Our Sponsors

44 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Blog post dropped this morning....

https://mygolfspy.com/shotscope-v3-gps/

So I've used V3 for three rounds so far. Overall, functionality is very similar to V2 - the occasional missing shots (I hit one from under a tree that somehow didn't get picked up, another one from the woods did - go figure). Editing remains very easy, and I do like the Provisional/Penalty/Lost ball feature on the watch - makes the editing easier. A note - if you've never used a shot tracking system, there WILL be post round editing. It's not hard, but plan on it for every round.

As others have mentioned, the battery life is much improved - I have tried playing 36 in a day yet, but the battery level may drop to around 58-60% after a round. Haven't timed how long it takes to charge.

All that aside, the size of the thing is the big plus. If you compared it to V2, it's David Spade's Richard to Chris Farley's Tommy Boy.  I'm also excited for the prospects of G3 - it's basically the exact same watch, only without shot tracking capabilities. For under $200, it's going to be a winner for them. 

An insiders tip - if you are interested in either unit, I'd jump on it quick. I have a feeling they'll sell out by the end of the month. Just sayin....

Have I missed something, or does the pricing not match what the blog says?

Looks like $200 and $180. (Blog shows $180/$160)

Edit: ShotScope website is funky and showed two different prices. Found the $180 price.

• :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

Does anyone have any thoughts/comments on this vs. Garmin S62?

I have always used a handheld GPS (Garmin G30) and have recently tried playing with a watch (successful recently with new velcro band purchase that allows me to more fine tune where it sits on my wrist).  I am interested in thoughts on the comparison/contrast of these 2 devices (accuracy, mapping, etc etc).  Thanks in advance for any help!

Driver - TaylorMade M3, 9.5 deg, Stiff Tensei Blue 60

Fairways - Callaway Rogue, 3W and 5W, Stiff Project X EvenFlow 75

Hybrid - Cobra F7, 3-4H, Stiff Fujikura Pro 75H

Irons - Ping G, 5-UW, Stiff Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 105

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM6, 54M and 58M

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Yellow

9 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

I'm showing $180/$160 launch price offers here

scope.PNG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I'm showing $180/$160 launch price offers here

scope.PNG

That's the correct pricing.  Same pricing on Dicks Sporting News 

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* LST VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

I have never used Arccos so I can't make an experienced comparison with Shot Scope. But needing to have my phone in my pocket or anywhere on me is a deal breaker for Arccos. I imagine that is the same for most of the female golfer market.

A few of my golf skirts have a pocket but not always in the front. And the front pockets that I do have are much too small for a phone. I leave my phone in my bag. The ease of wearing the Shot Scope watch is all I need.

• Like 5

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

27 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Edit: ShotScope website is funky and showed two different prices. Found the $180 price.

Yeah - links have been a bit odd today. This one is correct:

https://shotscope.com/us/

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

7 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I have never used Arccos so I can't make an experienced comparison with Shot Scope. But needing to have my phone in my pocket or anywhere on me is a deal breaker for Arccos. I imagine that is the same for most of the female golfer market.

A few of my golf skirts have a pocket but not always in the front. And the front pockets that I do have are much too small for a phone. I leave my phone in my bag. The ease of wearing the Shot Scope watch is all I need.

The lack of pockets in typical female golf attire never occurred to me. That certainly makes Arccos a hard sell.

• Like 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

3 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

The lack of pockets in typical female golf attire never occurred to me. That certainly makes Arccos a hard sell.

Most women I know don't like pockets on any of their clothes, especially front pockets. And if they have front pockets, they will not use them.  We generally choose clothes with a slimmer fit than men and we certainly don't want to add extra bulges.

• Like 2

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

Posted (edited)

I've used both and at the end of the day, I'd use ShotScope's V2 before going back to Arcoss. I found their tag cumbersome, it was a power drag on my old Samsung S8 and other than telling me the wind speed (which shouldn't be used in a tournament) I found the ShotScope just as effective. Now with the new V3, it's only gotten better. Kudos to the Scott's!

image.jpeg.59f6c1b337cc0e4aa87378d23d4831e6.jpeg G400 Max, 8.5 Degree Driver  

image.jpeg.41fbbbc2200944c5b954a36f7876b924.jpeg G410 Plus, 15.5 Degree 3-Wood 

image.jpeg.0e9bc66aae15cd02f1313d1a2e1f6aeb.jpeg G410 Plus, 19.5 Degree 5-Wood 

image.jpeg.c34cd29b63964e8a9aea0f9a9395ca35.jpeg G410, 22 Degree 4-Hybrid 

image.jpeg.a13f6af8cee79763c1345ff4e66751e0.jpeg G410, 26 Degree 5-Hybrid 

image.jpeg.2b11b267bdd8f4671d774143300d13b1.jpeg I500, 6 Iron - U Wedge 

image.jpeg.faa4af2857c6ac253d5a9fb8ba633d4f.jpeg Glide 2.0 54 & 58 Degree Wedges 

image.jpeg.c4e47f914b1797ce0d60849040d6819c.jpeg Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Putter 

image.jpeg.82b8ab8482601f5e4a6b5e612b7f471a.jpeg AVX (because Ping doen’t make golf balls anymore) 

Edited by Rannalph
correction and equipment add
  • Like 2

image.jpeg.3e13f4b7fb259b0fc5777f80ec6c14a5.jpeg G400 Max, 8.5 Degree Driver  

image.jpeg.2fc3a75156ebe28dea28f7a49068e62a.jpeg G410 Plus, 15.5 Degree 3-Wood 

image.jpeg.dde21182baf67ade06be08783eeffde1.jpeg G410 Plus, 19.5 Degree 5-Wood 

image.jpeg.5469ab0e7da57a835b807ec53c4fb762.jpeg G410, 22 Degree 4-Hybrid 

image.jpeg.2c83393d5ea3518f3310a70d4904cc1e.jpeg G410, 26 Degree 5-Hybrid 

image.jpeg.6519ced3b2d13f78ed6134d6d0861ce7.jpeg I500, 6 Iron - U Wedge 

image.jpeg.001e69429ed0268d2e8d5bf9a79318fa.jpeg Glide 2.0 54 & 58 Degree Wedges 

image.jpeg.b981d22a201dd68a3426a6a20832838b.jpeg Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Putter 

image.jpeg.f9a84b69279935db6c5e2e3c0f415e50.jpeg AVX (because Ping doesn’t make golf balls anymore) 

My resistance is weak, my credit card is heated up.  I’m $180 bucks poorer 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

My resistance is weak, my credit card is heated up.  I’m $180 bucks poorer 😜

But your golf experience will be richer!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

But your golf experience will be richer!

Touché!

• Like 2

I’ve given up on the Arccos system, I always had too mean shots that didn’t tag or tagged from the wrong spot. The new V3 version of this interests me...I really wish they could integrate it with my Apple Watch

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

For those of you that have missing shots (mine was bad on Sunday - 10 missed shots) here is some suggestions straight from SS. Looks like it's the watch that needs to be woken up, not the tags. So, shake your wrist before you do your practice swings.

The following article will explain why your shots might be missed by the watch.

When the watch has failed to pick up shots it is normally due to one of the following reasons:

- All the tags have not been securely inserted into all the clubs.

- The user is not taking any practice swings. The Shot Scope watch goes to "sleep" in between shots, if a few practice swings are not taken before each shot then this can lead to missed shots as the watch hasn't "woken up" and misses the first swing/shot.

- Users are wearing the watch on the wrong wrist. Right handed golfers should wear the watch on their left wrist and left handed golfers on their right wrist. You also need to make sure that you have the watch set to the correct hand setting.  Click here to find out more information about how to wear the watch.

- Users wearing the watch too high on their wrist. If you wear the watch too high up the wrist then the watch and the tags can be too far apart to pick up shots. The closer to the bottom of the wrist the better.

- Users wearing metal or other devices on their wrist. Metal and other devices such as smartwatches or ION bracelets can be magnetic and prevent the technology in the watch from working.

- Users gripping down too much on the club. Holding the club down the grip can mean that the watch is too far away from the tag to record shots.

- Users wearing the watch with the face on the inside of their wrist. The watch has been designed to be worn with the screen facing the sky so this can cause the watch to miss shots.

If shots are being missed you can always add/edit your shots on your account.

• Like 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Posted (edited)

So, I had been watching the V2 and reading all your reviews for that product for a year, and held off because of the size.  With that issue resolved and the discussion that has been occurring here, I ordered the V3 on launch day.

I had been using Swing U for GPS and such prior and am curious what all the Shotscope users use to track your score during the round since that isn't built into the product.  Just curious what you all might pair your Shotscope with for score tracking.

I know the watch doesn't have an overhead view of the hole, that is probably something else I would miss from the app on a course that I don't play as often, so was wondering how you all complement the Shotscope for things like this.

Edited by Gilley7997
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gilley7997 said:

So, I had been watching the V2 and reading all your reviews for that product for a year, and held off because of the size.  With that issue resolved and the discussion that has been occurring here, I ordered the V3 on launch day.

I had been using Swing U for GPS and such prior and am curious what all the Shotscope users use to track your score during the round since that isn't built into the product.  Just curious what you all might pair your Shotscope with for score tracking.

I know the watch doesn't have an overhead view of the hole, that is probably something else I would miss from the app on a course that I don't play as often, so was wondering how you all complement the Shotscope for things like this.

I use GolfShot to keep score and cross check my post round edit.

Sometimes I just write on paper.

The overhead view during the round is not important to me, so I'm fine with it in the dashboard.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Still waiting on my February order but shipping now shows it may get here tomorrow ?  Been looking forward to this, couldn't get the V2 comfortable on my wrist as I never wore a watch golfing. Have been wearing a watch golfing to get used to it for a few months now, just hope I don't have issues.

• Like 2

Do you have to wear this on your wrist? Can you loop it to your belt or carry it in your pocket?

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G15/Fourteen GelongD Woods/Hybrids: Titleist 905 Irons: Titleist 716 T-MB Wedges: Vokey 50' 54' 58' Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select

8 minutes ago, Gunga_Galunga said:

Do you have to wear this on your wrist? Can you loop it to your belt or carry it in your pocket?

Yes. It has to be within 10cm or 4" of the tag.

3 hours ago, Gilley7997 said:

I use The Grint app as a companion for scoring and they have GPS with the overhead.

• Like 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Posted (edited)

I wear an Apple Watch and need a some help.  I’ve been searching everywhere and cannot find any videos or anyone talking about how well or how sucky the experience is with Arccos using their Apple Watch to track shots instead of their phone in the front pocket.

It feels like both Shotscope V3 & Arccos “miss” shots.  I already have an Apple Watch.  

Can someone convince me why I should buy Shotscope V3 (swap watches) over Arccos?  I am open to both systems and have used neither.  

Edited by jlarose