Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2020 Official Member Review: Fujikura Motore X shaft

StrokerAce

Was able to get in 1 more round. Right now I'm I'm counting each round as a blessing knowing that my days of playing could come to an end at any moment. 

Today I tried a little experiment. Noting my launch angle from the sim between 13 and 14°, I did a comparison of 9.5° vs 8° loft setup. I've normally been hitting 9.5°. 

0325201741_HDR.thumb.jpg.c1e472336b97ac78285303185ec24a15.jpg

First shot with my usual setup..

Nailed it! 

1276665129_Screenshot_20200325-1746012.thumb.png.38defb3d6b8614058fd3fb1498d803e9.png

I figured there wasn't much sense in reducing the loft.. but I went ahead for the sake of data collection. 

0325201805.thumb.jpg.5d38e12a50b3087a985251ad75952fa3.jpg

I think I'm glad I did..

1995394248_Screenshot_20200322-1838462.thumb.png.de2137d1b834116ef7ed99c4d8adabc3.png

Well surely this was just a lucky coincidence right?..

Nope, this from the next par 4..

1413426150_Screenshot_20200325-1831032.thumb.png.a0851c79850463a1cc577d6b21ccb4b9.png

The last one was a slight push that still ended up on the right side of the fairway. All 3 though we're almost scary straight. 

So my final pic.. I'm really hoping to use the funds from the sale of my Pro force V2 to by an X flex V2 to throw in the mix. Either way, I'm done with the V2 S flex. 

825372642_Screenshot_20200325-2050332.thumb.png.54adbb48e5d620d5a9649e9878895e16.png

Edited by azstu324

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

15 hours ago, azstu324 said:

man that takes some confidence to swing over the concrete like that.. I don' t think my nerves would be equipped to dance with that kind of danger 😳

It's actually not as scary as it looks.  At the beginning, my driver is actually resting on the mat.  I am definitely wanting a smaller hitting mat to put on that side though.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

I'm really itching to get back out on the range and the course, but I am guessing things here will be shutdown for quite a bit longer. My SIM Max head is coming back tomorrow, with 5 to 6 grams of hot melt added.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!  I know it's been pretty slow with everyone being on lockdown, but if you're looking to get some more questions answered these shafts, @Fujikura Golf setup a Q&A.  Here's the question I posted, but you should jump in and post some of your own!

On 4/8/2020 at 10:37 AM, goaliewales14 said:

Hey guys!  I know it's been pretty slow with everyone being on lockdown, but if you're looking to get some more questions answered these shafts, @Fujikura Golf setup a Q&A.  Here's the question I posted, but you should jump in and post some of your own!

Thanks for the shout out!

So always what’s most important is whether or not the item tested works on the course.

My ARCCOS driving handicap has dropped from 15 to 9 during this test. My overall handicap from 6.0 to 4.1.

That counts for something

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

So always what’s most important is whether or not the item tested works on the course.

My ARCCOS driving handicap has dropped from 15 to 9 during this test. My overall handicap from 6.0 to 4.1.

Nice work, I am itching to get back out on the course.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

16 hours ago, revkev said:

Great work!  I haven't been able to put any swings on the clubs for a few weeks now.  I'm itching to get back at it!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Wow! That’s fantastic! Keep it up Rev!

Do you attribute it to better accuracy or distance? Anything stand out to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

16 hours ago, revkev said:

revkev - this is great to hear!

Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to hearing more about this from all of the testers once this ongoing crisis is resolved!

Stay safe and healthy!

- AT, Fujikura Golf

revkev - this is great to hear!
Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to hearing more about this from all of the testers once this ongoing crisis is resolved!
Stay safe and healthy!
- AT, Fujikura Golf

Thank you, please stay safe yourselves.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 weeks later...

So I was finally able to get out on the course for the first time today. I played 12 holes and quit due to blisters. I hit the driver 9 times including on some holes I normally would not. These were the first swings in about 4 weeks, so maybe I could chalk up some of the misses to being rusty but I noticed the same big right miss that I did in the last range session I posted. I truly only hit one fairway, but I give myself credit for piping one into a greenside bunker on a rope and hitting one through a fairway. So I would say I was 3/9 for the day. I still like the feel of the shaft, but the misses were pretty big. I did hit multiple balls off a couple of tees and I the results were the same. So some promise, but lots to work on.

I’ve been playing throughout but not commenting out of respect for the rest of my shut in team.

Yesterday’s round was spectacular off the tee 10/13 fairways with driver, misses totally playable, nice little draw, I averaged 237 - much of the distance gain, nearly 20 yards since I put this shaft in, has come from SuperSpeed workouts but the accuracy? That’s all on the shaft. It’s allowing me to go at it hard and trust that I’m going to hit baby draw, every time.

You can see it in my tracking app. Before the shaft went in I was hitting 60 percent of my fairways and misses were even left and right. With the shaft in I’m at 75 percent and misses now tilt left - I’m starting to eliminate a side when I tee off. That confidence let me absolutely drill one over the outer edge of the trees down the right side of a dogleg yesterday and turn a hole that’s normally driver 6 or 7 iron into driver 9 iron.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I bought a Motore X F1 in hopes of trying it out. Sadly all the golf courses closed the day before I got it...

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I bought a Motore X F1 in hopes of trying it out. Sadly all the golf courses closed the day before I got it...

They should reopen soon.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I’ve been playing throughout but not commenting out of respect for the rest of my shut in team.

Yesterday’s round was spectacular off the tee 10/13 fairways with driver, misses totally playable, nice little draw, I averaged 237 - much of the distance gain, nearly 20 yards since I put this shaft in, has come from SuperSpeed workouts but the accuracy? That’s all on the shaft. It’s allowing me to go at it hard and trust that I’m going to hit baby draw, every time.

You can see it in my tracking app. Before the shaft went in I was hitting 60 percent of my fairways and misses were even left and right. With the shaft in I’m at 75 percent and misses now tilt left - I’m starting to eliminate a side when I tee off. That confidence let me absolutely drill one over the outer edge of the trees down the right side of a dogleg yesterday and turn a hole that’s normally driver 6 or 7 iron into driver 9 iron.

I need to stop following you Rev.. this season is going to get more expensive if I keep seeing your posts like this.

That’s amazing accuracy off the tee. Can’t wait to see what it does for you once you’re in mid-season form.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 hours ago, revkev said:

They should reopen soon.

Got the green light today!! Excited!

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I need to stop following you Rev.. this season is going to get more expensive if I keep seeing your posts like this.

That’s amazing accuracy off the tee. Can’t wait to see what it does for you once you’re in mid-season form.

I’ve always been a very accurate driver of the golf ball. My best sustained handicap was a three year or so period of time where I was between a .5 and 1.5 index. I was in my mid 50’s at that time. I was short off the tee to be in the 0-5 handicap group 230-240 on average. That’s giving away 15 to 20 yards.

You have to make that up somehow. I actually made it up a little here and a little there with accuracy off the tee and chipping being my two best attributes. Chipping remains that factor which keeps me around a 5 today - according to ARCOSS I’m a scratch chipper of the ball.

More important here my driving handicap has plunged into single digits and that’s brought my overall handicap index down nearly a point.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I tried this shaft over the weekend with great hopes. It did not perform for me. At least not yet. It could very well be due to a little over a month layoff. I was getting much better results with my KBS TD. I will be sure to try again and see. I know my swing was off. First impression had me a little disappointed though. 

Man, loosening the play restrictions here in Michigan should have come weeks earlier! I kept rationalizing all kinds of golf purchases just to make myself feel like I’m still in the game during lock-down. Case in point, after re-reading MGS’s January story about the Motore X shaft for the 5th or 6th time, I just knew I needed one. Which one? Who knows! I had no way to get fitted or even visit a launch monitor to compare. So, I did the only reasonable thing I could – I bought one!

My swing speed is in the 95 mph range, when not coming out of my shoes, and the existing shaft in my Epic Flash SZ is 65 grams. So that means the F3 6R is perfect for me, right?? Oh, boy… I hope I haven’t spent $275 for nothing.  I can tell you that there isn’t a discernible difference in the swing speed between the stock Tensei AV Blue and the Motore X (as measured by the little PRGR device I use at home). But my one range session since golf restrictions have eased has been encouraging from a consistency viewpoint. I just got my new light-weight carry bag delivered (my latest post-restriction purchase!!!) and plan on playing soon. 

I am very interested in the upcoming reviews by @azstu324, @dlow206, @goaliewales14, @revkev and @Rtracymog.  I’m sure they will ALL confirm that I made the right decision!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft

18 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

I tried this shaft over the weekend with great hopes. It did not perform for me. At least not yet. It could very well be due to a little over a month layoff. I was getting much better results with my KBS TD. I will be sure to try again and see. I know my swing was off. First impression had me a little disappointed though. 

What type of results were you seeing?

Updated 07/15/2022

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

What type of results were you seeing?

I am playing a F1 7X and I am getting a really high spinny flight. 

6 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Interesting, maybe your swing speed is too high?

(I followed some of your WRX posts, I think you hit 300 yard 3 woods if I recall).

Updated 07/15/2022

6 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

I can understand where you're coming from with that.  I don't notice the flight to be very high, but I do see the flight in my F1 to be a little higher than my gamer. Spin is slightly higher, but I think that some of that for me is that I can't seem to center it as well as my current shaft.  When I make a good swing and center it, I don't really notice too many of those issues.

I took the girls to the range on Sunday morning.  It's tough to do much work when you're trying to help a 4 and 7 year old stay somewhat focused, have fun and not get frustrated.  With that being said, I did get a chance to do some driver work.  I'm still very frustrated with my swing.  I'm getting this out to in path through much of the bag.  I need my shop to open up so that I can get on Trackman!  I know how lucky I am to be able to see those numbers once they get on screen and to be able to adjust my swing accordingly.  With that being said, I'm still getting a right miss that can be very unplayable.  I know it's partly swing, but I threw my Rogue Silver in there and hit 2 or 3 (definitely still less than half) of the shots dead straight and long.  I'm wondering if this tipped F1 might be too much to where I can't strike the center and/or get my face back to square as much as I need to.  

On 5/5/2020 at 1:58 PM, dlow206 said:

Interesting, maybe your swing speed is too high?

(I followed some of your WRX posts, I think you hit 300 yard 3 woods if I recall).

Haha. I doubt that is the case, but I appreciate the thought. 

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

Haha. I doubt that is the case, but I appreciate the thought. 

Did you try messing with the lofts at all? I remember when I first plugged the shaft in at 9.5* to match my previous loft, and did notice that my spin and launch were like 3000+ / 14* which is quite high from my prior stats 2800 / 12*. Once I dropped the loft to 8* and made some minor swing adjustments, I found I was squaring up with more frequency and my stats went back to 2400 / 12* and have resulted in a lower, more controllable, ball flight that has netted about 10 extra yds (for me) and with more frequency. It may just be the bend profile of the shaft and figuring out what adjustments to make. 

IMO, adding a new shaft can be like adding more horsepower to a car. If you don't tweak all of the other components to go with it, you may not see any results.. or may even lose performance. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Made it out on the course yesterday for the first time in about two months. Something was really really off on my driver swing and trying to fix the swing made it worse. Finally, i used a "drill" to get myself in the right position and then from that paused position at the top, make a swing. Actually played some holes that way and hit on the range that way as well. 

With the Motore shaft and that crazy "drill" swing I was making, I was hitting the ball 220 to 230 yards into the fairway. That's not bad for me, and thats considering I was taking a swing from a completely paused position at the top. After the round, compared the Motore shaft to an Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65 I picked up. I think the Oban was smoother between the two shafts but the launch was too high with the Oban. 

Updated 07/15/2022

On 5/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, azstu324 said:

Did you try messing with the lofts at all? I remember when I first plugged the shaft in at 9.5* to match my previous loft, and did notice that my spin and launch were like 3000+ / 14* which is quite high from my prior stats 2800 / 12*. Once I dropped the loft to 8* and made some minor swing adjustments, I found I was squaring up with more frequency and my stats went back to 2400 / 12* and have resulted in a lower, more controllable, ball flight that has netted about 10 extra yds (for me) and with more frequency. It may just be the bend profile of the shaft and figuring out what adjustments to make. 

IMO, adding a new shaft can be like adding more horsepower to a car. If you don't tweak all of the other components to go with it, you may not see any results.. or may even lose performance. 

I have kept trying it and it is coming around. The last time out was WAY better. I was blown away the first time I played the Ventus, this one is taking a bit more to get used to. It honestly could just be to a long lay of due to covid and winter back to back. 

Hey guys!  I was finally able to get back out today!  The Motore X shaft performed great, but I wish my swing wasn't trying to shake off 2 months of rust.  The one thing I really loved about today was that the shaft helped manage my bad swings.  My drives did miss the fairway, but it wasn't near as bad as it should have been.  Towards the last few holes, I was really starting to get back into the groove only to pipe the best drive I hit all day dead straight through the fairway into a fairway bunker. 😂