TESTERS WANTED! ×

Monte Scheinblum clinic - AKA On the road with KennyB.

cksurfdude

1 hour ago, White Rhino said:

This sounds like alot of fun.  Too bad I am so late to the party.  😞 

Never too late! There's probably a slot still open....

I'm signed up for the last weekend in June in NJ. Looking forward to having some of Monte's long drive mojo rub off on me 😂🤣🤪

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

I'm signed up for the last weekend in June in NJ. Looking forward to having some of Monte's long drive mojo rub off on me 😂🤣🤪

I looked at the one this weekend in SoCal.. says "Sales Closed"  I might look into solo lesson packages 

Driver:cobra-small: S3

FW: :taylormade-small:SIM Max 3HL

Hybrid - :bridgestone-small: J40 3H :taylormade-small:RBZ 5H

Irons - :cobra-small: RADSPEED One Length - 6 - GW

Wedges - :taylormade-small: TP Wedges - 54* & 58*

Putter - :odyssey-small: Rossie 

Ball - :bridgestone-small: E12

29 minutes ago, White Rhino said:

I looked at the one this weekend in SoCal.. says "Sales Closed"  I might look into solo lesson packages 

Sorry to hear that it's closed.  My wife and I are driving early on Wednesday morning; planning on getting there on Thursday evening.  That will give us Friday to acclimate and hit a few balls; maybe play a little.  

We enjoyed Monte a couple of years ago in Seattle, so decided to make the trek down to see him.  He's fixed a few things wrong with me; I'm not sure there is time enough to fix everything!!!

37 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

I'll tell you all about it when I get back!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

He's fixed a few things wrong with me ...

Great .. maybe I can get him to do a deep psychoanalysis on me, too 🤪🤪

I'll tell you all about it when I get back!!!

Yeah really sorry I couldn't make that one... Maybe, maybe if it had coincided with Lisa's school break. But we have to start tossing out some ideas for a summer meetup!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I should note that Monte's Clinic this year is March 27-29, 2021; the title of this thread reflects last year's attempt to attend Monte's Clinic.

Headed out this Wednesday morning at 5:30am driving through the Columbia River Gorge to Portland, OR; very strong headwinds!!  I normally average 25-26 mpg in my hemi Charger; got 19 mpg to Portland.  South on I-5 was much better but rained all the way to Eugene.  Crossed into California around 3pm... view of Mt. Shasta:

IMG_1377.jpeg.a4f04b1736906b30dc6489af551d0814.jpeg

When we got to Redding, CA at 5pm I was averaging 24 mpg.  Checked into our hotel, then headed to...  wait for it........

IMG_5785.jpeg.a69036f396d2d07dbdc27c07e5905234.jpeg

IMG_5786.jpeg.51b31dde5613179d1aa0ac45d0603eb0.jpeg

Still celebrating St. Patrick's Day.  Guess I am lucky!!

567 miles to go tomorrow.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Ha what a great name for a bar!

Kenny.. When you're in Irvine you'll have to check out the local brew-pubs; there were two or three in the vicinity of the course that looked like they had some good offerings!

Drive safe and enjoy the trip!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

15 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Ha what a great name for a bar!

Kenny.. When you're in Irvine you'll have to check out the local brew-pubs; there were two or three in the vicinity of the course that looked like they had some good offerings!

Drive safe and enjoy the trip!

I'll be on the lookout, but the clinic is not in Irvine.  It's at La Mirada GC which is a little north of Buena Park.

Well, we left at 6:20am from Redding CA; drove straight through to LA on I-5.  What a wasteland!!  I'd driven this stretch of I-5 many years ago, and I guess I thought it would look a lot different today... I was wrong!  And I thought driving across Nebraska was bad!!  Some of the worst interstate highway I have ever driven on... rough pavement and only 2 lanes each direction with a million 18-wheelers.  Of course they pass each other so you are stuck behind them for miles.  Then there are the many cars that are driving 90-100 mph in 70 mph zones; sometimes even when in a construction zone.

