Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

1 minute ago, azstu324 said:

Just a heads up, we've been given the green light to start posting our reviews ASAP.. so stay tuned! 

nice!  I'm anxious to see what you guys think, and for a chance to swing on of these myself! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

The Motore X has firmly made its place in my bag!

Today, I cleaned up a fundamental issue with my setup (gripping the club too lightly and left hand coming off at the top of the swing and then regripping the club and hitting snap hooks). After that, my SIM Max with Motore X F3 was money. I was hitting drives 240 to 250 carry down the middle, which may not be far for others, but for me that is in the outer limits of how far I have ever carried the ball. 

I was able to carry a bunker that was 250 yards out, but unfortunately got 0 roll. It was wet and the ball plugged and buried itself in the fairway where it landed. I have never even gotten close to carrying that bunker even from the white tees and I carried it today from the blue!

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

My official review is in on the first page

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

My official review is now up as well!!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Can't wait to see all of the reviews.

Updated 07/15/2022

I'm working on mine but my day job and then an afternoon round have gotten in the way so it's coming - hopefully by tomorrow afternoon.  I have to say that as I've started to write it was weird to see posts on our thread about guys dealing with snow.  We've been at this since February.  It could well be a MGS record for a shaft review.  🙂

Of course living in Florida I had my shaft in the driver and on the course the moment that it arrived.  My fitter is still not open - so I won't have any LM data but lets face it - I don't hit the ball as far as most of the guys chosen for this test.  I have some key on course ARCCOS data including the most important number of all, how this has impacted my average score or handicap index.  Stay tuned for that.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 2/18/2020 at 1:46 PM, dlow206 said:

Intro

First off, thank you to Fujikura and MGS for providing me the opportunity to review the Motore X shaft.

A little about me and my golf game. My name is Derrick and I am a high handicapper (low 100s). Although I first learned to play golf at the age of 10, I never really played golf consistently until 2019. In January 2020, I joined a club that is close to my house here in the Pacific Northwest, and I am now playing once a week. I would consider myself a beginner that is on the road to playing decent golf.

My current gamer is the SIM Max 10.5 degree that came with the stock Ventus Red (made for) shaft. I was sort of fit for it in the sense that I tried a few different drivers in a retail store and then tried a few different shafts within the TM offerings on a GC Quad.

I am not a big hitter, my swing speed on the launch monitor is typically between 100 to 105. On the course, I am guessing it is lower than that because I am not swinging as hard. I am happy on the course if I can hit the ball 230 and put it in the fairway. I do aspire in the future to hit longer as I continue to improve my swing.

Overall, my goal with this shaft test is two-fold. First, I want to try to increase my driver distance while decreasing dispersion. And second, I want to do a test for all the high handicappers out there in the world who are motivated to improve and are equipment junkies like me. I would like to help answer the question on how much difference can a shaft make for a high handicapper that does not put a consistent swing on the ball. I feel like most reviews out there on the interwebz are often by either pros or low handicappers, not the larger proportion of golfers out there that are like me.

About the Shaft & First Impressions

The tagline for the Motore X shaft is “Multiply your Speed”. Fujikura uses phrases like, “Engineered for speed and backed by stability.” It sounds like there is a lot of technology that went into the design, including using Fujikura’s Enso proprietary 3D motion capture system. In layman’s terms, Fujikura is trying to create a shaft to hit the ball farther while maintaining accuracy. Isn’t that the goal of every shaft maker? To do this, Fujikura has created the Motore X with the following bend profile:

image.png.bd370ec045fe535f31d1402a19046117.png

When I received a call from Fujikura, we discussed my swing and ball flight tendencies. Based on my swing speeds and my desire for a higher trajectory and more spin, I was fit in the Motore X F3 which is the higher launching and higher spinning model out of the two Motore X models. It is officially classified as “mid-high launch” and “mid spin”. I selected the 59 gram version, which is within the same range as my stock shaft.

In terms of looks, the shaft looks great, I will let the pictures speak:

image.png.0494254384801e33d729d1b117b2297d.png

For testing approach, I had planned to have multiple launch monitor sessions, but due to the Covid situation, I was only able to get one Trackman session in. In addition, I wanted to get in multiple rounds out on the course to see how it truly performs compared to other shafts I own (did I mention I am a shaft junkie?).

My criteria on whether the Motore X F3 shaft earns a spot in my bag is more than just how it performs on the launch monitor. While I think launch monitor performance is important, for me at least, what you see on the launch monitor is not always what you get out on the course. Ultimately, is this the shaft that gives me the most confidence and trust out on the course.

Grading

Looks (10/10):

For me, looks of a shaft are not that important. However, I would say this is a good looking, eye catching shaft. It has a race car look to my eye.

Feel (9/10):

I am one of those players that doesn’t really “feel” much difference in driver shafts, except when a shaft is too stiff or too boardy. The Motore X F3 is definitely not too stiff, and is not harsh feeling, which is what I expected. I would say its not as smooth as my Oban Kiyoshi Gold, but I believe that shaft has a more active tip. I would say the Motore X F3 feels good enough.

Basic Characteristics (18/20):

I had one launch monitor session on Trackman back in early March that I posted in this thread. I would re-post the entire set of stats but will give the TL DR version. During that session, I was a bit disappointed in the performance of the Motore X F3. It had performed better than my stock Ventus made for shaft but was beat out in distance and dispersion by the Project X Evenflow Red shaft. However, I had a pretty significant swing fault at that time that I recently fixed.

With my recent fixing of my setup/swing fault, here is a more accurate picture of the characteristics of this shaft for me:

• Trajectory: Mid-High launch would be an accurate assessment. I thought I was looking for high trajectory, but seeing the mid-high performance of the Motore X F3 showed me that is the best trajectory for me
  • Accuracy: Without a launch monitor to test my improved swing, its hard to say how the accuracy is compared to other shafts, but when I put a good swing on the ball, the ball is going where I want it to go. The snap hooks I hit are not the fault of the shaft
  • Spin: On the launch monitor, my spin was below 2000 with the Motore X F3, which is a little low for me. My miss is a toe hook, so that will naturally cause low spin. What I have noticed on the course is that besides the toe hook miss (which is my fault), the spin is sufficient, no knuckleballs falling out of the sky, which is what I am trying to prevent

On Course Performance (28/30):

As a high handicapper, I don’t really track hard stats. My goal is to keep the ball in play and moving forward. During my time playing golf, hitting driver has always been a liability for me. The snap hook off the tee has been the bane of my existence. I can’t blame any equipment for that, its me and my swing.

However, I had a recent epiphany about a setup issue where my left palm was coming off the grip at the top of the backswing. After fixing this issue, my driver swing has improved significantly. I played today and used the Motore X F3 for the full round and here were my key findings:

• Hit some of the farthest shots I have ever hit off the tee, and with accuracy. Carried a bunker 250 yards out. Would have loved to see how far that ball would have went with some roll-out, but that fairways were so wet that the ball buried itself in the fairway where it landed
  • Accuracy was good, had a few misses to the right, but minimal snap hooks, only 1 today. Had a few pulls, but there were me putting a bad swing on the ball. I would very satisfied with the accuracy
  • The biggest thing for me was that I trusted the shaft. A couple of holes I went after it and it produced the shots that I wanted. I believe being able to trust your equipment is especially important

Today, I shot my lowest 9 holes ever, a 44 from the blue tees, when I normally play from the white tees. The guys that I was paired up with insisted on playing from the blue tees, and I was a bit intimidated by that. But I ended up blasting it by them on almost all holes.

image.png.3e0c21e5fe4d26153bf5be8c461a3582.png

My on-course performance takeaway is that while I am not sure if the Motore X F3 is the absolute best performing shaft out of the 100s and 1000s of different shafts that exist in the market, but I trust it, period. It’s staying in the bag.

Miscellaneous (10/10):

Interaction was great in speaking with the folks from Fujikura and I believe I was fit into the right spec shaft.

