2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

My box arrived today as well!  I got an MCC on there and I never specified a color, but I think that it was a nice touch to add a red one to match the graphics on the shaft!  I probably won't be able to get any rough numbers until Monday or Tuesday, but I did an initial bend test and this thing felt stiff!  I'm hoping that I didn't bite off more than I chew here!  I did notice that the adapter looked a little rough.  I attached a picture.  This has not been used or put into my driver yet, so I was a little surprised.  It's a little tough to see a couple of the blemishes on the ferrule, but there'e a good size scratch on the right of the adapter.  Also, I noticed the lettering on the shaft appeared on the bottom.  Just curious where everyone else's were.  Any chance that these were pured? There's no indication of that, but that might explain the look. 
453273909_IMG_03281.thumb.jpg.e1a5fd1e7fdd4786b289ab4cbdc4fc28.jpg
1871568853_IMG_03341.thumb.jpg.db9e3c55ad742a226f53f1ecb5fe6730.jpg
1039561091_IMG_03351.thumb.jpg.e235686c6c813eca48d8afdf81193bde.jpg

Definitely a “used” adaptor. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Definitely a “used” adaptor. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s what I feared. I know Wilson adapters probably aren’t in high demand. I’m sure it’s just cosmetic, but with the grip being off too, it’s a little annoying. Maybe I will never miss a fairway again and it won’t matter one bit!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

That’s what I feared. I know Wilson adapters probably aren’t in high demand. I’m sure it’s just cosmetic, but with the grip being off too, it’s a little annoying. Maybe I will never miss a fairway again and it won’t matter one bit!

BTW as you saw in the picture that I posted yesterday my lettering is up. The fitter asked me what setting I had my adapter at and set the grip accordingly.

Honestly I’ve never paid much attention to that, with adaptable driver settings it’s difficult to keep the label up or down.

I’m surprised at the adapter being used though. But even that wouldn’t bother me. I’ve done another shaft test where the testers needed to do everything ourselves including purchase the adapter, grip and unless we were do it yourselfers pay for the labor to have them installed and the shaft cut down.

From that perspective Fujikura has really done us a solid.

• Like 9

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

On 3/7/2020 at 7:54 PM, goaliewales14 said:

I was able to get on GC Quad today as soon as I got a box on my front door. Unfortunately there was an issue with the NV Green shaft so I wasn't able to do a good comparison. Basically the shaft is going back to Aldila and getting replaced with a new one.

Going through my first couple hits, I noticed we definitely needed to change some settings with this shaft. I was launch really low and with almost no spin. We jumped the loft up to 10.5⁰ and it made all the difference! Here's my last hit. Slightly low on the face but I think I'll take it 🤣

1682710129_MotoreXGCQuad3-7.jpg.png.493513610483179440d35e6fec6b47c7.png

Nice numbers cant wait to see the review.

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

On 3/5/2020 at 3:58 PM, azstu324 said:

Guess I spoke too soon...

How flippin rad is this?!?!?!0305201320.jpegInShot_20200305_133644033.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Awesome that they got the logo on there! GOOD LUCK!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

5 hours ago, revkev said:

BTW as you saw in the picture that I posted yesterday my lettering is up. The fitter asked me what setting I had my adapter at and set the grip accordingly.

Honestly I’ve never paid much attention to that, with adaptable driver settings it’s difficult to keep the label up or down.

I’m surprised at the adapter being used though. But even that wouldn’t bother me. I’ve done another shaft test where the testers needed to do everything ourselves including purchase the adapter, grip and unless we were do it yourselfers pay for the labor to have them installed and the shaft cut down.

From that perspective Fujikura has really done us a solid.

Yeah they asked me as well about the setting and the adapter.  It definitely is on the correct setting.  I think the shaft looks good either way.  Yeah having the grip and tip put on, if nothing else, saves me a trip to the shop which is about a 50 minute round trip.  Hoping to get my first swings in with it today!

• Like 4

My plan for testing:

1. Driving range w/out launch monitor: qualitative review
2. Indoor Trackman: quantitative and quantitative review
3. On-Course: mostly qualitative with some stats

I am finally starting to feel better so planning to get to the range tomorrow.

• Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

On 3/6/2020 at 10:00 AM, dlow206 said:

IMG_6270_updated.JPG.692891bc39c9b71a9a94f53b07bf45fc.JPG

Yessssss! Dormie Ninja brothers!

• Like 3

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

So today I got a chance to swing the shaft on the driver today. It felt very smooth and stable! I noticed a slightly higher flight on the good shots than my rogue silver. This was my first chance to swing in a bit so I hit some big snaps due to lack of head rotation, but a promising start to the test!

• Like 3

Today I wanted to hit the launch monitors to check the settings to make sure I have everything adjusted properly before I start judging this shaft.  I definitely got this dialed in!  This combo is becoming a monster!! 

