TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Genesis Invitational

Shankster

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

Max Homa and Scott Brown...love seeing these guys at the top of the leaderboard. 

Did you see them? I didn't. The coverage today was abysmal, and that's saying something. Beautiful course like that and you can't just let it be the star.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

A mate of mine works for Titleist Australia and has met him a few times. Says he is a really nice bloke, no hint of a big head.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

A mate of mine works for Titleist Australia and has met him a few times. Says he is a really nice bloke, no hint of a big head.

He does come across as a nice guy and family man.
OK, now I’ll like him

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

He does come across as a nice guy and family man.
OK, now I’ll like himemoji16.png

Other than being jealous I like him too... But seriously he has really struggled with the putter like so many do. But there is no doubt he is one of the most talented golfers on the planet.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Did you see them? I didn't. The coverage today was abysmal, and that's saying something. Beautiful course like that and you can't just let it be the star.

I swear, CBS pays Nantz by the word.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I swear, CBS pays Nantz by the word.

Agree, Nantz can be annoying.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I don't want to get lost in another "coverage take" black hole but CBS has lost its way.  That was an amazing tournament made almost unwatchable by the telecast.  One could easily predict the direction the coverage would take by simply following a handful of Twitter accounts!  The number of errors within the broadcast yesterday led to Golf Digest writing a lengthy piece today.  CBS is brutal!

I often wonder how much "pocket change" the cameramen are slipped when they zoom on the golf ball showing its brand??  Seems like I saw more closeups of golf balls  this week then at other times. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I have to write a paper next week on how social media has changed our lives. I’m on the other side of the Spectrum, I wish it would go away.

I don’t follow any of what I think in my opinion to be parody accounts. I’m glad that people get some entertainment value out of it, but I can’t stand any of it.

Probably a topic for a different thread. I’ll edit my paper and post it somewhere maybe.

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I have to write a paper next week on how social media has changed our lives. I’m on the other side of the Spectrum, I wish it would go away.

I don’t follow any of what I think in my opinion to be parody accounts. I’m glad that people get some entertainment value out of it, but I can’t stand any of it.

Probably a topic for a different thread. I’ll edit my paper and post it somewhere maybe.

Alan, what I find interesting is that my kids (millennials) are abandoning it and Facebook in particular because of wasted time and privacy issues. Perhaps a chapter in your paper on the future of it related to those elements? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Social media is the toilet of the internet.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

What?  No mention of Tiger?  OK, I'l start...  

For some reason Tiger doesn't play well at Riviera.  I guess that's why he skipped this event for most of his career.  

After two events this year Tiger is worn out and will now skip the WGC Mexico.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Coverage of Tiger at +7 was more camera worthy - apparently.  Having only TGC, I lost my coverage early into the round (they switched to The Chubb).  I love the Champions Tour, so that's fine.  Nice win for Adam.  Hard to believe it has been 4 years since his last win because his name is so often on the first page on Sundays.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

52 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I have been contemplating taking the "flip phone challenge" for some time now.  Deactivate social media and go back to a flip phone with no internet access. 

14 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I have been contemplating taking the "flip phone challenge" for some time now.  Deactivate social media and go back to a flip phone with no internet access. 

I wouldn't lie about this.   This is actually my Fiance's phone.  And the funny thing is, she bought it about 2 years ago when she accidentally washed her Pantech flip phone in her jeans...ha   BTW, she has no personal email account, no SM accounts what so ever, and only uses a credit card over the phone with like two or three merchants.   We literally live in the house but two different universes....ha

Nokia Flip Phone.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Alan, what I find interesting is that my kids (millennials) are abandoning it and Facebook in particular because of wasted time and privacy issues. Perhaps a chapter in your paper on the future of it related to those elements? 

I have a bit of data, but hadn’t thought about that. I’ll do some research on it, thanks for the idea!

My biggest issue has been this move, the school posts all the important information to some weird app that we are supposed to stay up to date with... but they’ll update say a basket ball game 1 hour before the game. We don’t check the app constantly, so we are late, or miss it completely.

A simple text would work wonders, or a phone call maybe?

21 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I wouldn't lie about this.   This is actually my Fiance's phone.  And the funny thing is, she bought it about 2 years ago when she accidentally washed her Pantech flip phone in her jeans...ha   BTW, she has no personal email account, no SM accounts what so ever, and only uses a credit card over the phone with like two or three merchants.   We literally live in the house but two different universes....ha

Nokia Flip Phone.jpg

Actually sounds amazing!  Other than having a work email, I seriously considering dropping everything else.  I would drop the phone altogether but have to have one professionally. 

Just now, Shankster said:

I have a bit of data, but hadn’t thought about that. I’ll do some research on it, thanks for the idea!

My biggest issue has been this move, the school posts all the important information to some weird app that we are supposed to stay up to date with... but they’ll update say a basket ball game 1 hour before the game. We don’t check the app constantly, so we are late, or miss it completely.

A simple text would work wonders, or a phone call maybe?

The school apps are the single reason I haven't made the leap to the flip phone.  My kids school district doesn't send progress reports or report cards.  Everything is digital on an App called PowerSchool.  Teachers re required by contract to maintain the information no worse than every other day.  It works very well to be honest but only because they are required to maintain the data so often.  Another App is called Remind.  Homework assignments and class information is sent out in a text message format.  Remind allows the parent to enroll in the class account so the teacher sends one message and everyone signed up for that class receives the message.

I'm thinking, my wife wouldn't give up her smartphone for anything.  She can keep up with the kids school accounts.

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Nokia Flip Phone.jpg

Ok that would be a bit extreme for me. The only "social media" sites if you want to call them that which I'm on are MGS and ClubSeaRay. No facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. They would take too much of my time along with obviously privacy issues. I do text often with the kids and my golfing buddies (quick way to set up a game). My iPhone/iPad makes it easier to do that. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Ok that would be a bit extreme for me. The only "social media" sites if you want to call them that which I'm on are MGS and ClubSeaRay. No facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. They would take too much of my time along with obviously privacy issues. I do text often with the kids and my golfing buddies (quick way to set up a game). My iPhone/iPad makes it easier to do that. 

The only reason we have iPhones is to Face Time Gkids, outside of that a flip phone would be fine.
We don’t do Facebook or Twitter (I gave it up). We do have Instagram because the Gkids have private accounts.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Actually sounds amazing!  Other than having a work email, I seriously considering dropping everything else.  I would drop the phone altogether but have to have one professionally. 

She just started sending texts about 6 months ago, but that is pretty much limited to me, her sister and one friend who lives in Japan.  It's funny to watch her tap out a text on the flip phone.  I remember those days and they were very frustrating. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

The only reason we have iPhones is to Face Time Gkids, outside of that a flip phone would be fine.
We don’t do Facebook or Twitter (I gave it up). We do have Instagram because the Gkids have private accounts.

Facetime and Skype (on computer) are great. We get to talk (see) my daughter in Australia on a frequent basis. Much better than just a call. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart