TESTERS WANTED! ×

Iron Shaft recommendation

Tsecor

As my swing speed starts to slow down and i do not swing it with as much torque as I used to, what would be a good lighter shaft to look at? My current shaft is a DG S400 TI. I like the stability of it, but i think id like a lighter shaft that is just as stable and not whippy. Any thoughts?  Im going to move from a 712 CB to the T100-S or Z785 irons this spring 

Golf is cool

Impossible for anyone to recommend a shaft that will fit you properly.

However, if you are looking for a great feeling iron shaft that is much smoother than the S400, check out something made by nippon.  Tons of weight options and they tend to make some of the smoothest feeling steel shafts in the business.  I believe the Modus 120 is sock in the Srixon 785s.

All depends on how you load/unload, tempo, sw speed, etc.

I was recently fit into these and really like them - https://www.truetemper.com/products/project-x-lz-steel/

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I would definitely take a look at the Steelfiber shafts. Plenty of stability and feel is awesome. 

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

53 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Impossible for anyone to recommend a shaft that will fit you properly.

However, if you are looking for a great feeling iron shaft that is much smoother than the S400, check out something made by nippon.  Tons of weight options and they tend to make some of the smoothest feeling steel shafts in the business.  I believe the Modus 120 is sock in the Srixon 785s.

This x100. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Again on the fitting train, but makes such a world of difference.  From my experience.  Nippon Modus is among the smoothest/stable and great feel of shaft I've ever tried.  My numbers were not as good with them or else they'd be in the bag because the feel was certainly better.  Project X rifle shaft is a very stable shaft as well, but always felt they had some heft to them and a bit "boardy".

Dynamic Gold will give you the stability, but tend to lack some of the feel in my opinion.  Lastly the C Taper lite shafts could be a nice option you since you want something lighter.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2020 at 9:12 AM, Tsecor said:

As my swing speed starts to slow down and i do not swing it with as much torque as I used to, what would be a good lighter shaft to look at? My current shaft is a DG S400 TI. I like the stability of it, but i think id like a lighter shaft that is just as stable and not whippy. Any thoughts?  Im going to move from a 712 CB to the T100-S or Z785 irons this spring 

The DG S400 weighs 134g and is on the heaviest side of the scale. If your losing speed and having trouble loading the shaft maybe try the nippon 125s it is a stout shaft like the DGTI but 10g lighter... the modus 120s weighs 113.9 but might feel different in a good way... depending on your age maybe look into the Mitsubishi MMT iron shafts... graphite is easier on the body among many other benefits. I just demoed the MMT in 125 TX and really liked it and it also comes in 105... as far as irons go if your coming from blades you will like the look of the t-100’s... it’s what I game.  You can’t tell the difference at address between the t-100 or the 620mb until maybe 6i in my opinion... hope this helps!

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

10 hours ago, Brandon M said:

The DG S400 weighs 134g and is on the heaviest side of the scale. If your losing speed and having trouble loading the shaft maybe try the nippon 125s it is a stout shaft like the DGTI but 10g lighter... the modus 120s weighs 113.9 but might feel different in a good way... depending on your age maybe look into the Mitsubishi MMT iron shafts... graphite is easier on the body among many other benefits. I just demoed the MMT in 125 TX and really liked it and it also comes in 105... as far as irons go if your coming from blades you will like the look of the t-100’s... it’s what I game.  You can’t tell the difference at address between the t-100 or the 620mb until maybe 6i in my opinion... hope this helps!

sweet post!...thanks. as soojn as i can get to a fitter, ill check those shafts out.   How do you like the T100?   ill be coming from a 712CB

Golf is cool

2 hours ago, Tsecor said:

sweet post!...thanks. as soojn as i can get to a fitter, ill check those shafts out.   How do you like the T100?   ill be coming from a 712CB

For some reason I read MB... The T-100 will go a little further than your 712CB, but as far as irons go there is a reason they are in the top iron count every week on tour. Feel is good, but the retention on ball speed when you miss hit is fantastic. There are other clubs that will go longer like the Srixon Ping or PXG, but I do not care about an extra 8 yards of carry because of stronger loft. The spin is fantastic. If you work the ball left/right which I personally only do a little of they are super easy to do it with. I do work my flight up and down though and I have never had a club that I can drop stingers or ballon up on control. Plus they look fantastic. These will be in my bag till I wear them out. 

53 minutes ago, Brandon M said:

For some reason I read MB... The T-100 will go a little further than your 712CB, but as far as irons go there is a reason they are in the top iron count every week on tour. Feel is good, but the retention on ball speed when you miss hit is fantastic. There are other clubs that will go longer like the Srixon Ping or PXG, but I do not care about an extra 8 yards of carry because of stronger loft. The spin is fantastic. If you work the ball left/right which I personally only do a little of they are super easy to do it with. I do work my flight up and down though and I have never had a club that I can drop stingers or ballon up on control. Plus they look fantastic. These will be in my bag till I wear them out. 

The bolder part may or may not be true. The t100 could have similar lofts to clubs from those brands or may even be stronger. I know the z forged and t100s are close if not the same. The pxg 0311st are weaker. Nitpicking I know but that statement is very broad. Also some people may need stronger lofts to help with spin and or launch angle which is why titleist came out to with the 100-s to meet needs of customers who wanted/liked the 100 but spin was too high.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

40 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The bolder part may or may not be true. The t100 could have similar lofts to clubs from those brands or may even be stronger. I know the z forged and t100s are close if not the same. The pxg 0311st are weaker. Nitpicking I know but that statement is very broad. Also some people may need stronger lofts to help with spin and or launch angle which is why titleist came out to with the 100-s to meet needs of customers who wanted/liked the 100 but spin was too high.

I was refering to clubs in the same "players cavity irons" category. The PXG 0311T 7i is 32deg and the 0311 ST blade is 33 deg same goes for the Ping i210 at 32deg. The srixon Z785 is 33deg and by the way the Z Forged is also 33 deg. So literally every club I mentioned from any of the manufactures have a stronger loft.  We were not even talking about blades to begin with so not sure why you are nitpicking since the t-100 7i loft is 34deg. This next part is take verbatum from the titleist website... "The fully-forged construction of T100•S, with 2° of stronger loft than our T100 Irons, creates a solid, consistently controllable club that delivers the exact performance, and greater distance, better players demand. Designed to give better players the distance they need to score lower." They say nothing about launch angle or spin reduction and from the marketing mumbo jumbo it speaks the t-100s is for someone who strikes the ball well but does not need nor want the the look of the T-200 but may need some distance help that the t-200 would provide. In regards to fitting however yes people adjust lofts to alter flight characteristics but most good fitters will test many other variables first before reducing the bounce of the leading edge. a simple golf ball change can reduce spin and flight... So before nitpicking and saying things may or may not be true... double check your facts. 

3 hours ago, Brandon M said:

I was refering to clubs in the same "players cavity irons" category. The PXG 0311T 7i is 32deg and the 0311 ST blade is 33 deg same goes for the Ping i210 at 32deg. The srixon Z785 is 33deg and by the way the Z Forged is also 33 deg. So literally every club I mentioned from any of the manufactures have a stronger loft.  We were not even talking about blades to begin with so not sure why you are nitpicking since the t-100 7i loft is 34deg. This next part is take verbatum from the titleist website... "The fully-forged construction of T100•S, with 2° of stronger loft than our T100 Irons, creates a solid, consistently controllable club that delivers the exact performance, and greater distance, better players demand. Designed to give better players the distance they need to score lower." They say nothing about launch angle or spin reduction and from the marketing mumbo jumbo it speaks the t-100s is for someone who strikes the ball well but does not need nor want the the look of the T-200 but may need some distance help that the t-200 would provide. In regards to fitting however yes people adjust lofts to alter flight characteristics but most good fitters will test many other variables first before reducing the bounce of the leading edge. a simple golf ball change can reduce spin and flight... So before nitpicking and saying things may or may not be true... double check your facts. 

Thanks for clarifying what your statement was referring to. A 1* difference in loft between t100 those irons mentioned isn’t going to give somebody 8 yards more at most it’s a 3 yard gain.

In interviews and press release the titlest folks had stated that during fittings and testing on tour golfers were getting fit to the t-100 but having them bent strong for distance preference or for better launch. So seeing the need for an iron that fits in the players distance category and give players the look they wanted they came out with this line. When they redesigned the t100-s they took into account the change in loft and the affect on bounce. They also changed the cg. While they maintain the the name of the t100 they have a different profile and aren’t considered in the players cavity anymore per titleist. 

11 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Thanks for clarifying what your statement was referring to. A 1* difference in loft between t100 those irons mentioned isn’t going to give somebody 8 yards more at most it’s a 3 yard gain.

In interviews and press release the titlest folks had stated that during fittings and testing on tour golfers were getting fit to the t-100 but having them bent strong for distance preference or for better launch. So seeing the need for an iron that fits in the players distance category and give players the look they wanted they came out with this line. When they redesigned the t100-s they took into account the change in loft and the affect on bounce. They also changed the cg. While they maintain the the name of the t100 they have a different profile and aren’t considered in the players cavity anymore per titleist. 

I would say you are correct on the single degree but 2 deg is about a half club depending on your gaps. while that may larger or smaller depending on your ball speed output. Thanks for link and I would agree they would be players distance, but as it feels like to me the new norm for "players" clubs seems to be creeping stronger and stronger in lofts... However I would love to have a set of T-100s to compare side by side with my T-100 and see what my ball flights were like and if I scored lowered Id move over

9 hours ago, Brandon M said:

I would say you are correct on the single degree but 2 deg is about a half club depending on your gaps. while that may larger or smaller depending on your ball speed output. Thanks for link and I would agree they would be players distance, but as it feels like to me the new norm for "players" clubs seems to be creeping stronger and stronger in lofts... However I would love to have a set of T-100s to compare side by side with my T-100 and see what my ball flights were like and if I scored lowered Id move over

I agree 2* would be about 1/2 a club if not a little more in e longer irons as those tend to be 3* gaps more so than 4* (this is of course depending on type of club), but your initial post was talking t100 vs those other brands which the t100 has 34* 7i and 2 of the clubs you mentioned have 33*. 

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I agree 2* would be about 1/2 a club if not a little more in e longer irons as those tend to be 3* gaps more so than 4* (this is of course depending on type of club), but your initial post was talking t100 vs those other brands which the t100 has 34* 7i and 2 of the clubs you mentioned have 33*. 

I was just using the 7i for gap deference since most people are similar with lofts of 7i in various clubs. Depending on the OEM they usally go 4 deg from there 3 deg in long and maybe 5 deg in PW area. What I was saying was that the T-100 lofts are more traditional compared to the others they were comparing which is what you said may or may not be true which at this point I think we can agree the T-100 have the weakest lofts out of all the clubs discussed. Of course other factors going into club gaps such as ball choice shaft choice length of club and a few other factors... I feel that ball choice is one thing people overlook in gapping their clubs. They go and hit range balls and don't consider the environment or they go to the fitter and gap on a launch monitor and dont use their gammer ball... Regardless of Club choice ball fitting I feel is the only way to get true gaps. Titleist does their fitting thursdays once the pandemic subsides and they have ProV1 & ProV1x for you to hit when they are at a big box store.     

36 minutes ago, Brandon M said:

I was just using the 7i for gap deference since most people are similar with lofts of 7i in various clubs. Depending on the OEM they usally go 4 deg from there 3 deg in long and maybe 5 deg in PW area. What I was saying was that the T-100 lofts are more traditional compared to the others they were comparing which is what you said may or may not be true which at this point I think we can agree the T-100 have the weakest lofts out of all the clubs discussed. Of course other factors going into club gaps such as ball choice shaft choice length of club and a few other factors... I feel that ball choice is one thing people overlook in gapping their clubs. They go and hit range balls and don't consider the environment or they go to the fitter and gap on a launch monitor and dont use their gammer ball... Regardless of Club choice ball fitting I feel is the only way to get true gaps. Titleist does their fitting thursdays once the pandemic subsides and they have ProV1 & ProV1x for you to hit when they are at a big box store.     

