berkeleybob

Sunday Bag/Seven Clubs

Our Sponsors

Sometimes I travel via air with my clubs, and sometimes it's a struggle to carry my usual bag. I found a air travel bag that's lightweight and carries only seven clubs. If this was your bag, which clubs would you choose to carry for a couple rounds of 18 holes?

19* hybrid
5,7,9 irons
50* and 58* wedges
Putter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’ve gone: Driver, 20* hybrid, 6,8, PW, 56, putter. 

My irons are on the strong side, so this gapping works for me   I really carry 8 clubs in my Sunday bag, but I could drop the gap wedge and be okay. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks for the input. I think I have an idea of what to pick. I checked the bag's specs again (Caddy Daddy Ranger), I might be able to fit in eight clubs. If so, I think I might get away with a driver and an extra wedge. 😄

• Like 1

I have a Sunday bag here, and when I filled it out with clubs, I mixed and matched, but ultimately went with...

• Driver
  • 3 Hybrid
  • 6 iron
  • 8 iron
  • PW
  • SW
  • Putter

It's good gapping between all clubs and will get the job done just as good as a full set.  I actually shot 71 (-1) on a local 9 hole muni with this setup, using 20 year old clubs at the time.  So it actually is possible to get really good with a Sunday bag setup, because you'll hit more of the same clubs from different distances, rather than hitting all 14.  So you'll get good with whatever is in the Sunday bag.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 6:18 PM, JohnSmalls said:

I’ve gone: Driver, 20* hybrid, 6,8, PW, 56, putter. 

My irons are on the strong side, so this gapping works for me   I really carry 8 clubs in my Sunday bag, but I could drop the gap wedge and be okay. 

Agree, great choices!