TESTERS WANTED! ×

KBS TGI-Graphite Shafts

Golfspy_CG2

I have to say, I have been jonesing for these shafts since the 2019 PGA Show when I hit them in some irons at Demo Day.   They were just phenomenal feeling.  During this past summer, to truly get a better feel for them, I ordered a single Apex 7 iron from Callaway with the shaft in it, to really have time with it to make sure it was a shaft i liked.   I still had the love for it that I first experienced at the PGA Show.

Now moving on, some of you know I was fit for T300 irons last fall at TPI.  What most of you don't know is I had the opportunity the day before my TPI visit to visit the new KBS Experiece.  A combination retail store and fitting center, with all things KBS and even draft beer on tap!   You can see some pictures from that visit Here    Now I didn't go through a full fitting there, but knowing I was going to be fit for most likely the T300 the next day, and knowing Titleist doesn't currently offer it as a custom option, the guys at KBS gladly put together a T300 head with a couple different TGI shafts.   The TGI 80 worked very well for me in all aspects, distance, most importantly flight dispersion and height. 

So I got back home, the season was pretty much over and had surgery and knew I wouldn't even be thinking about hitting any clubs until well into January.  I ordered the T300 with the stock Tensei Blue, which was what was best for me out of the options that day at the TPI fitting.   Once they arrived, I took a day to take in the excitement of new irons, and then immediately shipped them off to KBS to have my long awaited TGI shafts put in. 

What better news to see on a Monday than the Fed Ex truck pull up with a very cool long box.  Inside was a full set of TGI 80 shafts in brand new T300 that have yet to have the misfortune of striking a golf ball by me.    I'm sure both the clubs and shafts would be better served in a more skilled players hands, but it is what it is, and you'll get to here the experiences of your affable if not scratch golfer CG2. 

Initially I've got some unboxing photos to share.  They unfortunately arrived on a wet and cool day, so no real opportunity to get them on the course.  Will definitely try and get some Trackman time with them this week if the weather improves a bit. 

And while this thread will be mostly about the shafts and their performance, I'd be remiss not to show off at least 1 in the bag picture of the irons.   I must stay they look pretty darn good for a GI iron. 

TGI Shafts Box (2).jpg

TG! Shafts 1.jpg

T300 2.jpg

T300 Bag 1.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

EYE CANDY !!  🤩

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

EYE CANDY !!  🤩

I gotta admit, I love the black and red shaft look with the black and red grips, and yes that was intentional!   If only the T300 came in black heads 😛

I've been gaming the KBS TGI 70 shafts on my Apex CF-19's for almost a year now and absolutely love them.  Very consistent feel to them throughout my irons.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I've been gaming the KBS TGI 70 shafts on my Apex CF-19's for almost a year now and absolutely love them.  Very consistent feel to them throughout my irons.

Cool! Yes, the consistency is one of the key things I noticed During my demo at KBS. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 11:23 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I have to say, I have been jonesing for these shafts since the 2019 PGA Show when I hit them in some irons at Demo Day.   They were just phenomenal feeling.  During this past summer, to truly get a better feel for them, I ordered a single Apex 7 iron from Callaway with the shaft in it, to really have time with it to make sure it was a shaft i liked.   I still had the love for it that I first experienced at the PGA Show.

Now moving on, some of you know I was fit for T300 irons last fall at TPI.  What most of you don't know is I had the opportunity the day before my TPI visit to visit the new KBS Experiece.  A combination retail store and fitting center, with all things KBS and even draft beer on tap!   You can see some pictures from that visit Here    Now I didn't go through a full fitting there, but knowing I was going to be fit for most likely the T300 the next day, and knowing Titleist doesn't currently offer it as a custom option, the guys at KBS gladly put together a T300 head with a couple different TGI shafts.   The TGI 80 worked very well for me in all aspects, distance, most importantly flight dispersion and height. 

So I got back home, the season was pretty much over and had surgery and knew I wouldn't even be thinking about hitting any clubs until well into January.  I ordered the T300 with the stock Tensei Blue, which was what was best for me out of the options that day at the TPI fitting.   Once they arrived, I took a day to take in the excitement of new irons, and then immediately shipped them off to KBS to have my long awaited TGI shafts put in. 

What better news to see on a Monday than the Fed Ex truck pull up with a very cool long box.  Inside was a full set of TGI 80 shafts in brand new T300 that have yet to have the misfortune of striking a golf ball by me.    I'm sure both the clubs and shafts would be better served in a more skilled players hands, but it is what it is, and you'll get to here the experiences of your affable if not scratch golfer CG2. 

Initially I've got some unboxing photos to share.  They unfortunately arrived on a wet and cool day, so no real opportunity to get them on the course.  Will definitely try and get some Trackman time with them this week if the weather improves a bit. 

And while this thread will be mostly about the shafts and their performance, I'd be remiss not to show off at least 1 in the bag picture of the irons.   I must stay they look pretty darn good for a GI iron. 

TGI Shafts Box (2).jpg

TG! Shafts 1.jpg

T300 2.jpg

T300 Bag 1.jpg

This is a great looking set. I just bought the KBS TD driver shaft and it is great. I am not thinking about these. I looks like they are weighted different depending on flex. So the highest weight is the 110G and looks like it would be their X flex is that correct? 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

This is a great looking set. I just bought the KBS TD driver shaft and it is great. I am not thinking about these. I looks like they are weighted different depending on flex. So the highest weight is the 110G and looks like it would be their X flex is that correct? 

I would love to try the TD shaft. I love the KBS shafts and based on descriptions sound like a good fit
for me. Just too cheap to spend that money without going through a fitting which would just increase the cost more.

Based on the info on the iron shafts they do rate the weight by 6 iron swingsoeed so it does appear the 110 is X.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I've been playing the SGI Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged irons 6-P2 for a couple of years now with the stock Nippon NS Pro Zelos 8 steel shafts.  I never thought I would go back to steel shafts at my age, but I have no problem with them (when I make a good swing...lol).  Yes, they have jacked lofts; the 6i is 24º, and I've gotten past the looks.  When I play off a tee on a par 3, the ball launches pretty high compared to my normal shot.  I have two holes at my course where a long iron off the tee is my preferred shot, but my 6i is a bit short, depending on the wind direction.  

Soooo, Bridgestone had a Tour B HF1 5i on sale that could be custom ordered.  I need a flatter lie angle than stock anyway (I've had my irons adjusted locally), and I could  choose from a selection of shafts.  My new 5i is on it's way with a KBS TGI 90 shaft.  It should be perfect for those two holes, and although I never use anything off the tee but driver for par 4 and 5 holes, it might be a driving iron alternative.  What I don't know is whether it might replace my 5H.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

46 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I would love to try the TD shaft. I love the KBS shafts and based on descriptions sound like a good fit
for me. Just too cheap to spend that money without going through a fitting which would just increase the cost more.

Based on the info on the iron shafts they do rate the weight by 6 iron swingsoeed so it does appear the 110 is X.

The TD is an amazing shaft. It is unlike anything I have tried before. It is both very stable and active. It is the opposite of counter balanced. I had to figure out how to remove head weight on my SIM to get the swing weight to D3. So if you are playing something like a G410 that are on the heavy side you may have to work a bit to get it to swing weight. It is very mid launch and low spin which is perfect for me. 

I am really enjoying it. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0