2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

14 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

@COmedic - What happened with the F3?  I see it's up on for sale!  I might take a look at it with my 3-wood

Shaft loads and launches incredibly easy in the couple of rounds I have had. I use my LST 3-wood frequently off the tee and to my eye it appears the ball carries further with the Motore X, but doesn’t roll out as much as with the Hzrdus Smoke shaft that was in it. 

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intro Once again, a very sincere thank you to MGS for allowing me to be a part of this testing experience! This will be my 4th MGS test in 3 years and I will say that it does not get easier. If a

The Review Intro Hello fellow Spies!  I’d like to start by saying a huge thank you to MGS and Fujikura to allow me to review the new Motore X shaft!  I’d also like to thank everyone for thei

June 2, 2020  Fujikura – Official MGS Forum Review by RevKev  Intro  Grandpa will you tell me a story please?    Of course, Lilly!  This is

Posted Images

So I took a chance and had the V2 butt trimmed by .75" and added a GP Microsuede grip which is close to the same weight as the Lamkin.

I've decided to keep the yarn in the head. The sound and feel have really grown on me. Both play at 45" and are D4 SW. This way I can change the shafts back and forth and keep the SW relatively close. The V2 plays just a little softer now due to the butt trim but it's probably a true S flex now.

I'm really tempted to order the V2 Black in XS as I feel like it could be a good competitor, and at the $60 price point could make for an interesting write up compared to the $275 premium MotoreX

As you can see, I'm really starting to find my stride with the MotoreX. I just feel like I can open up the throttle a bit more and maintain good control. The shaft feels very smooth. Almost like swing a softer flex but without the feeling of being a noodle. It's very intriguing. Almost like if you could install a LaZBoy recliner in a Porsche GT3. Ok that's probably a weird analogy but I'm going with it.

sketch-1584503914769.jpeg.aa6ae075f65fbcd01496c29605a32331.jpegsketch-1584504032996.jpeg.45e03e7990336399e6aefe399bcaae7e.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

I 100% agree with the smooth feeling. This is really the first after market shaft that I’ve used and the feel is noticeably different. If I could get the dispersion that you were seeing Stu, you would have to pry that thing out of my cold, dead hands!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

This shaft is looking like a must try with the results you guys are getting. Nice job so far can't wait to read your full write ups

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

18 hours ago, azstu324 said:

So I took a chance and had the V2 butt trimmed by .75" and added a GP Microsuede grip which is close to the same weight as the Lamkin.

I've decided to keep the yarn in the head. The sound and feel have really grown on me. Both play at 45" and are D4 SW. This way I can change the shafts back and forth and keep the SW relatively close. The V2 plays just a little softer now due to the butt trim but it's probably a true S flex now.

I'm really tempted to order the V2 Black in XS as I feel like it could be a good competitor, and at the $60 price point could make for an interesting write up compared to the $275 premium MotoreX

As you can see, I'm really starting to find my stride with the MotoreX. I just feel like I can open up the throttle a bit more and maintain good control. The shaft feels very smooth. Almost like swing a softer flex but without the feeling of being a noodle. It's very intriguing. Almost like if you could install a LaZBoy recliner in a Porsche GT3. Ok that's probably a weird analogy but I'm going with it.

sketch-1584503914769.jpegsketch-1584504032996.jpeg

Interested in hearing more about your comparison.  I play a V2 and get good dispersion.  Like the higher launch and peek height you seem to be getting with the Motore.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

44 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Interested in hearing more about your comparison.  I play a V2 and get good dispersion.  Like the higher launch and peek height you seem to be getting with the Motore.

Even with the V2, avg of 15 yds offline isn't horrendous. I think that as I'm becoming more comfortable loading into the swing on the MotoreX - X flex, the V2 S flex is starting to feel a tad whippy and I'm seeing a bit more spray factor. Hence why I'm very tempted to order a V2 in X flex 68g... Hmm... toilet paper or a new golf shaft..? 🤔

• Like 2

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

4 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Even with the V2, avg of 15 yds offline isn't horrendous. I think that as I'm becoming more comfortable loading into the swing on the MotoreX - X flex, the V2 S flex is starting to feel a tad whippy and I'm seeing a bit more spray factor. Hence why I'm very tempted to order a V2 in X flex 68g... Hmm... toilet paper or a new golf shaft..? 🤔

Interesting about the S / X flex.   Ball speed/carry distance is close to mine and I am pretty much X across the board.   Probably depends on how you load the shaft,  I am generally pretty smooth in transition.  My 3 wood is an X because I picked up the wrong shaft, but it works and the Smoke black is generally considered pretty boardy.  Makes me wonder how I would do with an X in my driver.  Then I try some of Harry's clubs and it just feels unplayable.    When MGS opens back up,  I am going to have to try one of their Motore shafts even though it is an X.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Great stuff so far guys. Shafts testing it's really hard but you're doing a great job thus far 

• Like 6

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1

Was able to play 18 holes today. My driver swing was crap on the front 9, no shaft would have helped. The driving at my club is only now open Thurs to Sunday due to the coronavirus, so the first 9 holes ended up being my warm-up.

Hit some solid drives in the fairway with the Motore F3 shaft in play. I'm liking the shaft, but I need to dial in this SIM Max a bit. I cut down the shaft to play at 45", think I need to add a bit of headweight. On my cheap swingweight scale, its currently at about D0.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

Was able to play 18 holes today. My driver swing was crap on the front 9, no shaft would have helped. The driving at my club is only now open Thurs to Sunday due to the coronavirus, so the first 9 holes ended up being my warm-up.
Hit some solid drives in the fairway with the Motore F3 shaft in play. I'm liking the shaft, but I need to dial in this SIM Max a bit. I cut down the shaft to play at 45", think I need to add a bit of headweight. On my cheap swingweight scale, its currently at about D0.
I've had some really good success with the knitting yarn in the head. It's easy to add and remove and doesn't show like lead tape. You can use it to experiment with swing weight and if you decide you like it heavier, you can then have hot melt or tip weights added, or just keep the yarn. Having the correct SW IMO makes an enormous difference. 2g = 1 SW point and doesn't take much to add 6g.

I've also used poly-fill in other drivers that's works just as well but it's more of a pain to remove if needed.

Not 100% if the SIM is completely open on the inside so you might have to look it up.

Also depending on the grip that you picked, you can change the SW a full point with a lighter grip. Either way, I would definitely suggest getting the SW dialed in for this test.

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

14 hours ago, azstu324 said:

I've had some really good success with the knitting yarn in the head. It's easy to add and remove and doesn't show like lead tape. You can use it to experiment with swing weight and if you decide you like it heavier, you can then have hot melt or tip weights added, or just keep the yarn. Having the correct SW IMO makes an enormous difference. 2g = 1 SW point and doesn't take much to add 6g.

I've also used poly-fill in other drivers that's works just as well but it's more of a pain to remove if needed.

Not 100% if the SIM is completely open on the inside so you might have to look it up.

Also depending on the grip that you picked, you can change the SW a full point with a lighter grip. Either way, I would definitely suggest getting the SW dialed in for this test.

I've heard about the yarn, but my only concern is that I have heard that anything not fixed to the clubhead inside of the club is illegal. Not that I am playing in any tournaments any time soon, but still something I consider. Hot melt is allowed because its sticks to part of the head and can't move around.

I bought some tungsten tape to dial in the swingweight. Haven't used tungsten or lead tape before, but health concerns around lead concern me. Likely no adverse health effect would happen by just putting lead tape on a driver head would happen, but just overly paranoid with those types of things.

• Like 1

Updated 4/27/2021

I've heard about the yarn, but my only concern is that I have heard that anything not fixed to the clubhead inside of the club is illegal. Not that I am playing in any tournaments any time soon, but still something I consider. Hot melt is allowed because its sticks to part of the head and can't move around.
I bought some tungsten tape to dial in the swingweight. Haven't used tungsten or lead tape before, but health concerns around lead concern me. Likely no adverse health effect would happen by just putting lead tape on a driver head would happen, but just overly paranoid with those types of things.
I know there will be different levels of individual acceptance for stuff like this. I'm not playing any tournaments and as far as I'm concerned, it isn't moving around inside the head so I'm good with keeping it for now. Long-term, I'll probably buy an 8g weight to replace the 2g plastic weight but I definitely know that 6g/3 SW points is what I'm after. I was mainly referring to the yarn for initial SW adjustment to dial in your preference. Once you know what weight you like, you can then look at more permanent measures.

• Like 2

Overall, my driver swing hasn't been super consistent as of late, but was able to find the fairway a bit yesterday with the SIM Max / Motore X F3 combo.

IMG_6282.thumb.JPG.c48405ca475d86deda6c76e29db95180.JPG

• Like 5

Updated 4/27/2021

Well my NV Green is currently sitting at the PGA SS because they were the ones doing the return....

8475447_PGATourSuperstoreClosed.png.4da12cba7af8ce9b536bb1784e9896e3.png

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

Made it out to the course again today. First 9 holes, overall didn't play well and kept hit some weak snap hooks (no driver or shaft would have helped).

On the back 9, I switched back to a grip style that I have started to become more comfortable with for driver, ten finger grip, very strong left hand. This essentially takes the club back very closed and I for me, it feels like it stays square the whole time. Was able to hit some really nice drives that way. 

• Like 2

Updated 4/27/2021

Forgot to mention that my swingweight testing failed miserably. Not adding the weight itself, but the tungsten rubber weights plus a piece of duct tape over it flew off the club almost immediately

• Like 1

Updated 4/27/2021

Hey everyone!  I wanted to provide a quick update on my status and plans for the coming week.  Good news:  I'm officially over my sinus infection and feeling back to normal!  Bad news:  With Covid-19, 4 of the simulators around me that I have been using, or was going to use have been closed for the next few weeks.  Each of them will reevaluate their situation at that time.  The city that has these simulators, and where I work, has gone to a travel advisory.

My plan:  Indiana weather is showing itself, so it's currently raining and/or not getting above 35*.  I looks like I'm going to get a break Wednesday and some of Thursday.  I'm going to try and get out and walk a course if possible.  If the courses are flooded, or shutdown, I, luckily, have a hitting net that I'll set up in my backyard.  If I go to the hitting net, I'm going to do the foot spray accuracy test on how well each shaft allows me to find the center of the face.  I'm going to call the PGA SS and see if I can pick the NV Green to include in that since they are doing curbside pick-ups.  

I apologize for the hiccups as we are all going through these tough and uncharted times.  I'll definitely upload a swing video with the next test!  If there's anything anyone wants to see, please let me know!

• Like 5

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

Hey everyone!  I wanted to provide a quick update on my status and plans for the coming week.  Good news:  I'm officially over my sinus infection and feeling back to normal!  Bad news:  With Covid-19, 4 of the simulators around me that I have been using, or was going to use have been closed for the next few weeks.  Each of them will reevaluate their situation at that time.  The city that has these simulators, and where I work, has gone to a travel advisory.
My plan:  Indiana weather is showing itself, so it's currently raining and/or not getting above 35*.  I looks like I'm going to get a break Wednesday and some of Thursday.  I'm going to try and get out and walk a course if possible.  If the courses are flooded, or shutdown, I, luckily, have a hitting net that I'll set up in my backyard.  If I go to the hitting net, I'm going to do the foot spray accuracy test on how well each shaft allows me to find the center of the face.  I'm going to call the PGA SS and see if I can pick the NV Green to include in that since they are doing curbside pick-ups.  
I apologize for the hiccups as we are all going through these tough and uncharted times.  I'll definitely upload a swing video with the next test!  If there's anything anyone wants to see, please let me know!

Yeah Michigan isn’t looking much better. Luckily my store is still open so I should be able to get some more data soon. Likewise I will remember to post a swing video as well. Hopefully this weather breaks soon!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I guess I will pile on here today - my goal for this test was to play with the shaft and gather my launch monitor data at the end, just prior to review, that way I would have had ample time to adjust to it.

That last part is not likely to happen at this point as the places with LMs are shut down or shutting down.  Courses remain open and I will be playing tomorrow.  I suspect St Pete is going to shut everything down starting next week but my club is outside of city limits so hopefully at least the range remains open.  It's not really a walkable course but at least I will be able to hit shots.  I've yet to see what the grill room is going to do - the governor has shut down all dine in service for the State of Florida as well as all public beaches. 

I did play on Weds.  I had issues with everything so it may just be that it was me rather than my equipment. 🙂

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

After some time with the Motore X F1 6X driver shaft in my G410 LST as well as the F3 7x in my 3-wood, I have learned I am a Ventus Black kind of guy. I’m a higher spin player and firmer tip of the Ventus holds up to my swing better. Never got on a monitor so purely going off visuals from a range day. If anybody is looking to try either of these shafts let me know and we can work something out!

I posted in another thread about it, but I have been experimenting with lifting my left heel during my backswing and found that it helps my timing and sequencing. Why I mention it here? When I played yesterday, I did this once with my driver. On the downswing, I somehow accidentally took a big step forward and took a big swing. Hit a great shot, right down the middle of the fairway. Not going to do that big step again, but when I put a decent swing on the ball, the Motore X F3 is working out well. When I put a bad swing on the ball, no shaft will help me.

On a side note, I think I am going to get my SIM Max hot melted, so the SIM Max / Motore combo will be out of the rotation for about a week or so. If I do play next week, Callaway FTI ftw!

• Like 1

Updated 4/27/2021

• STUDque unpinned this topic