Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

That def sounds like high toe dive bombs. At least those run out a bit. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for helping to pinpoint the issue. I think I had a few things going against me today. I think the length of both shafts are a bit too long for me, going to trim them down to play at 45" since I choke up anyway. Even at 45" I will still probably choke up a bit. I also just couldn't get comfortable with not being able to tee up the ball to my preferred height, that really messed with me.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Question for the group. If both my launch angle is too low and my backspin is too low (sometimes 1500), what exactly is going on? Where on the face am i hitting the ball?

I’d also say high possibly with a negative AoA. The issue with the tee height could have exacerbated this. But it’s only a guess - didn’t you have a ball mark on the club face of your driver? Normally trackman data includes AoA info.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks for helping to pinpoint the issue. I think I had a few things going against me today. I think the length of both shafts are a bit too long for me, going to trim them down to play at 45" since I choke up anyway. Even at 45" I will still probably choke up a bit. I also just couldn't get comfortable with not being able to tee up the ball to my preferred height, that really messed with me.

Yeah being comfortable with the tee height makes a real big difference too. I used to get to play on a sim and between the fact that it felt like a small enclosure, and the crappy tee height my average launch angle was like 7 degrees but I would go outside right then and there and hit a normal drive.

It actually took me quite some time to get my actual swing in the sim with driver/fairway wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

8 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I agree with you and @B.Boston Tee height alwayyyyys screwed with me. Have my standard tee outside that I use and I know where to set it every time. Get into the sim and the whole feel is different (funny how something so small could screw with you). I too have adjusted to the sim tees but with only the 3 standard tees typically the sims have it’s tough.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Yeah being comfortable with the tee height makes a real big difference too. I used to get to play on a sim and between the fact that it felt like a small enclosure, and the crappy tee height my average launch angle was like 7 degrees but I would go outside right then and there and hit a normal drive.

It actually took me quite some time to get my actual swing in the sim with driver/fairway wood.

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I agree with you and @B.Boston Tee height alwayyyyys screwed with me. Have my standard tee outside that I use and I know where to set it every time. Get into the sim and the whole feel is different (funny how something so small could screw with you). I too have adjusted to the sim tees but with only the 3 standard tees typically the sims have it’s tough.

I actually went out and bought rubber tee that you can place actual tees in a year or so ago.  Like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Holder-Practice-Driving-available/dp/B07BHWNKBL

If you use the short tees for irons, it should be at the exact height you would normally play.

Edited by goaliewales14

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

I actually went out and bought rubber tee that you can place actual tees in a year or so ago.  Like this one:
If you use the short tees for irons, it should be at the exact height you would normally play.
You beat me to it. They use tees like this at PGATSS that go up and down quite a bit and the actual tee part is anchored in so it won't fly outScreenshot_20200315-112913.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Was hitting well for a while today at my club with the driver and the Motore X, much better than on the Trackman. Was waiting for my tee time during a frost delay. As the delay went on for four hours, then everything went to hell with my swing to the point it didn't even feel right to hold a golf club. Went home without ever teeing off today. Trying to get my golf mental state back to normal.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

50 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I also use the short tees (plastic) and they are pretty much on the ground 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

So I finally got some time to get on trackman.  My swing was not good today.   Even shots that hit the middle of the face according to Trackman, felt heely.  If you've never used Trackman before, carbon crowned drivers tend to read club head speed a little quicker than normal.  The ball speed is correct, but it can show lower smash factors than normal.  So as you can tell the swing needs a lot of work, but I liked the results overall for the first run of data! Shafts are listed in the order I hit them on the diagram.  I was leaking a little more right with the Cortex at 8 degrees, so I bumped it to 9. Fastest ball speed of the day! I deleted all but the 5 best or so with the other shafts, but the Motore seemed to have many more balls in play!

3 15 Trackman Averages.jpg

3 15 Trackman.jpg

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Rtracy how are you a 9?  If I had half those numbers.......

Oh well I have yet to get on a launch monitor and the way things are going it may not happen - lots of places are temporarily closing including my normal resource.  Here's what I know so far - my average fairways hit have gone from just over 50 percent to nearly 75 percent.  I've shot 78,77,76 with the shaft in.  The 77 was back a half a set of tees from the ones that I normally play at my club.  I have not taken a penalty with driver in those three rounds and I have had only 1 drive into a bad spot, a pitch out fairway trap.  My handicap index has gone from 7.0 to 5.8.  My driving handicap has dropped from 15 to 10. 

So while I don't have launch monitor data I do have real golf scores and also data on the component parts going into those scores that reveal that this shaft is making a difference in my game at this point.  I'm certainly going to have ample opportunity to play golf in the coming weeks as we are shut down for two with the strong probability of more to come.  I've yet to use the driver on the range for more than a couple of swings.  That should come tomorrow. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

28 minutes ago, revkev said:

Rtracy how are you a 9?  If I had half those numbers.......

Oh well I have yet to get on a launch monitor and the way things are going it may not happen - lots of places are temporarily closing including my normal resource.  Here's what I know so far - my average fairways hit have gone from just over 50 percent to nearly 75 percent.  I've shot 78,77,76 with the shaft in.  The 77 was back a half a set of tees from the ones that I normally play at my club.  I have not taken a penalty with driver in those three rounds and I have had only 1 drive into a bad spot, a pitch out fairway trap.  My handicap index has gone from 7.0 to 5.8.  My driving handicap has dropped from 15 to 10. 

So while I don't have launch monitor data I do have real golf scores and also data on the component parts going into those scores that reveal that this shaft is making a difference in my game at this point.  I'm certainly going to have ample opportunity to play golf in the coming weeks as we are shut down for two with the strong probability of more to come.  I've yet to use the driver on the range for more than a couple of swings.  That should come tomorrow. 

RevKev a lot of it is lack of playing.  For the past 6 years I worked 7 days a week from February-June and then I was working 5 days from June-August including just about every weekend.  My wife worked one of my two days off plus 2 young kids, well you get the picture 🙂  If you look at a couple of those misses they lead to penalty strokes.  I live by the motto long and wrong lol Add those penalty strokes to a 32+ putt average and it usually adds up to the high 70s-low 80s.  I can't wait to get outside and play a little more with the shaft in this driver.  If I had your consistency, I could finally win my family tournament!

4 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

So I finally got some time to get on trackman.  My swing was not good today.   Even shots that hit the middle of the face according to Trackman, felt heely.  If you've never used Trackman before, carbon crowned drivers tend to read club head speed a little quicker than normal.  The ball speed is correct, but it can show lower smash factors than normal.  So as you can tell the swing needs a lot of work, but I liked the results overall for the first run of data! Shafts are listed in the order I hit them on the diagram.  I was leaking a little more right with the Cortex at 8 degrees, so I bumped it to 9. Fastest ball speed of the day! I deleted all but the 5 best or so with the other shafts, but the Motore seemed to have many more balls in play!

3 15 Trackman Averages.jpg

3 15 Trackman.jpg

Is the offline numbers on the pic in yards or feet??

Updated 07/15/2022

Is the offline numbers on the pic in yards or feet??

Yards. With the rogue silver I hit a few and adjusted the target because of the way the mat was aiming me so a couple of those are a little farther left in the results than in real life.

I don't know if I will be able to get on a launch monitor again due to the coronavirus, but going to put ample time on the range and on the course with the shaft. Although my numbers on the Trackman weren't the best with the Motore X, I think my lack of comfort at that facility (the tee height issue) had a significant impact. Let's see how things go on the course, that is what matters.

I've been struggling a bit with a few things on my driver swing, so going to go back to the basics on a few items including grip and general setup. It's close, but just need to find some more consistency in my swing.

Updated 07/15/2022

RevKev a lot of it is lack of playing.  For the past 6 years I worked 7 days a week from February-June and then I was working 5 days from June-August including just about every weekend.  My wife worked one of my two days off plus 2 young kids, well you get the picture   If you look at a couple of those misses they lead to penalty strokes.  I live by the motto long and wrong lol Add those penalty strokes to a 32+ putt average and it usually adds up to the high 70s-low 80s.  I can't wait to get outside and play a little more with the shaft in this driver.  If I had your consistency, I could finally win my family tournament!

Yeah there’s a reason why we all have handicaps - at our level you can offset a deficiency with strengths. That’s true at the very highest levels but the margins are closer.

Still very impressive numbers - I’d love to have you in a scramble.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Yeah there’s a reason why we all have handicaps - at our level you can offset a deficiency with strengths. That’s true at the very highest levels but the margins are closer.

Still very impressive numbers - I’d love to have you in a scramble.

Usually I can shine there. The problem is that most of the people I scramble with aren’t used to hitting half wedge shots into holes. Just let me know when you need me! I’ve got some free time!

@COmedic - What happened with the F3?  I see it's up on for sale!  I might take a look at it with my 3-wood

@azstu324 - loving the dispersion!!  

So I took a chance and had the V2 butt trimmed by .75" and added a GP Microsuede grip which is close to the same weight as the Lamkin.

I've decided to keep the yarn in the head. The sound and feel have really grown on me. Both play at 45" and are D4 SW. This way I can change the shafts back and forth and keep the SW relatively close. The V2 plays just a little softer now due to the butt trim but it's probably a true S flex now.

I'm really tempted to order the V2 Black in XS as I feel like it could be a good competitor, and at the $60 price point could make for an interesting write up compared to the $275 premium MotoreX

As you can see, I'm really starting to find my stride with the MotoreX. I just feel like I can open up the throttle a bit more and maintain good control. The shaft feels very smooth. Almost like swing a softer flex but without the feeling of being a noodle. It's very intriguing. Almost like if you could install a LaZBoy recliner in a Porsche GT3. Ok that's probably a weird analogy but I'm going with it.

sketch-1584503914769.jpeg.aa6ae075f65fbcd01496c29605a32331.jpegsketch-1584504032996.jpeg.45e03e7990336399e6aefe399bcaae7e.jpeg

Jeez! I’d be gaming that shaft for the dispersion ALONE! Nice!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

14 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

@COmedic - What happened with the F3?  I see it's up on for sale!  I might take a look at it with my 3-wood

Shaft loads and launches incredibly easy in the couple of rounds I have had. I use my LST 3-wood frequently off the tee and to my eye it appears the ball carries further with the Motore X, but doesn’t roll out as much as with the Hzrdus Smoke shaft that was in it. 

So I took a chance and had the V2 butt trimmed by .75" and added a GP Microsuede grip which is close to the same weight as the Lamkin.

I've decided to keep the yarn in the head. The sound and feel have really grown on me. Both play at 45" and are D4 SW. This way I can change the shafts back and forth and keep the SW relatively close. The V2 plays just a little softer now due to the butt trim but it's probably a true S flex now.

I'm really tempted to order the V2 Black in XS as I feel like it could be a good competitor, and at the $60 price point could make for an interesting write up compared to the $275 premium MotoreX

As you can see, I'm really starting to find my stride with the MotoreX. I just feel like I can open up the throttle a bit more and maintain good control. The shaft feels very smooth. Almost like swing a softer flex but without the feeling of being a noodle. It's very intriguing. Almost like if you could install a LaZBoy recliner in a Porsche GT3. Ok that's probably a weird analogy but I'm going with it.

sketch-1584503914769.jpeg.aa6ae075f65fbcd01496c29605a32331.jpegsketch-1584504032996.jpeg.45e03e7990336399e6aefe399bcaae7e.jpeg

I 100% agree with the smooth feeling. This is really the first after market shaft that I’ve used and the feel is noticeably different. If I could get the dispersion that you were seeing Stu, you would have to pry that thing out of my cold, dead hands!

This shaft is looking like a must try with the results you guys are getting. Nice job so far can't wait to read your full write ups

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

18 hours ago, azstu324 said:

sketch-1584503914769.jpegsketch-1584504032996.jpeg

Interested in hearing more about your comparison.  I play a V2 and get good dispersion.  Like the higher launch and peek height you seem to be getting with the Motore.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

44 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Interested in hearing more about your comparison.  I play a V2 and get good dispersion.  Like the higher launch and peek height you seem to be getting with the Motore.

Even with the V2, avg of 15 yds offline isn't horrendous. I think that as I'm becoming more comfortable loading into the swing on the MotoreX - X flex, the V2 S flex is starting to feel a tad whippy and I'm seeing a bit more spray factor. Hence why I'm very tempted to order a V2 in X flex 68g... Hmm... toilet paper or a new golf shaft..? 🤔

MAXFLI  Tour CG

4 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Even with the V2, avg of 15 yds offline isn't horrendous. I think that as I'm becoming more comfortable loading into the swing on the MotoreX - X flex, the V2 S flex is starting to feel a tad whippy and I'm seeing a bit more spray factor. Hence why I'm very tempted to order a V2 in X flex 68g... Hmm... toilet paper or a new golf shaft..? 🤔

Interesting about the S / X flex.   Ball speed/carry distance is close to mine and I am pretty much X across the board.   Probably depends on how you load the shaft,  I am generally pretty smooth in transition.  My 3 wood is an X because I picked up the wrong shaft, but it works and the Smoke black is generally considered pretty boardy.  Makes me wonder how I would do with an X in my driver.  Then I try some of Harry's clubs and it just feels unplayable.    When MGS opens back up,  I am going to have to try one of their Motore shafts even though it is an X.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Was able to play 18 holes today. My driver swing was crap on the front 9, no shaft would have helped. The driving at my club is only now open Thurs to Sunday due to the coronavirus, so the first 9 holes ended up being my warm-up.

Hit some solid drives in the fairway with the Motore F3 shaft in play. I'm liking the shaft, but I need to dial in this SIM Max a bit. I cut down the shaft to play at 45", think I need to add a bit of headweight. On my cheap swingweight scale, its currently at about D0.

Updated 07/15/2022

Was able to play 18 holes today. My driver swing was crap on the front 9, no shaft would have helped. The driving at my club is only now open Thurs to Sunday due to the coronavirus, so the first 9 holes ended up being my warm-up.
Hit some solid drives in the fairway with the Motore F3 shaft in play. I'm liking the shaft, but I need to dial in this SIM Max a bit. I cut down the shaft to play at 45", think I need to add a bit of headweight. On my cheap swingweight scale, its currently at about D0.
I've had some really good success with the knitting yarn in the head. It's easy to add and remove and doesn't show like lead tape. You can use it to experiment with swing weight and if you decide you like it heavier, you can then have hot melt or tip weights added, or just keep the yarn. Having the correct SW IMO makes an enormous difference. 2g = 1 SW point and doesn't take much to add 6g.

I've also used poly-fill in other drivers that's works just as well but it's more of a pain to remove if needed.

Not 100% if the SIM is completely open on the inside so you might have to look it up.

Also depending on the grip that you picked, you can change the SW a full point with a lighter grip. Either way, I would definitely suggest getting the SW dialed in for this test.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

14 hours ago, azstu324 said:

I've had some really good success with the knitting yarn in the head. It's easy to add and remove and doesn't show like lead tape. You can use it to experiment with swing weight and if you decide you like it heavier, you can then have hot melt or tip weights added, or just keep the yarn. Having the correct SW IMO makes an enormous difference. 2g = 1 SW point and doesn't take much to add 6g.

I've also used poly-fill in other drivers that's works just as well but it's more of a pain to remove if needed.

Not 100% if the SIM is completely open on the inside so you might have to look it up.

Also depending on the grip that you picked, you can change the SW a full point with a lighter grip. Either way, I would definitely suggest getting the SW dialed in for this test.

I've heard about the yarn, but my only concern is that I have heard that anything not fixed to the clubhead inside of the club is illegal. Not that I am playing in any tournaments any time soon, but still something I consider. Hot melt is allowed because its sticks to part of the head and can't move around.

I bought some tungsten tape to dial in the swingweight. Haven't used tungsten or lead tape before, but health concerns around lead concern me. Likely no adverse health effect would happen by just putting lead tape on a driver head would happen, but just overly paranoid with those types of things.

Updated 07/15/2022