Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

16 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Time for a change then! What are you using now?

Alta Distanza - its a senior flex - I really don't think it's right for me - I hit it well when I was fit for it but I quite honestly have not gotten out of it what I was looking for other than the fact that I launch it properly.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

This is always one of my favorite tests to see. Shafts do play a large role in the performance of a driver, but more so how the shaft meshes with the head. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Congrats guys.  I’m a shaft junky and have an OG F1 in the closet so looking forward to following this one!

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

1 minute ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Congrats to those who were selected to test and we look forward to hearing your feedback. In the interim please let us know of any questions about Motore X!

Whoa! Fujikura in the house! Welcome to the forums guys.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

9 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Congrats to those who were selected to test and we look forward to hearing your feedback. In the interim please let us know of any questions about Motore X!

Thank you guys so much for this opportunity!  Can't wait to put this shaft through its paces!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Having been involved with a few testing opportunities, it definitely adds to the experience when the OEM is able to be involved or chime in from time to time so welcome to the forum Fujikura!  Thank you for working this partnership out and giving us this opportunity to test and share our experience with the golf world! We're a golf-eccentric bunch, and take this testing VERY seriously. 

can't wait!

Edited by azstu324

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

One of the things that I will represent as a currently high-handicapper in this test is someone who is working on making swing changes. I often see many reviews on forums, blogs, and golf sites that are high level players that have a solid established swing that are trying to dial in an optimized shaft. I would like to see how well a shaft performs as my swing continues to evolve over time. For example, will something that works well continue to work well in the future.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Question for Fujikura:

So we've been told that we'll more or less be fit over the phone from a series of questions.

My question to you is: would swing data i.e. avg out of 10 or 20 shots, or even possibly a swing video help to maximize the outcome/experience? A lot of us have access and are pretty good with collecting this type of info.

Whatever we can do to help you to put the most individualized product in our hands to maximize the testing data, please let us know.

Thx!

Stu

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I finally found my driver swing yesterday, so I am even more excited to try this shaft out. Can't wait.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

I finally found my driver swing yesterday, so I am even more excited to try this shaft out. Can't wait.
I've been looking for mine for 25 years. Still haven't found it

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

I've been looking for mine for 25 years. Still haven't found itemoji12.png

I was suffering from the toe hooks, it was bad. 

Updated 07/15/2022

I was suffering from the toe hooks, it was bad. 
Let me guess.. you slowed down the arms and hands by speeding up the hips and shoulders? And got your legs more involved?

That's what I had to do when I developed snap hook-itis.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

56 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Let me guess.. you slowed down the arms and hands by speeding up the hips and shoulders? And got your legs more involved?

That's what I had to do when I developed snap hook-itis.

My issue was my backswing was too much around instead of up. In doing so, I was doing something wrong that caused me to get into a position where the club face was too closed, and then it was just a disaster from there. My problem was all backswing. Once I figured out how the backswing should feel, everything else corrected itself.

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

My issue was my backswing was too much around instead of up. In doing so, I was doing something wrong that caused me to get into a position where the club face was too closed, and then it was just a disaster from there. My problem was all backswing. Once I figured out how the backswing should feel, everything else corrected itself.

This was my issue as well -- too deep and getting stuck inside, the only way to not block it super far right was to flip my hands. Swing path was 8* in-to-out! Feeling my hands higher, and trying to move my hand path to the left got me back to 3* in-to-out. The best part was it was free advice given to me by the TaylorMade rep at my fitting 2 weekends ago. Might have to hit that guy up to see if he actually teaches, LOL!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

This is my first testing opportunity so I'm pretty excited and a little nervous! The bar has been set very high by other testers and I hope to live up to that!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Well said @azstu324  

The tests (and the site itself) are by the members, for the members... the experience is fun but the information that others get from it is invaluable. 
Real golfers testing Real equipment giving Real answers.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

A little eye candy/preview to get everyone pumped up...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

oh man what a tease! 🤤🤯

Can't wait to get things going!!

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I pulled a total bonehead move and accidentally posted this in the wrong place. Sorry for the testers who have to see this twice.. 

So I very recently (as in since being picked for this testing) made some swing changes that I'm very happy about. In turn I have picked up about an extra 3-5 MPH which I think officially might put me in XS land at 110+. It will be interesting to see which shaft suits my new swing and #'s. I've always been on the line between S/XS. My transition and release is fairly smooth so I'm able to control a softer flex and bend profile. My launch angle, SS, and ball speed all changed for the better, but my spin jumped way up. It's interesting how a few hundred revs in spin can lose that much roll out and the end results are only 1 yard different. These 2 sessions are literally within 3 days of each other and show Old vs New. I also have videos of both swings. Such a subtle change made such a big difference and now I'm even more stoked to see how either shaft recommendation will possibly improve my stats.  Would be interesting to see if I can tighten things up further and bring spin down to the lower 2K's. If I can accomplish that goal, I'll be a VERY happy camper. 

In watching the video that @GolfSpy Stroker posted, it was interesting that the 2 leaned more toward the F3. I'm sure we'll all learn more as we go as to why the F3 worked better for them. 

@Rtracymog this is one of the things I was talking about earlier. In preparation and throughout the process, you'll find yourself looking at your own numbers and swing and realize little areas that even you as a lower handicapper can find improvements. For my first LM session video that I recorded, I realized that I had a very abrupt takeaway that I'd picked up over time and I was standing very neutral which was causing a very low and flat flight. I had to force myself to slow way down which wasn't slow at all.. just more natural looking. In the 2nd session, you can see that I slowed down my takeaway quite a bit and I was able to set my transition much better and more efficiently and became easier to hit up on the ball. 

I'm posting these here because they're all simply prep work to get my swing ready for "game time". It's like training camp for a boxer/fighter. And yes, it might be overkill.. but I know no other way

🥴

176009116_OldNew.jpg.4cd810bd1a77c4d2960c237e543b4d0e.jpg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

One thing I think about when it comes to fittings is sample size. Often times, when you go to a fitting, they have you hit like 5 balls with each shaft combination. In my mind, that makes sense for good golfers that put a good swing on the ball. For me, being a high handicapper, the chance of bad swings within those 5 shots is very high. When I test out the Motore X, I want to make sure the sample size is sufficiently high. 

I also have pondered the mental impact of knowing which shaft you are testing. For example, knowing that Motore X is designed to increase ball speed, will I unconsciously swing harder because of it? In an optimal test, it would be really cool if all shafts had no graphics on them and you didn't know which shaft was which. Just some pondering that I have been doing.

Updated 07/15/2022

I’m very excited about this test. I think you will find a wide variety of methodology being employed amongst this test group. Several of us live in warmer climates and so are playing regularly. I know that I’m going to putting a good deal of stock in what happens on the course - will I get that dispersion back under control and get some more run out on my shots for greater distance?

Others will rely much more on LM data because they can’t play as much.

This truly is going to be real world stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm in the same boat as @azstu324 in that I've gone through a lot of swing changes over the past year.  That's one of the reasons I'm really excited about this review.  One surprise with this review is that I was actually in a driver fitting with PXG to look at a new shaft hours before I found out I was selected for this review.  I actually purchased the shaft directly after the fitting, Aldila NV Green NXT 65 X, so I'll be comparing 3 shafts in my review!

Based upon our current gamers, which shaft, F1 or F3, do you guys think we'll end up with for this review?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Damn. Now I’m all pumped up and I’m not even a tester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I think that I will be an F1 but after watching the video with the golficity guys, my mind is open! I’m curious to how the phone fitting will go. I heard nothing but great things about the Evnroll phone fittings last year!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I think that I will be an F1 but after watching the video with the golficity guys, my mind is open! I’m curious to how the phone fitting will go. I heard nothing but great things about the Evnroll phone fittings last year!

Well my EVNRoll one was three years ago with Mr Rife himself - from the first time that I held that putter it felt like it was made for me - it still does.

There are fitters and there are fitters - I’m trusting that the ones we have here will be good.

I’m predicting F3 for me - the video was cool but that’s not where my game is at - I’m fit like those guys but a 63 year old fit - big difference - if I can get a shaft that lets me hit it straight and mid 130’s ball speed around 14 degrees and 2,800 spin rate - yeah that will do nicely. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Will be interesting to see if it's a "one and done" fitting.. or if there will be some follow up with suggestions to tweak loft angles, etc. I'm going back tonight to see if maybe a lower loft (8*) might help pull my spin numbers down a hair. 

My goal is to really have my current driver/shaft maxed out and swing dialed in prior to getting our Fuji's. This way there's very little "what if" factor when comparing the 2. I'm almost tempted to go the 3rd shaft route and order the V2 Black in XS.. for now I'll just keep that as thought.. the Mrs. probably wouldn't be crazy about it. 😜 

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

So I just got off the phone with someone...😀

folks have your stats handy! 

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG