Our Sponsors

On 9/6/2020 at 7:20 AM, LeftyRM7 said:

I’ve been following his thread on and off, as a V2 user wondering if the upgrade is worth it. I feel like I’m leaning more towards Arccos than V3. Seems to be no real upgrades other than watch size compared to V2. After being very happy with V2 for over a year, with minimal issues, I’ve had regular issues ever since the release of V3. Missed shots, missed holes, lost rounds, and tech support went from excellent to almost nonexistent. Hopefully they get caught up and make improvements, and finally add strokes gained. Otherwise they will be losing a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely more improvements than just watch size. Battery life last 2 rounds no problem. Cant  say much for accuracy of GPS but no real issues with the V2 either.

• Like 1

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today - from an appearance standpoint, they killed it. It's WAY smaller and WAY lighter than V2, and the charger has been completely redesigned for the better.  And not that it matte

Hmmm, where to start?   First things first, it automatically registers your stats as you play - you don't have to do much of anything. It knows what club you hit and where you hit it from. For ex

The size of the watch always turned me off from shotscope.  The size of v3 could change everything 

Posted Images

Need some help badly.  Was doing a firmware update on my Shotscope V3 using my iPhone App.   After some time the watch screen had returned to normal and I assumed that the update was complete so I switched the watch off.   However, on checking the iPhone I realised that the firmware update was only 98% complete.  Switching the watch back on gives me only V3 on the screen and nothing works.  Any idea how to recover it.  Do realise I was an idiot switching it off.

Press and hold the power button for at least 20 seconds, that should do a reset on it.

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Here is what I received from their support team and it fixed my watch:

Andy (Shot Scope Support)

Sep 28, 2020, 17:04 GMT+1

Hi Robert,

I'm really sorry but there was an error with the firmware file that was uploaded to the app. This has been corrected now but we need to first revert the firmware on your watch to the original firmware so we can then get you to go back and update the watch to the correct recently released firmware. Below are the steps we need you take:

Step 1 - Revert the firmware on the watch.

- Make sure the watch is turned off
- With the screen off, hold down the bottom left and right buttons
- Whilst still holding down those buttons, press the top left button once and then release. A V3 logo should appear on the screen. If this does not appear then start from the beginning.
- Continue to hold down these two bottom buttons for 40 seconds. This should reset the firmware
- After this is done, connect the watch to the mobile app and update the firmware/go through on boarding. It is very important to do this straight after the reset so this can fix the issue.

Its not the easiest process by design so you may need a few attempts at this but it does work. Thanks for your patience.

Step 2 - Connect the watch to the app and update the firmware

If you are unsure on how to do this or need a reminder there is instructions here - https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005830629-How-do-you-update-the-watch-s-firmware-

Your watch should now be working and have the most recent firmware update. Again we would like to apologise and thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Like 3

My bag is a revolving door!

Definitely excited to see the distance of last shot feature. Will have to see how this works on Friday at my next round.

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Any one else have issues with shots not getting picked up? Was great my first 15 rounds but now past 5 rounds-10 or more shots are being missed.
Not sure if this is a hardware issue with the tags or the watch...

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

I have that issue on and off. It'll be good, then drop a shot or 5 shots. I don't know if the problem lays with the watch or the tags, but I'm sticking with it.

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I wish the V3 allowed u to confirm your score after each hole like my Garmin does. That way, when editing a round, u would know exactly which holes need editing, rather than trying to remember every single hole after the fact.  And I'd know I shot a 75 rather than the 65 it tells me. I suppose I could keep a written card too, but that defeats half the purpose of owning a GPS watch.

7 hours ago, STG said:

I suppose I could keep a written card too, but that defeats half the purpose of owning a GPS watch.

I hear you, that's why I keep my score on The Grint app at the same time, as a double check.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: 

On 10/3/2020 at 4:54 AM, MattF said:

I hear you, that's why I keep my score on The Grint app at the same time, as a double check.

Same here. I use the Grint in conjunction with SS. Grint is for hdcp anyway.

• Like 1

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Oh sorry, didn't see this reply!
I have owned both Arccos and Shotscope, yes. I sold Arccos because I didn't like having to be on my phone so often during my round. I'm selling this because I don't like wearing a watch. I thought I could get over it, but it's just not my "thing"
Thanks for the free bump!

Just returned my SS because of some functionality issues and went back to arccos. Gonna be happy once I get the Link so I’m only wearing a clip and can check that it’s working at any time!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero (8.5* HZRDUS Smoke Shaft)

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 5-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR or a :srixon-small: Z-Star

Tracked by: :Arccos: