19 hours ago, Kanoito said:

https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-shotscope-leaderboards/

Should still be working. Code MYGSPY

I just joined it. Let's see where i stand...

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 600 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : Currently Testing motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today - from an appearance standpoint, they killed it. It's WAY smaller and WAY lighter than V2, and the charger has been completely redesigned for the better.  And not that it matte

Hmmm, where to start?   First things first, it automatically registers your stats as you play - you don't have to do much of anything. It knows what club you hit and where you hit it from. For ex

The size of the watch always turned me off from shotscope.  The size of v3 could change everything 

Posted Images

On 7/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, jlarose said:

So what’s the point of this technology versus using an app to track your stats?  Does it give you accurate carry distance?  I’m not seeing the benefit of the technology over let’s say TheGrint App or GolfShot App.  I really want to buy one just not sure why I should.  Any thoughts?  Can anyone convince me to buy one over the other?  Thanks in advance.

I know I already replied to this a few pages back, but today is another example of why I feel something like SS or Arccos is better than the "free" apps like Grint and Golfshot.

My round today consisted of 14 putts, which is pretty decent at a glance. How I got to 14 is another story. I had 6 1-putts, 2 3-jacks, and a standard 2-putt par. Previously I would've said damn I suck at putting because I had 2 3-jacks, but what you don't see in The Grint or Golfshot is that they were from like 40' -- which still indicates I'm not the greatest lag putter, but it's more of a concern that I'm not able to get the ball closer to the hole on approaches. That is where I find value in these apps over the free ones, especially once Shotscope starts doing strokes gained. I can see what actually cost me, where I saved, etc.

• Like 4

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

I know I already replied to this a few pages back, but today is another example of why I feel something like SS or Arccos is better than the "free" apps like Grint and Golfshot.

My round today consisted of 14 putts, which is pretty decent at a glance. How I got to 14 is another story. I had 6 1-putts, 2 3-jacks, and a standard 2-putt par. Previously I would've said damn I suck at putting because I had 2 3-jacks, but what you don't see in The Grint or Golfshot is that they were from like 40' -- which still indicates I'm not the greatest lag putter, but it's more of a concern that I'm not able to get the ball closer to the hole on approaches. That is where I find value in these apps over the free ones, especially once Shotscope starts doing strokes gained. I can see what actually cost me, where I saved, etc.

Great point! There are times I feel like it was a bad putting day, but Arccos putting handicap will tell me otherwise. When I review I will see things like I had a lot of long putts where a 2-putt is an accomplishment and the overall stats would suggest expecting a 2-putt may be unrealistic.

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

I unboxed, setup and played my first 9 holes with the V3 (GPS + Track mode) yesterday evening. I agree with the improvement sentiments from the perspective of comfort and reduced size. That’s the end of my compliments thus far.

Prior to editing virtually every data point, ShotScope had me at 7 holes (24 total).

I was very careful about maintaining proximity gaps between the band and club tags anytime I wasn’t standing over my ball. Maybe I was too careful? Because the band not only missed all kinds of shots, it also incorrectly assigned clubs in numerous cases. Sometimes my pin collect coordinates were dead on, others the hole location was off by 10+ yards.

The issues today were unlike any I experienced with prior iterations. I was using strictly L1 gps signal, so hopefully toggling over to L1 + L5 tomorrow morning will improve location accuracy. But I cannot wrap my head around all the missing approach shots.

Maybe dialing up the connection settings will improve the tagging errors. If things don’t improve dramatically, I’ll probably be requesting a return label.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Anyone else have a crazy long shot show up in their stats ?  I have a 425 yd 3W shot in my stats but can't find it.  I did msg support but I think they are very busy with the new rollout.  Other than that my V3 is pretty spot on.

1 hour ago, JY56 said:

Anyone else have a crazy long shot show up in their stats ?  I have a 425 yd 3W shot in my stats but can't find it.  I did msg support but I think they are very busy with the new rollout.  Other than that my V3 is pretty spot on.

Sounds like a missed approach? Mine is finally arriving today according to USPS informed delivery!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, downlowkey said:

I unboxed, setup and played my first 9 holes with the V3 (GPS + Track mode) yesterday evening. I agree with the improvement sentiments from the perspective of comfort and reduced size. That’s the end of my compliments thus far.

Prior to editing virtually every data point, ShotScope had me at 7 holes (24 total).

I was very careful about maintaining proximity gaps between the band and club tags anytime I wasn’t standing over my ball. Maybe I was too careful? Because the band not only missed all kinds of shots, it also incorrectly assigned clubs in numerous cases. Sometimes my pin collect coordinates were dead on, others the hole location was off by 10+ yards.

The issues today were unlike any I experienced with prior iterations. I was using strictly L1 gps signal, so hopefully toggling over to L1 + L5 tomorrow morning will improve location accuracy. But I cannot wrap my head around all the missing approach shots.

Maybe dialing up the connection settings will improve the tagging errors. If things don’t improve dramatically, I’ll probably be requesting a return label.

I have left mine on L1 since I got it. I have 6 rounds with it so far and the only shots missed have been when I forgot to mark putts etc and it thought I was on another hole (once)  Other than that I missed and mis-entered a couple of penalties but edited afterwards. It hasn't missed a single approach and my practice swings are a bit hit and miss, I am trying to get more consistent with a practice swing as I'm sure it can only help and is probably a good habit for me to boot.  There is definitely a need to edit after uploading to check shot positions etc (I notice just on/just off the green and right at the edges of fairways etc the gps doesn't always catch correctly) but really the only area I am seeing it is weak is in putting.  I have used Auto and Manual and find it does not seem to get the locations/length of putts.  It could be due to the fact I put lead hand low ? I am trying to be more aware of this issue but find the rest pretty accurate.  One other issue I have had is uploading the round has hung up twice and I had to msg support and get them to upload from their server, which makes it hard to recall all my shots later from memory (I'm in my 60's).  I'm sure there will be a couple of tweaks to the firmware going forward.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, JY56 said:

I have left mine on L1 since I got it. I have 6 rounds with it so far and the only shots missed have been when I forgot to mark putts etc and it thought I was on another hole (once)  Other than that I missed and mis-entered a couple of penalties but edited afterwards. It hasn't missed a single approach and my practice swings are a bit hit and miss, I am trying to get more consistent with a practice swing as I'm sure it can only help and is probably a good habit for me to boot.  There is definitely a need to edit after uploading to check shot positions etc (I notice just on/just off the green and right at the edges of fairways etc the gps doesn't always catch correctly) but really the only area I am seeing it is weak is in putting.  I have used Auto and Manual and find it does not seem to get the locations/length of putts.  It could be due to the fact I put lead hand low ? I am trying to be more aware of this issue but find the rest pretty accurate.  One other issue I have had is uploading the round has hung up twice and I had to msg support and get them to upload from their server, which makes it hard to recall all my shots later from memory (I'm in my 60's).  I'm sure there will be a couple of tweaks to the firmware going forward.

I'll be interested to hear about the effect on battery switching to L1 + L5 if anyone does try it. Also, I'm 34 and don't think I can remember every hole from memory by the time I get back in my car, lol.

Got my watch firmware updated and configured my bag on the site, excited to try it out on Sunday.

Swinging with the watch on is definitely going to get some getting used to, but I'm glad it doesn't look like a CRT monitor on my wrist!

• Like 4

Finally heard back from ShotScope on my lost rounds, after a week. As always, they were able to load my rounds to my account without issue, even if it did take considerably longer than usual.

On another note, regarding missed putts, I highly recommend manual putt mode. I have a counterbalanced putter and tend to grip down so I always had trouble with it reading putts. Manual mode is simple, push a button after each putt and then record pin location. Rarely do I have to adjust putts, usually just moving a foot or two here and there to get the green/fairway/rough correct when close to the fringe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LeftyRM7 said:

Finally heard back from ShotScope on my lost rounds, after a week. As always, they were able to load my rounds to my account without issue, even if it did take considerably longer than usual.

