Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

I've heard about the yarn, but my only concern is that I have heard that anything not fixed to the clubhead inside of the club is illegal. Not that I am playing in any tournaments any time soon, but still something I consider. Hot melt is allowed because its sticks to part of the head and can't move around.
I bought some tungsten tape to dial in the swingweight. Haven't used tungsten or lead tape before, but health concerns around lead concern me. Likely no adverse health effect would happen by just putting lead tape on a driver head would happen, but just overly paranoid with those types of things.
I know there will be different levels of individual acceptance for stuff like this. I'm not playing any tournaments and as far as I'm concerned, it isn't moving around inside the head so I'm good with keeping it for now. Long-term, I'll probably buy an 8g weight to replace the 2g plastic weight but I definitely know that 6g/3 SW points is what I'm after. I was mainly referring to the yarn for initial SW adjustment to dial in your preference. Once you know what weight you like, you can then look at more permanent measures.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Overall, my driver swing hasn't been super consistent as of late, but was able to find the fairway a bit yesterday with the SIM Max / Motore X F3 combo.

IMG_6282.thumb.JPG.c48405ca475d86deda6c76e29db95180.JPG

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Well my NV Green is currently sitting at the PGA SS because they were the ones doing the return....

8475447_PGATourSuperstoreClosed.png.4da12cba7af8ce9b536bb1784e9896e3.png

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Made it out to the course again today. First 9 holes, overall didn't play well and kept hit some weak snap hooks (no driver or shaft would have helped).

On the back 9, I switched back to a grip style that I have started to become more comfortable with for driver, ten finger grip, very strong left hand. This essentially takes the club back very closed and I for me, it feels like it stays square the whole time. Was able to hit some really nice drives that way. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Forgot to mention that my swingweight testing failed miserably. Not adding the weight itself, but the tungsten rubber weights plus a piece of duct tape over it flew off the club almost immediately

Updated 07/15/2022

Hey everyone!  I wanted to provide a quick update on my status and plans for the coming week.  Good news:  I'm officially over my sinus infection and feeling back to normal!  Bad news:  With Covid-19, 4 of the simulators around me that I have been using, or was going to use have been closed for the next few weeks.  Each of them will reevaluate their situation at that time.  The city that has these simulators, and where I work, has gone to a travel advisory.

My plan:  Indiana weather is showing itself, so it's currently raining and/or not getting above 35*.  I looks like I'm going to get a break Wednesday and some of Thursday.  I'm going to try and get out and walk a course if possible.  If the courses are flooded, or shutdown, I, luckily, have a hitting net that I'll set up in my backyard.  If I go to the hitting net, I'm going to do the foot spray accuracy test on how well each shaft allows me to find the center of the face.  I'm going to call the PGA SS and see if I can pick the NV Green to include in that since they are doing curbside pick-ups.  

I apologize for the hiccups as we are all going through these tough and uncharted times.  I'll definitely upload a swing video with the next test!  If there's anything anyone wants to see, please let me know!

Hey everyone!  I wanted to provide a quick update on my status and plans for the coming week.  Good news:  I'm officially over my sinus infection and feeling back to normal!  Bad news:  With Covid-19, 4 of the simulators around me that I have been using, or was going to use have been closed for the next few weeks.  Each of them will reevaluate their situation at that time.  The city that has these simulators, and where I work, has gone to a travel advisory.
My plan:  Indiana weather is showing itself, so it's currently raining and/or not getting above 35*.  I looks like I'm going to get a break Wednesday and some of Thursday.  I'm going to try and get out and walk a course if possible.  If the courses are flooded, or shutdown, I, luckily, have a hitting net that I'll set up in my backyard.  If I go to the hitting net, I'm going to do the foot spray accuracy test on how well each shaft allows me to find the center of the face.  I'm going to call the PGA SS and see if I can pick the NV Green to include in that since they are doing curbside pick-ups.  
I apologize for the hiccups as we are all going through these tough and uncharted times.  I'll definitely upload a swing video with the next test!  If there's anything anyone wants to see, please let me know!

Yeah Michigan isn’t looking much better. Luckily my store is still open so I should be able to get some more data soon. Likewise I will remember to post a swing video as well. Hopefully this weather breaks soon!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I guess I will pile on here today - my goal for this test was to play with the shaft and gather my launch monitor data at the end, just prior to review, that way I would have had ample time to adjust to it.

That last part is not likely to happen at this point as the places with LMs are shut down or shutting down.  Courses remain open and I will be playing tomorrow.  I suspect St Pete is going to shut everything down starting next week but my club is outside of city limits so hopefully at least the range remains open.  It's not really a walkable course but at least I will be able to hit shots.  I've yet to see what the grill room is going to do - the governor has shut down all dine in service for the State of Florida as well as all public beaches. 

I did play on Weds.  I had issues with everything so it may just be that it was me rather than my equipment. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

After some time with the Motore X F1 6X driver shaft in my G410 LST as well as the F3 7x in my 3-wood, I have learned I am a Ventus Black kind of guy. I’m a higher spin player and firmer tip of the Ventus holds up to my swing better. Never got on a monitor so purely going off visuals from a range day. If anybody is looking to try either of these shafts let me know and we can work something out!

I posted in another thread about it, but I have been experimenting with lifting my left heel during my backswing and found that it helps my timing and sequencing. Why I mention it here? When I played yesterday, I did this once with my driver. On the downswing, I somehow accidentally took a big step forward and took a big swing. Hit a great shot, right down the middle of the fairway. Not going to do that big step again, but when I put a decent swing on the ball, the Motore X F3 is working out well. When I put a bad swing on the ball, no shaft will help me.

On a side note, I think I am going to get my SIM Max hot melted, so the SIM Max / Motore combo will be out of the rotation for about a week or so. If I do play next week, Callaway FTI ftw!

Updated 07/15/2022

I posted in another thread about it, but I have been experimenting with lifting my left heel during my backswing and found that it helps my timing and sequencing. Why I mention it here? When I played yesterday, I did this once with my driver. On the downswing, I somehow accidentally took a big step forward and took a big swing. Hit a great shot, right down the middle of the fairway. Not going to do that big step again, but when I put a decent swing on the ball, the Motore X F3 is working out well. When I put a bad swing on the ball, no shaft will help me.
On a side note, I think I am going to get my SIM Max hot melted, so the SIM Max / Motore combo will be out of the rotation for about a week or so. If I do play next week, Callaway FTI ftw!

Was the big step with your back left or the front? Stepping through the all with the back leg is a common drill used by instructors - Gary Player often did it while playing. I did it the last hole weds and it two solid shots. Should have done it earlier in the round.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hopefully someone a little more credentialed in golf instruction can chime in to confirm but I believe that lifting the front heel can promote correct hip and shoulder rotation/load. Additionally it helps to keep your torso square over your hips and reduce or prevent the "sway".

Look at Matt Wolff as the perfect example. It was a training technique that GG (George Gankas) uses with some students. He does that little pre-swimg shimmy to help set his hips and imagine his impact position, then the swing. His whole swing is made up of a series of training techniques.. but it freaking works.. he's making $$. And who gives a Flip how it looks?!

MAXFLI  Tour CG

3 hours ago, revkev said:

Was the big step with your back left or the front? Stepping through the all with the back leg is a common drill used by instructors - Gary Player often did it while playing. I did it the last hole weds and it two solid shots. Should have done it earlier in the round.

With my left foot (front foot). Was a little happy gilmore like (without the run up). Not something i plan to do ever again, it just happened and was kind of funny.

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

Hopefully someone a little more credentialed in golf instruction can chime in to confirm but I believe that lifting the front heel can promote correct hip and shoulder rotation/load. Additionally it helps to keep your torso square over your hips and reduce or prevent the "sway".

Look at Matt Wolff as the perfect example. It was a training technique that GG (George Gankas) uses with some students. He does that little pre-swimg shimmy to help set his hips and imagine his impact position, then the swing. His whole swing is made up of a series of training techniques.. but it freaking works.. he's making $$. And who gives a Flip how it looks?!

Brandel Chamblee has a book called Anatomy of Greatness (or something like that), and one of the most important things he calls out is that you should lift the lead heel, and he talks quite a bit about why. He also believes in a little right knee inward movement as a key to start the swing.

https://www.golf.com/instruction/brandel-chamblee-has-found-holy-grail-swing

This was what led me to try the lifting of the front foot. Not related to this shaft test, but the lifting of the front heel really helped with my irons. Instead of low and left shots, my shots started having a nice high trajectory with a very small well controlled fade.

Updated 07/15/2022

So with my local PGATSS shutting its doors due to COVID-19, I lost my access to any launch monitor availability.

I've had to improvise a little but I think my new setup should work just fine.

I was really feeling my swing come together today. This shaft just continues to deliver!

0321201836_HDR.jpeg.d104d290ab1167956fd4375f858544bf.jpeginCollage_20200321_193053332.jpeg.1a1926a6bdcbe17cf1a8bf95473cbd68.jpeg

How much for one of those sims?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

How much for one of those sims?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the net itself $25

For the sim and it's patent pending breakthrough "think it, hit it" technology..

$.07

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I’m heading back into the shop today to get some more comparison data. Is there anything that anyone would like to see or have me test?

17 hours ago, azstu324 said:

So with my local PGATSS shutting its doors due to COVID-19, I lost my access to any launch monitor availability.

I've had to improvise a little but I think my new setup should work just fine.

I was really feeling my swing come together today. This shaft just continues to deliver!

0321201836_HDR.jpeginCollage_20200321_193053332.jpeg

This has be cracking up! FYI love the lines I did a double take!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

So this might be my last chance to get some data for a while.  Most of the other golf shops in the area have closed already.  After the last session I was really liking the numbers and feel of the Motore X.  However, today the trusty Rogue Silver was the winner.  Better dispersion and a lower spin rate.  I have noticed that I'm swinging much more neutral this year.  I was pretty consistently hitting 3-4 degrees up on the ball for the last few years.  Also, I'm usually a more in to out swinger, but I was definitely coming across the ball a little more today.  I wouldn't mind playing a cut on a consistent basis if it helped me eliminate the hook.  I know there's a little loop up at the top of the swing and it was very frustrating and probably was causing some of the club path issues.  The odd part was that with my 7 iron I had the same loop and was swinging in to out. Go figure! I did touch 180 once on the ball speed and I've never gotten to that number before so that was cool to see.  It was with the Rogue SIlver though and not the Motore X.  I was hitting the Rogue Silver in a better spot on the face more consistently as well today.  The verdict is still out! 

Pitching Wedge Swing

7 Irons Swing

Driver Swing

Yellow is the Rogue, White is the Motore X

image.png.71db4c895affff69f0fc88a9a780385a.png

image.thumb.png.0e7a5f8864deb3c3d8b124418b794edf.png

image.thumb.png.24ab1730cb4f07ad74c1b09f810c76da.png

image.thumb.png.a5fafc2c17a15b8fb44e77a36241725c.png

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Edited by Rtracymog

@Rtracymog Those yardages are nuts. I dream of hitting just one ball that far, would probably have to take a long roll on the cartpath for me to go more than 270 total. 

Updated 07/15/2022

I played yesterday with a guy who just got off quarantine (Yankee minor league trainer, exposed to the 2 guys who tested positive).

We’ve played a handful of times. Around the 6th hole he said, “I love that shaft for you. Your ball flight is perfect.” I actually hit a cut on demand and carried some trees when I wanted to, flighted a couple down.

Of course I’m also gaming this years number 2 MWD. :). It’s clearly a better choice than the number 1 for me.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Looks like things are getting shut down here as of today in WA state. 

Updated 07/15/2022

13 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Looks like things are getting shut down here as of today in WA state. 

Just stay safe, please. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Originally in Michigan, golf was okay.  However, I know that the mayor of my city shut down the city courses.  Its supposed to be pretty nice the next couple of days, so I might call around and see if anyone is open.

Hey guys! The weather finally broke so I was able to put my net up today. I wanted to see how well I was finding the center of the face with the new setup. Below is the link to the first swing and a picture after hitting 5 balls.

20200325_183256.thumb.jpg.a077106d5ee55751163ec7665216f30a.jpg

22 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Hey guys! The weather finally broke so I was able to put my net up today. I wanted to see how well I was finding the center of the face with the new setup. Below is the link to the first swing and a picture after hitting 5 balls.

man that takes some confidence to swing over the concrete like that.. I don' t think my nerves would be equipped to dance with that kind of danger 😳

MAXFLI  Tour CG

[/url]  

IMG_5357.JPG
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Nice looking wear pattern there!

Good stuff in here guys.  

FYI. I'd you aren't already following @Fujikura Golf SM accounts. You may want to check them out 😉

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12