We are on the same page. With the number of people that read mgs I was trying to get points you had made clarified so that anyone coming in that may not be as informed on certain aspects had the full picture.

i agree ball choice and/or fitting is overlooked. I read a couple forums and am in a couple Facebook groups and questions about balls come up all the time and people look at one aspect of a ball to try and find their ball of choice. Some it’s price, some it distance, some is spin.  I’ve done the bridgestone in person one several times and the results haven’t met me down when i played the recommendation but like many other OEMs that have started ball fittings everything is based off driver. I think titleist fittings mirror their TPI ball fitting in using partial wedges, irons and woods to get the ball. 

i prefer to do on course comparisons when thinking of a new ball or upgrading from one model release to the next like when prov comes out and that’s usually the recommendation I give or see others give, take whatever balls one has interest in and work from green to tee. Some may be better in one area than others and the person has to find the one that is best overall and not just at one aspect. 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

We are on the same page. With the number of people that read mgs I was trying to get points you had made clarified so that anyone coming in that may not be as informed on certain aspects had the full picture.

i agree ball choice and/or fitting is overlooked. I read a couple forums and am in a couple Facebook groups and questions about balls come up all the time and people look at one aspect of a ball to try and find their ball of choice. Some it’s price, some it distance, some is spin.  I’ve done the bridgestone in person one several times and the results haven’t met me down when i played the recommendation but like many other OEMs that have started ball fittings everything is based off driver. I think titleist fittings mirror their TPI ball fitting in using partial wedges, irons and woods to get the ball. 

i prefer to do on course comparisons when thinking of a new ball or upgrading from one model release to the next like when prov comes out and that’s usually the recommendation I give or see others give, take whatever balls one has interest in and work from green to tee. Some may be better in one area than others and the person has to find the one that is best overall and not just at one aspect. 

I understand now what you mean about painting a better picture for others... I made a bad assumption that everyone just kind of knows specs like I do so I apologize if I seemed rude, but thank you for being patient and going back and forth with me...

OEM's are pushing balls hard in the marketing arena because its the only constant revenue stream like blades to a razor... Balls eventually wear out (if only we were all that good) they get lost hit cart paths, or a number of other things... And its a shame all the fittings they do are based only off a driver... but the goal is to make money first and distance sells...

I did my own fitting for a ball since nobody offered it by me... I purchased a sleeve of every tour quality ball on the MGS ball test and found a place that would let me rent a trackman by the hour and emailed me the data too... I came down to the Snell MTB-X and ProV1x and I actually went with the snell at first because the performance on course was almost 100% identical and cost so much less... However during the test round I was on a short par 3 and took a full GW into it and the ProV1x stuck with 6ft for a great chance at bird (missed it)... Then the snell... ball took off and then just dove left and rolled out to the back of the green... when I picked it up the ball was toast as my wedge has chewed it up the next hole confirmed it as it went all over the place and the ProV1x flew perfectly... Only played 9 and went to a 9 hole par 3 course... used the same ProV1 all day and chewed through almost 3/4 of the box of snell... Snell was great of the tee and with irons, but once we got to the wedges the quality just could not hold up. For me the cost per ball was so much higher with the snell it was an easy choice....

Its like a car in that there are so many important pieces that get over looked but if one is out of sync the whole car can perform at its best... Club head/shaft/ball/the golfer all make up the car and if its not running right take it for a tune up in the form of instruction!

14 minutes ago, Brandon M said:

I understand now what you mean about painting a better picture for others... I made a bad assumption that everyone just kind of knows specs like I do so I apologize if I seemed rude, but thank you for being patient and going back and forth with me...

OEM's are pushing balls hard in the marketing arena because its the only constant revenue stream like blades to a razor... Balls eventually wear out (if only we were all that good) they get lost hit cart paths, or a number of other things... And its a shame all the fittings they do are based only off a driver... but the goal is to make money first and distance sells...

I did my own fitting for a ball since nobody offered it by me... I purchased a sleeve of every tour quality ball on the MGS ball test and found a place that would let me rent a trackman by the hour and emailed me the data too... I came down to the Snell MTB-X and ProV1x and I actually went with the snell at first because the performance on course was almost 100% identical and cost so much less... However during the test round I was on a short par 3 and took a full GW into it and the ProV1x stuck with 6ft for a great chance at bird (missed it)... Then the snell... ball took off and then just dove left and rolled out to the back of the green... when I picked it up the ball was toast as my wedge has chewed it up the next hole confirmed it as it went all over the place and the ProV1x flew perfectly... Only played 9 and went to a 9 hole par 3 course... used the same ProV1 all day and chewed through almost 3/4 of the box of snell... Snell was great of the tee and with irons, but once we got to the wedges the quality just could not hold up. For me the cost per ball was so much higher with the snell it was an easy choice....

Its like a car in that there are so many important pieces that get over looked but if one is out of sync the whole car can perform at its best... Club head/shaft/ball/the golfer all make up the car and if its not running right take it for a tune up in the form of instruction!

All good. Don’t think you were rude so don’t worry about that, it was a good back and forth getting to the finer details. 

• 3 weeks later...

I play 714 AP2 with 6.0 Project X shaft - 4 through Gap Wedge. Finding I've lost distance with Gap Wedge and thinking to change out to Titleist Wedge Flex. 

Any thoughts about changing Gap Wedge shaft to Titleist Wedge Flex shaft (S200)

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I play 714 AP2 with 6.0 Project X shaft - 4 through Gap Wedge. Finding I've lost distance with Gap Wedge and thinking to change out to Titleist Wedge Flex. 
 Any thoughts about changing Gap Wedge shaft to Titleist Wedge Flex shaft (S200)

If you have lost distance on one club but not the others it is more likely that you need to check loft and lie.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Will do, haven't checked the loft in a while! Found by 54 degree wedge with Titleist Wedge Flex almost same distance as Gap. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guests
Guest Delete
On 2/10/2020 at 7:12 AM, Tsecor said:

I found a lot of the stock shaft offerings are paired with the type of player. For instance the Ping G710 is a hot face club for slow and inconsistent swingers so the shafts are light. Similarly the CF16 Apex irons were paired with xp95 shafts and the pros were heavier. 

All this to say, lighter is easier to swing. The DG S300/400 shafts are heavy to me so when I switched to lighter 110-115 g shafts it just felt right. 

When you get fit, try both the T100 and T300 because the T300 might be closer to the CB clubs you have. 

Back to your question, the lighter shafts from KBS and Modus are great.

Remember, flex is flex and weight is weight. Flex is speed and transition. Weight is timing and control. 

10 hours ago, TimoTe said:

I found a lot of the stock shaft offerings are paired with the type of player. For instance the Ping G710 is a hot face club for slow and inconsistent swingers so the shafts are light. Similarly the CF16 Apex irons were paired with xp95 shafts and the pros were heavier. 

All this to say, lighter is easier to swing. The DG S300/400 shafts are heavy to me so when I switched to lighter 110-115 g shafts it just felt right. 

When you get fit, try both the T100 and T300 because the T300 might be closer to the CB clubs you have. 

Back to your question, the lighter shafts from KBS and Modus are great.

Remember, flex is flex and weight is weight. Flex is speed and transition. Weight is timing and control. 

Flex isnt necessarily speed although speed can have an influence in the flex. Flex is about the ability of a shaft to bend and the type of swing you have, smooth, quick, fast, slow which would relate to the transition part you mention. 

Weight and to an extent torque are more important than flex. 

Flex isnt necessarily speed although speed can have an influence in the flex. Flex is about the ability of a shaft to bend and the type of swing you have, smooth, quick, fast, slow which would relate to the transition part you mention. 

Weight and to an extent torque are more important than flex. 

Exactly. I watch a video the other day where they fit a slow swing speed senior player into an X flex shaft because it provided him more control and he consistently hit the center of the face. With the expected flex he was all over the face and had inconsistent results. Sometimes you just have to throw logic out the window.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Exactly. I watch a video the other day where they fit a slow swing speed senior player into an X flex shaft because it provided him more control and he consistently hit the center of the face. With the expected flex he was all over the face and had inconsistent results. Sometimes you just have to throw logic out the window.

Iirc @Golfspy_CG2 was fit into a stiff flex shaft for similar reason with one of his many drivers. 

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Iirc @Golfspy_CG2 was fit into a stiff flex shaft for similar reason with one of his many drivers. 

I see what you did there 🙂

But yes, you are correct, I had "fit myself" into a Senior Flex because I was older and lost swing speed, the fitter took one look at me and asked very nicely, who the hell put you in a senior flex.  I had to bow my head and fess up.   So I went from a Sr. Flex at 45g to a Stiff at 55g and the difference was only about a gain of 17 yards and much straighter.  So yeah, one size doesn't fit all 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12