Came down out of the hills and could see the LA skyline off to the west 90 miles away.  3 hours later I arrived at our hotel.  I HATE this traffic!!  Now I wish I had flown into Orange County airport and rented a car.  Would have except for the dang COVID.  The good news is that Marriott upgraded me to a Junior suite, so plenty of room.

I was worried about restaurants being closed except for takeout and delivery... pretty much true on the drive through Cali.  We saw a BBQ restaurant near our hotel that had dine-in, so I ordered Baby Back Ribs and a couple of Moose Drool ales.  It's been a long time since I've had Moose Drool... still tasty!!

Rest up tonight; head to the golf course tomorrow for some exercise to shake the kinks out.

I'll be on the lookout, but the clinic is not in Irvine.  It's at La Mirada GC which is a little north of Buena Park.

Well, we left at 6:20am from Redding CA; drove straight through to LA on I-5.  What a wasteland!!  I'd driven this stretch of I-5 many years ago, and I guess I thought it would look a lot different today... I was wrong!  And I thought driving across Nebraska was bad!!  Some of the worst interstate highway I have ever driven on... rough pavement and only 2 lanes each direction with a million 18-wheelers.  Of course they pass each other so you are stuck behind them for miles.  Then there are the many cars that are driving 90-100 mph in 70 mph zones; sometimes even when in a construction zone.

Came down out of the hills and could see the LA skyline off to the west 90 miles away.  3 hours later I arrived at our hotel.  I HATE this traffic!!  Now I wish I had flown into Orange County airport and rented a car.  Would have except for the dang COVID.  The good news is that Marriott upgraded me to a Junior suite, so plenty of room.

I was worried about restaurants being closed except for takeout and delivery... pretty much true on the drive through Cali.  We saw a BBQ restaurant near our hotel that had dine-in, so I ordered Baby Back Ribs and a couple of Moose Drool ales.  It's been a long time since I've had Moose Drool... still tasty!!

Rest up tonight; head to the golf course tomorrow for some exercise to shake the kinks out.

Was stationed in Oceanside and drove back and forth up I-5 home to Eugene OR several times and I concur. That stretch of highway from the grapevine south to LA is something else... did it all the way through a couple times - about 12 hours was the best I could do.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

SoCal traffic is truly crazy. I'd spent some time near San Diego way waaaay back in my wayward youth, and a few years ago my wife and I were there for a few days and man oh man what a huge change over the years!!

More built up, of course, plus lines of cars on every road, and the I-5 down there was just constantly packed all day stop-and-go......

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

49 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

SoCal traffic is truly crazy. I'd spent some time near San Diego way waaaay back in my wayward youth, and a few years ago my wife and I were there for a few days and man oh man what a huge change over the years!!

More built up, of course, plus lines of cars on every road, and the I-5 down there was just constantly packed all day stop-and-go......

I used to live in LA. One time in took me an hour to drive less than 6 blocks. And there were no accidents, road construction, or anything like that. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

10 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Sounds all too familiar.   Live in Los Angeles!  😞 

Went to a car wash this morning to get the bugs off the front and windshield. Then found the course where the clinic is tomorrow. Then went to Westridge GC in La Habra; my wife and I played 18 holes. I shot 83 with 2 doubles. Course was very firm so we got lots of roll. #18 is a par 5 hit a decent drive that left me 189y to the green but it was carry over a pond for the last 30 yards. I could get there but not over water. So I hit a 60y pw that rolled out 130y and it just barely stopped before the pond. Then a sw over the water and 2-putt par.
This is a course that I could play a lot better the second time around.
On to the clinic in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hmmm. Didn't hear anything about discovering a cool brew pub... 😉

Looking forward to hearing how the clinic goes each day!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Headed to the patio for a beer and beef, cheese, green onions and jalapeños with an Asian salad. Korean bbq seems to be a staple here.

Image1616807765.599890.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

34 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I shot 83 with 2 doubles. 

On to the clinic in the morning.

Have fun in your clinic and hope you figure out how to get rid of those doubles.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Hmmm. Didn't hear anything about discovering a cool brew pub... 😉

Looking forward to hearing how the clinic goes each day!

It was convenient to eat on the patio at the course; food was good, but the selection of beer was dismal.

After the clinic tomorrow we will have to find a good pub, but they have to serve outdoors in LA as far as I know and understand the rules.  

3 hours ago, White Rhino said:

Sounds all too familiar.   Live in Los Angeles!  😞 

I'm sorry!  I could never live here!  I'm just a small town boy where the rush hour is 4:30pm-5:30pm, instead of 7am-7pm

I'm sorry!  I could never live here!  I'm just a small town boy where the rush hour is 4:30pm-5:30pm, instead of 7am-7pm

I guess it’s a matter of perspective. I came to SoCal from NYC in the Navy back in 1983. Took one look at Coronado and said “I could get used to this”. And have been here ever since. But I live in OC and only go to LA when I absolutely have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

7 hours ago, tehuti said:

I guess it’s a matter of perspective. I came to SoCal from NYC in the Navy back in 1983. Took one look at Coronado and said “I could get used to this”. And have been here ever since. But I live in OC and only go to LA when I absolutely have to.

Yeah, coming from NYC I would certainly pick SoCal just for the weather, as long as I could live in a smaller suburb and didn't have to travel through LA very often.  I grew up in a town with a population of 25K; now I live in a population center of 250K that's spread out over nearly 20 miles.  Too many freeways here, and if you are in the wrong lane to make an exit, you're screwed!!

On Monday I have to travel from Orange County through LA headed to Bakersfield during rush hour(s)!!

Monte's Clinic...

Day 1:   First I have to comment on the facilities at La Mirada GC.  Their range is a double decker hitting off mats; the manager put us on the lower level.  We were in the shade, but balls dribbled off the roof from the people above, landing a foot or two in front of your mat.   The balls landed just past the concrete in the picture below.   Difficult to concentrate.  IMG_1380.jpeg.4861bc6212b2a8d9d01cc735e1cebe12.jpeg

There were 6 of us, so we took up 6 mats.  After warming up, Monte took videos of us FO and DTL.  I'm positive that after watching us swing once, he knew what our one flaw was that leads to what we see in the ball flight.

Monte spent the morning talking about the golf swing, and we each took turns in front of the others making a few swings.  He then encouraged us to critique each other.  He could see issues that I can't see, but when he points them out, then I can see them.  Guess that's why I'm not an instructor... Please, everyone I have given critiques or advice over the years, disregard... I'm not worthy!!!

Meanwhile, while we were all watching each other, which was the rest of the morning, our mat stations were overrun by locals, even though our bags and buckets of balls were by the mats.  They even hit our balls!!

Lunch was an hour; difficult to find food in an hour at noon!!  It was going to be impossible to get 6 stations together after lunch, so he headed to the putting green; each taking turns on a long putt and critique by Monte.  He doesn't try to change your stroke; just points out how it could be better.  Then we went to the pitching green and bunker.  Same scenario at both locations.  The bunker had little sand in it, which made it difficult with a high bounce wedge; not impossible... just difficult.  End of Day 1.

So what's Kenny B's swing issue?  Apparently, I stand too far away from the ball and don't rotate properly in the backswing.  Nothing new.  I thought I had been working on that for the past year, but obviously not enough.  I have no problem playing with my issues, but Monte said I am losing distance.  I said "Yeah, I'm distance-challenged."  🙄  At least there is some hope, but Dang! This change is going to be hard.

More swing practice tomorrow and working on the Boditrack Pressure Mat and The HackMotion wrist sensor.  Flightscope will be available to use.

20 hours ago, tehuti said:

I guess I followed you..LOL  NYC to San Diego in '91 Then up to LA in '93 and have been here since.

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yeah, coming from NYC I would certainly pick SoCal just for the weather, as long as I could live in a smaller suburb and didn't have to travel through LA very often.  I grew up in a town with a population of 25K; now I live in a population center of 250K that's spread out over nearly 20 miles.  Too many freeways here, and if you are in the wrong lane to make an exit, you're screwed!!

On Monday I have to travel from Orange County through LA headed to Bakersfield during rush hour(s)!!

