TESTERS WANTED! ×

Srixon Z Star (Tour Yellow) CONTEST!

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

ENTER & WIN!

I am sure most of you by now have started hearing about these now almost famous YELLOW golf balls made by Srixon (Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow). Yes a yellow golf ball but this one is different trust me. These are not available yet and even Cleveland does not have enough to fill the demand from shops around the country. Quite possibly the most hyped ball since the Pro V...there is ALOT of hype going around about these balls.

We could only get 1 sleeve to test because they don't even have enough to give anymore...so we figured we would test one of the balls and we would give the other (2) balls to the MGS Forum readers!

CONTEST RULES

This one is simple and fun...and who knows maybe the winners response is so good maybe Srixon will even use your idea.

To enter just come up with a super creative slogan for this new yellow ball from Srixon. Top 2 slogans will each win (1) Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Balls + (1) NEW! Srixon Trispeed Ball

CONTEST ENDS MARCH 10TH

CONTEST WINNERS!

I want to say thank you to all that entered this ended up being a great contest with some incredible entries.

We have chosen to have Cleveland Golf choose (1) Winner & MyGolfSpy will choose (1) Winner. We will give an explanation of what we were both looking for in regards to the winning slogan choice below:

CLEVELAND GOLF

Boy, what a tough decision this was! I want to thank EVERYONE who entered and was a part of this first forum contest with MyGolfSpy. I wish I could give everyone a sleeve of Z-Star Tour Yellow balls to try out for all these great entries. The demand for these is SO high that they've already gone on backorder, and they aren't even out yet! The Z-STARâ„¢ and Z-STARâ„¢ X Tour Yellow golf balls were designed to offer best-in-category performance for players seeking the improved distance, spin, and feel preferred by Tour players and competitive golfers worldwide. The Z-STARâ„¢ and Z-STARâ„¢ X Tour Yellow golf balls use ultra-thin urethane cover technology, a larger core and a softer cover to also radically improve distance, spin and feel.

Ultimately what I was looking for in a great slogan, was something that captured this idea that this ball is not only going to be easier for you to see, but it is going to perform for you on the golf course. We truly think that at Srixon, we've created a better performing tour quality golf ball for everyone to play. So without further ado, the winning entry chosen from Cleveland Golf/Srixon is:

WINNER (Cleveland): Chris Harmon: "The New Z-Star Tour Yellow Ball from Srixon. Quality you can trust. Performance you can REALLY see."

MYGOLFSPY

I was thoroughly impressed with some of not only the slogans but even some of the commercial TV spot ideas that you guys came up with. I actually had a list of about 12 of your slogans that were in the finals for the winner I would choose. And it was difficult to choose they all had some great aspects to them.

But what I was looking for in the winning slogan was one that was short and sweet and to the point. I felt like the word Yellow needed to be in the slogan since this was a major part of the products not only success but also hurdle to get over. I also thought the word yellow needed to somehow project a positive connotation to a color that had previously been seen as a range ball. So the winning slogan I chose for the contest was:

WINNER (MyGolfSpy): Nukem1969: "Yellow, It's The New White! Get Your Srixon!"

P.S. - Winners please PM me your address so we can get the new Tour Yellow Srixon Ball and Tri-Speed Ball out to you.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR ENTERING! GREAT STUFF!

srixon-yellow-ball-contest.jpg

#TruthDigest

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Moderators CAN enter this one Moe ;)

"Yellow is not just mellow ... GET YOUR SRIXON"

( ...but if mods aren't allowed to enter, then someone can feel free to use my cheesy slogan ;) )

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

"Z Star Tour Yellow. Never lose your ball in the snow again. Just don't eat it!"

"Z Star Tour Yellow. Your buddies will only laugh until you smash it past their balls."

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Great contest for everyone! We hope a lot of people will enter. These balls are in such high demand, and this is your chance to get your hands on these before they come out. Have fun with the slogans everyone, can't wait to read all of them. ;)

• SPY VIP

Great contest for everyone! We hope a lot of people will enter. These balls are in such high demand, and this is your chance to get your hands on these before they come out. Have fun with the slogans everyone, can't wait to read all of them. ;)

So let me guess, you are somehow associated with Cleveland Golf? ;)

(Love my 09 Launcher hybrids, thanks for that!)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

So let me guess, you are somehow associated with Cleveland Golf? ;)

(Love my 09 Launcher hybrids, thanks for that!)

You guessed correctly! Glad to be a part of MyGolfSpy's new forum launch and I'll be here to stay to post great things from CG/Srixon & help CG/Srixon forum members with whatever I can. The '09 Launcher hybrids are pretty money!

Z Star Tour Yellow. The Color of Happy. Get Your SRIXON. :rolleyes:

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Srixon Z-Star Yellow.... More soothing than a Mozart concerto , and longer too!!!

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

My favorite so far:

Yellow, it's the new white! Get your Srixon!

Srixon Z Star Tour Yellow, throw caution to the wind!

Yellow, it's the new white! Get your Srixon!

#TruthDigest

Srixon Z-Star Yellow - give the fish some color...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

The Sun is a star.

The Sun is yellow.

Be a star on the course.

Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

OR, the alternate version:

The Sun is a star

The Sun is yellow.

Yellow...the color of stars.

(insert staff player photos)

Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow

Moderators CAN enter this one Moe :angry:

so is it limitless entries? If so then close this already as I'm the "KING" of Slogans! LOL.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472