Sign in to follow this  
fixyurdivot

Tour Caddies

Our Sponsors

When I was volunteering at the Boeing Classic events we often rode in from the parking areas on the "caddies bus".  It was fun chatting with them and listening to them banter back n forth.  Some seemed all business and others like they were shaking off a night of excessive extracurricular activity.  I was looking for some info on Webb Simpson's caddy and came across this website.  I did not know there is an Association of Professional Tour Caddies.  If you click on their box it provides a little background on them.

https://theaptc.com/

My personal favorites are Mike "Fluff" Cowan (Tiger early years now Furyk) and Jim "Bones" MacKay (former Mickelson).  

Golf Digest created this list of GOAT's. For those in the modern era that I recall, hard to argue with them. 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/36-greatest-caddies-of-all-time

Who is your favorite?

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I've got two good friends who caddie on tour, well one has moved to the Champions Tour now.  They are both very professional and go about their jobs in different ways.  Just like you probably saw many of the guys on the bus being different.  The job has evolved over the last 20 to 30 years from being a rolling party drunk fest each week, now that  a lot of money is at stake each week it has become truly more of a profession than just a job toting the bag.   I always enjoy it when they are in town or I'm in their town and we get together and I get to hear some of the tour stories, about what really goes on out there both during and after rounds...ha

• Like 5

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

48 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I've got two good friends who caddie on tour, well one has moved to the Champions Tour now.  They are both very professional and go about their jobs in different ways.  Just like you probably saw many of the guys on the bus being different.  The job has evolved over the last 20 to 30 years from being a rolling party drunk fest each week, now that  a lot of money is at stake each week it has become truly more of a profession than just a job toting the bag.   I always enjoy it when they are in town or I'm in their town and we get together and I get to hear some of the tour stories, about what really goes on out there both during and after rounds...ha

I would love to be a fly on the wall 👂

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram

Waiting on my :cobra-small: SpeedZones

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    

:cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:

I would love to spend a day with a few caddies, just to know what their players like to have in order to be prepared for a tournament. 

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9* Project X Smoke Green 60 6.5

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Big Tour 13.5* Project X Smoke Yellow 70 6.5

Hybrids: :755178188_TourEdge: CB Pro U 17* Mitsubishi Kura Kage Silver 90X

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB/MB 3-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 52* and 58* Modus Tour 130 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

This is an interesting background and perspective.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter