TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

So maybe this was a blessing in disguise. After all of my bellyaching and crying big baby man tears that I have to have my driver fixed, the Mrs. just said.. well why don't you just go buy a new driver? 😱🤯

Well let me preface.. New as in something that I didn't have previously with a budget of around $400 +/-. As much as I'd love to go through a new fitting, I still can't stomach paying $600+.. I digress. 

Immediately after asking what drugs she was on and why she wasn't sharing, I took to the internet to do my research. Weighing out the pro's/cons with the Sim and Sim Max. As much as I'd love to be interested in the Mavrik, I just can't agree with the color orange on a golf club.. or anything but oranges for that matter. 

Being a Cobra Fanboy, I also wish the that SZ would be an option but I'm just not a fan of how it feels and sounds. I'd sooner consider the F9. It's too bad this isn't a year from now when the RAD has been out for a while and the price is just right 😛 

Ping G410 LST is a slight maybe.

Now that I've got the MotoreX shaft ready to be removed from the Cobra adaptor, I'll be able to plug it into whatever I decide on. 

To be continued...

Edited by azstu324

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

So maybe this was a blessing in disguise. After all of my bellyaching and crying big baby man tears that I have to have my driver fixed, the Mrs. just said.. well why don't you just go buy a new driver? 
Well let me preface.. New as in something that I didn't have previously with a budget of around $400 +/-. As much as I'd love to go through a new fitting, I still can't stomach paying $600+.. I digress. 
Immediately after asking what drugs she was on and why she wasn't sharing, I took to the internet to do my research. Weighing out the pro's/cons with the Sim and Sim Max. As much as I'd love to be interested in the Mavrik, I just can't agree with the color orange on a golf club.. or anything but oranges for that matter. 
Being a Cobra Fanboy, I also wish the that SZ would be an option but I'm just not a fan of how it feels and sounds. I'd sooner consider the F9. It's too bad this isn't a year from now when the RAD has been out for a while and the price is just right  
Ping G410 LST is a slight maybe.
Now that I've got the MotoreX shaft ready to be removed from the Cobra adaptor, I'll be able to plug it into whatever I decide on. 

To be continued...

Well...IMG_2775.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Hey @dlow206 you mind if I pick your brain on the SIM topic? You've got a lot of good insight on how the industry works and with different shafts out there. Also, having fairly recently purchased the SIM Max I figured you might have some wisdom to impart. 

I've got my eye on a new Sim Max 9*. The one I've found is here locally from a trusted source. It's a little different however in the sense that it comes with a "made-for" Mits Tensei Blue TM50 shaft. It's an S Flex which I'm still not opposed to because if it doesn't work out I'll just plug in my MotoreX. The price that I'm picking this up for is great for the head alone so it's a no harm situation if I I don't like the Tensei. 

What I'm reading is that the Japanese models have the Tensei Blue offering. The shaft says Taylormade and it's called a TM50 so it's definitely "made for". The question that I'm getting to is if you know anything about A) the Made for Tensei Blue and B) are there any differences at all between the US and Japan models? I'm not coming up with anything at all. Just want to make sure I'm not getting something else from what I'm anticipating. 

Thx man!

MAXFLI  Tour CG

8 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Hey @dlow206 you mind if I pick your brain on the SIM topic? You've got a lot of good insight on how the industry works and with different shafts out there. Also, having fairly recently purchased the SIM Max I figured you might have some wisdom to impart. 

I've got my eye on a new Sim Max 9*. The one I've found is here locally from a trusted source. It's a little different however in the sense that it comes with a "made-for" Mits Tensei Blue TM50 shaft. It's an S Flex which I'm still not opposed to because if it doesn't work out I'll just plug in my MotoreX. The price that I'm picking this up for is great for the head alone so it's a no harm situation if I I don't like the Tensei. 

What I'm reading is that the Japanese models have the Tensei Blue offering. The shaft says Taylormade and it's called a TM50 so it's definitely "made for". The question that I'm getting to is if you know anything about A) the Made for Tensei Blue and B) are there any differences at all between the US and Japan models? I'm not coming up with anything at all. Just want to make sure I'm not getting something else from what I'm anticipating. 

