Sign in to follow this  
fixyurdivot

Tour Caddies

Our Sponsors

When I was volunteering at the Boeing Classic events we often rode in from the parking areas on the "caddies bus".  It was fun chatting with them and listening to them banter back n forth.  Some seemed all business and others like they were shaking off a night of excessive extracurricular activity.  I was looking for some info on Webb Simpson's caddy and came across this website.  I did not know there is an Association of Professional Tour Caddies.  If you click on their box it provides a little background on them.

https://theaptc.com/

My personal favorites are Mike "Fluff" Cowan (Tiger early years now Furyk) and Jim "Bones" MacKay (former Mickelson).  

Golf Digest created this list of GOAT's. For those in the modern era that I recall, hard to argue with them. 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/36-greatest-caddies-of-all-time

Who is your favorite?

I've got two good friends who caddie on tour, well one has moved to the Champions Tour now.  They are both very professional and go about their jobs in different ways.  Just like you probably saw many of the guys on the bus being different.  The job has evolved over the last 20 to 30 years from being a rolling party drunk fest each week, now that  a lot of money is at stake each week it has become truly more of a profession than just a job toting the bag.   I always enjoy it when they are in town or I'm in their town and we get together and I get to hear some of the tour stories, about what really goes on out there both during and after rounds...ha

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I've got two good friends who caddie on tour, well one has moved to the Champions Tour now.  They are both very professional and go about their jobs in different ways.  Just like you probably saw many of the guys on the bus being different.  The job has evolved over the last 20 to 30 years from being a rolling party drunk fest each week, now that  a lot of money is at stake each week it has become truly more of a profession than just a job toting the bag.   I always enjoy it when they are in town or I'm in their town and we get together and I get to hear some of the tour stories, about what really goes on out there both during and after rounds...ha

I would love to be a fly on the wall 👂

• Like 1

I would love to spend a day with a few caddies, just to know what their players like to have in order to be prepared for a tournament. 

• Like 1