Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

results from doing my own adjustments on whole set of clubs

i have done considerable research on weighting, adding extra tape, grips, and shafts. here's what i have accomplished thus far. removed all of my grips and added 5 extra layers of masking tape to the lower hand area aprox 4.5 inches wanting to take out the taper thus lighter grip pressure and less handsy thru the swing. Then used the double sided tape and did a spiral wrap on the whole grip area. replaced with golf pride mcc+4 midsized grips mind you that i have large hands golve size is xxlarge. Next comes re weighting of my 2016 Taylormade M2 Irons, Taylormade M4 and M2 drivers along with 5 and 4 Taylormade hybrid irons also to include 4 cleveland cbx wedges. usoing my swing weight scale the weights were all over the place so i decided to make then one swing weight over oem weight. Using lead tape to complete this task. wanting them all to feel the same. the wedges were done the same using cleveland oem weight numbers. the results were awesome played at a tough course and lots of trees on both sides of the fairway. the results were a long and straight shot every time. mind you that i used to have a visious hook at times it was so much fun watching the ball fly higher and straighter on almost every shot. the score was hi 80 but this was due to my bad chipping and some three puts. but that did'nt bother me as i enjoyed being in the fairway almost all day with the excpetion of when i aimed too far right. the weight change and grip change in my opinion did wonders for me .

i

Sounds great. Nice work there. Pictures of the lead tape placement and stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

I'm currently doing the same thing to my clubs. I never considered the weight issue, I'm glad I stopped b your post. I'll be taking a serious look at that aspect. I did lengthen the irons as I've been told by quite a few that I seem to be bending over almost like Kucher. I did go to the same grips your using, Golf Pride MCC plus 4 midsize, they just feel better in my hands.

Isn't it great when a plan works out!

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

i have done considerable research on weighting, adding extra tape, grips, and shafts. here's what i have accomplished thus far. removed all of my grips and added 5 extra layers of masking tape to the lower hand area aprox 4.5 inches wanting to take out the taper thus lighter grip pressure and less handsy thru the swing. Then used the double sided tape and did a spiral wrap on the whole grip area. replaced with golf pride mcc+4 midsized grips

I might be misunderstanding, but I believe if you add 5 extra wraps to an MCC plus 4, that is essentially the same as adding 9 total under the bottom hand. Almost a reverse taper?

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

your correct i think as to extra wraps and after doing it i found that it took out all of the taper. which works for my large hands i dont turn the club over as before and it also causes m e to grip lighter. i beleave its all individual as far as feeling so im going to keep going to the range and feel them out. but playing a full 18 holes they did feel good to me. as far as adding weights i found the center of gravity on the web for my clubs and added weight there and a little lower as best as possible. also using a tee with the tip trimmed i formed the lead tape to the back of my irons and haven't had any issues. also trying to find out how to add pics on here. i also added weight to equal one extra swing weight from d2 to d3 and they feel great to me.

• 2 months later...