2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

Was able to get in 1 more round. Right now I'm I'm counting each round as a blessing knowing that my days of playing could come to an end at any moment. 

Today I tried a little experiment. Noting my launch angle from the sim between 13 and 14°, I did a comparison of 9.5° vs 8° loft setup. I've normally been hitting 9.5°. 

0325201741_HDR.thumb.jpg.c1e472336b97ac78285303185ec24a15.jpg

First shot with my usual setup..

Nailed it! 

1276665129_Screenshot_20200325-1746012.thumb.png.38defb3d6b8614058fd3fb1498d803e9.png

I figured there wasn't much sense in reducing the loft.. but I went ahead for the sake of data collection. 

0325201805.thumb.jpg.5d38e12a50b3087a985251ad75952fa3.jpg

I think I'm glad I did..

1995394248_Screenshot_20200322-1838462.thumb.png.de2137d1b834116ef7ed99c4d8adabc3.png

Well surely this was just a lucky coincidence right?..

Nope, this from the next par 4..

1413426150_Screenshot_20200325-1831032.thumb.png.a0851c79850463a1cc577d6b21ccb4b9.png

The last one was a slight push that still ended up on the right side of the fairway. All 3 though we're almost scary straight. 

So my final pic.. I'm really hoping to use the funds from the sale of my Pro force V2 to by an X flex V2 to throw in the mix. Either way, I'm done with the V2 S flex. 

825372642_Screenshot_20200325-2050332.thumb.png.54adbb48e5d620d5a9649e9878895e16.png

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 4

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / UST ProForce V2 Black F4S++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intro Once again, a very sincere thank you to MGS for allowing me to be a part of this testing experience! This will be my 4th MGS test in 3 years and I will say that it does not get easier. If a

The Review Intro Hello fellow Spies!  I’d like to start by saying a huge thank you to MGS and Fujikura to allow me to review the new Motore X shaft!  I’d also like to thank everyone for thei

June 2, 2020  Fujikura – Official MGS Forum Review by RevKev  Intro  Grandpa will you tell me a story please?    Of course, Lilly!  This is

Posted Images

15 hours ago, azstu324 said:

man that takes some confidence to swing over the concrete like that.. I don' t think my nerves would be equipped to dance with that kind of danger 😳

It's actually not as scary as it looks.  At the beginning, my driver is actually resting on the mat.  I am definitely wanting a smaller hitting mat to put on that side though.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

I'm really itching to get back out on the range and the course, but I am guessing things here will be shutdown for quite a bit longer. My SIM Max head is coming back tomorrow, with 5 to 6 grams of hot melt added.

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!  I know it's been pretty slow with everyone being on lockdown, but if you're looking to get some more questions answered these shafts, @Fujikura Golf setup a Q&A.  Here's the question I posted, but you should jump in and post some of your own!

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

On 4/8/2020 at 10:37 AM, goaliewales14 said:

Hey guys!  I know it's been pretty slow with everyone being on lockdown, but if you're looking to get some more questions answered these shafts, @Fujikura Golf setup a Q&A.  Here's the question I posted, but you should jump in and post some of your own!

Thanks for the shout out!

• Like 2

So always what’s most important is whether or not the item tested works on the course.

My ARCCOS driving handicap has dropped from 15 to 9 during this test. My overall handicap from 6.0 to 4.1.

That counts for something

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

1 hour ago, revkev said:

So always what’s most important is whether or not the item tested works on the course.

My ARCCOS driving handicap has dropped from 15 to 9 during this test. My overall handicap from 6.0 to 4.1.

Nice work, I am itching to get back out on the course.

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

16 hours ago, revkev said:

Great work!  I haven't been able to put any swings on the clubs for a few weeks now.  I'm itching to get back at it!

• Like 2

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Wow! That’s fantastic! Keep it up Rev!

Do you attribute it to better accuracy or distance? Anything stand out to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

16 hours ago, revkev said:

revkev - this is great to hear!

Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to hearing more about this from all of the testers once this ongoing crisis is resolved!

Stay safe and healthy!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

• Like 3
revkev - this is great to hear!
Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to hearing more about this from all of the testers once this ongoing crisis is resolved!
Stay safe and healthy!
- AT, Fujikura Golf

Thank you, please stay safe yourselves.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I was finally able to get out on the course for the first time today. I played 12 holes and quit due to blisters. I hit the driver 9 times including on some holes I normally would not. These were the first swings in about 4 weeks, so maybe I could chalk up some of the misses to being rusty but I noticed the same big right miss that I did in the last range session I posted. I truly only hit one fairway, but I give myself credit for piping one into a greenside bunker on a rope and hitting one through a fairway. So I would say I was 3/9 for the day. I still like the feel of the shaft, but the misses were pretty big. I did hit multiple balls off a couple of tees and I the results were the same. So some promise, but lots to work on.

• Like 3

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I’ve been playing throughout but not commenting out of respect for the rest of my shut in team.

Yesterday’s round was spectacular off the tee 10/13 fairways with driver, misses totally playable, nice little draw, I averaged 237 - much of the distance gain, nearly 20 yards since I put this shaft in, has come from SuperSpeed workouts but the accuracy? That’s all on the shaft. It’s allowing me to go at it hard and trust that I’m going to hit baby draw, every time.

You can see it in my tracking app. Before the shaft went in I was hitting 60 percent of my fairways and misses were even left and right. With the shaft in I’m at 75 percent and misses now tilt left - I’m starting to eliminate a side when I tee off. That confidence let me absolutely drill one over the outer edge of the trees down the right side of a dogleg yesterday and turn a hole that’s normally driver 6 or 7 iron into driver 9 iron.

• Like 8

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

I bought a Motore X F1 in hopes of trying it out. Sadly all the golf courses closed the day before I got it...

• Like 1

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

I bought a Motore X F1 in hopes of trying it out. Sadly all the golf courses closed the day before I got it...

They should reopen soon.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

I’ve been playing throughout but not commenting out of respect for the rest of my shut in team.

Yesterday’s round was spectacular off the tee 10/13 fairways with driver, misses totally playable, nice little draw, I averaged 237 - much of the distance gain, nearly 20 yards since I put this shaft in, has come from SuperSpeed workouts but the accuracy? That’s all on the shaft. It’s allowing me to go at it hard and trust that I’m going to hit baby draw, every time.

You can see it in my tracking app. Before the shaft went in I was hitting 60 percent of my fairways and misses were even left and right. With the shaft in I’m at 75 percent and misses now tilt left - I’m starting to eliminate a side when I tee off. That confidence let me absolutely drill one over the outer edge of the trees down the right side of a dogleg yesterday and turn a hole that’s normally driver 6 or 7 iron into driver 9 iron.

I need to stop following you Rev.. this season is going to get more expensive if I keep seeing your posts like this. [emoji23]

That’s amazing accuracy off the tee. Can’t wait to see what it does for you once you’re in mid-season form.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

5 hours ago, revkev said:

They should reopen soon.

Got the green light today!! Excited!

• Like 4

I need to stop following you Rev.. this season is going to get more expensive if I keep seeing your posts like this. [emoji23]

That’s amazing accuracy off the tee. Can’t wait to see what it does for you once you’re in mid-season form.

I’ve always been a very accurate driver of the golf ball. My best sustained handicap was a three year or so period of time where I was between a .5 and 1.5 index. I was in my mid 50’s at that time. I was short off the tee to be in the 0-5 handicap group 230-240 on average. That’s giving away 15 to 20 yards.

You have to make that up somehow. I actually made it up a little here and a little there with accuracy off the tee and chipping being my two best attributes. Chipping remains that factor which keeps me around a 5 today - according to ARCOSS I’m a scratch chipper of the ball.

More important here my driving handicap has plunged into single digits and that’s brought my overall handicap index down nearly a point.

• Like 5

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

I tried this shaft over the weekend with great hopes. It did not perform for me. At least not yet. It could very well be due to a little over a month layoff. I was getting much better results with my KBS TD. I will be sure to try again and see. I know my swing was off. First impression had me a little disappointed though. 

Man, loosening the play restrictions here in Michigan should have come weeks earlier! I kept rationalizing all kinds of golf purchases just to make myself feel like I’m still in the game during lock-down. Case in point, after re-reading MGS’s January story about the Motore X shaft for the 5th or 6th time, I just knew I needed one. Which one? Who knows! I had no way to get fitted or even visit a launch monitor to compare. So, I did the only reasonable thing I could – I bought one!

My swing speed is in the 95 mph range, when not coming out of my shoes, and the existing shaft in my Epic Flash SZ is 65 grams. So that means the F3 6R is perfect for me, right?? Oh, boy… I hope I haven’t spent $275 for nothing.  I can tell you that there isn’t a discernible difference in the swing speed between the stock Tensei AV Blue and the Motore X (as measured by the little PRGR device I use at home). But my one range session since golf restrictions have eased has been encouraging from a consistency viewpoint. I just got my new light-weight carry bag delivered (my latest post-restriction purchase!!!) and plan on playing soon. 

I am very interested in the upcoming reviews by @azstu324, @dlow206, @goaliewales14, @revkev and @Rtracymog.  I’m sure they will ALL confirm that I made the right decision!

• Like 6

:callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 10.5 w/ Motore X F3 65R shaft

:callaway-small:XR 5 Wood Fairway w/stock Project X Stiff shaft

:tour-edge: EXS220 3 & 4 Hybrid w/KBS TGI Tour Graphite Reg shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54 & 58 deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Ice Sabertooth putter

• STUDque unpinned this topic