Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

I can't top @azstu324's round of 75, but today with the work of Motore X and the work I've done with the Planemate the last few weeks, I shot a career low round today!

20200621_145840.jpg.b45d249745e9322428bb40d2d9d7da3f.jpg

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

2 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I can't top @azstu324's round of 75, but today with the work of Motore X and the work I've done with the Planemate the last few weeks, I shot a career low round today!

20200621_145840.jpg.b45d249745e9322428bb40d2d9d7da3f.jpg

Coincidence that 2 of us have had best low rounds since plugging in the Motore X? 🤑

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Coincidence that 2 of us have had best low rounds since plugging in the Motore X? 

Hey I had a 72! :)

So maybe my rounds look a bit different from you guys but I’m still pretty happy with that. It’s been over a year since I shot even and far longer than that since I’ve been in the 60’s.

Sometime soon though!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

4 hours ago, revkev said:

Hey I had a 72! 🙂

So maybe my rounds look a bit different from you guys but I’m still pretty happy with that. It’s been over a year since I shot even and far longer than that since I’ve been in the 60’s.

Sometime soon though!

Oh man, my apologies. Definitely not leaving you out on purpose. Inching closer to par is a pretty major accomplishment to us non-scratch golfers 😛.. But I'm sure getting back to your old "par shootin ways" has to be a great feeling too! 🙂  

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Oh man, my apologies. Definitely not leaving you out on purpose. Inching closer to par is a pretty major accomplishment to us non-scratch golfers 😛.. But I'm sure getting back to your old "par shootin ways" has to be a great feeling too! 🙂  

I was only reflecting on the difference in driving distance.  Someone who hits it as far as you guys do has a great advantage but there's much more that can go wrong along the way, also.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My sim plus motore X took me from this. Playing the gold. 

3A8991F5-DE84-4F53-858E-9EEFCE550DF8.jpeg

To this.. I hit a good shot just past pin high with my original one 13.5 mini driver. 

image.jpg

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

This Saturday, I might be adding another Fujikura shaft to my bag.  I'm going to a Taylormade fitting event to take advantage of their 150% trade-in to get a new SIM 3 wood.  Unfortunately, Taylormade hasn't added the F1 or F3 into their lineup yet.  I will be looking at the Ventus Blue/Black w/Velcore.  I'll also be looking at Graphite Design Tour AD DI and Tour AD IZ.  Doing this review has really taught my why you would pay for the shaft upgrades in your equipment.  Before this, I was one that thought the stock offerings are "good enough" and there wasn't much of a reason to do the upgrade since I'm not a tour pro.  I will say without a doubt, there is a reason to pay for the upgrade!  I'll make sure to post the results this weekend!

Unfortunately when I went for my fitting with Taylormade today, they didn't bring any premium shafts with them.  They also didn't have any shafts in a 70+ gram X range.  The only shaft he had was his own that was a Diamana FW Limited 75 X.  It did really well.  I liked the softer tip to be able to feel the weight of the club head, but very disappointed I couldn't put it head to head with a true Fujikura shaft.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:59 PM, goaliewales14 said:

Unfortunately when I went for my fitting with Taylormade today, they didn't bring any premium shafts with them.  They also didn't have any shafts in a 70+ gram X range.  The only shaft he had was his own that was a Diamana FW Limited 75 X.  It did really well.  I liked the softer tip to be able to feel the weight of the club head, but very disappointed I couldn't put it head to head with a true Fujikura shaft.

Bummer! Wish we were there with some Fuji demos 🙂 Check to see if there's a local shop near you with some Fuji demos: https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

and also, congrats on your career low round!

2 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Bummer! Wish we were there with some Fuji demos 🙂 Check to see if there's a local shop near you with some Fuji demos: https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

and also, congrats on your career low round!

Thank you!!  I'm going to go check the PGA SS tomorrow to see if they have a Ventus Blue w/Velocore in fitting van.  I'm guessing we'll see Motore X creeping into the OEM offerings next season??

That seems odd. Usually TM has a full shaft lineup on hand for demo days. I see them have a tarp-like shaft holder that they unfold. Bummer!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

On 6/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, goaliewales14 said:

Thank you!!  I'm going to go check the PGA SS tomorrow to see if they have a Ventus Blue w/Velocore in fitting van.  I'm guessing we'll see Motore X creeping into the OEM offerings next season??

for custom upgrades? yes, more than likely.

I really loved the Motore X F3 shaft during my extended time reviewing it.

However, after multiple rounds with the Ventus Red, it just feels like cheating. I've learned that I can swing hard and more often than not, the ball ends up in the fairway. I have to try really hard with the Ventus to hit a bad shot, like swinging out of my shoes and falling over hard (but even some of those ended up good).

The one difference that I have found between the Ventus and any other shaft is that with other shafts, the ball will occasionally draw and occasionally fade. With the Ventus, its always power fade.  

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I really loved the Motore X F3 shaft during my extended time reviewing it.

However, after multiple rounds with the Ventus Red, it just feels like cheating. I've learned that I can swing hard and more often than not, the ball ends up in the fairway. I have to try really hard with the Ventus to hit a bad shot, like swinging out of my shoes and falling over hard (but even some of those ended up good).

The one difference that I have found between the Ventus and any other shaft is that with other shafts, the ball will occasionally draw and occasionally fade. With the Ventus, its always power fade.  

Appreciate the update. Ventus line is tough to beat. If the Motore X doesn't work the best for you we're glad to hear Ventus does! I personally play the Red. I like the profile compared to the blue where the Red is stiffer in the handle and mid section. It's also incredible in my 5 wood...!

Just wanted to give a little update...yesterday I played in a golf outing that is quickly becoming my favorite outing each year.  During the outing there are a few holes that are reachable with a good drive.  Well let's just say that the Motore gave our group a few guaranteed birdies.  For this outing it's a 2 putt limit 🙂 

The Motore has performed so well that my new SIM 3 wood will have the Ventus Blue w/Velocore in it.  I can't wait to continue adding more Fujikura products in my line up!

Had one of my best driving rounds ever today. I drove the green on 1, had 100 left to the flag on 3 after cutting the corner (don’t ask what happened after that ), had 65 left on 6 and the. 130 left on 9. Granted these were wind aided, but I haven’t driven the ball that well in a while! I am getting a little more draw now, so I might play with the Cortex weights next time at the range. IMG_0833.JPG

I have a sad update today, but I'll start off with the positives.  Positives being I was having an absolutely amazing driving day today for my outing.  I came in 2nd in the long drive competition with a drive of ~320 yards down the middle of the fairway over water.  I also drove a short par 4 to 13 feet where we converted the eagle.  After that shot is where the bad news kicks in.  The very next tee shot, I felt something completely wrong and I look at the driver to see it did a 90* turn.  It appears that the glue for the adapter failed, but I am going to make sure nothing is wrong with the tip.  I will definitely keep everyone posted

My driver was a weapon, to the point I hit first and then all of us jumped into the carts cuz no one in my group could get close.  I had to play 11 holes without a driver....:(  Even worse news, is I didn't have a 3 wood since I traded mine it to get the SIM.  The SIM is supposed to get here Tuesday.  

15 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I have a sad update today, but I'll start off with the positives.  Positives being I was having an absolutely amazing driving day today for my outing.  I came in 2nd in the long drive competition with a drive of ~320 yards down the middle of the fairway over water.  I also drove a short par 4 to 13 feet where we converted the eagle.  After that shot is where the bad news kicks in.  The very next tee shot, I felt something completely wrong and I look at the driver to see it did a 90* turn.  It appears that the glue for the adapter failed, but I am going to make sure nothing is wrong with the tip.  I will definitely keep everyone posted

My driver was a weapon, to the point I hit first and then all of us jumped into the carts cuz no one in my group could get close.  I had to play 11 holes without a driver....:(  Even worse news, is I didn't have a 3 wood since I traded mine it to get the SIM.  The SIM is supposed to get here Tuesday.  

Oh crap. Is the adapter completely off the shaft? Can you post a pic?

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

36 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Oh crap. Is the adapter completely off the shaft? Can you post a pic?

Thankfully the head didn't come off! It went from being square to the to parallel to the target. It was one of the weirdest feelings I've had hitting a shot. The shot was a fraction on the toe but nothing extreme. Here's the pic where you can see the adapter pulling away. I'm hoping the tip that is still in the adapter is ok. 

20200712_222739.jpg.ed8f28ca0424c805590de469d5706296.jpg

14 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Thankfully the head didn't come off! It went from being square to the to parallel to the target. It was one of the weirdest feelings I've had hitting a shot. The shot was a fraction on the toe but nothing extreme. Here's the pic where you can see the adapter pulling away. I'm hoping the tip that is still in the adapter is ok. 

20200712_222739.jpg.ed8f28ca0424c805590de469d5706296.jpg

I'm guessing that the tip should be ok since it doesn't look like the shaft broke. Are you going to pull the adapter or bringing it in to a shop? If a shop, make sure they clean the adapter and the shaft tip really well. And make sure they use the 24 hour epoxy, not the quick cure stuff.

Let me know if you need a new PXG adapter, I have a few laying around the house from the time I owned a PXG driver.

Updated 07/15/2022

45 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I'm guessing that the tip should be ok since it doesn't look like the shaft broke. Are you going to pull the adapter or bringing it in to a shop? If a shop, make sure they clean the adapter and the shaft tip really well. And make sure they use the 24 hour epoxy, not the quick cure stuff.

Let me know if you need a new PXG adapter, I have a few laying around the house from the time I owned a PXG driver.

I'm about 95% that the tip should be ok.  It was just crazy how it happened and sucked it was during an outing that I was the main one everyone was counting on for drives.  I'm going to take it into my local PGA SS.  I know all of the managers that work there really well, so I'm going to have them give it a once over.  They've taken really good care of me with some other clubs on top of playing multiple rounds together.  

I'll definitely hit you up if I need a new adapter!  Those things are a pain to find!  

Congrats to [mention=91232]dlow206[/mention] for the shoutout on Facebook from Fujikura! IMG_0840.PNG.0b2424ddcbbcb10386b1bbcbbc98a90a.PNG

20 minutes ago, Rtracymog said:

Congrats to [mention=91232]dlow206[/mention] for the shoutout on Facebook from Fujikura! IMG_0840.PNG.0b2424ddcbbcb10386b1bbcbbc98a90a.PNG

I just saw that like a minute ago on twitter.

Updated 07/15/2022

21 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I just saw that like a minute ago on twitter.

Are you using it, or the Velocore? If not, that didn't age well lol.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

12 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Are you using it, or the Velocore? If not, that didn't age well lol.

Using the Velocore, the dispersion is just too good with the Velocore. The Motore X F3 is awesome, but the Ventus Red with Velocore is ridiculous.

Updated 07/15/2022

There are 2 others on Fujikura's website. Sorry @revkev I didn't did your words

20200713_214247.jpg.02d0aeb47d521866034bc0882921a1ce.jpg20200713_214231.jpg.204af41f2b5662b622615898f67cac60.jpg

This party is far from over! Shot my course low of 59/61. Pretty sure it's my first time ever shooting under par.

Take a look at fairways hit..

Screenshot_20200713-175137.jpegScreenshot_20200713-180735.jpegScreenshot_20200713-183208.jpegScreenshot_20200713-213850.jpegScreenshot_20200713-214220.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

MAXFLI  Tour CG

8 hours ago, azstu324 said:

This party is far from over! Shot my course low of 59/61. Pretty sure it's my first time ever shooting under par.

Screenshot_20200713-175137.jpegScreenshot_20200713-180735.jpegScreenshot_20200713-183208.jpegScreenshot_20200713-213850.jpegScreenshot_20200713-214220.jpeg

Congrats man!!!

That is some good work right there

Updated 07/15/2022

309 jease man thats a bomb.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!