Play it or Trade it (20/20):

It’s in the bag.

image.png.5bc26e558676e7fc0fb77289160938e2.png

Conclusion:

I trust the Motore X F3 with my SIM Max 10.5 head. I have hit some of my longest, most accurate drives with this shaft and head combo. Being a high handicapper, don’t know how much of that is due to fixing swing faults, but all I can say is I trust this combo and it’s going along for my golf journey.

image.png.4936f08a79261887cee25600463f343d.png

Final Score (95/100)

On 2/18/2020 at 1:47 PM, goaliewales14 said:

The Review

Intro

Hello fellow Spies!  I’d like to start by saying a huge thank you to MGS and Fujikura to allow me to review the new Motore X shaft!  I’d also like to thank everyone for their patience with this review as we work through these difficult times.

Over the past year, especially during quarantine, I’ve been going through some swing changes.  Those changes have led to my driver not performing the same as when I first purchased it.  I used to love taking out the driver and letting it rip.  Now I’ve been using my 3 wood, or driving iron, off the tee and having a longer club into the green.  This club is definitely holding me back from lowering my handicap.

I’d love to be able to take out the driver and have confidence to know I’ll be in the fairway that I’m actually playing rather than the hole next to me.  Consistency and forgiveness are my #1 priorities when I look at drivers.  I just don’t feel that my current shaft is setting me up for success anymore.  I feel that I’m losing where the club is during my swing.

735374217_FairwayMeme.jpg.511b7e8984b5e6d738a67ca0a44cf97f.jpg

Current Setup

I’m currently gaming the PXG Gen2 0811X with a Handcrafted HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76g shaft.  Interesting enough, I had a PXG tune-up fitting hours before being announced as a tester for the Motore X shaft.  During that fitting, I was fit into the Aldila NV Green 65 NXT X-flex.  I will also be using that shaft as a comparison for this review.

1267140409_DSC_2936(2).JPG.1031419d7beb95a707fa5ddde46a0770.JPG

First Impressions

The more research I did about this shaft, the more I couldn’t have been more excited to get this shaft out on the course!  To add to this excitement, we received a personal over-the-phone fitting from Fujikura themselves.  Who wouldn’t be excited to hit a shaft that the manufacturer personally walked you through?  Based on their analysis, they fit me into the Motore X F1 6X.  What makes it even better is that this shaft is supposed to have an extremely similar profile as the NV Green shaft I was just fit into by PXG.

After my fitting, I ask if he had time to answer a few questions around this shaft to get a little more in-depth as to the reasons behind why this shaft was created.  They took the learnings from Ventus, tightening dispersion, and basically asked how can we hit the ball further while still keeping the tight dispersion that Ventus promises.  To come up with that design, they used their ENSO system to capture what happens to a shaft at certain points in the swing.  One of the areas they really focused on with ENSO is minimizing how much the shaft twists during the swing.  Less twisting means more consistent delivery each time.

When the shaft came in, I couldn’t believe Fujikura added the MGS logo into the shaft!  We are now the only ones that will have a truly custom Motore X shaft.

391532780_DSC_2932(2).JPG.c1110301385de0a0b244c815a14cddec.JPG

The coloring of this shaft is beautiful.  I love the black, especially leading into the PXG head.  Just flows so well.

1016938621_DSC_2930(2).JPG.bf28dfcf8915572043118cbec27f2736.JPG 

Testing Process

During this review, I used multiple different launch monitors, as well as taking it to the course.  For this shaft to be “successful” in my eyes, I will be monitoring dispersion.  As I already mentioned, that is the #1 factor for me.  I’d love to know what it feels like to hit a 2nd shot from the short grass. 

I was also be paying close attention to club head and ball speeds.  With Fujikura saying this shaft “multiples speed” I would expect a small increase in both.  During my fitting with Fujikura, they mentioned I might be the * on that statement since my smash factor is already around 1.48.  When they make statements like “multiples speed,” they refer more to the people who haven’t had a proper fitting. 

Grading

Looks (9 out of 10 points)

I feel that most driver shafts on the market lack minimalism.  Whereas, most driver crowns are moving towards very simple and clean.  You have matte black crown with a very small alignment aid paired with a driver shaft that has oversized logos, multiple colors, and different size fonts.  Fujikura has listened with the Motore X!  They made sure to line up our adapter setting so when you’re looking down the shaft, all you see is black and the ombre rectangles.

1688786184_DSC_2928(2).JPG.871c0fc410529f25047e24c7b18dab33.JPG 

When you flip it over, you get the lettering of the shaft.  The one thing I love is that it doesn’t wrap around the shaft.  If you can clearly read everything.  Then right at the end of the lettering, the cherry on top, the MGS logo.  The only thing I would have liked to see would be the lettering continue to the ombre affect to allow it to blend in a bit better.  Most of us on here will eventually mess with the settings, possibly causing that lettering to be on top.

Feel (10 out of 10 points)

From the first hit with this shaft, I knew something was different.  You can feel the stability.  That shaft isn’t allowing that club face to twist, even on bad strikes.  We’ve all had those toe strikes where it feels like the club just twists wide open.  That can hugely impact where your ball ends up.  It could mean the different between OB and in the rough.  We I took the NV Green out for the first time, I really felt that difference.  The NV Green shaft was allowing the club to twist at the top of the backswing, and impact.  Whereas Motore X wasn’t twisting at all during any point in the swing.  Even if I wanted to really step on one, I had 100% confidence that the Motore X will keep up with me.

As I mentioned earlier, with my HZRDUS shaft I lose the club during my swing.  I believe a lot of that is due to it being counterbalanced.  That is the reason I ended up reaching out and getting fit again by PXG.  The NV Green shaft definitely allows me to feel the club, but the feel is just enhanced so much with the Motore X.

Basic Characteristics (20 out of 20 points)

GAME TIME!!  I was actually at the PGA Tour SS when I got the notification that I have a box from Fujikura sitting on my porch.  I immediately left to grab it and come back to jump on a launch monitor. 

The one thing that I noticed when looking at numbers was my backspin numbers.  At some points I was below 2,000 rpm.  I definitely needed make some adjustments to my weights and loft settings.  I went from having all my weights in the draw setting and 1 forward (I have an extra titanium weight) to all of them in the back and 1 forward.  I also lofted up 1.5 degrees.

Once I got the driver settings dialed in, I was hitting bombs!  I was typically averaging around 285 off the tee.  I was now averaging 300.  I did notice an uptick in swing speed and ball speed.  Not only were my shots long, but they were stacking on top of each other.  My dispersion dropped dramatically.  It looked like I might actually have my driver back. 

478471988_MotoreXGCQuad3-7.jpg.png.4c026eae86e16bc65a214dd9e095edb1.png

On-Course / LM Performance (30 out of 30 points)

I can’t think of anything on the course that this shaft isn’t giving me.  In a lot of situations before this shaft, I was teeing off with a driving iron or 3 wood.  This was leaving 30-50 yards on the table that would allow me to hit shorter clubs into greens.  Pretty much all of the par 5’s, I’d have to make them a 3 shot hole instead of trying for that eagle.

Granted, I’m not down the middle every single time, but no shaft in the world is going to fix a bad swing.  This shaft surely tried though!  There were some shots I put a terrible swing on it, and I’d end up just in the rough.  It wasn’t that I hit it 2 fairways over, under a forest of trees, or OB.  This was a major struggle with par 4’s.  My second shot was just to get it back into play rather than go for the green.

I do have to say that I’m experiencing 1 problem out on the course…I keep running through fairways.  There have been multiple times where I’ve gotten up to my ball to see it just in the rough from over shooting the fairway.  We’re talking one shot below where the fairway ends at 300 yards before the creek.  May be time to start moving back to a new set of tees!

20200512_142211.jpg.f6adc773273993b223dcc5897995f9b4.jpg

Miscellaneous (10 out of 10 points)

The major thing for me on this review was getting to speak with Fujikura personally.  It was amazing to be able to ask them questions and have them personally set up your shaft for you.  It almost feels like a pro who’s on contract with them.  I was a bit worried if Fujikura was going to have a PXG adapter just, but sure enough, they had them!

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

100% playing this shaft!  It actually wants to make me look at getting a Motore X for my 3 wood.  When you can step up to the tee box and call your line, what more can you ask for in a driver?  Looks like I’ve got a HZRDUS and NV Green up for sale now!

Conclusion

Are you someone who has an aggressive transition?  Are you someone looking for stability in your shafts?  The Motore X is hands down the best shaft I’ve ever put into my driver.  That includes going head-to-head with 2 shafts out of fittings with PXG.  I’ve picked up distance, speed (both swing and ball), and dispersion.  I’m not sure how this shaft will ever come out of my bag!  I can’t thank MGS and Fujikura enough for this amazing opportunity!

Final Score: (99 out of 100 points)

Well done guys I really enjoyed reading these reviews. Also well done on the memes...sucker for a good meme that is well placed.

@goaliewales14 really liked your thought process on the look aspect (both of you enjoyed the write up) but you nailed looks right on the head “oversized logos, multiple colors and large fonts” 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

7 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Well done guys I really enjoyed reading these reviews. Also well done on the memes...sucker for a good meme that is well placed.

@goaliewales14 really liked your thought process on the look aspect (both of you enjoyed the write up) but you nailed looks right on the head “oversized logos, multiple colors and large fonts” 

Thanks for following along with our reviews. It was an interesting process with Covid stopping some of us in the middle of our testing. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Mine is delayed at least one more day due to trying to get Penny qualified for SSDI.

They don’t believe she’s disabled.

60874572399__2899F66C-5DC8-41B5-8A8C-71748F00945E.JPG

Yeah I’m pretty sure she’s faking it. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 minutes ago, revkev said:

Mine is delayed at least one more day due to trying to get Penny qualified for SSDI.

They don’t believe she’s disabled.

60874572399__2899F66C-5DC8-41B5-8A8C-71748F00945E.JPG

Yeah I’m pretty sure she’s faking it. 😞

Wow that is terrible.  Take care of the family business Rev!  We’ll be here waiting for ya when you have some time.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Hey all, My post is up. I'll be doing some fine-tuning but it's pretty well good to go! 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

Hey all, My post is up. I'll be doing some fine-tuning but it's pretty well good to go! 

Nice review and I'm glad you're feeling better these days!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Intro
About 2 ½ years ago, if asked to describe my game, my response would have gone something like this: I’d really like to break 90 someday but probably not in the foreseeable future. My driver is all over the place, but mostly in every neighborhood right of whatever hole I’m on. Swing speed.. What’s that? Forged clubs are for professionals only.. or at least I think. What ball do I use?: Whichever one I pull out of my bag next.
Fast forward to today and my perspective on the game has changed a bit.. Any coincidence that it was almost exactly 2 ½ years ago that I joined MGS and my golf game has improved in a way that I didn’t think would be conceivable? Looking back at my very 1st post when I was digging for answers on Maltby golf clubs, I was welcomed to the fold by MGS staple figures such as@tommc23,@revkev,@MattF, @BIG STU, and many others who have played one part or another in my blossoming obsession with this game that we’re all gathered here to celebrate.
image.png.7d45a4db9876659ffb644805967db35f.png
Most days I find myself shooting in the mid to high 70’s with a handicap between 8-9. Driver swing speed is just a hair north of 110 mph. Back swing is slower and very deliberate with a pretty smooth transition and tempo. Prior to beginning the test, I would say my average driver carry distance is around 265 yds with a good 10-15 yds of roll out. To average around 280 yds total.
Typical ball flight is lower than most but powerful with some decent roll out. Here in AZ where the ground is harder than most parts of the country, if you have to use crappy conditions to your advantage and a lower spin, runner ball will get you much more distance than a pop fly.

My typical miss would be the dreaded pull. The good thing about having spent countless obsessive hours working on swing mechanics is that when I start to see the pull, I know that I’m getting lazy with my swing and know how to fix things before it destroys my round.  
I try not to look at my game as having strengths and weaknesses to compare. I enjoy all aspects of the game and try to focus on each equally. Driving, Iron shots, wedge play, putting, course management, mental strength, etc all get equal attention. I feel better knowing that if one or 2 skills don’t show up on a given day, that I can usually balance them out by having the others sharpened and ready to go.
image.png.c67f08af0952c083e9ae913798bb822a.pngimage.png.425ab3325752f1de6c73ad7ea6d851e1.png
image.png.cf386310324162c51331904067ab2738.png
I just love this driver! This one for me just checks all of the boxes. When it first came out with the carbon crown and milled face I just knew I had to have one. Took me a couple of years but I was finally able to get one in the bag and haven’t looked back. I’ve been playing it with a 67g UST ProForce V2 Black (S) for the past couple seasons and have had some good success with the combo. I’ll admit that the flex may be a tad light but the shaft in general is pretty stable and has produced some really great #’s for an aftermarket option.  
As far as what I’m looking to get out of any club in my hands, it’s all about consistency and reliability. I want to know that as long as I’m doing my part, the club will deliver. I don’t need crazy long yardage. I just expect that Distance, Spin, and Trajectory are (X, Y, Z) and that this is what I’ll get back. Is that too much to ask?
On-course game, course management, etc, I’d say that I’m a calculated risk taker. There are some courses that I play regularly and am very familiar with the risk/reward shots. I’ll definitely play more aggressive lines if I know the rewards and if my abilities can outplay the risks. Otherwise, I’ll play more conservatively if I’m not familiar with the course layout. Most par 5’s I’m able to reach in 2. I didn’t say that I land on the green in 2 but am very capable of reaching the distances in 2 shots. As for par 4’s, I’ve recently changed my tone on using driver just because it says “par 4”. I’m going to be sticking to a new rule moving forward: less than 375 yds = less than driver. Whatever club leaves me with a full 100 – 125 yd approach shot, I seem to have a better outcome than a ¾ wedge shot.

Hi, I’m MotoreX, it’s a pleasure to meet your acquaintance.. (first impressions)
image.png.eec33f193b4bb70c9dcf851e3633530f.pngimage.png.4cf0164f2fe4989cd6939a4432dcba32.png
I’m a person who finds beauty in simplicity. I think it’s admirable when something can be created that has so much detail under the surface but doesn’t need an exterior that says “hey look at me!” to be noted as something extraordinary. I find that to be case with the MotoreX.
image.png.fb90801ffe94dceb3944ab275cc72e2e.png
image.png.ec19a163b0141b7842fa51ef72cc452b.png

Performance Specs:
Fujikura has a very interesting claim with this particular shaft. Their marketing slogan “Multiply Your Speed” had a lot of us wondering how they were going to deliver those claims. By utilizing their proprietary, and very high-tech, High-Speed Motion Capture system (ENSO), which uses 8 motion capture cameras from various angles, they are able to detect every single bend and twist point throughout the shaft, throughout the entire swing. This allows Fujikura to manufacture an even more refined and fine-tuned shaft that retains the necessary bending qualities for load and release, while nearly eliminating the counter-productive twisting that can occur throughout the driver swing.       
image.png.16551584691711e332411567c043ae2d.png    image.png.f98c8864abc1d70c621e02beb61e04d0.png

Imagine a catapult, it has 2 primary directional movements. Backward to load and then forward to release sending all of its energy in the direction of the target in a straight line. Now imagine if you were to add a 30* twist just before its released. Probably not a very accurate outcome right? That’s essentially what’s happening a lot of the time when we swing a driver and the shaft has too much twist through the release and contact with the ball. With this ENSO technology, Fujikura claims to have that all but eliminated the counterproductive twisting while maintaining those sweet feelings that we all look for in a driver shaft.
I’ll admit that while all of the techy stuff sounds very interesting and even plausible, I just didn’t know how it was possible to turn my 110 MPH swing into 113+. I was also very interested to see how the shaft chosen for me by Fujikura based on my swing characteristics was going to perform well for me when@goaliewales14 was recommended the same shaft and has what sounds like a more aggressive and even faster swing. Ultimately though, it was extremely cool to be talking directly with Fujikura and getting the opportunity to pick their brain about the different shaft offerings for the MotoreX.
Ultimately my hopes throughout this testing were not even to increase speed or distance. I know.. sounds silly doesn’t it? But having a swing speed and distance slightly lower than the tour average doesn’t hurt my feelings one bit. My overall expectation is to find a new level of consistency with my driver while maintaining my distance and trajectory, and lowering spin a few hundred rev’s. Added distance would be the cherry on top.
Looks (9 out of 10 points) 
Flat black is always a favorite when done correctly. What color there is, is not over done in the slightest and doesn’t look like a unicorn threw up its Halloween candy (like so many others). The 1 very minor gripe is that you aren’t really given a “logo down” option. With the logo facing down, you still have the graphics on the back side of the shaft. Again, very minor. Everything about the appearance just says “Premium” grade!. The icing on the cake was the added MGS logo laser etched into the paint. Knowing that this is 1 of 5 in the entire world just makes this all the more sentimental (sorry rest of the world).
Feel (10 out of 10 points)
I don’t know how Fujikura did it, but they nailed my fitting perfectly. The weight, balance, butt, middle, tip, and kick point are all just what I’m looking for. This is my first X flex shaft too and I was slightly hesitant to go stiffer. Ultimately I’m glad I did and it’s been a tremendous payoff.
Basic Characteristics (18 out of 20 points)
My testing consisted of both “dry” and “wet” ball data as Mark Crossfield would put it. I spent time collecting stats on the launch monitors as well as putting the shaft to the real test on the course. Ultimately it’s all about how the shaft performs in the elements on the battle field. While live course data won’t give spin and launch numbers, total distance and where the ball stops is as good as anything a launch monitor can show. During the course of testing, I spent probably a good 10 hours at my home away from home (PGATSS) and played a good 10 rounds at Springfield GC where I’m a member as well as another 5 or so rounds at other local tracks. The pictures shown are GPS tracking from the tee to where the ball stopped.
Screenshot_20200530-160028.png.1a7315c185699edcad6089f88be66fc0.png
Screenshot_20200516-140451.png.fb837830e51d0cd1be00a5003c28bd44.png
Screenshot_20200525-193016.png.8c204fa3249365abb0607dd2642c6020.pngScreenshot_20200516-155908.png.7484db3053b42ffdd2956dc4c9955205.png

Below: The first picture is with my original ProForce V2 shaft. You can see that the dispersion wasn’t great. The spin wasn’t horrible but the distance and ball speed were definitely lower than the MotoreX. I found these results to be very repetitive throughout the entire testing.
UST ProForce V2
image.png.c36229e122141a9fd8fb130c81c03cca.png
MotoreX F1 6X
image.png.0235827190e48413112c53c8957f073c.png

On-Course (28 out of 30 points)
Something that I’ve noticed is that the shaft does it’s real work on the course (as it should). Launch monitor mumbo jumbo is nice and all, but take all the fancy numbers away and focus on the basics, in real-life scenarios, how does it perform when it really matters? Dispersion, Feel, Total Distance. I just need those 3 things to be consistent and I’ve got a winner.  
Here are just a few (of many) GPS tee to ball trackings that I was able to take during actual rounds. I would say that these are a good field sample of probably 80% of my shots. The course data tells the most important story IMO. To conclude the performance aspect of the shaft, it’s safe to say that Fujikura’s original claims of the MotoreX have been gift wrapped and hand delivered and I couldn’t be more impressed with my experience.  

Miscellaneous (10 out of 10 points)
Not a whole lot to say here that hasn’t already been said. The personal experience with Fujikura, the craftsmanship and qualify of the product along with the cohesion of marketing and tech with actual performance delivery have left me with nothing but happy feelings.

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)
No chance I’ll be trading, selling, or giving this away. This is what some of us would refer to as the “cold dead hands” classification of golf equipment.
Conclusion
Regardless of your swing profile, The MotoreX F1 is a shaft that will help you find YOUR best swing. It delivers on all claims and the tech under the hood is the real deal!
Final Score: (95 out of 100 points)
MotoreX.. Swing Faster, Hit Further, Play Better you will...
image.png.e1fea526b44fa4432e7535d9524a14e0.png

Nice review you certainly found a winner!
I have to agree with you guys that the motoreX looks fantastic.

I was one click away from picking up an F8 myself after hitting my friends. Solid setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Fujikura Golf - tagging to check out our recent reviews that have been posted

Updated 07/15/2022

Well this is quite the start on the stage 2's. Good work fellas!  Enjoy hitting bombs!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Um... (Scratching head)
Screenshot_20200603-184828.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Um... (Scratching head)
Screenshot_20200603-184828.jpeg

Man how hard are those fairways in AZ? LOL Keep hitting bombs!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I'm sure the heat had something to do with it

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Stellar job to everyone so far! Looks like a huge victory for Fujikura with a 4/4 success rate from a really diverse spectrum of testers! 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

55 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Stellar job to everyone so far! Looks like a huge victory for Fujikura with a 4/4 success rate from a really diverse spectrum of testers! 

You can make that a clean sweep! 5/5

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Mine is up as well. I see an issue with the video that I will address tomorrow -

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Very well done everyone! 

Shaft reviews are some of the most challenging and you all did a tremendous job. Bravo!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Great work spys, well written and thought out reviews. What would you all say is the one thing that makes this shaft better than your previous shafts?

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

well you guys all made me want to go try this shaft.  Great results from a diverse group of swings!

Great work, everyone! Really enjoyed reading all of the reviews this morning.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, Nunfa0 said:

Great work spys, well written and thought out reviews. What would you all say is the one thing that makes this shaft better than your previous shafts?

For starters, and this has nothing to do with the new shaft, but I've realized that my swing is definitely better suited for a 65g X flex instead of S. 

As for the difference in the MotoreX shaft vs my previous shaft AND others that I've tried, the difference I'm finding is that it's EXTREMELY stable and consistent through different types of swings. I'm not getting a different reaction if I let off the gas vs blasting one to space. Because the face isn't really twisting, how you deliver is how the ball goes. What's interesting though is the shaft is not lacking feeling in any way. It's not like a piece of rebar at all. The release is more smooth rather than an abrupt kick at the very end. Probably something to do with the slightly softer handle (relative to the rest of the shaft). Some shafts really require a good amount of lag to load up and get good release. The MotoreX doesn't feel like it it requires you to throw your hands way out in front. It swings with you. if that makes any sense. 

I think what I found most interesting is that I found a more natural feeling swing throughout this process. I realized that I was manipulating the club quite a bit to account for more torsional twist, which ultimately resulted in inconsistent dispersion. It's hard to realize that until you start playing a shaft like this. I think that some of us had to go through a period of swing correction at the beginning as we all probably had pre-programmed over compensations of sorts. 

Hopefully the others can either confirm or deny my claims just to get some comparisons.. 😜

I will add though that I was able to take my UST ProForce V2 and tip trim about 1.5" and put in an Adams Tight Lies2 3 wood and it has made a hell of a driver replacement that I can swing the guts out of with fantastic results! 

0530200706.thumb.jpg.91ffce3698b52a9c93ca5dc4bc5c74b3.jpg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Stability! It feels stable and creates a stable ball flight. Makes it very easy to put that extra umph into your swing

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rev I just went back and saw your video! With a little polish and practice, I think you might be able to start a channel😋 Rev's Reviews.. I'd subscribe! nice work sir! 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

I'm going to echo @revkev on this and say 100% stability.  Even with NV Green shaft being extremely similar in profile, you can feel how the NV Green shaft twists more during my swing.  Something I would say I never noticed a difference before having a shaft like the Motore X.  TXG just recently did a comparison of the Fujikura Ventus shafts, stock (no VeloCore) vs aftermarket (w/VeloCore).  Even though it's not the Motore X, I would say that it's a great representation of what I was seeing.  If you guys recall my strike pattern photo earlier in this review, the stability in the Motore X allowed me to be much more consistent.  The NV Green shaft isn't a bad shaft, it's just that the Motore X is just that much better!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done