TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

Played again today - I hit driver on 12 holes and was 8/12 fairways hit. I was only hitting 60 percent of my fairways with the old shaft. Worse my misses were 20/20 either side.

So far I’ve eliminated the left side - my shot shape is straight or slight right to left with the Motore - very reasonable distance - several drives around 230 which is a poke for me at Sea Level. At least I had a chance to get it on those monster par 4’s in regulation. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

IMG_1664.thumb.JPG.d73cedcf96094948931c9d92b89c838e.JPG

Here’s that logo - it looks really sharp.

IMG_1669.JPG

“I love the logo, Grandpa!”

As I stated when we started I was wrong and short with my former shaft - hitting 60 percent of fairways - historically I’ve been north of 70 percent. Worse though my misses were dead split between right and left. In fact my ARCCOS driver handicap was 15.5 heading into Sunday’s round.

In the two rounds that I’ve played with the Motore in driver I’ve hit 19 of 25 fairways with 1 miss left and 5 right. I’m not hitting it longer on down wind or cross wind shots but there is a more piercing ball flight so that I’m much longer into the wind.

I’ve yet to practice with it or monkey with settings on my driver so that will be interesting whenever i have that opportunity. It won’t be until next week though.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Took the Motore X F3 out to the range today. Wow, was hitting some bombs. Don't really want to use the stock shaft anymore. I feel like I can really go after it with this shaft. I feel like this will be the gamer going forward already, but for the purposes of this test, I will do the due diligence of comparing shafts on the launch monitor.

One thing I need to figure out is controlling the fade bias of the SIM Max. Based on some discussions on one of the other golf forums, the SIM and SIM Max both can be pretty fade biased. If I am not careful, I can start hitting push fades with the SIM Max. Since this driver is pretty new for me, I just need to figure out the right setting on the head. This bias was happening with any shaft.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

26 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Took the Motore X F3 out to the range today. Wow, was hitting some bombs. Don't really want to use the stock shaft anymore. I feel like I can really go after it with this shaft. I feel like this will be the gamer going forward already, but for the purposes of this test, I will do the due diligence of comparing shafts on the launch monitor.

One thing I need to figure out is controlling the fade bias of the SIM Max. Based on some discussions on one of the other golf forums, the SIM and SIM Max both can be pretty fade biased. If I am not careful, I can start hitting push fades with the SIM Max. Since this driver is pretty new for me, I just need to figure out the right setting on the head. This bias was happening with any shaft.

Had a similar experience, don’t be afraid to put the sim in the upright setting. Wish I would have before I sold mine.

4 minutes ago, COmedic said:

Had a similar experience, don’t be afraid to put the sim in the upright setting. Wish I would have before I sold mine.

Yeah, independent of this shaft test, I need to figure out what setting works best. I like that it mostly keeps the left side out of play (except the really bad swings), but I just need to be careful to not start going too far right. I wonder if a small amount of hotmelt in the heel would help?

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Yeah, independent of this shaft test, I need to figure out what setting works best. I like that it mostly keeps the left side out of play (except the really bad swings), but I just need to be careful to not start going too far right. I wonder if a small amount of hotmelt in the heel would help?

Cheap to try some lead tape first! Also like others mentioned you could try going up in loft a notch or two which will close the face and make it a touch more upright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Cheap to try some lead tape first! Also like others mentioned you could try going up in loft a notch or two which will close the face and make it a touch more upright.

Thanks, good thought on the lead tape.

Regarding the loft up, i need to experiment lofting up a notch or two, which will also close the face, or going to the upright setting, which keeps the loft the same but goes up in lie angle by I believe 4 degrees.

Updated 07/15/2022

Thanks, good thought on the lead tape.
Regarding the loft up, i need to experiment lofting up a notch or two, which will also close the face, or going to the upright setting, which keeps the loft the same but goes up in lie angle by I believe 4 degrees.

Yup! For anyone else curious about the adjustments:

[attachment]IMG_8687.png[/attachment]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_8687.png

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Question for the group. I will be using a Trackman launch monitor for sure for my tests. Should I choose the outdoor option where I will be in 40 degree hitting rocks (range balls) or the indoor option?

Updated 07/15/2022

Just now, dlow206 said:

Question for the group. I will be using a Trackman launch monitor for sure for my tests. Should I choose the outdoor option where I will be in 40 degree hitting rocks (range balls) or the indoor option?

It depends.  If you're hitting outdoors, use the outdoor setting.  If you're hitting into a net, use the indoor.  You can always normalize the data to make it 70 and just above sea level if it's too cold.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

So my last outing to PGATSS was nothing short of a disappointed. Not because I wasn't hitting well or because the shaft didn't feel superb.

The last 2 visits I was using their simulators in the back. I believe they are the About Golf brand that tracks from above and behind. My spin and carry #s had been horrible and I was starting to lose my mind.

Well on my last visit, on my way out I stopped by one of the fitting bays equipped with the foresight GC sims just to see if there was any difference. FML, my spin and carry were right where I hoped they'd be all along. And much more in line with what I'm seeing on the course. I'm hoping to go back tonight and use the Foresight for an entire session. Does anybody have good or bad experiences with either? Is there a way to re calibrate the AG?

Thx

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

So my last outing to PGATSS was nothing short of a disappointed. Not because I wasn't hitting well or because the shaft didn't feel superb.

The last 2 visits I was using their simulators in the back. I believe they are the About Golf brand that tracks from above and behind. My spin and carry #s had been horrible and I was starting to lose my mind.

Well on my last visit, on my way out I stopped by one of the fitting bays equipped with the foresight GC sims just to see if there was any difference. FML, my spin and carry were right where I hoped they'd be all along. And much more in line with what I'm seeing on the course. I'm hoping to go back tonight and use the Foresight for an entire session. Does anybody have good or bad experiences with either? Is there a way to re calibrate the AG?

Thx

I’ve always felt better about using GC Quad/Hawk or full swing simulators versus about golf sims. I don’t like needing to use marked up golf balls on the about golf sims. The places I’ve used them have all felt like terrible golf balls.

We’re the balls freshly marked? I’ve seen some big differences if you didn’t used a plain ball on the about golf sim.

51 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I’ve always felt better about using GC Quad/Hawk or full swing simulators versus about golf sims. I don’t like needing to use marked up golf balls on the about golf sims. The places I’ve used them have all felt like terrible golf balls.

We’re the balls freshly marked? I’ve seen some big differences if you didn’t used a plain ball on the about golf sim.

Yeah I will hand pick the cleaner balls. I've started marking my own with a paint pen to get the better performance and they do actually get better results.

That said, I spent some time at the GC/foresight bay tonight. 2 days ago on the AG sim I was averaging 3900 rpm and like 245 carry and about 10 yds of roll. That's with 111 MPH swing speed avg. I get much better #s with my 4 wood.

Here are my numbers from tonight on the GC.. the second photo is a drive from my round over the weekend. Very similar.

Now I'll have to go back with the V2 just to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples.

I know these aren't the monstrous #s that @goaliewales14 is producing.. BUT what is very impressive is that the shaft shows very consistent stability, performance, and feel across our 2 very different swing profiles within the 65g XS range and that's pretty sweet! 

0311201957.jpegScreenshot_20200308-180425.jpeg

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

26 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

I know these aren't the monstrous #s that @goaliewales14 is producing.. BUT what is very impressive is that the shaft shows very consistent stability, performance, and feel across our 2 very different swing profiles within the 65g XS range and that's pretty sweet! 

Those are great numbers!!  Glad you were finally able to get on an accurate monitor, but look at the consistency!!  

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Interesting how this is developing - azstu and Goalie are finding consistency at the high end of the swing speed scale while I’m finding it in the middle -

I can’t wait to get on a monitor to see where my numbers are at. So far the most important numbers 78,77 over 70 percent fairways hit, higher percentage of GIRs look really good.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I was finally able to get out this morning and play a little birthday 9. The shaft continues to amaze! The only time I missed my target was if I made a bad swing. A few time i got excited to let it fly and just messed up my swing. Highlight of the round was this drive right here!

20200312_104844.thumb.jpg.ebe0c2cca1a02221d087260e3664e1ce.jpg

Love see positive reviews! Have an F1 6X ordered and just scored a deal on an F3 7x to plug into my 3-wood. Liked the Ventus Black for stability but felt like the shaft was sort of lifeless. Hoping these have similar stability with the bonus of a little added speed like they claim!

So with the corona virus hitting, schools have been shut down for the next three weeks. This includes practice for my boys team. I’ll try to turn this into a positive for readers here and get some more on course and data with the new shaft.

I'm hoping to get on a Trackman tomorrow, can't wait!

Updated 07/15/2022

Wasn't swinging the best on trackman today, but will provide an analysis soon

Updated 07/15/2022

Here is the data from today:

Motore X F3

MotoreXCarry.thumb.jpg.443b0b10488d9011a81b93dd7f5f3bff.jpgMotoreXTotal.thumb.jpg.76b50b93d079102b5536489a8d7faa77.jpg

Evenflow Red Max Carry

MaxCarryCarry.thumb.jpg.1173386b0a8da85365fd579f6ee3f7bc.jpgMaxCarryTotal.thumb.jpg.b7df61d9a2bacdce674d07da9fa71d68.jpg

Based on today's results, the Evenflow Max Carry 45gram shaft performed better than the Motore X F3. However, one major thing to note. At this facility, they dont have normal driving range tees or mats where you can insert tees to your desired depth. Basically I had to try to break tees to get them to the right height, and I just couldn't get tees to the height that I preferred. That was really throwing me off overall. I'm not counting out the Motore yet. The Trackman results didn't reflect what I was seeing at the range when I was able to tee the ball up properly.

Updated 07/15/2022

Question for the group. If both my launch angle is too low and my backspin is too low (sometimes 1500), what exactly is going on? Where on the face am i hitting the ball?

Updated 07/15/2022

25 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Question for the group. If both my launch angle is too low and my backspin is too low (sometimes 1500), what exactly is going on? Where on the face am i hitting the ball?

I would say you're hitting higher on the face maybe? Too low can create to much gear effect and jump the spin way up. That's sometimes an issue that I face. 

Something that helps me to swing more up on the ball is to stay more planted on my back foot after the back swing is set. Be very deliberate in swinging up on the follow through. 

Give it a whirl and see if it helps

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Went to the good old driving range today. No launch monitor. Just crappy limited flight yellow balls with the black stripes.

Was absolutely loving the flight and consistency. Was getting pretty comfy stepping on the gas and was hitting some bombs through the end of the range into the 2nd hole fairway. I hate to be that guy.. but it feels kinda cool too..

After about 20 shots, and a good 10 rolling over the back embankment, I was first complemented by the instructor at the station next door and then politely asked to put my driver away. It was bitter sweet.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

The spin issue could be hitting it high on the face. You could also be toeing the driver a bit as well. Those are usually low launch, low spin knucklers. If you think you’re hitting it in the middle, then you might need to adjust the loft on the driver.

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

After about 20 shots, and a good 10 rolling over the back embankment, I was first complemented by the instructor at the station next door and then politely asked to put my driver away. It was bitter sweet.

Sounds like they need to get a net in the back of the range or move the tees back

Unfortunately, I'm staying in this weekend.  I'm going through a bit of a sinus infection and don't want the death glares from people when I cough.  I should be back up next week!  I also got word that the new NV Green shaft is ready to be picked up.  It'll definitely be a better comparison than my HZRDUS Yellow.  My HZRDUS Yellow is nowhere near as accurate and as long, so there hasn't even been a comparison.

Sounds like they need to get a net in the back of the range or move the tees back
Unfortunately, I'm staying in this weekend.  I'm going through a bit of a sinus infection and don't want the death glares from people when I cough.  I should be back up next week!  I also got word that the new NV Green shaft is ready to be picked up.  It'll definitely be a better comparison than my HZRDUS Yellow.  My HZRDUS Yellow is nowhere near as accurate and as long, so there hasn't even been a comparison.

I’m about ready to wear my doctors note saying that I am not contagious around my
neck as I am recovering from a sinus infection too. Haha

Yeah the tees we're all the way up to the club house. Not trying to throw shade at any particular age group in the slightest but the range is at my exec that is part of a retirement community. I don't think they designed the range with bigger hitters in mind.

Hey man feel better! Any way you cut it, right now is definitely not a great time to be under the weather.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

3 hours ago, azstu324 said:

I would say you're hitting higher on the face maybe? Too low can create to much gear effect and jump the spin way up. That's sometimes an issue that I face. 

Something that helps me to swing more up on the ball is to stay more planted on my back foot after the back swing is set. Be very deliberate in swinging up on the follow through. 

Give it a whirl and see if it helps

46 minutes ago, Rtracymog said:

The spin issue could be hitting it high on the face. You could also be toeing the driver a bit as well. Those are usually low launch, low spin knucklers. If you think you’re hitting it in the middle, then you might need to adjust the loft on the driver.

I'm guessing toe is probably the issue, too many marks on that side of the club :).

I need to work on my strike location, my carry yardage was pretty weak for my swingspeed. My average swingspeed today was above 103 according to Trackman. Some of my 105 and 106 swings only produced a carry in the 220s.

Updated 07/15/2022

I'm guessing toe is probably the issue, too many marks on that side of the club :).
I need to work on my strike location, my carry yardage was pretty weak for my swingspeed. My average swingspeed today was above 103 according to Trackman. Some of my 105 and 106 swings only produced a carry in the 220s.

That def sounds like high toe dive bombs. At least those run out a bit. Haha