Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

7 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Are they going to cut it like TM does then, and tip it an inch? Or butt trim it down to your preferred length?

My motore will be butt cutt only, no tipping.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 2/29/2020 at 4:36 PM, azstu324 said:

I've been contemplating posting my swing video as well..

For anyone following, is that something you would want to see? Or is a video of me and my janky self-taught attempt to swing a driver, at all relevant to the testing process?

Thoughts?

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Would definitely want to see swing. Could give some good perspective. Maybe someone has a similar swing as well (and of course some people to give their 2 cents on how to fix it welcomed or not)

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Anybody else starting to get twitchy? 🤪..   😜

Right about now, my brain has a hard time shutting down at night because I'm thinking about testing ideas. 

Edited by azstu324

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I played yesterday and lost my driver swing, was snap hooking everything. Probably should not have played yesterday to begin with, currently feeling under the weather.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

I played yesterday and lost my driver swing, was snap hooking everything. Probably should not have played yesterday to begin with, currently feeling under the weather.

That’s a gift.

Shake out all those bad swings and you’ll be good for a while.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Would definitely want to see swing. Could give some good perspective. Maybe someone has a similar swing as well (and of course some people to give their 2 cents on how to fix it welcomed or not)

A word of caution - to the best of my knowledge we have one certified teacher in our midst and my guess is he wouldn’t comment unless asked - I would not be taking any swing advice from anyone on a forum - no offense to any of the other guys here many of whom are knowledgeable about the game. Well intentioned swing advice on a forum is likely to cause more harm to a swing than good.

I could just see us digging in and “fixing” Wolff or Furyk’s swing if it were posted. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

A word of caution - to the best of my knowledge we have one certified teacher in our midst and my guess is he wouldn’t comment unless asked - I would not be taking any swing advice from anyone on a forum - no offense to any of the other guys here many of whom are knowledgeable about the game. Well intentioned swing advice on a forum is likely to cause more harm to a swing than good.

I could just see us digging in and “fixing” Wolff or Furyk’s swing if it were posted. 🙂

Couldn’t agree more that’s why I through the jab out there lol. Everyone’s swing is different, let em rip!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, revkev said:

I could just see us digging in and “fixing” Wolff or Furyk’s swing if it were posted. :)

Hence my initial hesitation to post my swing.. 

There's nothing like dangling that chicken wing out there as bait for the wolves 😜

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I can't wait to get this test started, but it is probably a good thing for me personally that the shaft hasn't arrived. I am still sick right now, and if I had the shaft, I am sure I would probably try to go out there and swing even though I have no energy at the moment. 

On a side note, being sick causes me to spend more money. I bought a Hzrdus red shaft off of ebay for a cheap price to throw into the mix for this test. 

Updated 07/15/2022

34 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I bought a Hzrdus red shaft off of ebay for a cheap price to throw into the mix for this test.

Hope you're feeling better at least!  Any reason for this specific shaft in the void that you can get sucked into with shafts?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

9 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Hope you're feeling better at least!  Any reason for this specific shaft in the void that you can get sucked into with shafts?

The Hzrdus red because I wanted to try a shaft that is a very stable shaft but still mid launch, mid spin. It was cheap as well, so it's a low cost experiment, and I should be able to get my money back if it doesn't work out.

Updated 07/15/2022

58 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I have the FexEx app which tells me when a package is being sent to me. Package from Fujikura on the way!!! Delivery date: Friday.

man you lucky dog! I've got the same app and I've been checking it like a crazy person. No delivery scheduled yet. I'm a days delivery from Carlsbad so hopefully I'll be seeing mine around the same time. I've got a 4 day weekend and am starting a new job on Monday. I've got a couple of rounds lined up and it sure would be nice to put the new stick in play. 

🤞

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Just got mine!  Scheduled for Saturday!

Getting excited the more I read! https://drivingrangeheroes.com/fujikura-motore-x-f1-shaft-review/

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

11 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

Getting excited the more I read! https://drivingrangeheroes.com/fujikura-motore-x-f1-shaft-review/

Yeah I was reading this one too. I was wondering what they do with the extra weight that they save with their magic "phantium" paint. Just the name of the paint sounds like something that special ops would be using😜. Is it like a golf club where they are able to re-distribute weight to other more effective parts for better CG? My guess is that because shafts don't really have CG that they are able to better stabilize parts that have higher torsional stress? I guess the bigger question is "exactly how much weight are they saving?". Is it enough to make a 70g shaft 69g so they can classify it as a 65g? or is it more substantial and impactful on the actual construction of the shaft? Sooooo many questions running round in my brain! 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Yeah I was reading this one too. I was wondering what they do with the extra weight that they save with their magic "phantium" paint. Just the name of the paint sounds like something that special ops would be using😜. Is it like a golf club where they are able to re-distribute weight to other more effective parts for better CG? My guess is that because shafts don't really have CG that they are able to better stabilize parts that have higher torsional stress? I guess the bigger question is "exactly how much weight are they saving?". Is it enough to make a 70g shaft 69g so they can classify it as a 65g? or is it more substantial and impactful on the actual construction of the shaft? Sooooo many questions running round in my brain! 

I'll kinda give a bit of a spoiler from what my write-up was going to be with this shaft.  After my fitting, I ask if he had time to answer a few questions around this shaft to get a little more in-depth as to the reasons behind why this shaft was created.  They took the learnings from Ventus, tightening dispersion, and basically asked how can we hit the ball further while still keeping the tight dispersion that Ventus promises.  To come up with that design, they used their ENSO system to capture what happens to a shaft at certain points in the swing. 

The impression that I got from the conversation was that this shaft will twist a lot less, especially at critical times, than others.  My guess is that the weight they took from the paint, no matter how little, was put into the tech to prevent that twisting.  That's one of the reasons that I'm really excited for this because of my aggressive transition in my swing.  This shaft should handle that transition extremely well.

19 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Just got mine!  Scheduled for Saturday!

If I've asked you this before, I apologize but seeing that you live in Noblesville - have you ever played Purgatory?  I lived in Indiana for 11 years.  Our fall Pastor's conference was in Columbus and I always tried to time my trip there or back to hit a course around Indy - Purgatory was my favorite in that rotation so much so that I made sure that I played it at least once a season.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 hours ago, revkev said:

If I've asked you this before, I apologize but seeing that you live in Noblesville - have you ever played Purgatory?  I lived in Indiana for 11 years.  Our fall Pastor's conference was in Columbus and I always tried to time my trip there or back to hit a course around Indy - Purgatory was my favorite in that rotation so much so that I made sure that I played it at least once a season.

Purgatory is easily one of my favorites!  They have a 9-hole men's night every Thursday of a major for $30 and all you can eat when you're done.  I always make sure to hit that up.  They do different 2-person formats with each event and try to match the food too.  The Open is always the best fish and chips.  Next time you're there, hit me up!

Ahh no FedEx notification!!!!!

Image result for you are freaking out man super troopers

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

8 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Guess I spoke too soon...

How flippin rad is this?!?!?!0305201320.jpegInShot_20200305_133644033.jpeg

nice!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

That mygolfspy engraving on the shaft is dope. Can't wait to see mine in person.

Updated 07/15/2022

12 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

That mygolfspy engraving on the shaft is dope. Can't wait to see mine in person.

Oh man, it's the illest! Was definitely not expecting it at all and you have to see it in person. The flash makes the strands pop but it's much more subtle and covert looking in person. 

Just to think that it's 1/5 in the whole world (well supposedly). Even if it were 1/100 it still is ridiculous!

I'll be going straight to the LM's tonight and then have a round booked for 6:30 am at Red Mountain GC tomorrow with my pops. 

Not to mention I'm officially unemployed.. well until Monday. Life is good 🙂 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Just a couple more teaser pics

inCollage_20200305_222220173.jpeg0305201327.jpeg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I wanna send my Ventus to them to get the MGS logo on it, that's so sick.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

8 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Just a couple more teaser pics

inCollage_20200305_222220173.jpeg

That's a sweet headcover!  Where did you get that?  

Edited by Rtracymog

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

And so it starts! 

This is where living in Florida stinks - I will be the last one to receive mine - I'm playing Sunday and Tuesday but then won't be able to touch a club until the following Sunday after church (two funerals along with a variety of other stuff.)  Ah but the great news is the following week is Spring Break - no Day School obligations, just be sure to be ready for church on Weds and Sunday - guess who is going to be pounding the range! :)z,

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

That's a sweet headcover!  Where did you get that?  
PGATSS for $10. It was in the clearance bin. Got it and a matching cover for my 4 wood. It's a Callaway so you might be able to find them on the ol interwebs.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I wanna send my Ventus to them to get the MGS logo on it, that's so sick.
Fujikura may not have realized what they got themselves into by putting the MGS logo on the shaft. I'm sure they'll be getting requests now.

MAXFLI  Tour CG