TESTERS WANTED! ×

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I've been having an issue with the GPS loading for the first hole. It often will just say "loading" and then I can't wait and I start play and then it picks up the first hole mid way through. Any tips to fix this?

Big pet peeve of mine as well. Best solution? Hit play right out of the car so it finds the course, and then just let it go.  Even if it goes back to the main screen the next time you hit play it will find the course much faster - still a minute or so to find the course, but much faster than the 5+ minutes it takes sometimes the first goaround

Good to know that it takes you folks a really long time to locate you on the first tee, thought it was a "Hawaii" thing.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

It wouldn’t be accurate to say my V3 unit is working correctly since the firmware update. However, the addition of the prior tag screen indicator has definitely improved my experience.

It’s still missing a ton of tags that should automatically register through normal play, but after hitting the shot I can verify whether it was recognized. When it misses an auto tag, I place the butt of the club directly against the wrist unit and it registers instantly. I know ShotScope HQ doesn’t officially endorse that procedure but it works like a charm for me. Still pretty disappointed overall with disparity between expected and actual functionality.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

6 hours ago, MattF said:

This will sound like a smart arse reply, but turn it on earlier. I used to be a walk from the car park to the first tee guy, but I get to the course at least 30 minutes before tee off and start my V3 at least 10 minutes before tee off. But that way I know it'll be ready when it should be.

6 hours ago, jlukes said:

Big pet peeve of mine as well. Best solution? Hit play right out of the car so it finds the course, and then just let it go.  Even if it goes back to the main screen the next time you hit play it will find the course much faster - still a minute or so to find the course, but much faster than the 5+ minutes it takes sometimes the first goaround

Makes sense. I have been starting it about 5 minutes before the round, but that hasn't been long enough. Does it pick up shots on the range or putting green if I turn it on early before my round?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

17 hours ago, dlow206 said:
Makes sense. I have been starting it about 5 minutes before the round, but that hasn't been long enough. Does it pick up shots on the range or putting green if I turn it on early before my round?

If you've turned it on but haven't actually hit play, then it shouldn't.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Edited by MattF
Stupid phone.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

22 hours ago, yungkory said:

Good to know that it takes you folks a really long time to locate you on the first tee, thought it was a "Hawaii" thing.

Nope takes a while everywhere. I just hit play and let it search while i check in and grab my cart etc

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

I haven't had an issue with my watch connecting with the satellite but honestly I haven't watched to know how long it takes. I normally turn mine on when I finish my range warm up while waiting to head to the tee box. That can be anywhere from 5-10 minutes before tee time, but I turn it on and don't look at again until I get to the starting tee. A couple of times I forgot and it didn't connect until after I started. But it is a simple edit to add your first drive after the round.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

4 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I haven't had an issue with my watch connecting with the satellite but honestly I haven't watched to know how long it takes. I normally turn mine on when I finish my range warm up while waiting to head to the tee box. That can be anywhere from 5-10 minutes before tee time, but I turn it on and don't look at again until I get to the starting tee. A couple of times I forgot and it didn't connect until after I started. But it is a simple edit to add your first drive after the round.

This is the routine I do as well, usually at least minutes before my tee time, but it still doesn't find the satellites. I'm going to turn it on immediately when i get to the course.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

On 8/7/2020 at 8:09 PM, toehold57 said:

And the reply back from support?  They told me to enter the par value for each hole, then I would be able to edit the round.  And it worked. When I asked why this was needed -

We couldn't find a database that had all the pars for all the tees. So we require the user to confirm those pars are correct. You only need to do it once.”

Played at a new-to-me course today and had the same issue when editing the round.  I needed to verify par for all holes.  This isn’t like it’s a new course, it’s been around for 10 years or so.

I will say that there was very little editing that needed to be done though.  SSV3 picked up every shot.  👍

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

This is the routine I do as well, usually at least minutes before my tee time, but it still doesn't find the satellites. I'm going to turn it on immediately when i get to the course.

This was my routine today.  I turned tracking (Play) on while I was still on the driving range.  Even though I was hitting balls, the watch did not count them as shots.  I just now realized this.  The watch says my round began on the first tee as usual.

I need advice on starting the round. I turn the V3 on when I get to the course but don't hit play until I am done on the range and putting green. The GPS is so slow I am frequently stalling on the Tee Box until it finds the course.  Of course now I am anxious because I am worried about the watch.  Is there a way to let it find the course but not start the round?  I am afraid to set play on the V3 and then hit practice shots, but in truth I haven't tried it.  I have 4 rounds with the watch tracking under my belt so I am still new.

How can I let the watch get prepared and ready for me and then just wait until I say, OK V3 I am starting now.

Edited by mrtkopa
clarity

@mrtkopa Just turn it on and hit play. It'll find the satellites, then the course name will scroll across the screen and it won't do anything else until you hit the button next to the check mark. So, it won't start recording hits until you do that.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Got my V3 last week, looks great and very comfortable to wear. Was disappointed to find that my course is not mapped so I have put in a request. Finally got on the course yesterday and hit play, only to find that even though I was standing on the first tee there was "no course within 1 mile". Hopefully the mapping will be done by the next time I get out so I can start getting some stats.and just maybe improve my game.

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

20 hours ago, MattF said:

@mrtkopa Just turn it on and hit play. It'll find the satellites, then the course name will scroll across the screen and it won't do anything else until you hit the button next to the check mark. So, it won't start recording hits until you do that.

I am so grateful you replied. Thank you

I went with the turn it on in the parking lot approach. It found the course within like 2 minutes so that was a win.

Updated 07/15/2022

On 8/15/2020 at 1:16 PM, mrtkopa said:

.How can I let the watch get prepared and ready for me and then just wait until I say, OK V3 I am starting now.

Sorry for the late reply.

I hit “play” a good 15min before actually starting the round.  Forgot I had done that although I did worry it might count my range time as strokes.  As I mentioned, I forgot about any of this until I sat down to edit the round.

In short, I turned it on early and forgot about it.  Worked like a champ.

Are those of you using the V3 still experiencing the "missed shots" due to not taking practice swings?  I'm still getting use my, new to me, used V2 and couldn't figure out why I'm not seeing some irons or the data dosen't seem to be shifting on some.  I read their website troubleshoot and see that not taking practice swings can be the cause - watch in sleep mode.  I quite often do not take practice swings as part of my pre shot routine - or do so with only short quarter swings.  I'll need to change that.

Sorry if I missed this issue in a prior post but my quick look didn't find it.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Are those of you using the V3 still experiencing the "missed shots" due to not taking practice swings?

I had that issue in one round with my 60 but all the shots were around the green.  Guessed it was due to a slow, short practice swing vs a fuller swing.  I have not had any problems since.

After the recent firmware update I was checking the watch quite a bit to see if it knew which club I had in hand.  At times it would detect the correct club without any sort of practice swing.  Other times I did need to take that swing for detection to occur.

27 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

I had that issue in one round with my 60 but all the shots were around the green.  Guessed it was due to a slow, short practice swing vs a fuller swing.  I have not had any problems since.

After the recent firmware update I was checking the watch quite a bit to see if it knew which club I had in hand.  At times it would detect the correct club without any sort of practice swing.  Other times I did need to take that swing for detection to occur.

I would have never thought this would be a problem; in fact just the opposite.  I figured a full practice swing would get registered as a shot.  Not sure what the recipe is they are using to distinguish... maybe picking up impact?

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

I would have never thought this would be a problem; in fact just the opposite.  I figured a full practice swing would get registered as a shot.  Not sure what the recipe is they are using to distinguish... maybe picking up impact?

As an old  ‘puter guy I have a theory about how it works. 

As you take practice swings the GPS location takes note of your location.  Saves it if you will.  We know this Is true when we edit rounds and can see where on the course we hit from.  Does it know which of the ‘swings’ was the real swing that hit the ball?  I don’t think so.  I’ve  hit multiple balls from the same spot and only one is registered.

As we move to the next shot and take a practice swing, the GPS location is noted again and we start all over.  The watch saves each of these locations, along with club info, and when we sync our round the backend servers apply these GPS coordinates to a map that we can see.  It also figures out the yardage and such.  The logic seems very simple to me.  Smart, clever, but simple.

Just my theory from being a techie for almost 40 years.  I could be very wrong but it makes sense to me.

9 hours ago, toehold57 said:

As an old  ‘puter guy I have a theory about how it works. 

As you take practice swings the GPS location takes note of your location.  Saves it if you will.  We know this Is true when we edit rounds and can see where on the course we hit from.  Does it know which of the ‘swings’ was the real swing that hit the ball?  I don’t think so.  I’ve  hit multiple balls from the same spot and only one is registered.

As we move to the next shot and take a practice swing, the GPS location is noted again and we start all over.  The watch saves each of these locations, along with club info, and when we sync our round the backend servers apply these GPS coordinates to a map that we can see.  It also figures out the yardage and such.  The logic seems very simple to me.  Smart, clever, but simple.

Just my theory from being a techie for almost 40 years.  I could be very wrong but it makes sense to me.

Suspect you're correct.  I too have hit a couple of shots from the same location and it only captures one. So what would happen if we took practice swings with a 5w, then switched to a 4i to make the actual shot?  Presuming the watch "awakes" seeing the 5w, would it then register whatever the last tag/swing was used?  I've had a few shots register with the wrong club; might still be associated with not taking practice swings... dunno?

I set the GPS + Tracking, then leave it while it searches for the course as I am not ready to tee off and I want to record the correct playing time. I tend to forget about it and reset it to Play on the first tee.  It then takes awhile to find the course, but maybe after the second shot it comes on.  When I go to edit, I see that it has recorded my shots on the first tee and I do not need to edit. 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

o what would happen if we took practice swings with a 5w, then switched to a 4i to make the actual shot?  Presuming the watch "awakes" seeing the 5w, would it then register whatever the last tag/swing was used?

I presume it would record both and you'd have to delete one or the other during editing.

In the bag:

Bag: 

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Suspect you're correct.  I too have hit a couple of shots from the same location and it only captures one. So what would happen if we took practice swings with a 5w, then switched to a 4i to make the actual shot?  Presuming the watch "awakes" seeing the 5w, would it then register whatever the last tag/swing was used?  I've had a few shots register with the wrong club; might still be associated with not taking practice swings... dunno?

I believe with the new firmware update that shows the last club detected, you can be sure the right club is being detected for tracking. So far seems to work for me. Usually the only shots my unit misses are the multiple shots it takes to get out of bunkers sometimes. I think if it is too close, the unit does not register that you actually moved. Guess i just need to get better at bunker shots and stop blaming my shotscope for missing shots!

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

7 hours ago, golfish! said:Usually the only shots my unit misses are the multiple shots it takes to get out of bunkers sometimes. I think if it is too close, the unit does not register that you actually moved.

I’ve seen the same thing. There must be a minimum distance you have to cover before it thinks you’ve moved on.

On 8/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, toehold57 said:

I’ve seen the same thing. There must be a minimum distance you have to cover before it thinks you’ve moved on.

Yeah probably the algorithm needs to register a minimum distance like you said. I've had instances where I hit a ball off the tee and moved to the cart to get a proV and it recorded it as a stroke.

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

Does anybody know if shotscope intends to add some more statistical analysis?

on the one hand I found it was quite good and Miss no shots today and therefore it was fairly easy to use except a few times I forgot to do my pin collection.

however what I would like is some robust statistical analysis the way our coast does. Whether that be in strokes gained or whether that be in showing handicap performance by type of shot i e and driving handicap an approach handicap a short game handicap excetera. Right now we have access to statistics but it's up to us to really interpret those statistics and there is no way to compare it to see where we are categorically as far as handicaps are concerned.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Been having lots of issues with mine. Haven’t heard from SS support for 10 days...anyone else having issues since the firmware update?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

On 8/20/2020 at 6:19 AM, fixyurdivot said:

It definitely only records one for me if I hit multiple shots from the same location. I hit my original tee shot and then a provisional and it only recorded one shot.

Updated 07/15/2022