GolfSpy Stroker

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

Our Sponsors

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I want to see you guys pick up club head speed and not lose out on accuracy. I’d imagine that’s what Fujikura would love to see too! emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't that the dream of every golfer?! 😂  Dispersion is always #1 on my list in terms of looking at this type of stuff.  Although it is fun to be 300+ yards down the wrong fairway!

• Like 3

Isn't that the dream of every golfer?!   Dispersion is always #1 on my list in terms of looking at this type of stuff.  Although it is fun to be 300+ yards down the wrong fairway!

There’s one hole where I play where a good drive is great, but if it’s bad I want it to be realllly bad so it goes over the crap between the holes and into the next fairway. It’s an easy wedge back over and into the green in 3. Haha

• Haha 1

Will be very interesting to see what "multiplied" speed looks like..

I'm hoping for something like this...

original.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Old man Crossfield would refer to us as "shaftoids" emoji1787.png

I have been to a few different popular fitters in my area, and have left disappointed by their level of knowledge on shafts. I was told by one fitter that two iron shafts were essentially the same (both were in the same weight range, and both were stiff shafts). However, the bend profiles were significantly different and one felt way different than the other.

Looking forward to hear how the testers like this shaft and more importantly the data.  Have fun guys!

• Like 2

Really looking forward in how this works for you guys.  Congrats on being selected, enjoy!

• Like 2

I want to see you guys pick up club head speed and not lose out on accuracy. I’d imagine that’s what Fujikura would love to see too!

My dispersion has been way off with my current shaft - short and wrong is not a good combo. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, revkev said:

My dispersion has been way off with my current shaft - short and wrong is not a good combo. 😞

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Time for a change then! What are you using now?

16 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Time for a change then! What are you using now?

Alta Distanza - its a senior flex - I really don't think it's right for me - I hit it well when I was fit for it but I quite honestly have not gotten out of it what I was looking for other than the fact that I launch it properly.

• Like 2

This is always one of my favorite tests to see. Shafts do play a large role in the performance of a driver, but more so how the shaft meshes with the head. 

• Like 2

Congrats guys.  I’m a shaft junky and have an OG F1 in the closet so looking forward to following this one!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Congrats to those who were selected to test and we look forward to hearing your feedback. In the interim please let us know of any questions about Motore X!

Whoa! Fujikura in the house! Welcome to the forums guys.  

9 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Congrats to those who were selected to test and we look forward to hearing your feedback. In the interim please let us know of any questions about Motore X!

Thank you guys so much for this opportunity!  Can't wait to put this shaft through its paces!

Having been involved with a few testing opportunities, it definitely adds to the experience when the OEM is able to be involved or chime in from time to time so welcome to the forum Fujikura!  Thank you for working this partnership out and giving us this opportunity to test and share our experience with the golf world! We're a golf-eccentric bunch, and take this testing VERY seriously. 

can't wait!

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 4

One of the things that I will represent as a currently high-handicapper in this test is someone who is working on making swing changes. I often see many reviews on forums, blogs, and golf sites that are high level players that have a solid established swing that are trying to dial in an optimized shaft. I would like to see how well a shaft performs as my swing continues to evolve over time. For example, will something that works well continue to work well in the future.

• Like 4

Question for Fujikura:

So we've been told that we'll more or less be fit over the phone from a series of questions.

My question to you is: would swing data i.e. avg out of 10 or 20 shots, or even possibly a swing video help to maximize the outcome/experience? A lot of us have access and are pretty good with collecting this type of info.

Whatever we can do to help you to put the most individualized product in our hands to maximize the testing data, please let us know.

Thx!

Stu

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 3

Fyi Club Champion locations around the country have these shafts in stock fit fittings 

• Like 2