've been having an issue with the GPS loading for the first hole. It often will just say "loading" and then I can't wait and I start play and then it picks up the first hole mid way through. Any tips to fix this?

This will sound like a smart arse reply, but turn it on earlier. I used to be a walk from the car park to the first tee guy, but I get to the course at least 30 minutes before tee off and start my V3 at least 10 minutes before tee off. But that way I know it'll be ready when it should be.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!