Jump to content
JohnSmalls

You’re killing me JohnSmalls...WITB

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Hard as I try, the only thing that I see is PING 😊.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those clubheads are facing the wrong way.... 😉

  • Haha 4

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good looking bag John. Hope those D7's are working well for you.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Those clubheads are facing the wrong way.... 😉

I still stand on the right side of the ball 😁

 

12 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's a good looking bag!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Thank you, sir!

12 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Good looking bag John. Hope those D7's are working well for you.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks, Tony!  They have led to my most consistent golf as of late.  A couple of minor swing issues to work out and they will be lethal for my handicap!    Did you order some recently?

  • Like 4

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

I still stand on the right side of the ball 😁

 

Thank you, sir!

Thanks, Tony!  They have led to my most consistent golf as of late.  A couple of minor swing issues to work out and they will be lethal for my handicap!    Did you order some recently?

They're on the 'buy list" for this year. They worked best for me when I got fitted last May, However my wife's fitting  and resulting $$$$$ for her new clubs took precedence. He recommended the D-7's with Recoils - they launched higher and had a much narrower dispersion then the other brands and combinations I tried. 

  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

They're on the 'buy list" for this year. They worked best for me when I got fitted last May, However my wife's fitting  and resulting $$$$$ for her new clubs took precedence. He recommended the D-7's with Recoils - they launched higher and had a much narrower dispersion then the other brands and combinations I tried. 

Hope you can get your hands on them soon!

  • Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharp looking setup!

  • Like 1

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 4i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50*                                                           

:callaway-small: Wedges MD5 Jaws  58/x

:mizuno-small: Putter M-Craft II black

:taylormade-small: Tour Response 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw this and when you said Jones Collegiate I knew before I scrolled down it would be Orange. You know me I am not into the collegiate thing but that is one sharp Jones bag. looks like you updated quite a bit since we played. And I am not going to let the cat out of the bag but what you texted me the other day will look ought right sexy in that bag. Yep I am using a Jones myself an older Classic red and black and NO it does not have anything about USC on it. Bought it from a bud of mine up in Eastern NC. You know you are going to have to do an update and show the good folks at MGS what you showed me. Of course you know they are gonna say "you have been around Stu too much"

  • Like 3

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BIG STU said:

I just saw this and when you said Jones Collegiate I knew before I scrolled down it would be Orange. You know me I am not into the collegiate thing but that is one sharp Jones bag. looks like you updated quite a bit since we played. And I am not going to let the cat out of the bag but what you texted me the other day will look ought right sexy in that bag. Yep I am using a Jones myself an older Classic red and black and NO it does not have anything about USC on it. Bought it from a bud of mine up in Eastern NC. You know you are going to have to do an update and show the good folks at MGS what you showed me. Of course you know they are gonna say "you have been around Stu too much"

Hahahah I can't hide it!  I appreciate it!   Ironically I got that bag when I was a kid and didn't know what I had.  It has been collecting dust in the garage so I gave it a runout last Sunday as...well a Sunday bag.  It's in the full rotation now.

I knew you had a Jones--in fact I wouldn't know much about them if you hadn't told me.  I didn't think you'd have USC anywhere on your bag--I would have had to give you a hard time if you did.  I posted a little teaser saying what I bought in the club ho thread--but no pictures until they make it to the house!  I was wondering what I would carry them in, but those old staffs would look good in the Jones bag.

In regards to my gamers, my whole bag has changed except for the wedge and hybrid---and this was only my Sunday bag.  I've still got Nike fairway woods but updated them to the Vapor Fly (the blue crown).  I bought the G400 last summer after I found a deal I couldn't pass up.  I wasn't sure that I was going to keep it, especially after putting it up against the Cobra F9, but got the YIPS with the Cobra and the Ping clawed it's way back in the bag and has put on a show lately.   Irons have changed two or three times, ended up on the D7's from Wilson after testing them for MGS---they have been the real deal.  The Evnroll snuck in there last spring.  It's been put on notice lately, but changed the grip and so far it's staying.

  • Like 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Hahahah I can't hide it!  I appreciate it!   Ironically I got that bag when I was a kid and didn't know what I had.  It has been collecting dust in the garage so I gave it a runout last Sunday as...well a Sunday bag.  It's in the full rotation now.

I knew you had a Jones--in fact I wouldn't know much about them if you hadn't told me.  I didn't think you'd have USC anywhere on your bag--I would have had to give you a hard time if you did.  I posted a little teaser saying what I bought in the club ho thread--but no pictures until they make it to the house!  I was wondering what I would carry them in, but those old staffs would look good in the Jones bag.

In regards to my gamers, my whole bag has changed except for the wedge and hybrid---and this was only my Sunday bag.  I've still got Nike fairway woods but updated them to the Vapor Fly (the blue crown).  I bought the G400 last summer after I found a deal I couldn't pass up.  I wasn't sure that I was going to keep it, especially after putting it up against the Cobra F9, but got the YIPS with the Cobra and the Ping clawed it's way back in the bag and has put on a show lately.   Irons have changed two or three times, ended up on the D7's from Wilson after testing them for MGS---they have been the real deal.  The Evnroll snuck in there last spring.  It's been put on notice lately, but changed the grip and so far it's staying.

Well I am gaming the same driver I had when you played with me. Nothing can kick it out of the bag---- Irons I rotate out between my Macs and the KZG CBs . Only thing is now I sorta ditched the long irons and am carrying 2 hybrids now well you know I am getting older. Putters LOL I change putters like a lady of the evening changes drawers. Right now I am using an old Wilson 6oo forged but the rusty Scotty is always on standby. Wedges usually a dependable 588 but have been experimenting with an Oil Can Vokey and will be experimenting with a gasp! Ping Eye 2 LW I found this week.

Edited by BIG STU
  • Like 2

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Well I am gaming the same driver I had when you played with me. Nothing can kick it out of the bag---- Irons I rotate out between my Macs and the KZG CBs . Only thing is now I sorta ditched the long irons and am carrying 2 hybrids now well you know I am getting older. Putters LOL I change putters like a lady of the evening changes drawers. Right now I am using an old Wilson 6oo forged but the rusty Scotty is always on standby. 

Those old Macs will be there forever!  There is something about hybrids.  I am starting to like them more and more.  I am thinking about tinkering this summer with my long game.  Need some practice time to get it worked out.  But looking at maybe adding another hybrid.  You'll have to toss that Frankenscotty in the bag when I'm back down there.  How many putters are on the rotation right now?  I would be leaving putts short for days with that Wilson 600

  • Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can’t remember the last time I did one of these but rest assured my bag itself and mostly everything in it has changed.  So to kick off 2020, here’s a WITB: Sunday bag edition.
Jones Collegiate Bag circa ~2000
Driver:  Ping G400, Aldila RIP Alpha
Hybrid: Nike Covert 2.0, Kuro Kage Black
Irons: Wilson D7, DG AMT
Wedge: Ping Glide ES 56*
Putter: Evnroll ER2
All of these are considerably skilled at losing Bridgestone BXS, Skycaddie SX400 tells me how far it is to the hazards.
E0F35193-A28A-4E84-9520-8295DF408D97.thumb.jpeg.1b08923fd0d91471e8486ce9c28e7b6e.jpeg
 

LH D7! They do exist


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 9:00 PM, sirchunksalot said:

That's a good looking bag!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

The clubs may be very good, but the bag? C'Mon Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rickp said:


LH D7! They do existemoji106.png


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

They do indeed! Heck of a good iron, too! Did I see somewhere that you were looking at them?

  • Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

The clubs may be very good, but the bag? C'Mon Man

You’re right.  The bag is perfection.  😎

  • Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great setup brother, love that bag

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app


WITB:

 

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 & 4 hybrids regular shafts 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They do indeed! Heck of a good iron, too! Did I see somewhere that you were looking at them?

Yup another thread. LH Equipment is even more scarce in FL than it was in CT.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...