TESTERS WANTED! ×

OnCore Gold Balls “Linear Crack”

Lee23

I have Oncore Avant 55 and OnCore Elixir golf balls in my golf bag for my round of golf today. I used the Abant 55 first and it cracked when I hit it with a 5 iron from the fairway!  I then ised the OnCore Elixir to replace the cracked Avant and the same thing happened (it cracked) when I hit it with my 7 iron on the next hole!  Has anyone experienced this?

P.S. I had this experience before (cracked ball) and sent a photo to OnCore asking if I bought a bad batch of golf balls but I did not get a response.

722EDCBB-9FD2-4E5F-A764-F273CB86521A.jpeg

793E3E7A-EA6A-494E-A740-532377810233.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lee23 said:

P.S. I had this experience before (cracked ball) and sent a photo to OnCore asking if I bought a bad batch of golf balls but I did not get a response.

I've never had a ball crack. Any ball - any brand. But I wonder... why do you keep buying them? 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Oncore imo is really good at customer service. Where/how did you reach out to them? 

I don’t recall seeing anyone have that issue and I’ve never had it. Where/how did you store them?

Everything I’ve seen about any issues they e stood behind their product and have taken care of the customer 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Rather than posting on social media, wouldn't it be better to directly contact the manufacturer?  That always seemed to work best for me.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

24 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Rather than posting on social media, wouldn't it be better to directly contact the manufacturer?  That always seemed to work best for me.  

Especially a small company that probably didn’t have a dedicated social media person. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I've played the Elixir for 3 years now and have never seen the cracks in the photos on this thread.  Cold, snow, rain, heat, desert.  none of it.  I really like the ball.  Holds in the wind and spins well on the greens. Covers hold up well.   I don't mind as much dumping them in the water hazards at 26/doz as I did with 'top tier' golfballs at 2-3 dollars per.  I found the Oncore customer service accomodating (sent a free sleeve after I ordered yellow and they sent white).  Just my experience.  I hope they are doing well financially and have not changed factories or cut quality. 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:10 PM, CarlH said:

Honestly nowadays the customer service channel is a dead end black hole and the social media channel gets all the attention since it's right out in front of the world. Customer service emails can be ignored and no one is aware except for the person who sent it. 

My bag is a revolving door!

54 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

Honestly nowadays the customer service channel is a dead end black hole and the social media channel gets all the attention since it's right out in front of the world. Customer service emails can be ignored and no one is aware except for the person who sent it. 

Yeah, it's a legitimate channel for customer service now.  I prefer using Twitter or Facebook over Instagram, but if you have a company and you're going to use a social media site, you need to keep up with your account.

Yoda-Quote-Try-Yoda-Quotes-Try-Not.jpg

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I use the Elixr exclusively and I have not seen this issue.  Obviously there is a defect in the balls you received.  I've used the contact form on their website several times and every time they have gotten back to me in a couple hours. 

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :callaway-small:                    

PXG 0211 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik 21* 7W
Taylormade RSi1 5 Iron
Taylormade RSi2 6-PW
Taylormade PSI 50*
Callaway Jaws 54* C Grind
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Maxfli Tour