362414080_MotoreX3-9Edit2.thumb.jpg.8c9cb8a37f5d7e8ecbb94c9a516ec52e.jpg

• Like 7

Driver: Taylormade SIM2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

Played again today - I hit driver on 12 holes and was 8/12 fairways hit. I was only hitting 60 percent of my fairways with the old shaft. Worse my misses were 20/20 either side.

So far I’ve eliminated the left side - my shot shape is straight or slight right to left with the Motore - very reasonable distance - several drives around 230 which is a poke for me at Sea Level. At least I had a chance to get it on those monster par 4’s in regulation. :)

• Like 5

EVNRoll ER 5

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

IMG_1664.thumb.JPG.d73cedcf96094948931c9d92b89c838e.JPG

Here’s that logo - it looks really sharp.

IMG_1669.JPG

“I love the logo, Grandpa!”

As I stated when we started I was wrong and short with my former shaft - hitting 60 percent of fairways - historically I’ve been north of 70 percent. Worse though my misses were dead split between right and left. In fact my ARCCOS driver handicap was 15.5 heading into Sunday’s round.

In the two rounds that I’ve played with the Motore in driver I’ve hit 19 of 25 fairways with 1 miss left and 5 right. I’m not hitting it longer on down wind or cross wind shots but there is a more piercing ball flight so that I’m much longer into the wind.

I’ve yet to practice with it or monkey with settings on my driver so that will be interesting whenever i have that opportunity. It won’t be until next week though.

• Like 7

EVNRoll ER 5

Took the Motore X F3 out to the range today. Wow, was hitting some bombs. Don't really want to use the stock shaft anymore. I feel like I can really go after it with this shaft. I feel like this will be the gamer going forward already, but for the purposes of this test, I will do the due diligence of comparing shafts on the launch monitor.

One thing I need to figure out is controlling the fade bias of the SIM Max. Based on some discussions on one of the other golf forums, the SIM and SIM Max both can be pretty fade biased. If I am not careful, I can start hitting push fades with the SIM Max. Since this driver is pretty new for me, I just need to figure out the right setting on the head. This bias was happening with any shaft.

• Like 4

Updated 4/27/2021

26 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Took the Motore X F3 out to the range today. Wow, was hitting some bombs. Don't really want to use the stock shaft anymore. I feel like I can really go after it with this shaft. I feel like this will be the gamer going forward already, but for the purposes of this test, I will do the due diligence of comparing shafts on the launch monitor.

One thing I need to figure out is controlling the fade bias of the SIM Max. Based on some discussions on one of the other golf forums, the SIM and SIM Max both can be pretty fade biased. If I am not careful, I can start hitting push fades with the SIM Max. Since this driver is pretty new for me, I just need to figure out the right setting on the head. This bias was happening with any shaft.

Had a similar experience, don’t be afraid to put the sim in the upright setting. Wish I would have before I sold mine.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, COmedic said:

Had a similar experience, don’t be afraid to put the sim in the upright setting. Wish I would have before I sold mine.

Yeah, independent of this shaft test, I need to figure out what setting works best. I like that it mostly keeps the left side out of play (except the really bad swings), but I just need to be careful to not start going too far right. I wonder if a small amount of hotmelt in the heel would help?

• Like 3

Updated 4/27/2021

Yeah, independent of this shaft test, I need to figure out what setting works best. I like that it mostly keeps the left side out of play (except the really bad swings), but I just need to be careful to not start going too far right. I wonder if a small amount of hotmelt in the heel would help?

Cheap to try some lead tape first! Also like others mentioned you could try going up in loft a notch or two which will close the face and make it a touch more upright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Cheap to try some lead tape first! Also like others mentioned you could try going up in loft a notch or two which will close the face and make it a touch more upright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, good thought on the lead tape.

Regarding the loft up, i need to experiment lofting up a notch or two, which will also close the face, or going to the upright setting, which keeps the loft the same but goes up in lie angle by I believe 4 degrees.

• Like 1

Updated 4/27/2021

Thanks, good thought on the lead tape.
Regarding the loft up, i need to experiment lofting up a notch or two, which will also close the face, or going to the upright setting, which keeps the loft the same but goes up in lie angle by I believe 4 degrees.

Yup! For anyone else curious about the adjustments:

[attachment]IMG_8687.png[/attachment]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_8687.png
  • Like 5

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Question for the group. I will be using a Trackman launch monitor for sure for my tests. Should I choose the outdoor option where I will be in 40 degree hitting rocks (range balls) or the indoor option?

Updated 4/27/2021

Just now, dlow206 said:

Question for the group. I will be using a Trackman launch monitor for sure for my tests. Should I choose the outdoor option where I will be in 40 degree hitting rocks (range balls) or the indoor option?

It depends.  If you're hitting outdoors, use the outdoor setting.  If you're hitting into a net, use the indoor.  You can always normalize the data to make it 70 and just above sea level if it's too cold.