TESTERS WANTED! ×

My simulator numbers

Reesedw

Father in law and I played on the simulator last weekend.. Once we finished I ahd about 10-15min to play.. I wanted to see what kind of driver numbers i am getting.. 

Here is what i was getting after about 15 balls.. 

Swing Speed (did not avg out but high was 106.8 low was 99.. ) avg 103.  Ball Speed Avg  149mph.  Smash Factor of 1.45. Launch angle of 14*. Spin  3300 RPM avg , for a avg carry 237, Avg total distance was 255..  

7 iron 167, 8 iron was going 155 which is about normal so the numbers were right where they should be know what I hit my irons.. 

I have no dilutions here, I know I need to get my spin down, But I do not think these are bad numbers, any thoughts?  

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Looks pretty good. Im around the same. About an iron shorter but my clubs may be a bit older (higher lofts too). My driver distance is the same.

At the end of the day, only matters if it goes straight....

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Are the irons carry or total? If carry I would think higher driver swing speed. I carry my 7 about 170 and driver is in the 105-110 range.

Ball shape with driver? Cut will have More spin. Also where you hit the face will impact spin. With 1.45 smash you are probably hitting close to the optimal spot.

Launch angle seems good. Spin is probably about 1000 too high. Angle of attack info would help to determine if that has influence on the increased spin. The 14* launch with a flat to down AoA will increase spin.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

With roughly an 8mph difference in high and low swing speed I’m betting you had spin that was high and low as well. That’s a lot of inconsistency in swings over 15 balls. The smash 1.45 might be a pre programmed value as many sims/monitors have some preprogrammed value for each club.

and avg of 149 ball speed with a 14* launch And spin of 3k+ you will lose distance. You are giving up probably 10 yards or so on avg carry.

as cnosil mentions seeing angle of attack and land angle would be helpful.

it would be helpful as well to see that data for every shot.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Over the 15 balls I had 1 at 99, which was not a good solid strike.. 1 at 106.8 but the rest were pretty consistant in the 102-105 range.. with the 99 being the only one lower.. 

as for as AOA it probably showed it but i was not used to just looking at data and didn't see it right off hand.. As far as spin I had 1 with 5200rpm and 1 in the 2500 range.. but they were all pretty consistant.. Ball flight was slight draw or straight with most and just a few with a slight fade.. not big hooks or slices.. when i say slight all would have stayed in most fairways, off line less then 15 yards either way...  direction wise I am very happy,..    This was on a E6 fullswing Simulator..  https://e6golf.com/  

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Any discussion about iron distances most also include your irons specific loft and model as well. Often times one mans 7 iron is equal to another’s 5 iron.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

With roughly an 8mph difference in high and low swing speed I’m betting you had spin that was high and low as well. That’s a lot of inconsistency in swings over 15 balls. The smash 1.45 might be a pre programmed value as many sims/monitors have some preprogrammed value for each club.

and avg of 149 ball speed with a 14* launch And spin of 3k+ you will lose distance. You are giving up probably 10 yards or so on avg carry.

as cnosil mentions seeing angle of attack and land angle would be helpful.

it would be helpful as well to see that data for every shot.

Bingo. 

Unless you are using a trackman or a Foresight w/ face dots, the swing speed is merely a calculation based on preset smash factor.  Therefore, the only reason you swing speed appears to being jumping around is because your ball speed was jumping around (due to variances in quality of strike).

e6 is merely the simulator software, not the launch monitor being used to measure the inputs.

Unless you were using GC2, GCQuad, Trackman or Flight Scope, I would not really take any of what you saw on the simulator at face value.

Most golf simulators that don't use true golf launch monitors for their inputs are more about having fun than actually having accurate numbers.