Monte Scheinblum clinic - AKA On the road with KennyB.

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Hey all - will post a fuller write-up / description after I get back home, but finished up Day 2 of my Monte clinic in NJ; on course playing lesson is tomorrow morning.

Briefly: it is WAAAAY worth it, and I highly recommend it to anyone .. of any playing ability .. if you're even remotely considering it!

FYI - there are two married couples here, one older (maybe 60s), one younger (maybe around 30ish) - and the ladies are loving it and getting a lot out of it! (So it's not just macho guys smashing long balls endlessly)

Despite the 3 .. yes, THREE .. hour drive thru stop & go traffic that should've been 1 1/2 hours on a normal day to get here (but hey _this_ is the new normal in the NY Metro area...) .. and the resulting tight, sore back .. I'm really glad I came.

Monte is also a fun entertainer with all kinds of fascinating .. and hilarious! .. stories of some of his past (mis-) adventures, but bottom line he is genuinely, truly concerned with making sure each person gets some solid piece of improvement to go home with to work on 👍

Told you!!  Martha loves Monte, and he has helped her gain a lot of distance. She was killing it this weekend.  

Glad you are having a great time.  You will love the on-course lessons... best part of the clinic.  Ask Monte to show you the putter shot out of the rough.  Amazing!  I've used it a few times when I was close to the green in thick rough with the green sloping away.  Takes a little practice but a very handy shot that gets closer to the hole than using a LW.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

22 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Ask Monte to show you the putter shot out of the rough.

Will try to remember that, thx!!

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..MLA Tour XDream (33", +2up, 400g, P2 Reflex Tour)
.. .. see MLA Offical Forum Member Reviews (..on the bench: Evnroll ER5)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

• cksurfdude changed the title to Monte Scheinblum clinic - AKA On the road with KennyB.