TESTERS WANTED! ×

Boutique putters

There seems to be a lot of Boutique putter companies popping up. Charging a hell of a lot of money for putters that look like my old nickel ping answer 2. I get the technology wave and all, with new CNC milling machines but isn't there patent infringement? Or is that not a thing with putters. Full disclosure ( I bought one!) But are milled putters really better? 303 stainless steel 304? Carbon? "feels good 303", Heat treated? Cold treated? Which is softer? Etc, etc... So many questions!  What the hell is going on Gents? Just some thoughts racing thru my head while I'm sitting out the next few days of rain. Seems like it would be a cool discussion.

Driver: :cobra-small:F9 w/Hzrdous smoke black

3wood: :callaway-small: Epic 13.5* w/ smoke blue

4wood: :callaway-small: Xr 17*  

3Hybrid: :callaway-small: Xr 19*

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex 16 (4 - A)

wedges::vokey-small: SM7 52,54

Putter: :cameron-small: fastback,  SWAG Savage Too

@rogerfloresart on instagram

Charging a hell of a lot of money for putters that look like my old nickel ping answer 2. I get the technology wave and all, with new CNC milling machines but isn't there patent infringement? Or is that not a thing with putters.  -  Making a copy of an anser putter doesn't violate any patents which is why you see so many.   Putters do have patents but the owning company does have to file lawsuits and has to win.  I also don't know how much difference has to be made to make it a different design.  Looks aren't everything.    

But are milled putters really better?  Better than what?  Cast - probably, skim milled - maybe,  CNC or hand milled?  CNC milled will be more consistent putter to putter,  hand milled will have that handmade look.   

303 stainless steel 304? Carbon? "feels good 303", Heat treated? Cold treated? Which is softer?   The eternal question;  what material is better,  you also forgot brass, copper, and Damascus.   Softness is actually sound and can be changed by face thickness,  milling depth, and milling pattern

The advantage to boutique putters is that you can typically customize and get exactly what you want from a weight, neck, milling, finish, etc point of view.   Are they better than OEM off the rack putters?  Unless it fits your stroke,  it is no better than any other putter.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Easy to make, low overhead, large profit margins, gullible consumers.......

Upset over the slow green play of my weekend group I showed up with a scrub brush attached to a broom handle with duck tape. While I wasn’t the best on the greens that day I was far from the worst.

For $399 I’ll make you one

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

36 minutes ago, SteddyGolf said:

Easy to make, low overhead, large profit margins, gullible consumers.......

Upset over the slow green play of my weekend group I showed up with a scrub brush attached to a broom handle with duck tape. While I wasn’t the best on the greens that day I was far from the worst.

For $399 I’ll make you one emoji16.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Does it come in left handed?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO