Jump to content

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, GetInTheHole said:

How do people find the automatic putting tracking compared to manual?

If I am standing still on the green for 20 seconds not near my ball waiting for playing partners to take chips or putts is it going to think I took a putt from that location in automatic putt mode?
 

What do you guys have your putt modes set to automatic or manual and why?

 

Had a look though manual but could not see anything on this

I used the auto with my V2 but switched it to manual in the V3. I think the manual is a heck of a lot more accurate than the auto. If you're the type of player that takes practice swings wihile someone else is putting, then manual would work better.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, is any one else having problems with the V3 registering practice swings as shots? Played 4 rounds with it now and after each round have had to remove an additional 5-8 extra shots each time? Also had a few shots where I’ve used a driver off the tee and it’s registered the club used as an 8i!? 

I never had either of these issues with the v2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've used the V3 for 2 rounds now, upgrading from a V2.  I am personally a fan of the smaller size, it's like wearing a fitbit.  A few notes, most of which will echo what has already been said:

- Battery life definitely improved.  I played 18 in 3 hours using tracking and GPS, ended the round on the watch but left it on so I could see the time.  Synced up the round later that evening and forgot to shut the watch off so it stayed on overnight and all next day, when I put it on the charger it still had 67% battery.  With V2 I could play 18 with tracking and GPS and be at 40% after 1 round, even when it was brand new.

- Screen/display quality improved.  Much easier to see in bright sunlight

- GPS is just as accurate as V2, seems within a yard or two when compared to my Bushnell laser and pin sheet.

- Buttons are a bit large compared to the rest of the unit now, maybe could have been smaller/sleeker but I'm not an engineer, no idea if that is necessary due to the internal design. 

- GPS does take a few minutes to find you when you hit play, noticeably longer than V2.  Not sure if playing the same course frequently will help speed it up, but so far played twice in two days and took a long time on both occasions.  I'll keep an eye on this as I get more rounds in.

- I did have some issues setting the V3 up/getting the firmware update.  I accidentally backed out of the app on the phone before it started syncing, and it froze.  Force closed the app and restarted the watch, then it worked.  

- I wish there was a way to "pause" your round, last time out there was a group in front and no one behind, so we did some putting and chipping around a couple greens to wait, and it messed with the shot tracking.  Nothing I couldn't fix after the round.

- I did have one instance where a driver registered as a PW, no clue how that happened, never had it happen before on the V2.  

- Also had two instances of practice swings registering as shots, basically just showed double shots on the app afterwards so I had to delete the extras.  Could have also been down to waiting for a partner to hit and gripped the club so the tag registered, so I will have to be mindful of that.

Overall I'm happy with V3, and from what I can see the ShotScope team is always working on improvements, main thing is I'm hoping the time to pick up on GPS can be cut down.  It's fine if I think to hit play when I'm leaving the practice green or walking to the tee, but it takes long enough that if you hit play on the first tee, even after 3 other people hit it might not be ready yet.  

  • Like 3

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see their is a firmware upgrade with refined shot collection and a couple other things.  Now I just need my V3 to get here so I can do the update, lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, JY56 said:

I see their is a firmware upgrade with refined shot collection and a couple other things.  Now I just need my V3 to get here so I can do the update, lol

Do you have a link to the release notes please? Keen to have a look

on the edge of returning garmin for a shotscope instead

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2020 at 2:59 AM, Kanoito said:

Did anyone fiddle with the GPS and RFID settings? Wonder how it affects accuracy and battery life.

Here's a list and the last two are for the GPS and RFID settings. L1+L5 GPS are apparently more accurate and RFID you can adjust down to save battery life.

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/sections/360001681017-Settings

  • Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just played my 1st competitive round of the year today.

Shot a 93 with 6 x 3-putts and a wayward driver (the Epic knows the Cobra SZ is coming)

GPS was pretty accurate, within couple of yards from my laser.

Had 2 holes where I was just outside a bunker and it shows me in the bunker.

Had 1 hole where I took 4 practice swings (210 yard approach with a 19* hybrid) and it registered all 4 as actual swings.

Had about 8 ghost shots (either not registered or recorded a practice swing) that had to be edited.

Battery life was good, still had about 50% after playing an excruciating 5 hour round.

Operation, buttons, etc. all pretty intuitive, nothing to complain about.

Will put it up for some more testing next weekend.

  • Like 4

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have played 4 round# with new V3.....would have been 5 rounds but somehow when I charged it Tuesday I forgot to turn it off and it was drained Friday. Anyway, I averted the firmware issues because I had read about rebooting when it hung up....thanks all. The V3 takes less editing than the V2, but I have had to drop a couple “double shots” on my Wedges. Very accurate, much easier to read. Have been checking the gps with my range finder and it has been spot on. Battery life is 50% after the round so now I don’t have to turn it off after the round.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did have a hiccup that cost me today. I changed the satellites to L1+L5 and on 18 it locked up for a couple of minutes and had me 236 out from the green...blew my 3 wood over the green, should have been a 3 hybrid at 204 yards. So, I've gone back to the L1 only satellites. It also added a couple of shots rather than not having enough, but I think it may have been because of the L5 addition. I'll see what happens next week.

  • Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MattF said:

I did have a hiccup that cost me today. I changed the satellites to L1+L5 and on 18 it locked up for a couple of minutes and had me 236 out from the green...blew my 3 wood over the green, should have been a 3 hybrid at 204 yards. So, I've gone back to the L1 only satellites. It also added a couple of shots rather than not having enough, but I think it may have been because of the L5 addition. I'll see what happens next week.

Now now... I think you just want to brag about that 3W, don't you? 😄

Since L5 is still relatively new, not sure how much it contributes to GPS accuracy? I had couple of holes where it would place me in the bunker while I was still outside and vice versa... maybe I should give L1 only a shot, but so far, this seems to be same accuracy issue I had with the V1.

Someone asked about the clamp charger... I mentioned earlier my wife's Bushnell GPS watch also uses a similar clamp, I just found out they are not compatible, since the Bushnell 4 pins are spread farther apart than the V3.

  • Like 3

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Now now... I think you just want to brag about that 3W, don't you? 😄

Since L5 is still relatively new, not sure how much it contributes to GPS accuracy? I had couple of holes where it would place me in the bunker while I was still outside and vice versa... maybe I should give L1 only a shot, but so far, this seems to be same accuracy issue I had with the V1.

Someone asked about the clamp charger... I mentioned earlier my wife's Bushnell GPS watch also uses a similar clamp, I just found out they are not compatible, since the Bushnell 4 pins are spread farther apart than the V3.

@Kanoito I was asking about the charger, so i guess we will have to wait until Shotscope starts to sell the chargers online. I have noticed that with L1+L5 GPS the battery does not last as long so I will probably go back to L5 as even the shotscope site says L5 is still in infancy.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2020 at 6:43 PM, fozcycle said:

Have played 4 round# with new V3.....would have been 5 rounds but somehow when I charged it Tuesday I forgot to turn it off and it was drained Friday. Anyway, I averted the firmware issues because I had read about rebooting when it hung up....thanks all. The V3 takes less editing than the V2, but I have had to drop a couple “double shots” on my Wedges. Very accurate, much easier to read. Have been checking the gps with my range finder and it has been spot on. Battery life is 50% after the round so now I don’t have to turn it off after the round.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I just had the same problem with the V3 draining overnight.  I'm really surprised.  This was an issue with the V2 and they did a software upgrade so it would turn off after a few minutes if not plugged in AND not in play mode.  It's bizarre that the problem has resurfaced with the v3.  I expect a software upgrade to rectify that in the next few weeks.

 

I've also experienced ghost shots from practice swings, which was not an issue with the V2.

 

I'm glad I bought the v3 because of the enhanced battery life, smaller size and more comfortable band, but overall I have not seen an improvement in picking up shots or GPS location data.  This is very much an evolutionary product.  Nothing revolutionary here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I asked Shot Scope yesterday if the V3 bands are interchangeable. Yes! And they will be offered individually on their website. That matters to us ladies that like our stuff to match when we get dressed!

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a weird issue happen to me the other day where I played a full round, hit end round on the 18th green, then a few hours later went to sync to mobile and edit/finalize the round.  Somehow it just wasn't there, no history in the band, and the app will not pick up the new round.  I have a support conversation open with ShotScope so I will update here if there is a resolution, but I was curious if anyone else had that happen to them, and if so did you solve it.  They did tell me they can see the round played on my account, I guess it's just in purgatory or something.  

So far I've tried logging out/back in to the app and deleting and reinstalling the app to no avail.  Left it connected to the band via Bluetooth for about 10 mins, refreshing periodically, but it didn't pick it up.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I had a weird issue happen to me the other day where I played a full round, hit end round on the 18th green, then a few hours later went to sync to mobile and edit/finalize the round.  Somehow it just wasn't there, no history in the band, and the app will not pick up the new round.  I have a support conversation open with ShotScope so I will update here if there is a resolution, but I was curious if anyone else had that happen to them, and if so did you solve it.  They did tell me they can see the round played on my account, I guess it's just in purgatory or something.  

So far I've tried logging out/back in to the app and deleting and reinstalling the app to no avail.  Left it connected to the band via Bluetooth for about 10 mins, refreshing periodically, but it didn't pick it up.

Happened to me on the very first round, sent an email to shotscope and the round was in the app but set to a date in the future of 2021 which after 24hrs they changed and I could now see it so I'm sure they will do the same but they couldn't figure out why it did that as my second round was fine.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rob_B824 said:

Happened to me on the very first round, sent an email to shotscope and the round was in the app but set to a date in the future of 2021 which after 24hrs they changed and I could now see it so I'm sure they will do the same but they couldn't figure out why it did that as my second round was fine.

Hmm, interesting.  In my app 2020 is the only year I can select and the only year I have stats/rounds for, so maybe something similar happened.  Thanks for the insight, if they email me back without a solution I will mention that.

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Customer Service at Shot Scope is the best I've ever seen.  Over the last 3 years I've had a few problems and every time I got a response within 24 hours, often within 2 hours.  Every time they quickly solved my problem.  Actually happened again today.  Really impressive.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mowine4me said:

Customer Service at Shot Scope is the best I've ever seen.  Over the last 3 years I've had a few problems and every time I got a response within 24 hours, often within 2 hours.  Every time they quickly solved my problem.  Actually happened again today.  Really impressive.  

Agreed.  This first week with the V3 is the first time I've experienced any sort of issues, a few months ago with the V2 there was a course that had changed names so I sent it to them, within 12 hours they had it all changed in the database.  I'm confident we'll figure out what went wonky with my lost round, it's on my account somewhere, I just can't see it.

Edited by Fake Carl Spackler
  • Like 2

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

I asked Shot Scope yesterday if the V3 bands are interchangeable. Yes! And they will be offered individually on their website. That matters to us ladies that like our stuff to match when we get dressed!

 

I just want to be able to swap the orientation of the straps. Switch which side the buckle end is on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...