Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

Thanks guys!

Now, I'm not going to sit here and let the Motore X take all of the credit though 😜 I've put quite a bit of work into finding MY natural swing. That said, the performance of the shaft has really helped me find what feels, looks, and performs like a stable but powerful swing with fluidity and and consistency. Distance is nice but IMO takes a back seat to consistent disbursement. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Thanks guys!

Now, I'm not going to sit here and let the Motore X take all of the credit though  I've put quite a bit of work into finding MY natural swing. That said, the performance of the shaft has really helped me find what feels, looks, and performs like a stable but powerful swing with fluidity and and consistency. Distance is nice but IMO takes a back seat to consistent disbursement. 

Great driving and thanks for illustrating my favorite point. :)

Move over Bobbie, it’s drive for dough, putting only matters if you’re in okay shape off the tee first, I always say.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Great news!  I was able to pick up the shaft today and everything is good!  It was just the glue.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

8 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Great news!  I was able to pick up the shaft today and everything is good!  It was just the glue.

Good to hear everything is ok, but that sucks to have the problem of the shaft coming loose to begin with.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• STUDque unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

So I had one of the worst driving days I can remember. I can’t fault the motore at all today. I couldn’t get my face open on the backswing and was just snapping balls left into the woods all day. Nine total penalty strokes! 🤬5 with the driver. With all that being said, I still managed to shoot 80. So besides the tee shots, I struck the ball really well and the putter was hot. Drops were all line of sight because the shots were into the woods and not marked as OB. I did finally stripe a good one on 18 that led to a 2 putt birdie on the par 5!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

• 4 weeks later...

Went out for 9 on Saturday and was just striping it! Had one big miss with the driver, but it was an anti left swing. I think that after all the testing, I finally found the right tempo to make this combo work. I had drives of 338, 300, 335 and 320 and they all hit the fairway! Can’t thank MyGolfSpy enough for this awesome shaft!

Went out for 9 on Saturday and was just striping it! Had one big miss with the driver, but it was an anti left swing. I think that after all the testing, I finally found the right tempo to make this combo work. I had drives of 338, 300, 335 and 320 and they all hit the fairway! Can’t thank MyGolfSpy enough for this awesome shaft!

Damn those are some bombs! Glad you got the swing working for you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Holy $#!t man! Those are some insane #'s!!! Most importantly though, you're hitting fairways.

I'm very glad you posted this because I want sure if the mic was still on for this thread.

I played 18 this morning and here are my results.. although my avg length isn't quite as impressive, I'll take 14/14 fairways and a low trajectory, low spin, very consistent baby fade all day every day!

It's really nice to be able to uncork one if needed and know that the only difference more yds forward and not right or left :)

Screenshot_20200907-131304.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

MAXFLI  Tour CG

• 2 weeks later...

So here's a complete head scratcher.. 

Saturday I went out with my pops for 18. he showed up with a brand new (well purchased used) but literally in new condition, Sim Max 10.5 with an aftermarket Ventus Blue R flex shaft. He's hitting some really nice straight bombs. For him, with a swing speed in the mid to low 90's, a bomb is anything over 225 yds. We were both completely blown away at how the club was performing for him. Looks, sound, performance.. all boxes checked. He's happy, and I'm happy that I don't have to tell him that he made another huge golf-related impulse buy mistake. 

So I decided to get up to the plate and swipe a few. I started out with just some nice controlled VERY slow swings. just to get a feel for the club and shaft. Everything was straight, Mid-high but nice and penetrating. 

So I stepped on the gas a little.. still, slower swing but controlled, probably in the low 100's. Nothing changed at all but the distance. OK.. let's see how much this thing can really handle. So I opened up the throttle all the way and gave it my full swing. WTF?! I was going all out at 110+ and the shaft felt just as controlled and smooth as it did at turtle speed. I would dare say I was probably hitting longer than my Cobra with the Motore X F1 6X. It would really be interesting to see what the comparison #'s are on a LM. Needless to say, my world just got flipped on its @$$. 

@Fujikura Golf if you're still listening, please help. Is the Ventus really that good of a shaft that an R flex is as stable at 110 MPH as it is at 95? . I'm just wondering what kind of damage I could really do with a Ventus S or XS in Blue or even Black. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

6 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Saturday I went out with my pops for 18. he showed up with a brand new (well purchased used) but literally in new condition, Sim Max 10.5 with an aftermarket Ventus Blue R flex shaft. He's hitting some really nice straight bombs. For him, with a swing speed in the mid to low 90's, a bomb is anything over 225 yds. We were both completely blown away at how the club was performing for him. Looks, sound, performance.. all boxes checked. He's happy, and I'm happy that I don't have to tell him that he made another huge golf-related impulse buy mistake. 

So I decided to get up to the plate and swipe a few. I started out with just some nice controlled VERY slow swings. just to get a feel for the club and shaft. Everything was straight, Mid-high but nice and penetrating. 

So I stepped on the gas a little.. still, slower swing but controlled, probably in the low 100's. Nothing changed at all but the distance. OK.. let's see how much this thing can really handle. So I opened up the throttle all the way and gave it my full swing. WTF?! I was going all out at 110+ and the shaft felt just as controlled and smooth as it did at turtle speed. I would dare say I was probably hitting longer than my Cobra with the Motore X F1 6X. It would really be interesting to see what the comparison #'s are on a LM. Needless to say, my world just got flipped on its @$$. 

@Fujikura Golf if you're still listening, please help. Is the Ventus really that good of a shaft that an R flex is as stable at 110 MPH as it is at 95? . I'm just wondering what kind of damage I could really do with a Ventus S or XS in Blue or even Black. 

Ventus is a really solid shaft!  I put the Blue 7X in my TM SIM 3 wood.  If you're looking for something to compare to the F1 6X, your best bet would be the Black 6X.  For us Blue is more of a fairway shaft while Black is the driver shaft.  Kinda like how we would probably go F3 7X for Motore in a 3W

Holy $#!t man! Those are some insane #'s!!! Most importantly though, you're hitting fairways.

I'm very glad you posted this because I want sure if the mic was still on for this thread.

I played 18 this morning and here are my results.. although my avg length isn't quite as impressive, I'll take 14/14 fairways and a low trajectory, low spin, very consistent baby fade all day every day!

It's really nice to be able to uncork one if needed and know that the only difference more yds forward and not right or left :)

Screenshot_20200907-131304.jpeg.76e8ee63fd1e9b451ac286c68e3c95b7.jpeg

That’s great round! I’ve never even come close to hitting double digit fairways!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 1:55 PM, azstu324 said:

Sorry we've been "AFK" guys... There's a fitting philosophy that to maximize distance you want a shaft to flex/kick as much as possible...but you may sacrifice control obviously. With VENTUS blue, the VeloCore being full length stabilizes the shaft, reducing twist throughout the swing, so that helps with the control. The R flex is probably way too soft for you on paper, but yes, you may get more distance because you're able to gain speed as the shaft unloads due to softer flex. 

The opposite happens when golfers swing a shaft that is too stiff - there is no loading, they change they way they swing, often trying too hard down at the bottom, adding dynamic loft and increasing spin. Like golfers saying "ventus black spins too much for me" well...that's likely because it's not the right fit, it ain't the shaft...

So to conclude, with Ventus (particularly blue, with softest handle section of the 3) you should be able to play a comfortable flex, still load the shaft well and maintain control. 

Hope that helps and provides some insight.

@Fujikura GolfI have been having some struggles recently with my SIM Max with Ventus Red and the ball starting right and ending more right. Been able to somewhat fix it and hit playable shots. Wondering if I go back to my Motore X F3, if maybe it might help reduce my right miss, given it is not quite as stiff in the tip as the Ventus?

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

On 10/7/2020 at 9:30 AM, dlow206 said:

@Fujikura GolfI have been having some struggles recently with my SIM Max with Ventus Red and the ball starting right and ending more right. Been able to somewhat fix it and hit playable shots. Wondering if I go back to my Motore X F3, if maybe it might help reduce my right miss, given it is not quite as stiff in the tip as the Ventus?

yes give it a shot, it's overall a bit softer so it may help you not miss as much right. Let us know how it goes

So impressed with your reviews and success with this shaft I just had to put one in my SpeedZone driver!

See what it did for me>

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

So impressed with your reviews and success with this shaft I just had to put one in my SpeedZone driver!
See what it did for me>

Oh man that's awesome! Good to see that you gained back the distance and control you were hoping for.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I wanted to provide an update as my session is coming to a close due to cold weather. Ever since getting the adapter glued back on, something has felt off. I mentioned something to a friend that works in club repair at PGA SS and he said why not look at puring it. They just got a machine at their brand new store and man has that made a difference! It needed a full 90⁰ turn. The shaft was bouncing all over the place with the normal graphic up. This shaft feels the best it's ever been!

20201018_134635.jpg.6c98b21b8a4b92500985040744a2ed62.jpg

I wanted to provide an update as my session is coming to a close due to cold weather. Ever since getting the adapter glued back on, something has felt off. I mentioned something to a friend that works in club repair at PGA SS and he said why not look at puring it. They just got a machine at their brand new store and man has that made a difference! It needed a full 90⁰ turn. The shaft was bouncing all over the place with the normal graphic up. This shaft feels the best it's ever been!
20201018_134635.jpg.6c98b21b8a4b92500985040744a2ed62.jpg

So my question is if it felt off and you just adjusted loft, the driver would have performed just as well? A quarter turn would have put you either +2 or -2 from standard and that’s a pretty big change. When you had adapter issues originally, was the shaft graphic up?

4 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

So my question is if it felt off and you just adjusted loft, the driver would have performed just as well? A quarter turn would have put you either +2 or -2 from standard and that’s a pretty big change. When you had adapter issues originally, was the shaft graphic up?

Before the adapter issues I had it at +1.5, so it was already turned towards that way.  That's probably why it felt so good during the initial testing.  When I had the adapter reapplied, I had them put it so +1.5 was with the graphic up since that's the way it seemed like Fujikura wanted it to look.  That's when it started to feel off.  If I would ever need to make any loft adjustments to my driver again, I would get the adapter reapplied again so the shaft always stays pured.  That's the one downside of having a driver pured.

Before the adapter issues I had it at +1.5, so it was already turned towards that way.  That's probably why it felt so good during the initial testing.  When I had the adapter reapplied, I had them put it so +1.5 was with the graphic up since that's the way it seemed like Fujikura wanted it to look.  That's when it started to feel off.  If I would ever need to make any loft adjustments to my driver again, I would get the adapter reapplied again so the shaft always stays pured.  That's the one downside of having a driver pured.

I feel like this should become a MyGolfSpy experiment. Have a tester put the adapter in all of the different settings and see if any actually feels and produces different results. So it is safe to say that your original review would’ve been totally different if the adapter and graphics were not done correctly at the factory.

Teaser: I'll have some personal insights on Stock TM Ventus Blue vs. Velocore Blue vs. Motore X F3 soon

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Teaser: I'll have some personal insights on Stock TM Ventus Blue vs. Velocore Blue vs. Motore X F3 soon

I’d like to see that

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 hours ago, revkev said:

I’d like to see that

I'm going to do an unofficial review once I get the shaft and a couple of rounds on it! I'll be sure to paste a link in the thread, and tag you so you don't miss it!

Here's my unofficial review thread. Also, paging @revkev as promised. Once I have a few rounds and practice sessions with the Motore, I'll be sure to update it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! So I know that I could probably get an answer from other areas of the forum but thought I'd try here first. 

I was at the range this morning while my daughter Kaylen was having her lessons. Was hitting some nice drives but noticed a slight wobble feeling coming from the head. For a second I thought that maybe the poly fill I've got packed in it was bouncing around. I've had it in there for 2 yrs though and never had this issue. 

Took a few more hits and then looked down to see this.. 

1114201054a.jpg.e3dbbceecd564ab859fb11f1240e4c03.jpg

Thinking maybe ferrule creep.. this isn't really a ferrule so much as an insert to the Cobra adapter which kind of has its own ferrule. So I tried to push it back in and it wouldn't budge. I hit another and the gap became noticeably larger and the wobble continued. It looks like the the top ring of the insert is still sealed with epoxy. 

I held off from taking any more shots cuz it looks to me like the epoxy is failing and the heads coming off? 

I'll have to get it into the shop but for now it looks like I'll be playing 7k yds tomorrow sans driver.. 😢

Any of you have any experience with anything similar? 

@goaliewales14 didn't something like this happen to you? 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

Hey guys! So I know that I could probably get an answer from other areas of the forum but thought I'd try here first. 

I was at the range this morning while my daughter Kaylen was having her lessons. Was hitting some nice drives but noticed a slight wobble feeling coming from the head. For a second I thought that maybe the poly fill I've got packed in it was bouncing around. I've had it in there for 2 yrs though and never had this issue. 

Thinking maybe ferrule creep.. this isn't really a ferrule so much as an insert to the Cobra adapter which kind of has its own ferrule. So I tried to push it back in and it wouldn't budge. I hit another and the gap became noticeably larger and the wobble continued. It looks like the the top ring of the insert is still sealed with epoxy. 

I held off from taking any more shots cuz it looks to me like the epoxy is failing and the heads coming off? 

I'll have to get it into the shop but for now it looks like I'll be playing 7k yds tomorrow sans driver.. 😢

Adapter is coming off, looks like epoxy failed

Updated 07/15/2022

Adapter is coming off, looks like epoxy failed
$#!T.. that's what I feared. I know the heads a few years old but I'm not trying to be donating it to someone's back yard.

The crappy bit is that I don't have a shaft puller so I have to take it in. Otherwise I'd just torch it up and fix it myself.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

10 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

$#!T.. that's what I feared. I know the heads a few years old but I'm not trying to be donating it to someone's back yard.

The crappy bit is that I don't have a shaft puller so I have to take it in. Otherwise I'd just torch it up and fix it myself.

Yeah definitely dont try to pull a graphite shaft without a shaft puller. I have even ruined a few graphite shafts with a cheap shaft puller. That forced me to invest in a more robust puller

Updated 07/15/2022

On 11/14/2020 at 1:58 PM, azstu324 said:

Mine was exactly the same thing!  I actually felt the head twist when I hit a few shots.  After the 2nd one, I held the head and turned the shaft and it could rotate 45*.  I took it to my local PGA SS to have it reapplied.  It was a quick fix, just no fun playing without a driver when you have rounds scheduled.

1 hour ago, goaliewales14 said:

Mine was exactly the same thing!  I actually felt the head twist when I hit a few shots.  After the 2nd one, I held the head and turned the shaft and it could rotate 45*.  I took it to my local PGA SS to have it reapplied.  It was a quick fix, just no fun playing without a driver when you have rounds scheduled.

Maybe they built ours off the same batch of epoxy? 

Of course, we'd love to think that their glue just can't can't handle our swing speed right? 😛 🤨

Will be taking it in this week for the repair

MAXFLI  Tour CG