Sign in to follow this  
JimNantzsToast

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Putters

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, cycleguy55 said:

Not with that particular model, but I bought a Tommy Armour Impact Series No. 3 last year and it really helped my putting. I had previously been using an Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T putter, and the TA definitely improved my putting. I could be wrong, but I believe the milled face helps get the ball rolling quicker than does the urethane face on the Odyssey. Both putters have the same SuperStroke Fatso 5.0 grips, so the difference is all in the putter - and perhaps my head. LOL

I actually have the same putter, the Series No.3 - I like it just fine.

But I've switched to a Ray Cook Blue Goose blade putter, I felt my distance control with the TA No.3 was just not right for me. Thanks for the insight!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

I am also gaming the TA Impact #3.

Great putter to lag from long distances

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I am also gaming the TA Impact #3.

Great putter to lag from long distances

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I don't doubt the putter is a good flat stick. Curious how long DSG will carry a premium house brand putter for $250. I think they would be more successful at a sub $200 club. Wish them well. Will check them out next time I'm at DSG.

Sent from my SM-A205U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila  DVS

:titelist-small: 915F Diamana

:titelist-small: 915H3 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Cameron Studio Design #5

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

I don't doubt the putter is a good flat stick. Curious how long DSG will carry a premium house brand putter for $250. I think they would be more successful at a sub $200 club. Wish them well. Will check them out next time I'm at DSG. DSG shows a price of $200 and $250 so I don't know which is the retail price.

Sent from my SM-A205U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila  DVS

:titelist-small: 915F Diamana

:titelist-small: 915H3 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Cameron Studio Design #5

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

On 3/17/2020 at 8:19 PM, JimNantzsToast said:

I messed around with these at Golf Galaxy last week - I really dislike the WINN grip. Not only is it way skinnier than most modern "new" putter grips,  but something about the ergonomics really didn't fit my hands well.

The forged 845 irons however... they looked almost as good as my friends new cobra forged tec irons

Agree about the grip. I bought the Infusion series New Haven and loved the shape and feel, but replaced the grip. The putter worked well for me.

My wife bought the Impact #3 when it first came out and she also replaced the grip right off, but she did like that putter.

The guy at Dicks told me he is selling more Tommy Armour than anything else, from putters to irons to drivers.

Don't see me giving up my Ping woods and Titleist irons anytime soon, but it looks like Tommy Armour might be a brand to look at if I do in the future.

• Like 1

ksted

• driver: Ping G400
  • 3 wood: Ping G400
  • 5 wood: Ping G400
  • hybrid: Cobra F8
  • irons: Ping G400 4-gw
  • wedges: Cleveland CBX 50, 54, 58
  • putter: Taylormade Patina Del Monte
  • balls:  Srixon Q Star Tour

They have all been reduced in price to $179.98 at DSG. If I didn't want to get fit I would buy them. The Impact series has been found for around $75 so I am sure they will be found for less.

In terms of producing CNC machined putters with funky headcovers - They're about 25 years behind the curve.

When they can come up with something more radical in terms of design, then maybe some people will sit sit up and take notice of the price tag. Until that time comes - seen it all before. 

Glad to see Tommy Armour is working to get back into the market.  In the 1990's, I had a set of 855 Irons and loved them.  Very nicely made and worked well for me.

I recently picked up a TA 303 Milled Serrano and its a great putter.  Its got a nice, soft feel and seems pretty forgiving.

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Hybrid: Tommy Armour 845 22*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

Putter: Wilson Augusta

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I love the "Habanero" name and tongue in cheek inference.  Looks like a pretty nice putter and about half the cost of Scotty Cameron and Evnroll of like design.  I've been eyeing new putters and tested SC, Evnroll and PING this past winter.  Nothing has moved me away from my B61...yet. But the Evnroll and PING Sigma 6 had me thinking hard.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

They look pretty good. But I do not think I could bring myself to spend that kind of money on a Dick's house brand... 

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

well I just bought one today... will report back (Habanero)

• Like 3

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

So I played my first round with the Habanero yesterday, LOVED it. With the TA#3, I had distance control issues, with the Blue Goose putter, i've had left/right issues. With the Habanero, if I'm 2-putting, my second putt was always within 2 feet.

Plus it looks awesome with and without the headcover, and feels so great.

I don't like the grip, but if I putt like i did yesterday, I don't care

• Like 3

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*