Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

30 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

Re: crazy putting data - during my V1 review I was getting some wildly inaccurate reports and reached out to ShotScope HQ for guidance. In the process, I learned exactly how their tagging system works and was able drastically improve all my data returns with a simple procedural change.

The wrist unit interacts with the various club tags via Bluetooth. When the butt of any tagged club is within ~15 cm of the wrist unit, it generates a GPS coordinate and notes the specific tag. Sounds simple enough, but it means that users can easily confuse the hell of the system if they are prone to wandering around the green with their putter in the same hand as the wrist unit.

For example: Following a nice pitch, you are leaning on your putter for a couple minutes on the edge of the green, waiting for your turn to play. Your turn comes and you quickly brush in a 4-footer and then perform a 1-putt pin collect. Shot Scope compensation algorithms start humming on their Scotland servers and spit out the most probable data. What the system across the pond read: player “probably” holed a long putt from the edge of the green and then manually collected actual hole location.

Essentially: GPS coordinate + Bluetooth tag + time stamp = data point. And: longer time stamp = greater likelihood of shot location.

Simple solution: _ALWAYS_ carry clubs in hand opposite the wrist unit until you are standing next to your ball.

Or if you go ball hunting in the brush here in Southern California and you start swinging your 4 iron to scare the snakes away you get random tags in the deep rough! I just take my watch off if i need to do that or if the pace of play is slow and i want to practice some chipping on the green of the hole i just finished. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today - from an appearance standpoint, they killed it. It's WAY smaller and WAY lighter than V2, and the charger has been completely redesigned for the better.  And not that it matte

Hmmm, where to start?   First things first, it automatically registers your stats as you play - you don't have to do much of anything. It knows what club you hit and where you hit it from. For ex

The size of the watch always turned me off from shotscope.  The size of v3 could change everything 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, downlowkey said:

Re: crazy putting data - during my V1 review I was getting some wildly inaccurate reports and reached out to ShotScope HQ for guidance. In the process, I learned exactly how their tagging system works and was able drastically improve all my data returns with a simple procedural change.

The wrist unit interacts with the various club tags via Bluetooth. When the butt of any tagged club is within ~15 cm of the wrist unit, it generates a GPS coordinate and notes the specific tag. Sounds simple enough, but it means that users can easily confuse the hell of the system if they are prone to wandering around the green with their putter in the same hand as the wrist unit.

For example: Following a nice pitch, you are leaning on your putter for a couple minutes on the edge of the green, waiting for your turn to play. Your turn comes and you quickly brush in a 4-footer and then perform a 1-putt pin collect. Shot Scope compensation algorithms start humming on their Scotland servers and spit out the most probable data. What the system across the pond read: player “probably” holed a long putt from the edge of the green and then manually collected actual hole location.

Essentially: GPS coordinate + Bluetooth tag + time stamp = data point. And: longer time stamp = greater likelihood of shot location.

Simple solution: _ALWAYS_ carry clubs in hand opposite the wrist unit until you are standing next to your ball.

It's true. I had this problem when I first used my V2. But after @downlowkey explained the above, I changed to carrying all of my clubs in my hand opposite the watch  - Voila! no more problems.

  • Like 4

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Link to post
Share on other sites

It took a few rounds to get accustom to the V2 (I don't wear or even own a regular watch), but I've learned to like it and like the info it gives me. Me V3 arrived last night so now I fully expect to enjoy it also.

  • Like 3

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

It took a few rounds to get accustom to the V2 (I don't wear or even own a regular watch), but I've learned to like it and like the info it gives me. Me V3 arrived last night so now I fully expect to enjoy it also.

same i dont wear a watch because i work in manufacturing so GMP/OSHA rules. I only wear a watch to golf.

  • Like 2

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered mine mid last week and I just received it today.  Live in FL.  I will be putting up a mini review first impressions soon.

 

The firmware update is taking forever to update right now though.. so I still can't even play with it.

 

  • Like 3

M2 Driver

M6 (6-PW)

CBX2 PW, AW, SW, LW

 

Ryan G

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RyanGphoto said:

Ordered mine mid last week and I just received it today.  Live in FL.  I will be putting up a mini review first impressions soon.

 

The firmware update is taking forever to update right now though.. so I still can't even play with it.

 

I ordered mine in February, still don't have it! Ha. 

  • Sad 2

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I ordered mine in February, still don't have it! Ha. 

You will. February is when I ordered mine. Check with the tracking they sent you and you'll know for sure what day it will arrive.

 

  • Like 1

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, artful_golfer said:

You will. February is when I ordered mine. Check with the tracking they sent you and you'll know for sure what day it will arrive.

 

And it just got dropped off... 😅

  • Like 4

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my V3 yesterday.  Played with it today.  I have used the V2 for years and have loved it.  Keeps all kinds of useful stats.  It is accurate and not intrusive to your round.  The V2 was a little on the large side but it never bothered me at all.  I have to say that the V3 setup was a little buggy.  It had a firmware update that takes about 15 minutes and it would get to 99% and just stop there.  I finally figured out I had to turn off the phone and the watch and restart it.  Finally got it to completely finish about 15 minutes before I teed off today.  Worked on it several times yesterday but never got to completion.  Because I ran out of time this morning I just used my V2 tags in the clubs.   That really didn't work too well.  Although it picked up most of the shots, it didn't register the correct club about 25% of the time.   I will be changing out the tags and re-registering the clubs before I play tomorrow.   The GPS worked well and I had about 50% battery left after 18 holes.  Of course some of the drain was undoubtedly my trying to update several times as I'm going to the course.  I will update this post after tomorrows round with the true performance.

