TESTERS WANTED! ×

Monte Scheinblum clinic - AKA On the road with KennyB.

cksurfdude

Starting this thread now .. which I'll be adding to later on .. about an upcoming meet-up with @Kenny B .. with whom I've been exchanging PMs and posts for a few years now, but have not yet had the opportunity to get together with IRL. Well, it's finally going to happen - over the first weekend in April - and centered around a Monte Scheinblum clinic.

Which is why I wanted to start this now -- there were 6 spots only in this clinic, of which 3 are now taken by myself, Kenny and his wife Martha.

SO..........

* If any other MGSers are in the SoCal area, or really anywhere, and want to come join us and help take over the clinic 😉 .. it's...
-- Saturday, April 4th thru Sunday or Monday .. depending on whether you sign up for a 2-day or 3-day clinic
-- third day Monday is on-course playing lesson
-- cost is $200/day (9a-4p) + a small facility fee
-- location is Oak Creek Golf Club in Irvine
-- info and sign-up at..
-- https://rebelliongolf.com/clinics/

Oh, PS:
I'm most likely arriving at least one day, maybe two, before the clinic and staying over at least one more day, too - ie. more potential spy-golf-beer-time.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

This is cool!

I know Monte as he  has used my course for his Baltimore/DC clinic the past three years.  It is a sellout each time, and I've sat in and watched parts of it.  He really does a great job and everyone I spoke to came away from it with great info and improvement.   

Hope you guys have a great time, and tell him Rob from Compass Pointe says hello!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This is cool!

I know Monte as he  has used my course for his Baltimore/DC clinic the past three years.  It is a sellout each time, and I've sat in and watched parts of it.  He really does a great job and everyone I spoke to came away from it with great info and improvement.   

Hope you guys have a great time, and tell him Rob from Compass Pointe says hello!

Yeah, thx, have seen several very positive comments about his clinics .. really looking forward to it!

I'll have my phone on video recording when I mention "Rob" - so I can catch his reaction... 😝😝😝

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Martha and I attended Monte's clinic in the Seattle area last summer.  Loved it.  I sent a PM to @cksurfdude (that's still ongoing, btw).  I was thinking about going to this clinic at the course where Monte teaches because it was limited to only 6 attendees.  That's lots of hands on contact over 3 days.  I'm happy that Chuck hit me up about going!!

So far, Monte has helped my swing quite a bit.  I would like to say that he is the first coach that has eliminated my shanks.  I would like to say that, but if I do they might come back so I'll just say that they are rare now.  ☺️

I'm looking forward to finally meeting Chuck after chatting here on the forum and PM.  Should be a great time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

OK, just an FYI update...
Our (Kenny's and mine) dates are set - we'll be there starting Thursday 4/02 and then leaving the following Wednesday morning 4/08.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Also... ROAD TRIP!!!

My wife and I will be driving down to Irvine, CA from Washington; of course, listening to Steppenwolf, "Born to be Wild".  The route has not yet been determined, but stopping to play along the way is on the table.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hmmm... not Willie Nelson's "On The Road Again"... 😉

There must be so many great golf course options along the way b/w WA and SoCal .. how ya gonna choose?!?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 9:15 PM, Kenny B said:

Also... ROAD TRIP!!!

My wife and I will be driving down to Irvine, CA from Washington; of course, listening to Steppenwolf, "Born to be Wild".  The route has not yet been determined, but stopping to play along the way is on the table.  

If the route takes you through the Fresno area let me know. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

9 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

If the route takes you through the Fresno area let me know. 

Will do!

I haven't set the route or the duration of the road trip yet.  I will do that as the dates get closer, and I see what our schedule might be.  Although I've driven from here to LA straight through, that was in my younger days.  We will at least take two days each way, but could make extra stops.  In the past we have always had to get there and get home when traveling, but now... no reason to rush.  This could be fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Not surprisingly, we received the following from Monte....

---

Message from Monte Scheinblum:

Hello,

I know there is a lot going on right now, but I wanted to touch base about our scheduled clinic for April 4th-6th. I am following the news regarding the rapidly changing guidance and restrictions in regards to COVID-19. It is obviously very likely that we will need to reschedule our April clinic. For now, I'm in a holding pattern and monitoring this situation as it unfolds. If we do reschedule, I am 100% committed to finding dates that work for all of you, including rescheduling some of you on different dates as a part of other Irvine clinics as needed. For now, stay safe and understand that I will be in touch soon.

---

oh well....

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Not surprisingly, we received the following from Monte....

---

Message from Monte Scheinblum:

Hello,

I know there is a lot going on right now, but I wanted to touch base about our scheduled clinic for April 4th-6th. I am following the news regarding the rapidly changing guidance and restrictions in regards to COVID-19. It is obviously very likely that we will need to reschedule our April clinic. For now, I'm in a holding pattern and monitoring this situation as it unfolds. If we do reschedule, I am 100% committed to finding dates that work for all of you, including rescheduling some of you on different dates as a part of other Irvine clinics as needed. For now, stay safe and understand that I will be in touch soon.

---

Well... we have two weeks.  TWO WEEKS!

Monte is one of my favorite instructors and I was fortunate to be able to do 1 in-person lesson with him. What he had taught me changed my game quite a bit, in a good way. Now, just getting the things to stick that he had me work on, that's the hard part. Planning to attend the Seattle area clinic this year if things calm down with the coronavirus by the end of summer.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 3/18/2020 at 3:20 PM, Kenny B said:

Well... we have two weeks.  TWO WEEKS!

I hope this still happens for you guys with all of the recent news coming out of CA. Stay stoked and hopefully positive thoughts create a positive outcome!!

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Monte is one of my favorite instructors and I was fortunate to be able to do 1 in-person lesson with him. What he had taught me changed my game quite a bit, in a good way. Now, just getting the things to stick that he had me work on, that's the hard part. Planning to attend the Seattle area clinic this year if things calm down with the coronavirus by the end of summer.

I really like his teaching methods and I'd LOVE to get some coaching from him. I've mentioned him to @mr.hicksta a couple of times and I'm hoping he can get to see Monte at some point once he moves up there.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

10 hours ago, dlow206 said:

My wife and I went to Monte's clinic last August in Snohomish.  If this clinic doesn't go, then we will attend one somewhere this year.

13 hours ago, yungkory said:

I hope this still happens for you guys with all of the recent news coming out of CA. Stay stoked and hopefully positive thoughts create a positive outcome!!

I really like his teaching methods and I'd LOVE to get some coaching from him. I've mentioned him to @mr.hicksta a couple of times and I'm hoping he can get to see Monte at some point once he moves up there.

His teaching methods are great. The difference between his videos and the in-person lesson was big for me. I was trying to fix issues with my swing, but after a few in-person swings, Monte was able to find the actual root cause. It turned out that I was trying to fix the symptoms, not the root cause.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Well... if anyone's been watching the news .. anyone? lol .. CA announced a state-wide shutdown so it's not looking like this particular clinic is gonna happen at this time. Have not yet heard anything further from Monte. But chatted on the phone with Kenny earlier and mentioned I'm thinking of "calling it" and canceling - he said he may lean that way, too, as he's pondering the logistics of driving down with everything closed....

BUT... on the bright side .. maybe if this does get re-scheduled to a time that works not just for Kenny and I but also for @mr.hicksta and for @dlow206 -- that could be really fun!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

35 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Well... if anyone's been watching the news .. anyone? lol .. CA announced a state-wide shutdown so it's not looking like this particular clinic is gonna happen at this time. Have not yet heard anything further from Monte. But chatted on the phone with Kenny earlier and mentioned I'm thinking of "calling it" and canceling - he said he may lean that way, too, as he's pondering the logistics of driving down with everything closed....

BUT... on the bright side .. maybe if this does get re-scheduled to a time that works not just for Kenny and I but also for @mr.hicksta and for @dlow206 -- that could be really fun!!

I am hoping the Seattle one still takes place, it is not until August. But who knows what will be going on at that point.

Updated 07/15/2022

20 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I am hoping the Seattle one still takes place, it is not until August. But who knows what will be going on at that point.

Yeah, we're all still in wait and see mode.......

As of today the Irvine clinic is still on, but - I've cancelled this trip ☹️ and contacted Monte who said he'd work with people to arrange alternate dates ... so there's a remote possibility I might see you there. 

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Yeah, we're all still in wait and see mode.......

As of today the Irvine clinic is still on, but - I've cancelled this trip ☹️ and contacted Monte who said he'd work with people to arrange alternate dates ... so there's a remote possibility I might see you there. 

Monte said that he was going to create a new clinic sometime for everyone in this April clinic.  That may not be possible for us all, but he will move people around to fit their schedules.  If a Seattle clinic this summer is held, I doubt it will be with 6 students; he would need more to make it worthwhile to make the trip.  We had 12-13 last summer.  That's why I wanted to go to his home course and get in a clinic limited to 6 students.  It's a good deal for 3 days with 6 students, my wife and I + 4 others.

Whenever he reschedules it, I hope we all can make it.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:15 PM, Kenny B said:

That's why I wanted to go to his home course and get in a clinic limited to 6 students.

Oh yeah -- great point!!

We'll have to see if Monte may be willing to add a whole new date in his calendar as a replacement for this group..? Otherwise, Kenny, what are you thinking as far as re-scheduling? 

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

5 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Oh yeah -- great point!!

We'll have to see if Monte may be willing to add a whole new date in his calendar as a replacement for this group..? Otherwise, Kenny, what are you thinking as far as re-scheduling? 

I got the impression that was exactly what he was going to do.  No date, but he said we would be put in it.  If it's a date that we can't make for some reason, I think he will try to accommodate in a different clinic.

• 1 month later...

Monte just started this new "Improvement Plan" remote option now. It is intended to supplement online lessons, so between lessons you can send him videos and questions so that you can check in on if you are showing improvement on certain parts of the swing/drills/etc. I just signed up, seems like it will be helpful for me until his clinics and in-person lessons start up again.

Updated 07/15/2022

16 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Monte just started this new "Improvement Plan" remote option now. It is intended to supplement online lessons, so between lessons you can send him videos and questions so that you can check in on if you are showing improvement on certain parts of the swing/drills/etc. I just signed up, seems like it will be helpful for me until his clinics and in-person lessons start up again.

Nice .. thx for that update! I'll go and check it out.

Still working thru his "Use The Bounce"* videos; also GolfTec now doing virtual lessons and I still have two lessons remaining there.

* anyone interested Monte has these available free on his website @ rebelliongolf.com

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Chonch said:

I’d be happy to join you guys and gals, Monte is my coach. Unfortunately, I only got 1 lesson in before covid. 

Nice! Obviously we're still on hold as to rescheduling, but will update in here whenever it gets figured out.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 8 months later...

FYI for anyone not on Monte's email list -- 2021 clinic schedule announced; see ...

https://www.eventbrite.com/o/monte-scheinblum-27908991909

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

58 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

FYI for anyone not on Monte's email list -- 2021 clinic schedule announced; see ...

https://www.eventbrite.com/o/monte-scheinblum-27908991909

im signed up for seattle

Updated 07/15/2022

30 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

im signed up for seattle

Nice 👍

I'm considering NJ in June, now - theoretically can drive there from home. We'll see....

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

FYI to anyone considering one of Monte's clinics -- Kenny just let me know the following......

"Monte just posted our clinic** at the end of March on his schedule.  Only 6 spots, 3 left so it's Martha, me and one other so far."

** "our clinic" was originally scheduled for April, 2020 in Irvine, CA and limited to SIX people.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 4 weeks later...