Our Sponsors

18 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I cut the stem off of mine and then put velcro on both the tag and on the grip. I put a hole in the velcro on the grip side so that the counterweight is still adjustable.

I did velcro too but wasn't happy with it as it made it noticeably higher, so went back to the same with tape.  Barely notice it. The only issue I have is it won't read left hand low and I did try it taped to the front of the grip but support says it has to be on top to work.  I think I'll probably go back to manual and in that case I probably don't even need a tag ?

• Like 2
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today - from an appearance standpoint, they killed it. It's WAY smaller and WAY lighter than V2, and the charger has been completely redesigned for the better.  And not that it matte

Hmmm, where to start?   First things first, it automatically registers your stats as you play - you don't have to do much of anything. It knows what club you hit and where you hit it from. For ex

The size of the watch always turned me off from shotscope.  The size of v3 could change everything 

Posted Images

I ran into my first issue with the SSV3 today.

I had the opportunity to play Inverness GC in south Denver yesterday.  Inverness is a semi-private resort course, either you have a membership or you are staying at Hilton as a guest.  The generosity of a friend of a friend allowed me to play.  Thanks Randy if you’re out there!

The watch picked up what course was being played and worked well during the round, no problems there. When I sat down to edit the round though the course could not be found.  Yeah, I could play the course but not edit afterwards.

I have an email into support asking for help.  Fingers crossed that they know what might be happening.

Edit: the acknowledgment from SS states it take a week before I see a response, they are busy!

Edited by toehold57
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Does anyone know how to remove an entire hole from your round? For some reason SS thinks I played the 18th hole hitting driver from 63y and then 2 putting for eagle...

Edit: nevermind, after deleting the shots it removed the hole from counting towards my total. Very strange, it counted me as getting a 0 which made my overall round -2 but all is well now. Still have to do way too much editing. Forgot to try L1+L5 today.

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

So I used the Shotscope V3 for the first time and everything was all good until hole 9. I entered my putting strokes using Pin Collect on 9. When I was walking over to 10, there was an option to "Play Back 9" or "End Round". I am pretty sure I hit the upper right button for the check mark when it was on "Play Back 9" and it either ended my round or went back to Hole 1. I couldn't for the life of me get to hole 10 and gave up. Ended up with no GPS or tracking from 10 onwards. What did I do wrong?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

So I used the Shotscope V3 for the first time and everything was all good until hole 9. I entered my putting strokes using Pin Collect on 9. When I was walking over to 10, there was an option to "Play Back 9" or "End Round". I am pretty sure I hit the upper right button for the check mark when it was on "Play Back 9" and it either ended my round or went back to Hole 1. I couldn't for the life of me get to hole 10 and gave up. Ended up with no GPS or tracking from 10 onwards. What did I do wrong?

Strange, I've never seen that option to continue or end, it always just keeps going for me. Except when I played split tees and started off 10, then it just asked me to end my round.

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

18 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Strange, I've never seen that option to continue or end, it always just keeps going for me. Except when I played split tees and started off 10, then it just asked me to end my round.

When you play a round, does it allow you to manually toggle between all 18 holes? I could manually toggle only between 1 through 9.

• Like 1

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

When you play a round, does it allow you to manually toggle between all 18 holes? I could manually toggle only between 1 through 9.

Yeah, but it's not that "smart"

It knew I started on 10 last week but instead of asking me if I was going to resume from hole 1, it just asked if I wanted to end my round. I think if I wanted to continue, I would've had to press "back" a bunch of times to go back to hole 1.

Does any one know what to do if a course is using a temporary green. I haven’t played yet but know there is a temporary green in use at a course I will play over the weekend. Is it best to just switch to pin collect when I am on the temporary green and SS will record this as where the pin was?

7 minutes ago, EHump said:

Does any one know what to do if a course is using a temporary green. I haven’t played yet but know there is a temporary green in use at a course I will play over the weekend. Is it best to just switch to pin collect when I am on the temporary green and SS will record this as where the pin was?

That would be my guess!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EHump said:

Probably, and since SS is based on Google Earth aerial views, the temp green is probably not mapped either. I think it would be too much of a hassle to ask SS to map the temp green and then back to the official one.

• Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

Yeah, but it's not that "smart"

It knew I started on 10 last week but instead of asking me if I was going to resume from hole 1, it just asked if I wanted to end my round. I think if I wanted to continue, I would've had to press "back" a bunch of times to go back to hole 1.

I have a feeling that my course may only have 9 of the 18 holes mapped. There was no way for me to manually toggle through holes 10 to 18. I logged a ticket.

• Like 1

Updated 10/6/2020

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I have a feeling that my course may only have 9 of the 18 holes mapped. There was no way for me to manually toggle through holes 10 to 18. I logged a ticket.

When that's happened to me I end the round and then just keep playing. It has automatically goes to #1 when I do and then added the front 9 onto my round so when I later upload it shows a full 18 holes.

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

12 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

When that's happened to me I end the round and then just keep playing. It has automatically goes to #1 when I do and then added the front 9 onto my round so when I later upload it shows a full 18 holes.

My problem was that after hole 9, I couldn't get it to go to hole 10. It wanted to go back to 1 and I could only manually toggle to 1 through 9. So I couldn't use the watch for 10 to 18.

I am the worst estimator of yardage, so I feel lost without a GPS watch on the course. So I had to use my rangefinder to laser all my approach shots for the remainder of the round.

Updated 10/6/2020

7 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

My problem was that after hole 9, I couldn't get it to go to hole 10. It wanted to go back to 1 and I could only manually toggle to 1 through 9. So I couldn't use the watch for 10 to 18.

I am the worst estimator of yardage, so I feel lost without a GPS watch on the course. So I had to use my rangefinder to laser all my approach shots for the remainder of the round.

Seems like if you could end the round and then start another one that starts on 10.

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

4 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Seems like if you could end the round and then start another one that starts on 10.

That is what i thought as well. Tried that and it kept restarting at 1. Frustratingly kept trying different options during the first few holes of the back 9, but it just wouldn't switch over nor could i manually toggle to 10, 11, etc. 

• Sad 2

Updated 10/6/2020

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

That is what i thought as well. Tried that and it kept restarting at 1. Frustratingly kept trying different options during the first few holes of the back 9, but it just wouldn't switch over nor could i manually toggle to 10, 11, etc. 

When you edit the round after, does it show holes 10-18?

Just now, yungkory said:

When you edit the round after, does it show holes 10-18?

No, this is what i see

image.png.1bb8479384eecf08a3d7215fb9bc0ec0.png

Updated 10/6/2020

Just now, dlow206 said:

No, this is what i see

image.png.1bb8479384eecf08a3d7215fb9bc0ec0.png

Yeah they definitely don't have your course mapped, you should at least see the back 9 on there:

2161E695-701A-40D3-8BA4-291E0B402DFD.png.b88274a08a9fd4e00c5ceac0f76b87aa.png

5 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Yeah they definitely don't have your course mapped, you should at least see the back 9 on there:

2161E695-701A-40D3-8BA4-291E0B402DFD.png.b88274a08a9fd4e00c5ceac0f76b87aa.png

I just looked in the app and found where I could edit. Here is hole 9 vs. 10. Hole 10 shows a black screen.

IMG_7113.PNG.159813876a4f2b0d169796c19c7b0fb7.PNG

IMG_7114.PNG.e242b77a950c27960d380e07d46ab930.PNG

• Sad 2

Updated 10/6/2020

So...forgive me for maybe not understanding.  I don't officially have a handicap card, but I have been keeping track of my scores in the Grint, which is always suggesting the course handicap based off the history of the rounds I have entered.

What I am unclear of is what handicap are you to Enter into the shotscope when recording rounds.  If you enter the course calculated handicap based on your index, it records that as your new handicap in your over all account profile as well...trying to figure out how to reconcile this....

And also what handicap are you supposed to enter if you only play 9 holes?  I'm just trying to reconcile the 2 apps and trying figure out what is correct, is the shotscope information just not accounting for the new Handicapping methods?  I was just looking through the course history and was like...my NET shouldn't have been that, because I think it expects you to enter your full 18 hole handicap even if you only played 9??

Anyone played around with this? Or understand how it's supposed to work.  Did a couple searches and couldn't find any definite answers.