Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Blades vs. Game Improvement - Where's the Data?

HardcoreLooper

17 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Don’t thank me! Thank apple, google, YouTube, Facebook, and whoever else is stealing all the data from my phone because both of those videos were right on my suggested playlist. emoji15.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The man is watching always!

For me I dont know the data I just know for me I have always been non-blade simply for the fact that my swing is steep and if I used them I would probably be to China in an hour.

image.jpeg.7f9b5a8e4db23e6fe0b3243e64bedf10.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

While finding the middle is good it’s not an indication of puring imo. Puring a shot to me is proper compression of the ball and the sound/feel of softness. Considering even the pros don’t pure 100% of their shots even though the find the middle quite frequently us amatuers arent puring a lot of shots.

We may see the consistency in distances and consistency in distance lost on missed shots when a shot is properly compressed compared to our normal shot there’s going to be some added distance.

As mentioned in my early reply there have been some clubs that have known hot shots like the cf16 and other that have reports of them but not nearly to the extent the cf16 has. Someone with you distance is probably prone to the hot shots for some of the clubs that have had those reports. 

For me puring is hitting it in the center and it flying the exact distance it was suppose to.  I am no pro though and my swing by no means is anywhere close to a pro.   So a lot of bad shots are definitely me, not the club.  There are occasional times where I feel like the stars align and my swing is “perfect”, lol for an amateur, and it goes a bit further,  but not like what I was seeing with the gi irons.  I guess what I am trying to say is that the dispersion front to back is just way tighter on one piece forged irons.  Of course, this is only my observation and it could be in my head.

Totally agree with the cf16’s though.   It was unfortunate, because I thought over all those were very good irons.

To ad to this thread, I also do think that for us amateurs who do not have amazing swings,  when we are having a bad day, blades are definitely more punishing.  

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

The man is watching always!

For me I dont know the data I just know for me I have always been non-blade simply for the fact that my swing is steep and if I used them I would probably be to China in an hour.

image.jpeg.7f9b5a8e4db23e6fe0b3243e64bedf10.jpeg

The Man might be displeased at the lack of proper capitalization.  🤔😇

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

The Man might be displeased at the lack of proper capitalization.  🤔😇

I like to make them think I am not so smart so they overlook me 🤨

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

4 hours ago, B.Boston said:

For those interested:

Really enjoyed and learned from this video, Thanks

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Really enjoyed and learned from this video, Thanks

I like the stuff they put on that channel. They get into the tech quite a bit and Ian is full of fitting knowledge for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I like the stuff they put on that channel. They get into the tech quite a bit and Ian is full of fitting knowledge for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've watched a few of their videos before but this time I subscribed !

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

I watched the Crossfield video and made me think of this thread. Obviously he is one person and I noticed there were more good shots with the blade. Like mentioned by others TXG videos mean so much more to me then Crossfield. I want to do a apples to apples compare with my MP-33 irons & TS-1 to really compare and understand the pros and cons of each.

I love @ncwoz comment about Mark playing the Launchers if he hit his Top Flites so well. 

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I have a decent handicap but have no desire to play blades. I want all game improvement features to help me get the ball up,  hit it straight, and land it where I want to.  If these features help to lower your  score I'm all about it. I don't need to have a fully matched set of brand "X" it's all about what works for me.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

41 minutes ago, Rtonner3 said:

Great video on the topic 

... It is a video that has very little, if any relevance to the average golfer. Most golfers need more height and more ball speed. They will do the opposite of Matt, most likely swinging the GI faster than the MB because they are getting the feedback they want and need. Confidence combined with a more desirable ball flight will almost always result in better swings. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It is a video that has very little, if any relevance to the average golfer. Most golfers need more height and more ball speed. They will do the opposite of Matt, most likely swinging the GI faster than the MB because they are getting the feedback they want and need. Confidence combined with a more desirable ball flight will almost always result in better swings. 

I see your point, fam. 

Just look at the pros. Mix of blades and other style clubs.....forgiveness is key 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just a couple things.  The idea or saying that hitting blades make you a better ball striker is half true.  The reason why I think its half true is with blades, you have to have good contact or your hands will hurt from all the vibrations.  Part of it is willingness to get better and part of it is probably subconsciously your brain trying to protect itself.  I like the feel and feedback from blades.  More forgivingn clubs make me feel disconnected.  

Second, I think a lot of golfers need to figure their swing out instead of thinking or hoping new clubs will fix their tanks,  hooks, push slices, chunky shots, thin shots, ect.  I understand there is a need and use for different types of clubs but I also think people are shying away from trying to really fix their swing.  

With all that being said, I'm not sure how relevant this test would be besides collecting data.   What I mean is even in data its an average.  Golf is different for everyone.  Even MGS most wanted, or most forgiving, or most distance may not apply to some.  Perhaps one that didnt make the cut is better for me than the average.   Although data collecting is important, club fitting is even more important.  If the clubs are fitted for you, whether it be blades or GI or SGI or a hockey stick, no other testing or opinion matters.  I think that's why when listening to no putts given, they all say go get fitted.

On 5/20/2020 at 6:41 AM, B.Boston said:

The big question we all have is MacGregor or Miura in Big Stu’s dream bag?

Pro 82 Macs but read between the lines they were forged by Miura. In fact a Baby Blade Miura looks just like a Pro82 or VIP at address

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 5/23/2020 at 3:46 PM, chisag said:

Like I have always said--- Different strokes for different folks---- And that is really true in golf

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

9 hours ago, Chizzle said:

Just a couple things.  The idea or saying that hitting blades make you a better ball striker is half true.  The reason why I think its half true is with blades, you have to have good contact or your hands will hurt from all the vibrations.  Part of it is willingness to get better and part of it is probably subconsciously your brain trying to protect itself.  I like the feel and feedback from blades.

Interesting points.  Plus, you just gave me an idea for the Hard Rock Challenge. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Interesting points.  Plus, you just gave me an idea for the Hard Rock Challenge. 

Going to take fastballs of the chest because there is only 364 days left until next years hockey tryouts?