Thx man!

This is the best that i could find:

https://golfpartnerusa.com/blogs/news/sim-driver

Golf Partner is a large golf retailer in Japan that also sells used clubs to the US

I am guessing that the Tensei made for shaft is a bit weaker than a standard Tensei shaft, but that is just a guess. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

So maybe this was a blessing in disguise. After all of my bellyaching and crying big baby man tears that I have to have my driver fixed, the Mrs. just said.. well why don't you just go buy a new driver? 🤯

It’s probably worth looking at. You can go a custom color scheme for whatever you want for a little bit more dough. If it performs, it always looks better :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

3 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Thx man!

Any chance you can request the head weight first?

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

4 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Thx man!

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Golf Partner is a large golf retailer in Japan that also sells used clubs to the US

I am guessing that the Tensei made for shaft is a bit weaker than a standard Tensei shaft, but that is just a guess. 

Alright so it's no secret that I love anything JDM whether it's cars, golf, food, culture, etc. so I started to do a little digging after learning about this. @dlow206 is right that this shaft was developed by MCA to TM's spec to be a stock offering. It's probably similar to the Tensei Blue w/SFW in our market, or it might've come to our market after they developed it with TM and found that it might work for people. I only noticed the 50g range of Tensei shafts semi-recently so I believe it came after the initial launch of the lineup.

https://www.taylormadegolf.jp/taylormade-drivers/SIM-MAX-ドライバー/DW-KY218-JP.html?lang=ja_JP&cgid=taylormade-drivers#lang=ja_JP&start=4&

You can use Google Translate to convert to English and be able to navigate the site. Kinda cool to see their stock offerings vs. ours but kinda not because they get much more premium (IMO) shaft offerings. Probably because they're all made in Japan but still, I'm jealous!

edit: also, this shaft is working pretty nicely for me in my Sim Max FWIW. It was a little sketchy at first, but then I remembered it's almost an inch shorter than the stock, so I added a heavier weight from https://store.billybobsgolf.com/ and after 4 rounds I'm really liking it.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

30 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Alright so it's no secret that I love anything JDM whether it's cars, golf, food, culture, etc. so I started to do a little digging after learning about this. @dlow206 is right that this shaft was developed by MCA to TM's spec to be a stock offering. It's probably similar to the Tensei Blue w/SFW in our market, or it might've come to our market after they developed it with TM and found that it might work for people. I only noticed the 50g range of Tensei shafts semi-recently so I believe it came after the initial launch of the lineup.

https://www.taylormadegolf.jp/taylormade-drivers/SIM-MAX-ドライバー/DW-KY218-JP.html?lang=ja_JP&cgid=taylormade-drivers#lang=ja_JP&start=4&

You can use Google Translate to convert to English and be able to navigate the site. Kinda cool to see their stock offerings vs. ours but kinda not because they get much more premium (IMO) shaft offerings. Probably because they're all made in Japan but still, I'm jealous!

edit: also, this shaft is working pretty nicely for me in my Sim Max FWIW. It was a little sketchy at first, but then I remembered it's almost an inch shorter than the stock, so I added a heavier weight from https://store.billybobsgolf.com/ and after 4 rounds I'm really liking it.

Yeah, I have 4 grams of hotmelt in my SIM Max head because of the length difference from stock

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

It's funny, I actually found the same link in just poking around the interweb. From the article, the heads are identical in every way with possibly a slight difference in lie by about .5* but it was noted that it isn't really detectable. The only real noted difference was the length is about .25" longer on the US version and the butt end of the shaft is slightly smaller.  Now it just boils down to shaft. It does appear that perhaps the shaft profile is just slightly softer than what is offered on the US version but shaft really isn't a concern for me as I'll more than likely be using the MotoreX OR possibly order another ProForce V2 Black F5-X that I still love so much. 

Over all, I don't think there are really any negatives to going JDM that I can think of

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Oh I went and did something silly..

1121201213.jpeg

1121201648b.jpeg

1121201656.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG