Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

XXIO

fixyurdivot

My wife (non golfer) was watching a little of the ATT Pebble Beach with me yesterday.  I chuckle when she'll say things like "ohh, that was terrible" as a 12 foot putt slides just off the edge of the cup and travels a foot past.  If she only knew 😆.  Anyway, I digress.  While watching, we saw the latest XXIO commercial with all the glitzy looking people, with perfect white smiles, playing a round after disembarking from their shiny vintage twin airplane.  I was half expecting it to be an ad for mens aftershave. My wife asked if I looked at those clubs (as part of my recent iron fittings and purchase).  I responded no and that I really don't know anything about this company or its products.  

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=xxio+commercial&docid=607993748838681390&mid=A0C1EA10ECF796BCB0A4A0C1EA10ECF796BCB0A4&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

That prompted a little research and I'll be dang if MGS (John Barba) didn't come through yet again!  I had know idea they were part of Dunlop Sports who also owns Srixon and Cleveland.

https://mygolfspy.com/srixon-cleveland-the-5-5-million-man/

https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-2019-xxio-prime/

https://mygolfspy.com/xxio-the-gray-pxg/

From the articles it appears they are targeting a very select, niche market... way more so than PXG who at least makes tour played clubs.  I just can't imagine this business model being profitable - you?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

My wife (non golfer) was watching a little of the ATT Pebble Beach with me yesterday.  I chuckle when she'll say things like "ohh, that was terrible" as a 12 foot putt slides just off the edge of the cup and travels a foot past.  If she only knew .  Anyway, I digress.  While watching, we saw the latest XXIO commercial with all the glitzy looking people, with perfect white smiles, playing a round after disembarking from their shiny vintage twin airplane.  I was half expecting it to be an ad for mens aftershave. My wife asked if I looked at those clubs (as part of my recent iron fittings and purchase).  I responded no and that I really don't know anything about this company or its products.  
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=xxio+commercial&docid=607993748838681390&mid=A0C1EA10ECF796BCB0A4A0C1EA10ECF796BCB0A4&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
That prompted a little research and I'll be dang if MGS (John Barba) didn't come through yet again!  I had know idea they were part of Dunlop Sports who also owns Srixon and Cleveland.
https://mygolfspy.com/srixon-cleveland-the-5-5-million-man/
https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-2019-xxio-prime/
https://mygolfspy.com/xxio-the-gray-pxg/
From the articles it appears they are targeting a very select, niche market... way more so than PXG who at least makes tour played clubs.  I just can't imagine this business model being profitable - you?
My wife always says she could have made that one when they miss any putt. . I always laugh and say "sure you could!" Someday I'll get her to actually go golfing to show her how hard it is.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

XXIO has been in the most wanted testing for a few years now; and I think still sponsor Els.  Their target market is older slower swing speed players as most of their equipment is ultra light weight.  Nice stuff,  just doesn't perform well for higher swing speed players.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

At the price point they sell clubs and the volume they move I am sure they turn a nice profit. I think it is mandated at my club that once you turn 55 you have to play a full bag of XXIO clubs. Our pro sold 4 XXIO products for every one of all the other manufacturers the he carries combined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

1 hour ago, Jmikecpa said:

I think it is mandated at my club that once you turn 55 you have to play a full bag of XXIO clubs.

I take it you still have a few years left with the PXGs before having to make the switch? 😉  

I’m starting to think you guys are indirectly making fun of me. I love my XXIO driver. It’s light weight and 46” shaft allow me to swing it about 4 MPH faster than other drivers. I have a one way miss with it and although I try every year to get something else nothing has come close to beating it. My buddies don’t make fun of it because they are giving me hell about my Launcher irons.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I take it you still have a few years left with the PXGs before having to make the switch?   

Well over a decade until I hit the XXIO demographic. I did go lighter in the shafts for my driver and 3 wood for the new bag.

WITB 2024

3 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I’m starting to think you guys are indirectly making fun of me. I love my XXIO driver. It’s light weight and 46” shaft allow me to swing it about 4 MPH faster than other drivers. I have a one way miss with it and although I try every year to get something else nothing has come close to beating it. My buddies don’t make fun of it because they are giving me hell about my Launcher irons.

Absolutely not.  Go with whatever works and you like.  I just honestly know little about them and their ad's, which are definitely different, caught my eye.  

I haven’t seen the ads but the clubs are pricey. I went to a Srixon demo day and the Srixon guy tried like crazy to make the Srixon drivers work for me and he couldn’t. For the heck of it he handed me the XXIO and said try this and it was just a really good fit. I’ll admit if I didn’t have a large store credit I doubt I would have dropped that much on a stock driver.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

And not one bit. It has added a lot of enjoyment to the game for a lot of the guys at my club that benefit from that technology. This is great for me as it lets me get a game with a lot of guys that normally wouldn’t play in my foursome. Right now I am not at a point that the lighter weight helps me but getting closer to it every day.

WITB 2024