Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tour Caddies

fixyurdivot

When I was volunteering at the Boeing Classic events we often rode in from the parking areas on the "caddies bus".  It was fun chatting with them and listening to them banter back n forth.  Some seemed all business and others like they were shaking off a night of excessive extracurricular activity.  I was looking for some info on Webb Simpson's caddy and came across this website.  I did not know there is an Association of Professional Tour Caddies.  If you click on their box it provides a little background on them.

https://theaptc.com/

My personal favorites are Mike "Fluff" Cowan (Tiger early years now Furyk) and Jim "Bones" MacKay (former Mickelson).  

Golf Digest created this list of GOAT's. For those in the modern era that I recall, hard to argue with them. 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/36-greatest-caddies-of-all-time

Who is your favorite?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I've got two good friends who caddie on tour, well one has moved to the Champions Tour now.  They are both very professional and go about their jobs in different ways.  Just like you probably saw many of the guys on the bus being different.  The job has evolved over the last 20 to 30 years from being a rolling party drunk fest each week, now that  a lot of money is at stake each week it has become truly more of a profession than just a job toting the bag.   I always enjoy it when they are in town or I'm in their town and we get together and I get to hear some of the tour stories, about what really goes on out there both during and after rounds...ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

48 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I've got two good friends who caddie on tour, well one has moved to the Champions Tour now.  They are both very professional and go about their jobs in different ways.  Just like you probably saw many of the guys on the bus being different.  The job has evolved over the last 20 to 30 years from being a rolling party drunk fest each week, now that  a lot of money is at stake each week it has become truly more of a profession than just a job toting the bag.   I always enjoy it when they are in town or I'm in their town and we get together and I get to hear some of the tour stories, about what really goes on out there both during and after rounds...ha

I would love to be a fly on the wall 👂

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

I would love to spend a day with a few caddies, just to know what their players like to have in order to be prepared for a tournament. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

This is an interesting background and perspective.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)