TESTERS WANTED! ×

New clubs for 15 year old beginner?

Wedgie

Need some help. My 15 year old started golfing last year and made the JV team using the Tour Edge Bazooka box set. He hits the driver, 3 wood and hybrid pretty well but can’t elevate the irons at all. He is now 5’8” and a whopping 105 pounds and could probably move into a mans set based on height but not on strength.

He hits my graphite Launchers pretty well but even as a beginner he understands it isn’t cool to actually show up at the course with them.

Should a beginner his age play graphite or steel? And what iron sets should we check out that will help him get the ball up in the air?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I hate to say it but..... you guessed it. Take him in for a fitting. Not sure it necessarily requires a deep dive but a basic fitting. Perhaps consider a nice used set. But fit to him as best you can at this time.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Need some help. My 15 year old started golfing last year and made the JV team using the Tour Edge Bazooka box set. He hits the driver, 3 wood and hybrid pretty well but can’t elevate the irons at all. He is now 5’8” and a whopping 105 pounds and could probably move into a mans set based on height but not on strength.

He hits my graphite Launchers pretty well but even as a beginner he understands it isn’t cool to actually show up at the course with them.

Should a beginner his age play graphite or steel? And what iron sets should we check out that will help him get the ball up in the air?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

At 15 I was using an adult set. My dads old Nike slingshots. And I’m still not as tall as your son now

Best advice is to get him fit, or go and try as much as you can to see what comfortable.

Steel or graphite shouldn’t matter as much as the overall shaft weight will for a beginner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8