Sign in to follow this  
Lacassem

Canadian tour AY?

Our Sponsors

Has anyone been to Banff Springs? Would like to eventually book a trip there. Any other courses in the area worth checking out?

Here's a link to a guy I follow on twitter who has a "bucket list" map for Canadian courses. You will find a few in the area: https://36aday.net/bucket-list-of-canadian-courses/

Of course, out there, the area is relative. Jasper is a natural connection considering they're both Fairmont, but it's a bit of a hike to get there. Kananaskis is close and Greywolf in Invermere, BC is also one to look at. The next portion depends on how much driving you want to do into BC. You could go south from there to Cranbrook or push farther west into Kelowna area. I would recommend Kelowna. I plan on putting together a similar trip to this when I have the time. 

If it were me, I would fly into Calgary, do Banff, Jasper, Kanaskis and Stewart Creek. Then into Invermere for Greywolf. The problem from there is the mountain. Fastest way to go is North through Revelstoke (some beautiful countryside) you could even venture out of your way to pass through Lake Louise. The route from there is Salmon Arm (for the course with the same name), then west to through Kamloops to play Tobiano. 

Then you can either keep going west into Whistler to play there and then down to Vancouver and out. To do the Vancouver route more courses are private and you will need to arrange availability ahead of time. But Whistler area has three very nice public courses.The other way would be to backtrack to Vernon for Predator Ridge, then south to Kelowna and try to catch a flight out of there. Either option is good. Depends if you want more mountain golf or something different. You're looking probably at about a week or more for all the travel because of how spread out things are and the roads are not exactly 8 lane highways.

Wait, this sounds awesome. When are we going?

It's been a while since I played Banff Springs but it is an excellent course. The only problem with Banff Springs, Jasper, Kananaskis, and Greywolf is the scenery can be very distracting. Otherwise the course for the most part has generous sized fairways but still is easy to lose balls in the rough. Kananaskis and Banff Springs are close to each other but Greywolf is a 2 hour drive and Jasper is at least 3 hours from Banff. In my opinion they are worth the drive. Other courses near Invermere are Eagle Ranch and Copper Point and near Cranbrook look into Trickle Creek, Shadow Mountain and Bootleg Gap. All are great courses to play and if you are in the area there are a dozen or so more courses that can be part of a great golf road trip.

• Like 1