Our Sponsors

I don't wear a watch on the course but am interested in getting the V3.

Possibly a dumb question:  will attaching it to my push cart still allow the V3 to collect shot data from synced clubs or does it need to be closer to the sensor to work?  If it needs to be closer (on my wrist), then I may go with the G3 for just the GPS.

Thanks.

Tim

Driver:  Ping G410 Plus (10.5º; Stiff)

Fwy:  Ping G410 (3 and 5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Ping G410 (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.o Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

You need the watch within 10cm of the tag for detection.

Or as @artful_golfer mentioned, perhaps tapping the tag with the watch before each shot?

• Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I'm not sure tapping the tag with the band would work effectively, as far as I know the prolonged close proximity you get from holding/swinging the club is what triggers a shot read.  Might be a good question to pose to ShotScope directly.

In other news, there is a firmware update out today, I seem to be getting stuck at 99% sync to update it though, anyone else having issues?  I've tried closing/re-opening the app, might try turning the band off/on as well and try again.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tdc1 said:

I don't wear a watch on the course but am interested in getting the V3.

Possibly a dumb question:  will attaching it to my push cart still allow the V3 to collect shot data from synced clubs or does it need to be closer to the sensor to work?  If it needs to be closer (on my wrist), then I may go with the G3 for just the GPS.

Thanks.

Tim

But the stats with the V3 help me. Let me see that of the putts I missed, 68% were short. So I started working to remedy that.

I haven't worn a watch for over 30 years. I was concerned that it might bother me playing with it, but I adjusted quickly. Maybe because I really wanted it to work. And the convenience of being able to just look down at my wrist for information is great. I had a hand held Golf Buddy before and I was always looking for it.

• Like 4

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

1 hour ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I'm not sure tapping the tag with the band would work effectively, as far as I know the prolonged close proximity you get from holding/swinging the club is what triggers a shot read.  Might be a good question to pose to ShotScope directly.

In other news, there is a firmware update out today, I seem to be getting stuck at 99% sync to update it though, anyone else having issues?  I've tried closing/re-opening the app, might try turning the band off/on as well and try again.

I think the tap is just to wake up the sensor/tag... and you won't have to do the practice swings...

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 hours ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I did the firmware update this morning and had no issues. Interested to see what the differences are on the course this Sunday. 

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball : :callaway-small: Chromesoft Truvis / Taylormade TP5 Pix

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 20

4 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

I think the tap is just to wake up the sensor/tag... and you won't have to do the practice swings...

Exactly. What made me leap to the idea to experiment with tapping my watch to each club is because 1) @MattF posted the article about needing to "wake" the watch, 2) mine was not connecting for my SW shots, and 3) the tagging worked with my driver without the tag in the grip. It seemed to make sense. I also did the practice swings (even with my putter) only because that was part of Shot Scope instructions. It also seems to make sense that if you tap you might not need to do practice swings.

I already have an email trail open with Shot Scope Support about a replacement part for my V2. So I included info about this discussion in one of the emails. They respond quickly. I'll let you know what they say. 

• Like 6

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

17 hours ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

That's strange. Did you check to see if you had the newest revision app? I did mine yesterday, took about 5 minutes and worked well.

• Like 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, MattF said:

That's strange. Did you check to see if you had the newest revision app? I did mine yesterday, took about 5 minutes and worked well.

I will have to test it out during my next round, it would be cool to have the Shotscope on my pushcart and be able to wear my fitbit instead.  I was just basing my thought off of the instructions they have on how to use the tags.

Right now I'm still struggling to update the firmware, so we'll see if I can at least get that done today.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, golfish! said:

I did the firmware update this morning and had no issues. Interested to see what the differences are on the course this Sunday. 

Does anyone know where they post their firmware update change notes? Or are they noted in the app during the upgrade?  My V3 should arrive in the next 4 hours or so, curious about the changes and improvements they are making...I come from an IT world, so I'm used to seeing Change Logs. 

1 hour ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I will have to test it out during my next round, it would be cool to have the Shotscope on my pushcart and be able to wear my fitbit instead.  I was just basing my thought off of the instructions they have on how to use the tags.

Right now I'm still struggling to update the firmware, so we'll see if I can at least get that done today.

i had zero issues with the update. Make sure your Shot Scope app on your phone is connected to your watch before you start.

My guess it will work (with limits) on your push cart if you remember to tap each club tag before you use i,t even though that is not the way it is designed to work. The part of your cart where the watch is attached will need to be very close to you in order to get an accurate GPS location. Example, if you're in a bunker it can only record the location of your cart and maybe not at all without motion close to the watch. There is no way it will work for putting or pin collection data. If all you want is the GPS and no data collection it should provide that even without the tags. But automatically collecting stats while you play is the best part!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gilley7997 said:

Does anyone know where they post their firmware update change notes? Or are they noted in the app during the upgrade?  My V3 should arrive in the next 4 hours or so, curious about the changes and improvements they are making...I come from an IT world, so I'm used to seeing Change Logs. 

I got an email about the changes. I only saw the email after the update because I was syncing a round and it said that there was a firmware update.

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 20

4 minutes ago, golfish! said:

I got an email about the changes. I only saw the email after the update because I was syncing a round and it said that there was a firmware update.

Do they tell you in the e-mails what they are attempting to fix?

1 minute ago, Gilley7997 said:

Do they tell you in the e-mails what they are attempting to fix?

Not so much fix but what changes were part of the update, for example the button locks between shots so you don't accidentally skip to a different hole and some GPS tracking enhancements.

• Like 1

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 20

image.png.e83a08d18c8bb7c58291a38e3b1904d0.png

• Like 5

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 20

Posted (edited)

Finally got the firmware update to work, it kept freezing at 99%.  You guys bring up good points with the value of having the band on the wrist to track all shots, it's doable on the cart, but it would involve a lot of editing after the round.

Edited by Fake Carl Spackler
  • Like 2

Had no idea DHL was a thing in the United States haha. Got my shipping notification this morning. Says estimated delivery is Sunday but based on everyone’s DHL comments on here I’ll keep my fingers crossed for next weekend 

• Like 4

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

Well the V3 arrived yesterday, and I was able to run over and play 9 last night.  As you all had been helpful for me, I figured I would give my first impressions.

Set-up went straight through, only small hiccup was the original Bluetooth connection to my phone after entering the code, the app seemed to hang.  Closed the App restarted it, ran the procedure again had no issues.  Completed the firmware update with no hiccups.  Subscribed to all my local courses and had 8 course updates, which all loaded fine.  Installed the tags and to the course I went.  As other people had said the first time connecting to GPS was slow.  I was only using the L1 mode. I might change it to L1+L5 next time just to see.

The only problem with shot tracking, was the person taking shots.  🙂  The only shot it missed was a 7i little punch shot that happened to hit a tree and come to land about 6 yards from where the shot took place 😛  

Data was successfully recorded even when user error crept in.  At one point I walked across a green and it went into Pin Collect mode, even though I had a little chip left that I had bounced over the green.  Couldn't immediately figure out how to get out of Pin Collect mode (Found it later), and collected the pin standing about 10 yards off.  I moved the watch back to the hole I was on, completed the hole as normal and at the end of the hole stood over the Pin and went into the Menu and chose the Pin Collect option again and completed it.  Was expecting this to be a disaster when going back to review the round and was pleasantly surprised that the data was actual perfect.

All in all, device works as expected for me.  I was making sure not to necessarily tap the sensor to the watch band, but before taking any practice swings just flexing my wrist so that the tags would get relatively close to the band, then started the routine.

It fits well on the wrist. I didn't have a problem seeing the screen or anything on the course.  The button lock feature, is nice but I may turn it off if I don't have any problems with the buttons, as having to unlock the watch to be able to get to the Hazard view was a little annoying, but not overly so. All in all I am happy with what it did for me, and not having to fiddle with my phone to see GPS info for every shot was pretty nice.

• Like 7

When I first got the V2 I just couldn't wear it.  It was uncomfortable, it would dig into my wrist and just was a no go for me.  As a result I never did any shot tracking and got rid of it.  When I got the email about V3 I decided to give it another go, as I was really was wanting to get the data and my main issue was the size and bulk, which was addressed.  I never wore a watch when golfing so I started to wear my watch more and more until I got used to it while I waited for the V3, which was several months. Got the new V3 and doesn't bother me nearly as much as I have been wearing a regular watch.  I weighed my watch and it's 100g and the V3 is 40g

• Like 3