MattF

Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 vs Sun Mountain C-130

I'm looking at getting a new cart bag and have narrowed it down to these two. I currently have a 2010 C-130 and like the bag except for the fact that it's very tippy. I really like the 514 but, as far as I can tell, it doesn't have full length dividers.

I need some opinions from anyone that has one or the other or both.

Thanks fellas...and laddies.

First time with a C130 but I really like it.  Tons of storage and I find it to be very stable.

There are these 2 straps on the back that you can use to strap it to the cart or to your pull cart so it doesn't slide around.  Those are brilliant....I always hate riding in a cart and your bag tips left and right and spins around...these stop all of that.

full_bag4.jpg

• Like 4

I love my Ogio!!!! Better quality fabric than Sun Mountain, IMHO, and the fabric used to cover the dividers is definitely thicker. One can even reach-in to the bottom of the bags where the grips sit to get anything out that might have fallen. So many pockets, and it’s not as “wide/bulky” looking as the C130 to me.
I recommend it highly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

First time with a C130 but I really like it.  Tons of storage and I find it to be very stable.

There are these 2 straps on the back that you can use to strap it to the cart or to your pull cart so it doesn't slide around.  Those are brilliant....I always hate riding in a cart and your bag tips left and right and spins around...these stop all of that.

full_bag4.jpg

+1

• Like 1

I came across this bag I’d never heard of recently. Looks awesome maybe my next bag. Bennington quiet organizer 12 or 14. Either one is looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I came across this bag I’d never heard of recently. Looks awesome maybe my next bag. Bennington quiet organizer 12 or 14. Either one is looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never seen one in the wild. Only pictures on the Internet. I Keep wondering if they are like the chupacabra of Mexico!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At $350 they better do more than hold my clubs!

Anyway, I ordered the Ogio on Monday and it will be delivered today.

• Like 1

nice, let us know how you like it!  I like the styling of the OGIO better for sure.  Also I've considered those Datrek DG Lite II someone mentioned earlier.  They were surprisingly nicely built from what I could tell, and I've seen them as low as $140 new on Amazon.  I might give one of those a try this year.  

What color did you go with?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, if it was available, there is red on the bag.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MattF said:

At $350 they better do more than hold my clubs!

Anyway, I ordered the Ogio on Monday and it will be delivered today.

Looks good!  I like that top pocket.  and the magnetic towel thing is pretty sweet.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, if it was available, there is red on the bag.

2 hours ago, B.Boston said:

nice, let us know how you like it!  I like the styling of the OGIO better for sure.  Also I've considered those Datrek DG Lite II someone mentioned earlier.  They were surprisingly nicely built from what I could tell, and I've seen them as low as $140 new on Amazon.  I might give one of those a try this year.  

Yes, there's red on the bag and as much as I wanted to get the red bag, I realised that it would get filthy really quickly, so I got black.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsDQaRBhVEh3uiwBNz3-Z

• Like 2

I ordered the RTC, arrived today. But, I'm stuck at work.  Luckily the bag was on sale,  trying to sell the lady on a $300+ bag was gonna be impossible.  I cant wait to get home and stuff my sticks in it.

• Like 3