Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

8 to 10 weeks stillllll.... Go away snow... Humm Carolinas maybe?

Bowser

Indoor golf hitting into a screen has a certain appeal but that wears off quickly enough; watching Morning Drive most mornings is fine but frankly unless there is controversy that gets redundant; hobbies are one thing but constantly looking at the 14 day forecast on the weather channel should not be a hobby. My track has been closed since mid-Nov; golfed in Cheraw State Park in Dec and Cuba in Jan...

So it is time once again to look south from the 49th parallel at driving down Highway 81 through NY, PA, MD, WV, VA and into the Carolinas...(usual route has me take the 64 to the 95 and south from there)

I have a friend in Myrtle with an open invite so will make it there in time for Wed next week and then play 2 rds a day for 3 or 4 days and head back but...

Any hidden gems I should play on the way? I don't mind at all going off the main road with my GPS as long as I can play a track that is in good playing condition (I get that this time of year can be challenging) and a good value for my money. I've played a lot of golf on that route and always looking for that track I just can't miss the next time around. 30 Miles off the main route is not that bad for me or even if I have to take a different route that doesn't lengthen my trip too much; let's say one hour added to overall trip.

Thanks in advance

If you, re a member of a club, see if you can have your pro get you on at either Keswick Hall, near Richmond, or at Benvenue, near Rocky Mount, NC.  Keswick Hallis a Pete Dye redesign of a much older course, usually playable because they capped all the fairways with a sand layer.  Benvenue is a Donald Ross design not far from I-95.  And a third option is Royal New Kent, a few miles east of Richmond, an interesting Mike Strantz design.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia