Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Canadian tour AY?

GolfSpy_SHARK

Has anyone been to Banff Springs? Would like to eventually book a trip there. Any other courses in the area worth checking out?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Here's a link to a guy I follow on twitter who has a "bucket list" map for Canadian courses. You will find a few in the area: https://36aday.net/bucket-list-of-canadian-courses/

Of course, out there, the area is relative. Jasper is a natural connection considering they're both Fairmont, but it's a bit of a hike to get there. Kananaskis is close and Greywolf in Invermere, BC is also one to look at. The next portion depends on how much driving you want to do into BC. You could go south from there to Cranbrook or push farther west into Kelowna area. I would recommend Kelowna. I plan on putting together a similar trip to this when I have the time. 

If it were me, I would fly into Calgary, do Banff, Jasper, Kanaskis and Stewart Creek. Then into Invermere for Greywolf. The problem from there is the mountain. Fastest way to go is North through Revelstoke (some beautiful countryside) you could even venture out of your way to pass through Lake Louise. The route from there is Salmon Arm (for the course with the same name), then west to through Kamloops to play Tobiano. 

Then you can either keep going west into Whistler to play there and then down to Vancouver and out. To do the Vancouver route more courses are private and you will need to arrange availability ahead of time. But Whistler area has three very nice public courses.The other way would be to backtrack to Vernon for Predator Ridge, then south to Kelowna and try to catch a flight out of there. Either option is good. Depends if you want more mountain golf or something different. You're looking probably at about a week or more for all the travel because of how spread out things are and the roads are not exactly 8 lane highways.

Wait, this sounds awesome. When are we going?

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I played Banff Springs but it is an excellent course. The only problem with Banff Springs, Jasper, Kananaskis, and Greywolf is the scenery can be very distracting. Otherwise the course for the most part has generous sized fairways but still is easy to lose balls in the rough. Kananaskis and Banff Springs are close to each other but Greywolf is a 2 hour drive and Jasper is at least 3 hours from Banff. In my opinion they are worth the drive. Other courses near Invermere are Eagle Ranch and Copper Point and near Cranbrook look into Trickle Creek, Shadow Mountain and Bootleg Gap. All are great courses to play and if you are in the area there are a dozen or so more courses that can be part of a great golf road trip.

:ping-small:  G30
:callaway-small:      Rogue 3 wood
:ping-small:  3, 4 G hybrid
:ping-small:  i (4-9) UST Mamiya Recoil 95
:vokey-small: 46/50/54/58
:ping-small:  TR 1966 Anser 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 1:38 PM, Lacassem said:

Has anyone been to Banff Springs? Would like to eventually book a trip there. Any other courses in the area worth checking out?

Banff Springs is good. Older design course with some updates. Well maintained. Great scenery. Keep your eyes open for wildlife. When I played there they had shortened one of the holes because there was a coyote den (IIRC) on one of the fairways and they were giving it some distance from golfers. Given the elevation it's often a bit cool, so be prepared for that.

Definitely recommend getting to the Okanagan area. Wonderful courses. Predator was mentioned above but also the rise and a ton of other amazing courses.

Sadly haven't been to banff to golf, lots of camping trips and vacations when I was younger and is a incredible area.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2020 at 11:38 AM, Lacassem said:

I played it last year, absolutely beautiful mountain course!  I would recommend trying to get on Kananaskis if you can as well!  Where else you planning to go on your trip?

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5º | Tour 65
:callaway-small: XR 3W 15º | Project X
:ping-small: G Hybrid 3 19º | Alta 70
:ping-small: G30 4-UW | 
:callaway-small: MD3 Milled S-Grind 56º
:cleveland-small: CG14 60º
:EVNROLL: Evnroll ER1 | 

:callaway-small: Hyper Lite 3 Stand Bag :Clicgear:3.5+

On 4/12/2020 at 8:06 AM, Apolloshowl said:

Definitely recommend getting to the Okanagan area. Wonderful courses. Predator was mentioned above but also the rise and a ton of other amazing courses.

Sadly haven't been to banff to golf, lots of camping trips and vacations when I was younger and is a incredible area.

My unsolicited Okanagan top 10:

1. Predator Ridge - Ridge
2. Predator Ridge - Predator
3. Black Mountain
4. Fairview Mountain
5. The Bear
6. The Quail
7. Sunset Ranch
8. Tower Ranch
9. Kelowna
10. Sunset Ranch

10 minutes ago, Flawlesswallis said:

I played it last year, absolutely beautiful mountain course!  I would recommend trying to get on Kananaskis if you can as well!  Where else you planning to go on your trip?

No plans yet officially I just know that area is in my bucket list. Next 10 years for sure. This is higher for me than California, Florida etc.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

On 6/1/2020 at 7:17 PM, Flawlesswallis said:

My unsolicited Okanagan top 10:

1. Predator Ridge - Ridge
2. Predator Ridge - Predator
3. Black Mountain
4. Fairview Mountain
5. The Bear
6. The Quail
7. Sunset Ranch
8. Tower Ranch
9. Kelowna
10. Sunset Ranch

Man I made a list and forgot one of my favorite courses up there Gallaghers Canyon

2 minutes ago, Flawlesswallis said:

Man I made a list and forgot one of my favorite courses up there Gallaghers Canyon

I am gonna need a damn month because I have looked at these and want to play them all!...when you have a brochure for the course you're doing something right

https://www.gallagherscanyon.com/resources/webcontent/gallaghers_canyon/gc_brochure.pdf

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

22 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I am gonna need a damn month because I have looked at these and want to play them all!...when you have a brochure for the course you're doing something right

https://www.gallagherscanyon.com/resources/webcontent/gallaghers_canyon/gc_brochure.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/embed/-PhEslcXRks?rel=0&showinfo=0&autohide=1&autoplay=1

This video will make you want to stay for a month! 🙂  

4 minutes ago, Flawlesswallis said:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/-PhEslcXRks?rel=0&showinfo=0&autohide=1&autoplay=1

This video will make you want to stay for a month! 🙂  

Love the accent "ootstanding" lol. Of those what would you say is your favorite?

Canada is just amazing, was there for the winter olympics 2010 in Vancouver and it was just wow.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Love the accent "ootstanding" lol. Of those what would you say is your favorite?

Canada is just amazing, was there for the winter olympics 2010 in Vancouver and it was just wow.

Lol... I work in roofing, our American offices say "Ruff" we say "Rrr-ooof"...  Pretty funny on either side of the border.

If I was playing 1 Okanagan course it would be Predator Ridge - Ridge Course.  It is really spectacular.   

2010 Olympics were pretty special,  the buzz in the city was just awesome.  

I’m going there for my honeymoon once Canada opens back up. Looking forward to playing it. Going to try to play all 27 holes while I’m there.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:titelist-small: - Driver - TSi2 10 deg, -1 Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60 (6.0)
:titelist-small:  - Fairway Wood - TSi2 3 Wood 15 deg, -½ Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 19 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 23 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Irons T200 (6 - W 48) True Temper AMT Black (S300)
:titelist-small: - Wedge - SM7 52.12 F Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 56.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 60.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:scotty-small: - 2020 Newport Select, Pistolini Grip, 35"
:titelist-small: - ProV1 

• 1 year later...

Banff - agree with everyone.   Stewart Creek i really enjoyed as well, so another vote.  Enjoy

WITB - Ping G400 LST - HZRZ 6.0

3W - Ping G400 - Ping Tour 75

3h - Ping G410 - Evenflow 6.0

4,5 irons - Ping i500

6-PW - Ping iBlade

52,56 & 60 - Ping Glide Forged

Putter(s) - a few