 

OK replaced the tags and used for the first time with the new tags.  Worked much better.  Did not seem to capture my 3-wood very well.  Missed three of five shots with it.  Mostly off the tee.  Missed an eight iron shot.  Captured all putts and most shots recorded accurately. Some minor corrections as is always the case. (things like I was in the trap but it had me slightly outside the trap).  The main issue was syncing it after the round.  I just couldn't get it to register the new round and have it appear on the dashboard.  After much fiddling and frustration I finally realized that I had my V2 nearby and even though it indicated it was connecting to the V3, the V2 was interfering.   I was even entering the code from the V3 but it still connected to the V2.  Obviously a bug.  Once I turned the V2 off, problem solved. Of course I wasted 15 minutes and a few swear words trying to figure out what the issue was.  I think now that all the software issues have been settled, I can begin to enjoy it like I did the V2.  I really do love this device but if I had been a first time user and experienced all I did getting it up and running, I may not have been very enthused about the product. 

Edited by Golfhandds
update
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, golfish! said:

Or if you go ball hunting in the brush here in Southern California and you start swinging your 4 iron to scare the snakes away you get random tags in the deep rough! I just take my watch off if i need to do that or if the pace of play is slow and i want to practice some chipping on the green of the hole i just finished. 

That happened to me a little bit this morning. My ball was hiding in a large swampy, tall grass, leaky sprinkler, ground under repair area in the fairway. Your comment sent me to check. Oddly of the 15 -20 times I hit my club on the ground trying to find my ball, it only picked up one of those showing I hit it 21 yards. I think the 21 yards was how far I drove my cart to park in the shade under a tree before walking up to the green.

  • Like 3

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, golfish! said:

Or if you go ball hunting in the brush here in Southern California and you start swinging your 4 iron to scare the snakes away you get random tags in the deep rough! I just take my watch off if i need to do that or if the pace of play is slow and i want to practice some chipping on the green of the hole i just finished. 

The club tag must be within 16cm or so of the watch to register a swing.   You wear it on your left wrist if you are a right handed golfer.   Simple swinging a club in the right hand only will not register a swing.  This is true for putting too so you can knock back a gimme to a player without causing it to register a stroke.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RyanGphoto said:

How do you input anything other than increments of 1ft each?  I can't get it as specific as I want.   I leave a LOT of putts under 1ft all the time (hey I just started playing give me a break!)... and there is no way to do anything other than a minimum of 1ft left for the next putt.  Once in a blue moon I can move the putt to 0 feet, but that's near impossible when actually trying..

If anyone knows a better way I would love to hear it.. Because I wonder how many putts I actually leave less than 1 ft away in all directions so I know my tendencies.   

 

I would use manual mode for marking putts. And as with all GPS systems, I think its best to hover around your ball for 5 seconds or so then mark the putt. Definitely go to manual mode though, this virtually eliminates any post round greens play editing.  

  • Like 2

Krank Formula X LAGP Ozik Black Tie 70X 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 330d said:

Ye, tried everything you can think of, it just won't connect to my phone ( p30 Pro) ye it's fine with the Mrs phone ( s9) 

 

Went back to the v2 just to make sure wasn't Bluetooth or anything and that's fine still. 

I can get the phone to pair with the watch just not the app, I've emailed them will see what they come back with 

You have to update your app in order to have V3 connect. Its an absolute must.  

  • Like 3

Krank Formula X LAGP Ozik Black Tie 70X 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I ordered mine in February, still don't have it! Ha. 

Ditto. But I did get another email today that said they have finished processing my order and it's on it's way, hopefully for real this time although I didn't get any tracking information.  I sure hope it gets here before the July release, they took my money first week of February and it's a little frustrating seeing all these posts from people who just ordered and have received them already.  I should be very familiar with it by the time it arrives, after watching all the online reviews etc

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JY56 said:

Ditto. But I did get another email today that said they have finished processing my order and it's on it's way, hopefully for real this time although I didn't get any tracking information.  I sure hope it gets here before the July release, they took my money first week of February and it's a little frustrating seeing all these posts from people who just ordered and have received them already.  I should be very familiar with it by the time it arrives, after watching all the online reviews etc

I did get a tracking number, but it didn't work until it was delivered, go figure. But it is here, and it does look good. 

  • Like 2

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone show a picture of how far past the grip these stick out? I had the first gen Arccos and couldn't stand how big they were on the end of the grip. Also didn't like that I had to have my phone on me at all times. This solves that problem for sure, just curious about the size. I've seen the tags from the previous version but want to be sure before I make the purchase.

  • Like 1

Driver: :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 220 9.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.0
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition (Coming Soon!)
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Slap said:

You have to update your app in order to have V3 connect. Its an absolute must.  

I tried that thanksz but still same. 

 

Support have emailed me back confirming there is an issue with certain Huawei devices which they are working on

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

Can anyone show a picture of how far past the grip these stick out? I had the first gen Arccos and couldn't stand how big they were on the end of the grip. Also didn't like that I had to have my phone on me at all times. This solves that problem for sure, just curious about the size. I've seen the tags from the previous version but want to be sure before I make the purchase.

 

IMG_20200619_124800.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 330d said:

 

IMG_20200619_124800.jpg

Thank you!

  • Like 2

Driver: :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 220 9.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.0
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition (Coming Soon!)
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Golfhandds said:

The club tag must be within 16cm or so of the watch to register a swing.   You wear it on your left wrist if you are a right handed golfer.   Simple swinging a club in the right hand only will not register a swing.  This is true for putting too so you can knock back a gimme to a player without causing it to register a stroke.

Can anyone tell me if you're a right handed golfer and wear it on your right hand, will it still pick up shots?

Edited by Joker
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...