On another note, regarding missed putts, I highly recommend manual putt mode. I have a counterbalanced putter and tend to grip down so I always had trouble with it reading putts. Manual mode is simple, push a button after each putt and then record pin location. Rarely do I have to adjust putts, usually just moving a foot or two here and there to get the green/fairway/rough correct when close to the fringe.

Does it capture the putt lengths doing it that way ?  I tried manual but didn't realize I had to press a button for each putt  and I just hit the add button for the # and marked pin once it was holed.  Maybe I need to try manual again.  I putt lead hand low and don't think that helps.  putting stats are the only thing I see that are inaccurate as they all seem to be 2 feet.

• Like 1
Does it capture the putt lengths doing it that way ?  I tried manual but didn't realize I had to press a button for each putt  and I just hit the add button for the # and marked pin once it was holed.  Maybe I need to try manual again.  I putt lead hand low and don't think that helps.  putting stats are the only thing I see that are inaccurate as they all seem to be 2 feet.

Yea if it doesn’t detect your putt it defaults to 2 foot putts. To do it manually, you have to go into settings and set putting to manual mode. Then you just have to press the button over each putt and record the pin location. Most accurate way by far, it literally just records your location each time you push the button. The only thing I’ve had to edit is a few greens seem to be slightly off on the mapping where I need to move everything over one direction.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, yungkory said:

I'll be interested to hear about the effect on battery switching to L1 + L5 if anyone does try it. Also, I'm 34 and don't think I can remember every hole from memory by the time I get back in my car, lol.

Got my watch firmware updated and configured my bag on the site, excited to try it out on Sunday.

Swinging with the watch on is definitely going to get some getting used to, but I'm glad it doesn't look like a CRT monitor on my wrist!

@yungkory I tried the L1+L5 mode early on and noticed it definitely drains the battery much faster than just L1. From what I understand the L5 satellites just don't have enough coverage yet to be beneficial to us.

• Like 2

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 600 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : Currently Testing motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

2 hours ago, golfish! said:

@yungkory I tried the L1+L5 mode early on and noticed it definitely drains the battery much faster than just L1. From what I understand the L5 satellites just don't have enough coverage yet to be beneficial to us.

Thanks for the feedback! Pretty cool that it has L5 compatibility built in already, even though there aren't as many L5 satellites in use. Almost use the future-proof word, but I know I'll probably want a v4 no matter what

• Like 3

First round in the books with v3. I won't talk about how I played because it was garbage, but I had to edit about 6 holes, and a majority of the pins were off. Some of them were absolutely perfect which has me hopeful, but scared at the same time because some were really off.

Are you guys keeping score on a scorecard in addition to using SS, or are you trusting it fully? It had me 3 strokes better than I actually played...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

First round in the books with v3. I won't talk about how I played because it was garbage, but I had to edit about 6 holes, and a majority of the pins were off. Some of them were absolutely perfect which has me hopeful, but scared at the same time because some were really off.

Are you guys keeping score on a scorecard in addition to using SS, or are you trusting it fully? It had me 3 strokes better than I actually played...

Yeah, keep score on Golfshot or paper to cross check after the round. Once I see the score, I can review each shot in my head, but it's definitely safer to do that.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

I run The Grint scorecard as a check. I always have to do some editing because it's dropping a couple of shots a round.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 minutes ago, MattF said:

I run The Grint scorecard as a check. I always have to do some editing because it's dropping a couple of shots a round.

Speaking of TheGrint golf app ... has anyone paired it with their Apple Watch? How is it? 

The 🙌🏼 ... GO CANES!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19*

Irons: post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS2 (5i-6i); TS1 (7i-GW)

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

Why did I have to come across this thread? Now I want one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

4 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Speaking of TheGrint golf app ... has anyone paired it with their Apple Watch? How is it? 

NFI, we're a fruit free family in my house...

• Haha 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!