I would say that is exactly true.. I have seen people slow down or eve stop on the freeway to get over instead of going to the next exit and coming back.   These are times I want a push bar on the front of my car or at least a paint ball gun handy.  LOL 

Well, Day 2 of Monte's Clinic is in the books:

We spent all day on the lower-level range which was good since we were in the shade all day; very warm sunny day.  I even got used to balls rolling off the roof; one ball actually bounced on the concrete by my mat 3 times!!  We put out signs on our mats "Reserved for golf clinic" when we went to lunch and of the 6 mats, only one was overrun and we had to kick them out.  I would say that 90% of the range clientele is asian, mostly women.  

Everyone warmed up hitting balls, and then Monte had each of us on the Boditrack mat to show us the pressure we put on the mat with our feet throughout the swing.  My distribution was pretty good except for my heel/toe pressure could be improved.  After that session I worked on easy 1/4 swings focusing on more pressure in my right heel during the backswing with only a little pressure in my left toe, then pressure on my left heel with little on my right toe on the through swing.  Hard to do, but good results happen when I  got it right.  My tendency is to be OK on the backswing but I have too much pressure on my left toe on the through swing which is a reason I get too close to the ball.

While everyone else was on the Boditrack, I was working on making a bigger backswing while standing closer to the ball.  I'm too far away at setup.... a holdover from my Moe Norman single-plane swing days.  Getting closer to the ball seems counterintuitive to someone who used to sh@nk the ball a lot!!  When I do it correctly, I hit the ball much better.  Right now that's about 1 in 10 times.  Lots of work to do!!

In the afternoon Monte used the same routine with us using the HackMotion wrist sensor.  This device shows you the degrees of flexion/extension of the lead wrist at various stages of you swing.  Very informative, and almost to a person, each of us had extension when we should have had flexion which leads to an open club face.  I need to work on that as well.  I hit a LOT of balls today, but only with a 9 iron at about 70%.  

Tomorrow we hit the course.  One of our group had to leave today, so there will be only 5 of us in 2 groups.  Monte will play the first 9 holes with the other 3 guys.  My wife and I will play the front nine in the following group by ourselves, then Monte will wait for us at the turn and then play the back nine with us.  @cksurfdude...  you could have been in this group with us!!!!   We will see how it goes, but my understanding is that we will all tee off, then Monte will select an approach yardage where we will all hit from, then he will select various locations around the green for short game shots, and then putting.  We won't actually be playing our own shots.  He will create situations for us, and explain how to approach the various shots he selects.  Should be fun!!  He wanted to finish the clinic with us because he and my wife get along so well, both laughing throughout the clinic.  Not sure how to take that!!!   😬

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

@cksurfdude...  you could have been in this group with us!!!!

...cudda wudda shudda ... 😞

Not missing that driving range experience, though!

But sounds like a LOT of really good instruction, and - as you were hoping - you got those few critical points of improvement to focus on.

The on-course session sounds similar to what Nancy Lopez does; you're not playing a golf round, per se, vs practicing on the course .. under her watchful eye and careful guidance .. what you were shown and worked on during the clinic sessions the prior days. Very useful!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Sorry for the late post on the final day of Monte's clinic.  It was a loooooong 2 days getting home.  No more driving through California... north/south for this old coot!!

Monday after warming up on the range, our two groups headed to the 1st tee for 18 holes on course instruction.  As I described earlier, Monte, played with the other 3 guys in our clinic followed by my wife and I.  In order to keep up with groups on the course, we played a scramble and didn't putt on most greens; they were recently punched and didn't roll very well.  Most of the holes we finished and headed to the next tee in time to see the other group tee off with Monte.  When we got to #10 tee Monte played with my wife and I and the other guys played behind us.  

Wow!  Can Monte hit the ball off the tee, but he has an equally good approach and short game!!  We hit off all the tees, but we picked up our drives and headed to where Monte had us hitting our next shot;  short approach, pitches, chips from thin/thick lies, bunkers, and even a few putts.  He showed us one shot that I am adding to my arsenal:  close to the green, slight downhill lie, in the rough with a bunch of grass behind the ball.  Stand with your back foot about 6 inches in front of the ball; position your hands about even with your back leg and wrist hinge only... no back swing with arms... using your putter!!!  Hinge and drop the putter on the ball... no followthrough.  Doesn't take much effort and the ball pops right out onto the green.

My biggest takeaway from the playing lesson is the same one from the other two days; I need to rotate more in the backswing.  I'm losing distance.  It's not that I can't rotate; I am fine during practice swings, but put a ball down for me to hit, and it's like I'm playing croquet!!  Embarrassing actually.  When I do make a good turn, I am so out of sequence that I can't hit the ball.  Lot of work to do.

We left the course about 2pm and drove through LA... UGH!  Spent the night in Visalia, CA north of Bakersfield. If you have to drive North/South through the middle of Cali, use highway CA-99; it's in much better shape than I-5 and less truck traffic.  On Tuesday we drove all the way home; 900 miles and it took us 15 hours with gas and food stops.  Loooong day!!

Nice view of Mt. Shasta (2nd highest mountain in the Cascade Range behind Mt Ranier) as we drove into Oregon at Klamath Falls heading up through Bend Oregon...

IMG_1383.jpeg.71ce37acc56fa1d61b706fd0a83ce49a.jpeg

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My biggest takeaway from the playing lesson is the same one from the other two days; I need to rotate more in the backswing.  I'm losing distance.  It's not that I can't rotate; I am fine during practice swings, but put a ball down for me to hit, and it's like I'm playing croquet!!  Embarrassing actually.  When I do make a good turn, I am so out of sequence that I can't hit the ball.  Lot of work to do.

Sounds like the looooong, painful trip was well worth it!!

I like that little putter-pop trick but sounds like a thing that needs to be (well..) practiced first. May have to find a place and test it out.

Also sounds like the applied section of the clinic, on the course, was a worthwhile learning experience . And, yeah, must have been something to watch Monte hit the ball - KaPOW!! 😂

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Sounds like the looooong, painful trip was well worth it!!

I like that little putter-pop trick but sounds like a thing that needs to be (well..) practiced first. May have to find a place and test it out.

Also sounds like the applied section of the clinic, on the course, was a worthwhile learning experience . And, yeah, must have been something to watch Monte hit the ball - KaPOW!! 😂

Actually we both did the "putter-pop trick" only once, and we both got the ball on the green.  There's no swing so it's hard to mess up.  I could probably have gotten the ball on the green with a wedge shot, but I'm not sure I could have gotten it any closer, and there is a very good change I could screw it up.

I will be practicing the shot when I get close to the green in the rough, just to see my capability to make the shot.

On 3/27/2021 at 9:46 AM, tehuti said:

Nice guess you were Navy if you were down in Coronado. I left NYC in 2010 and lived in DFW area for a bit before coming out this way. We should get together for a round some day!

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

Heading up the road (86 miles) to Kingswood Resort & CC. Looking forward to three fun days with  the boys (19 other golfers) for our annual spring golf outing. Thursday - Saturday

https://kingwoodresort.com/golf/

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 2 months later...

Hey all - will post a fuller write-up / description after I get back home, but finished up Day 2 of my Monte clinic in NJ; on course playing lesson is tomorrow morning.

Briefly: it is WAAAAY worth it, and I highly recommend it to anyone .. of any playing ability .. if you're even remotely considering it!

FYI - there are two married couples here, one older (maybe 60s), one younger (maybe around 30ish) - and the ladies are loving it and getting a lot out of it! (So it's not just macho guys smashing long balls endlessly)

Despite the 3 .. yes, THREE .. hour drive thru stop & go traffic that should've been 1 1/2 hours on a normal day to get here (but hey _this_ is the new normal in the NY Metro area...) .. and the resulting tight, sore back .. I'm really glad I came.

Monte is also a fun entertainer with all kinds of fascinating .. and hilarious! .. stories of some of his past (mis-) adventures, but bottom line he is genuinely, truly concerned with making sure each person gets some solid piece of improvement to go home with to work on 👍

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg