TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

By the way you guys have blown us away with your reviews and the ongoing conversation about Motore X! Thank you so much and let's keep it rolling!
For those of you guys who were not testers, but are interested to try the product - what would get you to do so? Promo at your local clubfitter (i.e. test a motore x and get discount), an online trial program (you get shipped a demo to plug and play into your driver head), etc? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Having a trial program would be amazing! It’s tough in a fitting when you maybe get 5 swings or so in a particular head to say “This is totally worth $X upcharge.” I think that it would definitely help people feel more confident in the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

13 hours ago, COmedic said:

I would love an online trial program. I have one small golf shop in my town of 100k people. They have no custom fitting options, just the fitting carts they receive. I’m left to constantly buy and resell equipment to try to build my bag. I’d pay a small fee to try out shafts. Not $40 for a week as someone above said, but $10 or $15.

$10 wouldn’t cover the one way freight much less insurance. 

I can’t imagine how great it would be for small town folks who don’t have immediate access to Fujikura products. Fingers crossed they’ll heed this advice. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

17 hours ago, bens197 said:

$10 wouldn’t cover the one way freight much less insurance.

I can’t imagine how great it would be for small town folks who don’t have immediate access to Fujikura products. Fingers crossed they’ll heed this advice. 

You are absolutely correct, $10 won't cover their costs. But, If it gets their shafts into the hands of more and more golfers, it could probably be justified similarly to the way milk pricing is for grocery stores. I'm actually more concerned about proper fitting - from Fujikura's prospective as well as the consumer's! On-line fitting still relies on subjective data for them to provide the right shaft, and how many of those who a trial program is targeted to can provide it? Arccos has pretty much proven that most golfers have a substantially inflated view of their carry distances (I did and I thought I was being conservative!!). In fact, the popular club fitter from Canada, TXG, now requires Arccos membership before they will do any fitting. (How many times have you had a particularly great range session, followed by a pretty poor one. One fitting session probably doesn't accurately display your skills - good or bad.) So maybe Fujikura can ask for that kind of data for a VERY reasonably priced trial.

That being said, I took the leap of faith last March and bought the Motore X for my Epic Flash SZ. I do have a PRGR to check swing speed so I had fairly accurate swing speed info, and I liked the weight of the stock 65 gram Tensei AV Blue shaft. So I bought the F3 65R. Still pretty risky! But I've played around with driver settings and now have several rounds of golf and I can honestly say that this is the best driver/shaft combination I've ever had.  Still no subjective data, but I'm at least 10 to 15 yards longer and absolutely straighter than before. Would the Ventus have performed even better? No clue. But I do love this shaft and would encourage everyone to check it out.

A quick shout-out to the official testers! Great reports guys!!!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

On 5/16/2020 at 5:10 PM, Quigleyd said:

The motore and I are getting to be better friends.. I think the more I play with it the more I like it.

@Quigleyd - You used to play a Ventus right? If so, how would you compare the dispersion of the Ventus vs. the Motore X?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

19 hours ago, dlow206 said:

@Quigleyd - You used to play a Ventus right? If so, how would you compare the dispersion of the Ventus vs. the Motore X?

They are similar. The Ventus was straighter for sure. I feel I get a touch more speed out of the Motore X and a slightly more active feel. I still have the ventus but I am starting to like the Motore in the driver and I am considering a Ventus for a fairway wood. I really struggled with the Motore X at first to the point I almost ditched it. But I am coming to like it more and more. 

Both are awesome and Fuji has some legit stuff. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

19 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

They are similar. The Ventus was straighter for sure. I feel I get a touch more speed out of the Motore X and a slightly more active feel. I still have the ventus but I am starting to like the Motore in the driver and I am considering a Ventus for a fairway wood. I really struggled with the Motore X at first to the point I almost ditched it. But I am coming to like it more and more. 

Thanks. I did what I always do and found a good deal on a Ventus Red 5S so I will have it in hand to compare with the Motore X F3 5S. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

42 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Two questions...What were you playing prior to the Motore and of all the shafts you’ve played, what’s been your favorite thus far?

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

32 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Two questions...What were you playing prior to the Motore and of all the shafts you’ve played, what’s been your favorite thus far?

Gosh, I like to try a lot of stuff. Its really an expensive and bad habit. 

Here are the last few shafts in order. 

Kuro Kage black 7x

Graphite Design AD DI 7X

Ventus blue 7X

Ventus black 6X - borrowed never bought, but played enough to get a good sample size.

Haz green 60 TX

Haz green 70X

KBS TD tour catagory 5 7X

UST Mamiya LINQ gun metal 60X

Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch. 

I also have a rogue white 70X tipped an inch I have not even tried.. 

It is kind of a toss up as to which I have liked the most. I would say I have played my best golf probably ever with the Ventus blue. It is super straight. I have hit my longest drives with the Haz green 60TX when I am swinging well that thing is a ball speed monster. The KBS is a bit of a different animal all together as it is higher torque over all and very tip heavy. Not sure about it yet. I am having a hard time figuring it out. . 

The Motore F1 seems very good in terms of distance and direction. I am really starting to like it alot and it seems to be performing very well. If I had to settle on a shaft and get rid of the rest it would either be the Motore or the Ventus blue. 

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

Kuro Kage black 7x

Graphite Design AD DI 7X

Ventus blue 7X

Ventus black 6X - borrowed never bought, but played enough to get a good sample size.

Haz green 60 TX

Haz green 70X

It is kind of a toss up as to which I have liked the most. I would say I have played my best golf probably ever with the Ventus blue. It is super straight. I have hit my longest drives with the Haz green 60TX when I am swinging well that thing is a ball speed monster. The KBS is a bit of a different animal all together as it is higher torque over all and very tip heavy. Not sure about it yet. I am having a hard time figuring it out. . 

The Motore F1 seems very good in terms of distance and direction. I am really starting to like it alot and it seems to be performing very well. If I had to settle on a shaft and get rid of the rest it would either be the Motore or the Ventus blue. 

That’s a decent sample size 😉

Thanks man, this is all good to toss in the box for later. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

46 minutes ago, bens197 said:

That’s a decent sample size 😉

Thanks man, this is all good to toss in the box for later. 

Like I said, I basically have a disease... haha. 

2 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Kuro Kage black 7x

Graphite Design AD DI 7X

Ventus blue 7X

Haz green 60 TX

Haz green 70X

I feel better about the random shafts that I have purchase over the past year lol.

Updated 07/15/2022

37 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Like I said, I basically have a disease... haha. 

I think you’re in the right place 😊

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Had a good round driving the ball today. Made some bad swings, but the driver kept me in play on a very tight course. Couldn’t hit a 2nd shot today to save my life though. Motore X still going strong!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

My Motore X is still going well.  My swing isn't as some of you may have noticed in the training aids section of the forum, I'm working through the Planemate.  The shaft keeps up with me no mater what I do with my swing, but if you leave the face wide open, no shaft is saving you. 😂

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

This might be a dumb question but with modern graphite shafts like the Motore X is "puring" even necessary and is it worth it for an average golfer? I have not read in this review thread if that was done for any of the testers. I saw an article several years ago singing its praises and see that its always an option when buying a shaft from online retailers like the Golfworks. Reading through this thread I noticed a number of club tinkerers who seem to try a lot of shafts which seems like it would be fun but could get a bit pricey. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

This might be a dumb question but with modern graphite shafts like the Motore X is "puring" even necessary and is it worth it for an average golfer? I have not read in this review thread if that was done for any of the testers. I saw an article several years ago singing its praises and see that its always an option when buying a shaft from online retailers like the Golfworks. Reading through this thread I noticed a number of club tinkerers who seem to try a lot of shafts which seems like it would be fun but could get a bit pricey. 

Puring is a proprietary approach that requires expensive equipment. Flo’ing is basically the same process to find the shafts spine.
Is it needed? manufacturers will say no that the tolerances prevent the need to pure a shaft. Some people will say that it is important and will make the performance better. I kind of fall into the thought that it won’t hurt performance so why not do it and I would love to try some shafts that have been pured. Lots of opinions on this topic.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Puring is a proprietary approach that requires expensive equipment. Flo’ing is basically the same process to find the shafts spine.

Is it needed? manufacturers will say no that the tolerances prevent the need to pure a shaft. Some people will say that it is important and will make the performance better. I kind of fall into the thought that it won’t hurt performance so why not do it and I would love to try some shafts that have been pured. Lots of opinions on this topic.

I’ve had pured shafts on all my clubs before - not really convinced that it mattered.

Shafts do matter to me at least later in life. This shaft is so stable! I feel that way about the shafts in my G30 and also about the shafts I my C100’s - matrix projects - those shafts were the bomb for my swing.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 6/16/2020 at 6:47 PM, revkev said:

I’ve had pured shafts on all my clubs before - not really convinced that it mattered.

Shafts do matter to me at least later in life. This shaft is so stable! I feel that way about the shafts in my G30 and also about the shafts I my C100’s - matrix projects - those shafts were the bomb for my swing.

Those of you who also follow TXG may know the name Dr. Sasho MacKenzie; they've spoken about him several times in the past. He's a golf bio-mechanics researcher of note. Back in January he said in an Andrew Rice podcast that his research has shown very little benefit to shaft flo'ing. But if you do, the spine should be placed at 45 degs rather than straight horizontal or vertical.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

5 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Hey everybody! I know this thread is old news by now.. but I had the round of my life yesterday. I've really been finding my swing since we started testing with the Motore X.

Yesterday I played at the Sedona Golf Resort (10th anniversary/father's day gift from the Mrs). I shot a 75/71. As you can see from my Garmin stats, I was 13/13 for fairways hit! I've found a very reliable 5-10 yd fade. The front 9 seemed like It was just point and shoot. The back 9 however was a true test as the fairways were extremely tight and tricky, and I had to bounce back and forth from driver to 3 wood and even 4 iron to manage the layout. That said, this process has really helped me to develop a very reliable and controlled outcome.

Not only is my carry and total distance about 10 to 15 yds further than before, but I honestly feel like I'm swinging about half as hard. This has translated to, of course distance, but also control, and even maintaining stamina from the 1st to the 18th because I don't feel like I'm swinging out of my shoes to hit 285 - 300 us shots.

I really feel like my 2020 goal of breaking par and reducing my handicap to sub-5 is within my sights.

Screenshot_20200620-072829.jpeg38202.jpeg38198.jpeg0619201634.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Congrats on the great round @azstu324, sounds like your whole game is coming together!! It makes such a difference when you can stand on a tee and feel confident about where the ball is going to go.

The course photos are amazing too 😍😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Going to play a round today. Today I am putting into play a Ventus Red 5S Velocore to compare with the Motore X. I couldn't resist the good deal I got on a Ventus pull.

Updated 07/15/2022

Hey everybody! I know this thread is old news by now.. but I had the round of my life yesterday. I've really been finding my swing since we started testing with the Motore X.

Yesterday I played at the Sedona Golf Resort (10th anniversary/father's day gift from the Mrs). I shot a 75/71. As you can see from my Garmin stats, I was 13/13 for fairways hit! I've found a very reliable 5-10 yd fade. The front 9 seemed like It was just point and shoot. The back 9 however was a true test as the fairways were extremely tight and tricky, and I had to bounce back and forth from driver to 3 wood and even 4 iron to manage the layout. That said, this process has really helped me to develop a very reliable and controlled outcome.

Not only is my carry and total distance about 10 to 15 yds further than before, but I honestly feel like I'm swinging about half as hard. This has translated to, of course distance, but also control, and even maintaining stamina from the 1st to the 18th because I don't feel like I'm swinging out of my shoes to hit 285 - 300 us shots.

I really feel like my 2020 goal of breaking par and reducing my handicap to sub-5 is within my sights.

Screenshot_20200620-072829.jpeg.20e7e776be809606528070e10b7e245c.jpeg38202.jpeg.d1d9f1784cbb18df95de39fc8a7e4515.jpeg38198.jpeg.f1b1f2bc2fcf7111f7ac0e1dfc71d302.jpeg0619201634.jpeg.85fd03bb31b43b5fd54f8fecc42fd150.jpeg

Wow! That’s awesome! Did you play a fade before?

This thread be old news to some, but not to me! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I'll quick chime in and say I hit the Motore X F3 during my #CobraConnect fitting and really enjoyed the feel. Going with the Aldila Rogue Silver as the stock option, but I wouldn't be opposed to ordering the Motore X down the line. Outstanding feel and the ball speed numbers were nice, too. And of all of the shafts I tried on a day where my driver swing was poor, it was one of the most accurate.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Wow! That’s awesome! Did you play a fade before?

This thread be old news to some, but not to me! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when I'm hitting the ball well, yes my normal flight is a fade.. but when I'm not connecting or just getting lazy, my flight can go from snap hook, to pull, to slice all in the same game.

I know that a lot of it is the driver behind the wheel.. but I think that the feedback that I've gotten from each type of miss-hit has really helped me find a nice repeatable swing and create a pre-swing feeling that I can take to the tee.

Now circling WAY back to Fujikura's "multiplied speed" claims, that I don't think I went into much detail on.. if I'm hitting the ball exponentially further, with what seems like less effort, while maintaining exceptional control, I would say that's a pretty solid confirmation of "multiplied speed". 😊

Edited by azstu324

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, edingc said:

I'll quick chime in and say I hit the Motore X F3 during my #CobraConnect fitting and really enjoyed the feel. Going with the Aldila Rogue Silver as the stock option, but I wouldn't be opposed to ordering the Motore X down the line. Outstanding feel and the ball speed numbers were nice, too. And of all of the shafts I tried on a day where my driver swing was poor, it was one of the most accurate.

Feel aside, were the numbers profoundly better or was it a coin flip?

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

12 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Feel aside, were the numbers profoundly better or was it a coin flip?

With the swing I had, it was a coin flip. The fitter was supposed to upload the numbers to my Trackman locker but he hasn't done that yet or else I could throw some numbers in.

I was steep, like really steep (4-ish down) during my fitting with the woods though. I just remember the feel and ease I had swinging it, comparatively, to say the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow or Ventus Black. Unfortunately, my lesson Wednesday has helped to resolve the steepness, wish I could have had that swing during the fitting.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

2 hours ago, edingc said:

With the swing I had, it was a coin flip. The fitter was supposed to upload the numbers to my Trackman locker but he hasn't done that yet or else I could throw some numbers in.

I was steep, like really steep (4-ish down) during my fitting with the woods though. I just remember the feel and ease I had swinging it, comparatively, to say the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow or Ventus Black. Unfortunately, my lesson Wednesday has helped to resolve the steepness, wish I could have had that swing during the fitting.

Still, it’s good to know that you’re fitting into a wider spectrum of shafts when you’re dialed in. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Holy crap, i played the Ventus Red 5S today and it felt like cheating. Its definitely more forgiving than the Motore X. Nothing went left on me, no nasty hooks. On hole 3, right at impact i was like oh sh*t that snap hook is going in the woods. It started directly left at the trees but then it just faded back into the fairway, i was like wtf.

The one adjustment that i need to get used to is everything with this Ventus fades, so i really can go after it without worrying about left. The only time it went left on me was on the range when i purposefully tried to turn one over, and it turned into a hook.

For those that like to hit draws, curious to see what your ball flight is like. In my mind it is harder to turnover by far than the Motore X.

i do think the Ventus was slightly shorter in distance though.

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Holy crap, i played the Ventus Red 5S today and it felt like cheating. Its definitely more forgiving than the Motore X. Nothing went left on me, no nasty hooks. On hole 3, right at impact i was like oh sh*t that snap hook is going in the woods. It started directly left at the trees but then it just faded back into the fairway, i was like wtf.

The one adjustment that i need to get used to is everything with this Ventus fades, so i really can go after it without worrying about left. The only time it went left on me was on the range when i purposefully tried to turn one over, and it turned into a hook.

For those that like to hit draws, curious to see what your ball flight is like. In my mind it is harder to turnover by far than the Motore X.

i do think the Ventus was slightly shorter in distance though.

Does this mean you'll have one for sale soon? 👀

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Does this mean you'll have one for sale soon? 👀

Not sure yet, gotta make sure its not just a honeymoon period with the Ventus.

Updated 07/15/2022