Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Polara Ultimate Straight Golf Ball

Presenting the Polara Ultimate straight golf ball. Check out this video we did to talk about the features that make it such a slice saving ball. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afz5vCm3o0Y

logo.jpg

Email: [email protected]

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

I picked up a sleeve of these at a golf show in Chicago but haven't had a chance to test them yet. Have you played with them at all? Results? I think it's a cool idea for the weekend golfer, definitely a way to speed up play (if it works, that is).

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

They actually do work Matt and quite well. It's really neat to see someone slice the heck out of the ball and watch the ball in mid flight fight to stay straight. It won't save everything but it turns a horride slice into a respectable fade quite well.

The trick with them is not to hit it with a driver. Due to the properties of the ball, hitting it with anything under 15 loft means the anti-side spin doesn't really work and you'll be giving up tons of distance to boot.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

They actually do work Matt and quite well. It's really neat to see someone slice the heck out of the ball and watch the ball in mid flight fight to stay straight. It won't save everything but it turns a horride slice into a respectable fade quite well.

The trick with them is not to hit it with a driver. Due to the properties of the ball, hitting it with anything under 15 loft means the anti-side spin doesn't really work and you'll be giving up tons of distance to boot.

So this doesn't work with the driver? That seems somewhat silly: an anti-slice ball that doesn't work with the club people slice the most. Regardless, I'm still interested to take the sleeve I have out the to course...if I ever get out to the course again.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Even if that thing worked, I doubt it would be any good except on the tee. The fairway shot would be problematic if the grooves were oriented wrongly.

It might be fun to pick up a sleeve if only to see if it truly worked.

Shambles

Even if that thing worked, I doubt it would be any good except on the tee. The fairway shot would be problematic if the grooves were oriented wrongly.

Shambles

I'm with you, Shambles. They were deemed non-comforming years back, as well. Frank Thomas even talks quite a bit about that case in his book "Just Hit It". USGA testing proved that the original Polara UNDERperformed compared to the conforming balls. According to Mr. Thomas, they were even preparing to go to litigation (not unlike Ping and Callaway) to make the USGA add their balls to the conforming list. To me, that screams "we're doing something we know is wrong, but we're going to use brute force to make it right!".

My driver headcover is Chewbacca, my 3w is Yoda, and I have a Nebraska headcover for my 5w in the rare event I take it out. That's all the novelty equipment I need.

Bad flashback on the first version of this ball.

I was playing as a 12 year old in the Montana State Junior qualifier, Bozeman, MT. I had qualified out of my county and was fired up. My game, at that time, was better than nearly every other kid in my age group.

It was around the 14th hole that one of the kids in my group noticed I had a Polara in my hand. At that time, I was playing any ball I found and could not afford new balls, no way. Much of my summers were spent in the OB's and ponds fishing for balls to get me through the season. I was 12, there was no internet, Montana is far from a mainstream news hub, so I had no idea it was on the USGA's Non-Conforming list.

Well, this kid literally yells out, "YOU ARE DQ'd!" I was freaked out and had no friggin idea WTH he was talking about. The adult that was with our group had more knowledge of this subject and calmed the situation. The kid wanted me kicked off the course, but the grown up had far more sense and just asked me to put the ball away and play in with an alternative ball. He figured we would settle it at the clubhouse.

Well, as a 12 yr old, somewhat shy and reserved, this outburst literally derailed any sense of normalcy in my brain and I proceeded to shoot my way out of contention and never got to play in the state tournament.

Scarred for life? Not really, but I made the most of my opportunity to outplay that chubby SOB when I got around to High School golf, a few years later. My outlook had changed and the shyness was a little subsided.

Polara, why would anyone make a ball that broke the rules or even claimed to?

Thanks for the opportunity to vent and the thread is fun to read.

LaMont in AZ

Polara, why would anyone make a ball that broke the rules or even claimed to?

Thanks for the opportunity to vent and the thread is fun to read.

LaMont in AZ

Technically, for everything outside USGA-sanctioned events, their Rules are voluntary. Just like those 540cc driver heads, or the company that shaves the faces of drivers to give them more sprininess, they aren't "legal", but they are (if that makes sense). Most golfers are honorable, though, and using something that isn't quite right leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

It's not just USGA sanctioned events. If you're reporting the scores you have to use conforming equipment.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Technically, for everything outside USGA-sanctioned events, their Rules are voluntary. Just like those 540cc driver heads, or the company that shaves the faces of drivers to give them more sprininess, they aren't "legal", but they are (if that makes sense). Most golfers are honorable, though, and using something that isn't quite right leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

Technically or not, anyone playing illegal equipment is not playing golf. Really pretty simple. People that play that stuff are the same people stealing at the store, stealing at work, cheating on their taxes etc. The game those people play only resembles golf.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

Archived